Fresno 14

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fresno

Re: Fresno 14

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 24th, 2015, 8:27 pm

As far as the music, the Nortenos and the Surenos market their music and invest in the music industry in serious levels and that's why it has excelled since the 1990s into what it is now. I remember when the Darkroom Familia recorded their music and it was not that great as far as the quality of the production of the beats and musical part, but over the years it's changed and the homeboys make a lot of tracks on their albums that could seriously make radio play. The Surenos do it all the time on the radio in LA and with radio shows like Pocos Pero Locos. It's all about how serious the investment is in the music and it will show its quality, which the Nortenos have shown and in my opinion, the rapper Woodie from Antioch was the one that paved the way for the homeboys as far as that.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » July 24th, 2015, 8:49 pm

I agree! I think what screws up a lot of these musicians is that their music audience is to narrow. Who is going to listen to Norteno music but Nortenos? That doesn't mean its not high quality though. Same thing for Surenos. They tend to get more play around the country though. I think that has more to do with Surenos being more popular throughout the southwest though. I need to check out some of those Fresno uncensored videos. I quickly looked over two of them tonight. Looks mostly like black gangs. I honestly expected to see Bulldogs.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 24th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Only the College Street Bulldogs are on there. There's a Parkside Bulldog in that clip when their all barking and another guy that says he's from dog Life Gangsters. That's another Bulldog hood I think in the East Side. The guy that made that DVD is a black rapper from Madera. The Fresno Police was gonna bust him for making that video but they never charged him. Just all the bangers on there got in trouble for showing off guns and drugs. The main reason that guy made the DVD was to showcase the hip hop scene in Fresno. That's why you see Yukmouth from Oakland and Shake The Mayor from West Fresno who has done tracks with some Sactown rappers and Bay Rappers. When the cops got a hold of it, the media turned it into a gang DVD and that's not what it was made for. Getting all the bangers on there was a way to get the sales of the DVD to go up and it did. There was a big backlog on orders the first couple of weeks it was released.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 24th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Do any of them have bulldogs? Those are the ones that I would want to see! I notice there are about 10 of them out. That is a lot to watch. I want to narrow it down to specific interest.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 24th, 2015, 9:18 pm

The College Street Dogs clip is the only one with Bulldogs. The rest are all black gangs from the West Side. I'm telling you the media blew it out of proportion and label it a Bulldog DVD because the Bulldogs are the biggest gang in Fresno and the news jumps all over anything that has to do with the Bulldogs. There's hardly any videos or DVDs with Bulldogs like the Nortenos have From The Streets To The Studio and the Barrio 2 Barrio DVD. They have nothing even close to that. Just whatever youtube video you find of Bulldogs uploading themselves online is pretty much all that is out there.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 24th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Damn, hhs posted a lot. I wondered about some of those hoods. Is vst in Mendota, the same as the one in the town of Fresno? I also noticed that name BLA, is very similar to BLP. BLP must of thought it was lame some fools in the north copied them. I also want to add that Mac Dre's Treal TV, had a small scene with bulldog fighting. I might try and see if I can find a clip later.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 24th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Rudog, not sure if the Mendota VST is the same as the Fresno one. Far as I know I haven't heard of any connection, but you know what happens a lot is that they share the same name and they end up networking especially in this case because they are both Fresno County Sureno hoods. BLA and BLP have been in Reedley a lot of years and they learned to co-exist having to deal with VESR Nortenos in Reedley which is a large gang and they have plenty of backup from the homies in Parlier and Tulare County. That Bulldog clip on Treal TV I heard were Nortenos and Bulldogs fighting and the guy at the end with the bloody nose was an ESF Dog that got socked by a Norteno.

yababyloco
What city do you live in now?: west los

Unread post by yababyloco » July 25th, 2015, 6:34 pm

FUCK bullfrogs !!! SUR 13

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 27th, 2015, 4:02 am

Here we go with that BS! Please don't turn this into a netbanging forum! I don't care for Bulldogs either but I try to keep it respectful! If we start doing that there becomes no reason to be on here.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » July 27th, 2015, 12:38 pm

That netbanging is not kool "yababyloco" I know your a youngster but real gangsters don't get down like that.I agree with Silent to keep in 100 is to keep it respectful...I hope you can refrain from the disrespect...There isn't any bulldogs on "SG" but if there were that isn't kool...With Respect BJ...

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 27th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Yeah, you actually are not supposed to net bang on here. The site owner frowns on it.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 29th, 2015, 5:29 pm

At about 9:12 is where that fight starts, here:

Now it sounds to me that both east side and north side is being shouted, but maybe even dogs coming from both sides. Now about at 10:46, someone has a bandanna hanging off their waist, that isn't red! Looking possibly blue or black and they helped a side out, which I believe could be north side dogs or whatever dogs. This is 1 of the things that made me wonder if dogs claimed any color other than red, or that may be a sureño.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 30th, 2015, 9:28 am

That guy with the dark rag could be a Sureno because back then the Surenos and Bulldogs used to back each other up til about the early 2000's at the latest when that dissolved in prison and on the streets.

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by SDmofo » July 30th, 2015, 11:30 am

You guys are very knowledgeable. As far as TRG and CVG 14, they don't beef. The Nortenos in Fresno seem to get along with the Asian gangs. The bulldogs on the other hand have a long history of beefing with the Asian gangs. According to Fresno PD, some of the more serious gang beefs in Fresno in 2014 were Bulldogs vs Asian gangs. I heard about shit here and there but i didn't even know it was like that. Especially in 2014. Asian gangs in Fresno are different from say, Asian gangs in SJ.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 30th, 2015, 11:37 am

Reminds me of Cinco de Mayo and going to the Fair! Everytime I went to either of those places shit just like that would pop off! @SDmofo, Asian gangs in SJ have are known to get down with each other and pull off big time robberies! They are very close knit though. I cant say that I know much about them. They stick to their own. Every time I would get locked up I would meet them and usually they would be in their for some kind of fraud or robbery! They are really not known for banging on anyone else though. I cant say that I ever recall anyone ever going to war with them!

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SDmofo » July 30th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Your right Silent. SJ Asian gangs(mostly Vietnamese) like to stick to their own. They like to hang out in Asian restaurants, coffee houses, clubs etc. They're into robberies, gambling, collecting from Asian owned businesses etc. Every now and then you'll hear about a guy getting stabbed or shot. Fresno Asian gangs(mostly Cambodians, Lao , Hmongs) hang out on the block, slang, and gangbang in the traditional sense. They're also more open and intermingle with non Asians. With Bulldogs/Asians living next to each other and bulldogs being so numerous it's only natural that they would have quarrels from time to time. Their beefs can get pretty serious. I've always wondered how bulldogs beef with all other hispanics(Norte/Sur/taggers) and Asians but don't beef with the black gangs.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 30th, 2015, 1:50 pm

The black gangs have their own wars on each other in the West Side and in the North Side mainly over drugs and personal stuff someone said. Someone will disrespect another through a facebook, twitter, or a youtube post like what happened with the fight at the Fashion Fair Mall earlier this year where one group uploaded the fight at the mall on youtube, then a couple days later some got capped on the sidewalk.

In Fresno, the TRG 7126 vs ABZ 1226-Asian Boys is one of the main Asian gang rivalries just like it is in Long Beach. There's other Asian gangs like AC357-Asian Crips, 209 Lao Crips (They go way back when Fresno used to be 209 area code), LB 43-Lao Boys (North Side and West Side), OBS-Oriental Boys, and MOD 301. TRG has a few clicks spread out in the East Side.

Here are the basic gang rivalries in Fresno:

Bulldogs vs Nortenos
Bulldogs vs Surenos
Nortenos vs Surenos
TRG vs ABZ
Bulldogs vs Bulldogs (it varies which clicks war with who, ESF Bulldogs and NSF Bulldogs don't always get along and County Dogs at times will beef with Fresno Bulldogs)

Nortenos and Surenos county-wide in Fresno will ban together against Bulldogs on the streets.
The Nortenos in Fresno County will claim FCN-Fresno County Nortenos

Taggers out here look like they run into the same things like they do in other big cities. Lot of gangs have started as tagging crews and made their bones on the streets and in jail so they could earn their status as a gang. So before that happens say in Fresno, they go toe-to-toe with other Bulldogs, Nortenos, or Surenos and later on after earning their stripes, you will notice taggers with a 13, 14, or BDS next to their name of their set.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 30th, 2015, 10:18 pm

hiphopsoldier1983 wrote:

Nortenos and Surenos county-wide in Fresno will ban together against Bulldogs on the streets.
?

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 31st, 2015, 9:43 am

Sorry about that Rudog, the way it was intended to be stated was that Nortenos county-wide will ban together against Bulldogs and Surenos county-wide will ban together against Bulldogs. Nortenos out here have no problem clicking together, but Surenos at times out here will have their differences and set trip. But for the most part they will put beef aside when it comes to going at Bulldogs and at Nortenos. Sorry for the mix-up. I would of responded the same way seeing how it was stated before.

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: NorCal

Unread post by DiegoDog » July 31st, 2015, 10:45 am

hiphopsoldier1983 wrote:The Bulldogs have a lot of hood fighting because they have a lot of neighborhoods, especially in the East Side where there are ESF sets that rival each other. Because he Norteno and Sureno gangs are outnumbered by a lot in Fresno, naturally there is gonna be a lot of set trippin. One thing about the F14 thing, the Bulldogs see the F14 as their own even to this day because they consider it part of their heritage. The Bulldogs that use F14 still are mainly the generational members that were schooled down by their dads or uncles that were F14ers back in the day. Bulldogs will still use 14 but not XIV cause they say that is part of the Northern Raza. If you see tagging in Fresno, Bulldogs will use 14 still, sometimes X4, and even still use 4 dots on their knuckles, but not XIV. After they split off from the Nortenos and NF in prison in the mid 1980s as the F14 car, it was til about 1992 or 93 when it was clearly visible on the streets of Fresno that the F14 gang members were split off the North and had the Fresno Bulldog identity.
This is correct^^^ except for the X4...no Bulldog uses the X, it's just 14.

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DiegoDog » July 31st, 2015, 11:11 am

SDmofo wrote:You guys are very knowledgeable. As far as TRG and CVG 14, they don't beef. The Nortenos in Fresno seem to get along with the Asian gangs. The bulldogs on the other hand have a long history of beefing with the Asian gangs. According to Fresno PD, some of the more serious gang beefs in Fresno in 2014 were Bulldogs vs Asian gangs. I heard about shit here and there but i didn't even know it was like that. Especially in 2014. Asian gangs in Fresno are different from say, Asian gangs in SJ.
Bulldogs are beefing with Asians because they're openly doing business with Nor members.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 31st, 2015, 11:58 am

@ diegodog do they still get 14 tattooed on them, or is that only the older former Norteno generation only. If they do still get it on them why? Is the N standing for Nation?

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SDmofo » July 31st, 2015, 12:26 pm

Is that what it is nowadays? I know over the years there has been a lot of on and off beef between various bulldog and asian gangs. Some bulldog and asian gangs are cool with each other. A lot of shared neighborhoods.

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Wisconsin

Unread post by niceman » August 1st, 2015, 1:46 am

SDmofo wrote:You guys are very knowledgeable. As far as TRG and CVG 14, they don't beef. The Nortenos in Fresno seem to get along with the Asian gangs. The bulldogs on the other hand have a long history of beefing with the Asian gangs. According to Fresno PD, some of the more serious gang beefs in Fresno in 2014 were Bulldogs vs Asian gangs. I heard about shit here and there but i didn't even know it was like that. Especially in 2014. Asian gangs in Fresno are different from say, Asian gangs in SJ.
Interesting, what Asian gang beefing?

Anyways, I heard of an older incident about Bulldogs killing a young ABZ gang member back in 2008. An example of Bulldogs beefing with Asian gang.

R.I.P Chrisna "Stranger" Long of Fresno Northside A.B.Z 1992-2008

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DiegoDog » August 1st, 2015, 12:22 pm

silentwssj wrote:@ diegodog do they still get 14 tattooed on them, or is that only the older former Norteno generation only. If they do still get it on them why? Is the N standing for Nation?
Yes, 14 is still tattoed on Bulldogs. 14 is mostly a carry over from the F14 days, more of a heritage thing than anything else.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 1st, 2015, 1:23 pm

What's the meaning? It has to be Nation in my mind! It can't be Norte! F14 stood for Fresno and Norte! In my mind why reminisce about your heritage, that chapter of history is gone and lost forever! With respect! Silent!

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DiegoDog » August 2nd, 2015, 9:20 am

silentwssj wrote:What's the meaning? It has to be Nation in my mind! It can't be Norte! F14 stood for Fresno and Norte! In my mind why reminisce about your heritage, that chapter of history is gone and lost forever! With respect! Silent!
I'm not sure if you're asking a question or making a rhetorical statement. There isn't logic in a lot of things, gang banging in itself is illogical, I don't see why a number would be any different.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 2nd, 2015, 10:16 am

I am just trying to figure out the meaning placed behind it! If its Nation it makes sense! If it means Norte that doesnt make sense to me. As I said before that chapter of history has closed. There is nothing left to reminisce or reflect on there! As far as gangbanging not making any sense, there is some truth to that. People have to grow out of that on their own though. Its a process! We all have our different reasons for entering and exiting that life. I personally like to think that the symbols that are used have meaning behind them though. Anyhow, I am not on here to argue or disrespect. I am simply trying to get an answer to a question. Silent!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 2nd, 2015, 1:45 pm

Bulldogs couldn't and still can't agree with things some use or have used in the past. Just like how hip-hop soldier mentioned how some bulldogs wanted to add nation to their name, but some weren't with it. I think silent agrees that how some say the definition of the 14 for n was changed to nation makes sense! They didn't want to look stupid for using F14 still, when they didn't any longer bang north and some don't use 14 at all, I'm sure. Bulldogs didn't as a whole want to be as organized as some wanted and therefore they're disorganized as they choose to be, so I am not surprised at the differences they have amongst each other. I think too many things happened, and therefore there's always been confusion since many years ago with bulldogs.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » August 3rd, 2015, 3:35 pm

This is what I heard years ago about 14 used by the Bulldogs.

F14 represents the Hispanic gang members from Fresno since the early 1970s. Fresno Hispanic gang roots is represented by F14. Its representation is more about where they are from as far as their city and not about Norte. To a Bulldog, 14 is never to be written by itself next to a hood name, then the factor of them appearing to be a Norteno hood will appear. So a Bulldog will always make sure "Fresno 14" or "F14" will always be written together and never apart. The County Dogs that are from outside of the city of Fresno won't write F14 cause that's a Fresno thing, they will write BDS for Bulldogs like the ones from Sanger and Selma.

It's just like the red colors, without the Fresno Bulldog symbols, hand signs, or anything else that shows they rep Fresno Bulldogs combined with the red, then they look like they're Nortenos but they are not. A Norteno from another city outside of Fresno County can wear red without the Norteno symbols and he or she won't have any confusion from anyone for the most part of what gang he or she is reppin. The Nortenos from Fresno County have to have more than just the red on to show that he's a Norteno and not a Bulldog unless he's walking around a town like Reedley where there are no Bulldog hoods and all the youngsters out there wearing red support the Norte.

F14 is a representation of the Fresno car of Hispanic gang members that represented way back in the 1970s and when the split-off happened, it remained as the representation of the same group of Hispanic gang members, but they added to it the Bulldog identity. The Bulldogs overall will never let go of the F14 no mater what because it's a representation of their group. The Bulldog Nation or BDN was mainly a prison thing that just couldn't take off and it dissolved as far as what they really intended it to be which was gang structure and the majority of the Bulldogs refused to be under any structure or rules.

It can sound and get really confusing why they keep the 14, but remember it's F14 and not just 14. That's the difference as far as I know. I thought the same as all of you especially being originally from San Jo about this whole F14 thing, but I'm just stating it how a Bulldog would likely state it.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » August 3rd, 2015, 8:06 pm

Its a Fresno thing not a Norteno thing fellas they always had the F in front of the 14 it should give you a indication of what was always more important to the bulldogs. I'm not a expert on bulldogs, but I have been friends with a few back in the 1980's and even seen a few get stabbed to death in Corcoran...Silent they rode like that for along time they are never going to drop the 14 because they repped that as long as they been around Its a "FRESNO THING"

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 3rd, 2015, 10:44 pm

I got to laugh Bumper! You are right though, its a Fresno thing and that is always what was most important to them! I still say they have no business using 14! That's over and done with! I guess they got to justify them tats they got though Lol! They are real confusing to a lot of people. I know an old Southsider that changed his life many years ago. He likes to go to NA meetings. Well he passed through Fresno a few years ago and said they were redraggin At the NA meeting. Poor guy thought they were Nortenos. I had to explain this whole Bulldog thing to him. Yes they wear red still as well as using the number 14 to! He just shook his head. He spent many years in the pen but he was from the old school!

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”