Surenos in San Francisco

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Post Reply
Thelilguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: New Jersey
What city do you live in now?: Newark

Surenos in San Francisco

Unread post by Thelilguy » February 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm

First time posting, but ive been following the gang scene recently, and i have some questions regarding the Surrenos/Nortenos. Was reading an interesting story the other day of the surrenos bein busted for running a crew in San Fran. Some guy named Michael Robelledo called the shots and caught a couple of bodies over the span of 12 yrs. What confuses me is how the surrenos have managed to take territory in San Francisco, a northern Cali city. Anyone know how much of Northern Cali is run by surrenos? Also why would Robelledo’s gang (19th st surrenos) pay tribute to the Mexican Mafia when they operate in northern Cali? Aren’t northern Cali mexicans Nortenos and southern Cali Mexicans Surrenos?

Thelilguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: New Jersey
What city do you live in now?: Newark

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by Thelilguy » February 27th, 2019, 6:49 pm

My bad for spam posting my phone glitched tf out

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » February 27th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Identifying with the Southside has always been more popular.

Plus there’s been a lot of southsiders that have moved up to Northern California and started recruiting. Whereas it’s very rare for northerners to move South in big enough numbers, as far as I know.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 70
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by shaolinmonche » February 27th, 2019, 9:40 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Identifying with the Southside has always been more popular.

Plus there’s been a lot of southsiders that have moved up to Northern California and started recruiting. Whereas it’s very rare for northerners to move South in big enough numbers, as far as I know.
The only places in Southern California you can find a Norteño would be at a Theme Park with their family like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, 6 Flags Magic Mountain.

They drive down to So*Cal to take their family to the theme parks out here. I seen a Norteño before at Disneyland. He was with his wife and kids. He had his pony tail and was rocking a 49ers jersey. He had a x4 on the back of his neck. I seen another Norteño with his wife and kids at Universal Studios before.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » February 28th, 2019, 12:36 am

Yea that makes sense, theme parks that people from all over the country and the world travel to go to.

There’s also that article about when the Mongols went at it with some southsider gangs years ago. An incident took place in the SGV where a Mongols member was dealing with some Lomas 13 members but he said something to the effect of “I’m a Mongol but I’m still a Norteño” and the Lomas dudes just smoked him right there on the spot. Kind of crazy for the Mongols to recruit both Norteños and Surenos within the club and expect it to go smoothly.

But as far as Southside gangs up North, I think certain people up there may feel more connected to SoCal than the North. They could have a lot of family ties down south, or they simply were raised in a neighborhood where a sureno gang already established itself so they just fall into that category.

Utd2097
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 54
Joined: December 4th, 2018, 8:13 am
Country: Angola
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Bay area

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by Utd2097 » March 8th, 2019, 2:38 am

Certian eme members were from frisco, san jose & other northern citys. When the split between north & south happened the eme from northern cali laced up there young homies from the varrio as surenos.

They are certian places up north that have ran out surenos like stockton & east oakland.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 8th, 2019, 11:00 am

There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.

BPG187
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Adelanto

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by BPG187 » March 8th, 2019, 2:05 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.
I want to know who were the NF cats that were from Sur Varrios, i heard rumors of Oxnard, Pomona , Pasadena and even San Bernardino had I guess you can call it a NF influence ( that weirdo Headgiver down state Norteno gonna have a field day when he sees this LMFAO smh)

BPG187
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Adelanto

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by BPG187 » March 8th, 2019, 2:07 pm

And I wonder what happen to those Vatos from the Sur claiming the NF? Did they all eventually get killed off? You’d think that would cause some sort of rift in the set

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 8th, 2019, 2:33 pm

BPG187 wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.
I want to know who were the NF cats that were from Sur Varrios, i heard rumors of Oxnard, Pomona , Pasadena and even San Bernardino had I guess you can call it a NF influence ( that weirdo Headgiver down state Norteno gonna have a field day when he sees this LMFAO smh)
I know of a few SGV and Some IE hoods did in fact have NF members. Just off the top of my head-

Bassett Grande
Chino Sinners
Cucamonga Kings

There’s than that though.


Yeah it did cause some issues within but got cleaned up.im trying to get access to some 1970’s articles that might touch in the subject. Ironically these same hoods went on to have a disproportionate higher number of Eme members also.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 8th, 2019, 2:35 pm

https://newspaperarchive.com/pomona-pro ... -1977-p-2/

In this old newspaper they touch on the NF- Eme struggle within the Pomona Valley area

BPG187
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Adelanto

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by BPG187 » March 8th, 2019, 2:54 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:
BPG187 wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.
I want to know who were the NF cats that were from Sur Varrios, i heard rumors of Oxnard, Pomona , Pasadena and even San Bernardino had I guess you can call it a NF influence ( that weirdo Headgiver down state Norteno gonna have a field day when he sees this LMFAO smh)
I know of a few SGV and Some IE hoods did in fact have NF members. Just off the top of my head-

Bassett Grande
Chino Sinners
Cucamonga Kings

There’s than that though.


Yeah it did cause some issues within but got cleaned up.im trying to get access to some 1970’s articles that might touch in the subject. Ironically these same hoods went on to have a disproportionate higher number of Eme members also.
That’s crazy to me man ! You would think that ok let’s say a guy from Pomona 12 st is in the pen rolling with the NF and he gets killed you would think that possibly his homies from 12st wouldn’t like that and say fuck the Sur but damn just shows you how powerful this shit was and still is

BPG187
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Adelanto

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by BPG187 » March 8th, 2019, 2:59 pm

In Pasadena I know that the Villa Boys were claiming 14, some Vatos say that they had the NF influence but that quickly dropped but some others say that the whole reason for claiming 14 was because they hung out at an Arcade on 14 W Villa St. supposedly in A teen angel’s magazine they had a hit up that said Villa Boys 14 if anyone has that issue (I think it’s #35) please post that up I’m trying to see it !

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 9th, 2019, 3:04 pm

BPG187 wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:
BPG187 wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.
I want to know who were the NF cats that were from Sur Varrios, i heard rumors of Oxnard, Pomona , Pasadena and even San Bernardino had I guess you can call it a NF influence ( that weirdo Headgiver down state Norteno gonna have a field day when he sees this LMFAO smh)
I know of a few SGV and Some IE hoods did in fact have NF members. Just off the top of my head-

Bassett Grande
Chino Sinners
Cucamonga Kings

There’s than that though.


Yeah it did cause some issues within but got cleaned up.im trying to get access to some 1970’s articles that might touch in the subject. Ironically these same hoods went on to have a disproportionate higher number of Eme members also.
That’s crazy to me man ! You would think that ok let’s say a guy from Pomona 12 st is in the pen rolling with the NF and he gets killed you would think that possibly his homies from 12st wouldn’t like that and say fuck the Sur but damn just shows you how powerful this shit was and still is
That would’ve taken some major balls to go against the grain in those days I would think. Especially when hitting the county.

Thelilguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: New Jersey
What city do you live in now?: Newark

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by Thelilguy » March 11th, 2019, 6:01 am

Thanks for the info guys. Michael Robolledo seemed to be the top sureno in San Fran up until his arrest. He had a good run on the street, lasted bout 15 yrs while catching bodies, and managed to establish sureno territory in San Fran. He’ll prob be treated with a lotta respect in prison by la eme. Anyone got a pic of Robolledo?

282828
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 121
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 5:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by 282828 » June 19th, 2019, 10:16 am

The nf was started by guys from LA and surrounding areas. Guys from lil valley, clanton, chiques, redondo, san fer, maravilla, toonerville, bakers and others. Didnt become a north/south thing until later. Most of the founders were killed or dropped out. i dont think theres anyone from southern hoods in nf today.

As some of the founding members of the eme were from san fran, one being mike acha ison who actually sponsored cheyenne and many others into the eme. He eventually died but sonny b from hazard was sent to sf to run it for the carnales.. hes also past but theres always been surenos in san fran because of that. Theres still big homies from modesto, merced, sacramento, etc. Frankie b who ran the sgv for a long time was from merced. He was murdered for trying to move on D from black angels area.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 389
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 9:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by LAResident » June 19th, 2019, 8:50 pm

BPG187 wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:There were also NF members from southern varrios. But it was phased out.
I want to know who were the NF cats that were from Sur Varrios, i heard rumors of Oxnard, Pomona , Pasadena and even San Bernardino had I guess you can call it a NF influence ( that weirdo Headgiver down state Norteno gonna have a field day when he sees this LMFAO smh)
LMFAO!!!

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 487
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by TheAngels » June 25th, 2019, 12:37 am

That makes me wonder... have any Nortenos ever try to start a hood or a clique in Southern Cali?

What's the most southern Norteno barrio? Are there any around Bakersfield?

I've known Nortenos who lived in LA but they usually keep a low profile. But I remember in high school this dude used to tag "Fresno 14" around the school and would wear red. I thought dude was crazy for doing that.

I'm not that familiar with Nortenos, but isn't there a stereotype that Norteno Mexicans act Black? Having cornrows, talking Black, dressing Black, etc...? That dude in my high school from Fresno 14 would get braids, talked Black, and also dated only Black females. And I knew another Norteno from the Bay who sounded Black.

HEADHUNNAGANGX4
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 785
Joined: November 5th, 2015, 9:53 pm
Country: Afghanistan
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by HEADHUNNAGANGX4 » June 27th, 2019, 9:47 am

Most common thing I've seen is chi town Latin Kings in la areas , Dena & El Monte , the Dena one was a black Latin King , and lived with a bulldog Fresno X4 member in Long Beach for a minute who said he had a son from longos , this was the first time I heard they weren't Norte this was like 2009

BPG187
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Adelanto

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by BPG187 » June 27th, 2019, 6:26 pm

TheAngels wrote:That makes me wonder... have any Nortenos ever try to start a hood or a clique in Southern Cali?

What's the most southern Norteno barrio? Are there any around Bakersfield?

I've known Nortenos who lived in LA but they usually keep a low profile. But I remember in high school this dude used to tag "Fresno 14" around the school and would wear red. I thought dude was crazy for doing that.

I'm not that familiar with Nortenos, but isn't there a stereotype that Norteno Mexicans act Black? Having cornrows, talking Black, dressing Black, etc...? That dude in my high school from Fresno 14 would get braids, talked Black, and also dated only Black females. And I knew another Norteno from the Bay who sounded Black.
Shit what high school did you go to lmfao that’s crazy , and to be honest I’ve always wondered this question 2, if any Nortenos have ever tried making a clique up here. I’ve heard rumors about San Bernardino and honestly if you look at the way some of those younger vatos dress you would think they are Nortenos. Another user here also said that , that one hood Villa Boys Pasa was allied with the NF but idk

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by AmericanZombie » June 27th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Similar situation I saw happen when I was in high school in 2004.

This was at a continuation high school in Fontana where a kid showed up claiming to be a Norteno.

It took a few weeks to figure it out because he stayed to himself and didn’t talk to people, but eventually he left a folder in the class where he wrote Norte 14 all over. Other students found it and crossed it out which happened to be on a day he wasn’t there so when he returned to see his folder with 14 slashed out he interrupted the class and got in front of the teacher and was like Who The Fuck crossed Me out!!! Eventually a fight started and he got kicked out.

After this the word spread about a norteno attending the school so every gang member in the area started to pull up to the school hoping to find him. But it was too late, he had already been expelled.

It was almost like an excitement factor. The look on their eyes was like they were about to discover Bigfoot and bring his head home as a trophy. I know they were talking about trying to figure out where he lived but I don’t know what happened after that. I never heard about him again. But it was something I saw first hand. But as far as starting a clique, nah that never came close to happening.

Thelilguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: New Jersey
What city do you live in now?: Newark

Re: Surrenos in San Fran

Unread post by Thelilguy » September 18th, 2019, 5:53 am

Any updates on the Surenos case in San Fran?

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”