video games

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

video games

Unread post by looney » December 15th, 2003, 11:27 pm

which video game system do you own and which is the best game money can buy

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: video games

Unread post by mickgreen58 » December 16th, 2003, 7:45 am

System: Playstation 2
Game: Madden 2004, best game out.

- Mike G.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » December 16th, 2003, 8:10 am

game cube
true crime streets of LA

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » December 16th, 2003, 12:33 pm

I play on a PC....

Call of Duty
Ghost Recon
Max Payne 2
Americas Army

I mostly play mutliplayer on the internet

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » December 16th, 2003, 2:27 pm

Dis has nuthing to do with gangs....

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 16th, 2003, 4:18 pm

i'm the best in madden does anybody uses thier ps2 to play online if so when i get my out i'll be glad to beat ya and play for money

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mickgreen58 » December 16th, 2003, 5:03 pm

Looney, I play all the time bro. Check this site out when you get some time.

http://www.maddenonline.us

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » December 16th, 2003, 11:42 pm

x box - madden 04

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 17th, 2003, 4:32 pm

Has anyone here played The Sims Online? I heard recently there was a scandal in that game for prostitution.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6085767.html
Ludlow had discovered an underage Sims Online player heading a group of players who were exchanging in-game "sex" and "pleasures" for simoleans, the game's currency.
I also heard you can join the mafia or street gangs.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 17th, 2003, 7:30 pm

Here's the games I play:

1. Real life.
2. Starting a small businesses when I can find the time.
2. Working at a career not just a j-o-b.
3. Education never ends.
4. Volunteering at worthy efforts including Streetgangs.com.
5. Hitting the Streets and doing some good.

I don't play arcade games anymore although I saw the new Lord of the Rings games and that crazy insane Grand Theft Auto on PlayStation II a friend's younger brother was playing.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » December 17th, 2003, 8:30 pm

lol at wcrockets , you're playin some high difficulty level games man :)

1st of all thats the wrong section for that question but still:

i only play pc games and i only do it like once a week maybe when i dont have anything else to do...

right now im playin nba live 2004, its real good...im playin need for speed underground - that game is crazy, check it out
last night i played this game called "Chrome", not bad at all...
also check out warcraft 3 and rise of nations...

i also play some older games like starcraft and heroes of might & magic 3 but most of yall probably wouldn't like them too much...peace

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 17th, 2003, 9:24 pm

gamecube-super mario sunshine and the legend of zelda collectors series..it's a classic..

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 18th, 2003, 1:48 am

A Y.G. LOONEY ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY MADDEN THEN BECAUSE DOG I FEEL LIKE IM THE BEST SO ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY.

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 18th, 2003, 4:45 am

y.g. sup dog do you have a ps2 i'm getting mie soon i had out when it first came out but i sold it for some money. what really makes me mad is i have a gamecube and i cant even go online to play sports games urrrghh but its all good my favorite teams in madden are the packers and the tennessee titians i can beat my competition either way so if you have a ps2 i'll be getting one soon i can can go online and play is nba 2004 really now i rent games before i buy them i use to buy games beat them in 2 or 3 daysand take them back to the store peace

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 18th, 2003, 5:27 pm

Oh my. Looks like Grand Theft Auto makers may be facing charges as of today. Check this article out:

'Grand Theft Auto' Maker May Face Charges
Thu Dec 18,12:56 PM ET Add Business - AP to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK - The maker of the controversial but best-selling "Grand Theft Auto" video games said Securities and Exchange Commission (news - web sites) staff plan to recommend civil action (news - web sites) against the company for alleged accounting violations.

Quote Data provided by Reuters

Missed Tech Tuesday?
Get great gifts under $100 for your gadget lover, plus high-dollar tech toys and the best computer games.

New York-based Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. said Thursday its chairman, Ryan A. Brant, an unnamed employee and two former officers also received notices from SEC staff. Brant founded the company in 1993.

The company said the allegations stemmed from a previously announced SEC investigation. The SEC ordered an inquiry into Take-Two in 2002 after the company restated its results for 2000 and most of 2001.

In the restatement, Take-Two cut its sales figures by $15.4 million in 2000 and $6.7 million in the first nine months of 2001.

At the time of the restatement, Take-Two's chief financial officer, James David, was replaced. His successor, Albert Pastino, was replaced two months later. The company then named former United Auto Group CFO Karl Winters as its finance chief, and he has been in that position since.

In January of this year, Take-Two replaced it chief executive officer, Kelly Sumner, though Sumner remained with the company. Her replacement as CEO was Jeffrey C. Lapin, the former chief operating officer of rival video game company THQ, Inc.

In the meantime, the company has been the target of protesters and politicians angered over the "Grand Theft Auto" games, where the gamer takes the role of a murdering, stealing criminal.

The latest installment in the series, "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City," has been targeted in particular because of dialogue that encourages players to "kill all Haitians" and "kill the Cubans." Last week, after a series of protests, Take-Two said it would remove the offensive dialogue from the game.

The game has already sold some 11 million copies.

Separately Thursday, the company reported strong results for its fourth quarter, which ended Oct. 31.

In the quarter, Take-Two earned $26.6 million, or 59 cents a share, up 19 percent from $22.3 million, or 54 cents a share, last year. The latest results matched analyst expectations as polled by Thomson First Call.

Sales jumped 28 percent to $278.5 million from $218.4 million a year earlier.

For fiscal 2003, Take-Two said earnings surged 40 percent to $100 million, or $2.31 a share, compared with $71.6 million, or $1.81 a share, last year.

Revenue increased 30 percent to $1.04 billion from $795 million a year earlier.

Take-Two also cut its first-quarter earnings forecast to $1.10 a share from $1.21 a share, but reiterated its sales outlook of $412 million.

The company said the downward revision was due to a shift to its lower-margin distribution business.

Take-Two also said it expects sales of $218 million and earnings of 41 cents a share for the second quarter.

Shares of Take-Two traded Thursday morning at $28.94, down $1.45, or 4.8 percent, on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 18th, 2003, 9:38 pm

I just bought myself a PS2, been playing Midnight Racing 2 for a while; but next week I'm getting my load of copied games (10) so I'll be seeing what I'll be playing on next. By the way, y.g. looney why dont you get your ps2 chipped up so you can buy your games for like only 10$ each?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 19th, 2003, 2:04 am

THATS RIGHT Y.G. LOONEY, BUT MY TEAMS ARE THE 49ERS AND THE DOLPHINS EITHER WAY I GOING TO BLOW YOU OUT WITH STYLE.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » December 19th, 2003, 4:21 am

Y.G. wrote:A Y.G. LOONEY ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY MADDEN THEN BECAUSE DOG I FEEL LIKE IM THE BEST SO ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY.
homie, someone lied to you cuz as soon as I get them Raiders on yo ass its over with!!!!

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » December 19th, 2003, 4:51 am

ya'll aint fuckin with the eagles in madden 04, they defense is off the heeeeezy

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 22nd, 2003, 1:38 pm

madden 04 i can use the titans to blow out my rival teams or i use the packers for an all out game either way i ant lose with either teams i lead in rushing with eddie george and mcnair well my records speak for them self

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mickgreen58 » December 22nd, 2003, 1:53 pm

Anybody that wants to TANGLE with them Dallas Cowboys let me know.

My online profile is IrvngTX.

- Mike G.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 22nd, 2003, 9:45 pm

Any of yall played Manhunt for ps2? It is produced by the same people who maid GTA3.
You are being put to death since you have been on death row for a while. You wake up and there is a man who is talking to you (The Director) saying he has given you another chance at life and you are now going to be his instrument of violence. Your the new star Of Valiant Video ( which is a fetish snuff film company) So now you are listening to a man in an earpiece who gives you direction on how to get past the levels and how to pass them in the most pleasing way to him. The most pleasing way to him is obviously to execute the most gangsters in the most gruesome way possible. The longer you wait and sneak up on someone before killing them the more gruesome the murder will look.
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/manhu ... 3_med3.jpg[/img]

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » December 23rd, 2003, 1:38 pm

I just finished the "Divided They Fall" level in Manhunt. This game rocks! I am also playing Tiger Woods 2004.

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 24th, 2003, 11:07 pm

i have a question to everybody on here did you guys remember this date 10/26/00 that was the day that the ps2 came out so if you have a story on how you got yours please post it cause i got some crazy stories abou that day as well

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » December 25th, 2003, 2:20 am

I WILL CRUSH ALL AT MADDEN 04 FOR PS2. U CANT TOUCH ME with THE FALCONS.

ps my teams the raiders

tt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tt » February 20th, 2004, 4:17 pm

Has anyone played this one?? http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/tramde ... squad.html
I havn't seen it yet but it is sure the first game I've ever heard of to include a real street gang (Crenshaw Mafia)... Don't think the CMG's made any profit of it though, or maybe I'm wrong.. :)

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » February 28th, 2004, 10:20 pm

First off all yall using the wrong teams beside Y.G. it is know that everybody uses the dolphins and just give the ball to ricky willams. They made him too good on the game he he easy can run 20 to 30 yards.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » February 28th, 2004, 10:31 pm

tt wrote:Has anyone played this one?? http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/tramde ... squad.html
I havn't seen it yet but it is sure the first game I've ever heard of to include a real street gang (Crenshaw Mafia)... Don't think the CMG's made any profit of it though, or maybe I'm wrong.. :)
coo, i'ma try to find this one, it says its something like Kingpin , then it must be good, Kingpin was the sh|t , i loved that game

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 28th, 2004, 10:38 pm

i saw this on the 'net about three years ago I think.I think it is Kingpin, but "modded" though.

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 4th, 2004, 3:17 pm

[quote="Invincible"]Any of yall played Manhunt for ps2? It is produced by the same people who maid GTA3.

i jus finished that game ... the ending was way too easy

blah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blah » March 12th, 2004, 10:37 pm

i play lot of games whether it be pc, ganecube, or ps2. was a ragnarok junkie for awhile. used to play d2:lod a lot. played need for speed:u for awile, they need more cars though..an sti wouldve been nice or a 300zx and other cars i cant think of. right now im playing that new bond game..its pretty dope and metal gear snakes:twin snakes.

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”