Baldwin Hills is a new show on BET

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Baldwin Hills is a new show on BET

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 27th, 2007, 10:50 pm

aye that really was in the right section
:shock:
I just saw a quick commercial, wow

Anyways to answer your question Baldwin Village is really the Jungles, above it Baldwin Hills has nice parts
Baldwin Hills: About the Show

BALDWIN HILLS premieres Tuesday, July 10 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT).

This reality docudrama explores African-American teenage life from the point of view of 11 upper-middle-class teens.

Baldwin Hills, also known as the Black Beverly Hills, is an upscale Black neighborhood in Los Angeles, where pro athletes, TV and movie stars, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers and engineers live. This reality show will focus on kids who split their time between school, the beach, pool parties, high-end shopping, and driving their daddy’s luxury cars. Some of them are smart and hard-working, while some of them are spoiled and overly entitled.

The series will follow these 11 kids as they navigate the mudslides that are their social lives and handle typical teenage issues with their parents, siblings and classmates. Events, such as prom night, spring break, parental conflicts and college visits, serve as signposts for the real-life drama. Many of these kids attend private high schools where they are but of a small handful of Black faces on the campus. They seemingly steer this terrain with ease but, ultimately, know that they are outsiders … not only in their schools, but among their “own” in the hood. “Baldwin Hills” will be sexy, cool and unlike any other show about Black kids ever seen on television.

"Baldwin Hills" premieres Tuesday, July 10 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) with two back-to-back episodes.

Some of that stuff is true some of the richer kids go to private schools I know some girls there go to St. Mary's Academy

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » June 28th, 2007, 7:59 pm

im lookin forward to date from hell.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » June 28th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Theres a TV show called Lincoln Heights on the Fox Family channel. Its about blacks in the ghetto but Lincoln Heights is a mexican hood lol so it's kinda weird. What channel is Baldwin Hills gonna be on?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 28th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Isnt that the neighborhood from Training Day?

I thought that was a dangerous area?

Pool parties? Doctors? Lawyers? Shopping?

WTF!?

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 28th, 2007, 8:11 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Theres a TV show called Lincoln Heights on the Fox Family channel. Its about blacks in the ghetto but Lincoln Heights is a mexican hood lol so it's kinda weird. What channel is Baldwin Hills gonna be on?
Coming on BET

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 28th, 2007, 9:01 pm

A Ghost wrote:Isnt that the neighborhood from Training Day?

WTF!?
It's "above" jungles. Jungles = Baldwin Village, not Baldwin Hills. They do have some nicer areas and more upper-middle class ("""sadditty""" lol) kids there.
It's kind of weird there. Some kids go to private schools and commute so they don't have as much negative influence but at the same time they're not completely isolated from gangs simply because they're not isolated from the people in areas around them, mostly BPS. A lot of them do have that suburban upper-middle class mentality though.

Let me put it this way, they're the black kids at school that have to "act black."

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 28th, 2007, 9:03 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:

WTF!?
It's "above" jungles. Jungles = Baldwin Village, not Baldwin Hills. They do have some nicer areas and more upper-middle class ("""sadditty""" lol) kids there.
LOL
MiChuhSuh wrote:

WTF!?
Some kids go to private schools and commute so they don't have as much negative influence but at the same time they're not completely isolated from gangs simply because they're not isolated from the people in areas around them, mostly BPS. A lot of them do have that suburban upper-middle class mentality though.

Let me put it this way, they're the black kids at school that have to "act black."
oh ok

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 28th, 2007, 9:07 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Theres a TV show called Lincoln Heights on the Fox Family channel. Its about blacks in the ghetto but Lincoln Heights is a mexican hood lol so it's kinda weird. What channel is Baldwin Hills gonna be on?
As of the 2005 census Lincoln Heights had an estimated population of 80,000, one of the largest of any Los Angeles neighboorhood. The racial makeup of the neighboorhood is 80.1% Latino, 17.3% Asian, 3.6% were Non-Hispanic White. Lincoln Heights is known for its Hispanic population as well as its growing Asian population, but still up to this day, many Italians still reside in the area. Demographics shows the 3% of Italians live in the hills and in the close Montecito Heights.
lol they don't even mention black population

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » June 29th, 2007, 9:08 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:Let me put it this way, they're the black kids at school that have to "act black."
Thats a comment I would expect from an ignorant @ss Korean.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 29th, 2007, 3:33 pm

I got what you meant about traveling and living a decent amount of blocks away from the crime but could you further explain the other stuff?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 9:46 am

WIP wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:Let me put it this way, they're the black kids at school that have to "act black."
And that's a comment I would expect from someone who know no one there.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 9:50 am

They act dumb over there. Especially the females there. It's worse than talking to stuck up white valley girls. This one girl was wearing NY and throwing up random signs and laughing and stuff so I'm like you claiming something? and she says
well like my ex-boyfriend was R90 and then like um totally like he let me say I was from there but then like we broke up so I'm don't know if I'm technically still R90. Do you know?
WHAAAATTT THHAAAA FFF*******CCCCCCKKKKKK???

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 9:54 am

A Ghost wrote:I got what you meant about traveling and living a decent amount of blocks away from the crime but could you further explain the other stuff?
Dorsey High gets a mix of kids there. Technically it's a BPS school but there are a bunch of gangs from the area there. Also a bunch of NHB20 there even a couple FTB. A few random NHC dudes are there.

Then again the other half of the school is:

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » June 30th, 2007, 10:09 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
WIP wrote:
And that's a comment I would expect from someone who know no one there.
You dumb b*tch. My grandmother was one of the first blacks there. Her house was near Ray Charles crib at one time. My aunt still lives there and my cousins go to Dorsey not some private school. In your dumb@ss opinion blacks from there HAVE to act black. B*tch they are black! I dont give a d@mn who you know from there. A comment like that coming from a Korean has no freakin weight. Now its time for you to act "Korean". Hold your tiny d*ck, eat some of that funky @ss kimchi and sell some fake Louis and Coach bags Bootlegger.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 10:57 am

WIP wrote:In your dumb@ss opinion blacks from there HAVE to act black. B*tch they are black! I dont give a d@mn who you know from there.
That's not what I meant. But whatever.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 30th, 2007, 10:57 am

WIP wrote:Now its time for you to act "Korean". Hold your tiny d*ck, eat some of that funky @ss kimchi and sell some fake Louis and Coach bags Bootlegger.
Ya and that's not ignorant at all

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 30th, 2007, 11:15 am

my cousin is from ladera hieghts, she went to beverly hills high school, and shes a stuck up bitch

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 1st, 2007, 12:11 pm

I thought "The Jungles" was really just one street, the rest of the area was a little bit better, and the Baldwin hills, the actual hills, is mostly an exclusive area.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » July 1st, 2007, 6:22 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:They act dumb over there. Especially the females there. It's worse than talking to stuck up white valley girls. This one girl was wearing NY and throwing up random signs and laughing and stuff so I'm like you claiming something? and she says
well like my ex-boyfriend was R90 and then like um totally like he let me say I was from there but then like we broke up so I'm don't know if I'm technically still R90. Do you know?
WHAAAATTT THHAAAA FFF*******CCCCCCKKKKKK???
The New York is a gang thing out there right?

LOL @ "like, like, like" airhead.. :lol: :roll:

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » July 1st, 2007, 9:30 pm

baldwin village is more than one street lol baldwin village is all poor and gang infested but nearby baldwin hills is a different story

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 2nd, 2007, 12:35 am

lexmark6364 wrote:baldwin village is more than one street lol baldwin village is all poor and gang infested but nearby baldwin hills is a different story
But isn't there one long cul de sac where most of the Jungles kick it? I always thought that was the only real gang infested part. I'm just asking, here. I don't know the area.

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » July 2nd, 2007, 12:08 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
lexmark6364 wrote:baldwin village is more than one street lol baldwin village is all poor and gang infested but nearby baldwin hills is a different story
But isn't there one long cul de sac where most of the Jungles kick it? I always thought that was the only real gang infested part. I'm just asking, here. I don't know the area.
na thats palmwood drive where part of training day was filmed but the rest of baldwin village is the same thing its just that palmwood drive is a dead end street so it probably added to the intensity of the movie

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » July 2nd, 2007, 3:57 pm

and how would you know this "Mr.Beantown"??? lol

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » July 2nd, 2007, 3:58 pm

lexmark6364 wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
na thats palmwood drive where part of training day was filmed but the rest of baldwin village is the same thing its just that palmwood drive is a dead end street so it probably added to the intensity of the movie

LOL

pysCh0
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pysCh0 » July 2nd, 2007, 9:46 pm

That shit is gonna be comedy!

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » July 2nd, 2007, 9:55 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:
and how would you know this "Mr.Beantown"??? lol
cuz everybody knows it

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » July 2nd, 2007, 10:25 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone from Boston knows that :shock:

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » July 3rd, 2007, 3:52 pm

ive been in cali for a while. everybody else goes around sayin the same shit on this site about stuff that they dont live near. half the people on this site say their from south central or grape street when u know that there really from some rich ass white suburb. this whole forum is twisted so it really doesnt matter who says what some kind of area is like what when they are just goin frm what they heard frm someone else. just like u most likely do half the time too

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » July 3rd, 2007, 4:23 pm

lexmark6364 wrote:ive been in cali for a while. everybody else goes around sayin the same shit on this site about stuff that they dont live near. half the people on this site say their from south central or grape street when u know that there really from some rich ass white suburb. this whole forum is twisted so it really doesnt matter who says what some kind of area is like what when they are just goin frm what they heard frm someone else. just like u most likely do half the time too

LOL You gettin it twisted "Mr.Beantown". I havn't been in Cali "for a while"...... I'm born and raised here homie Southern Cali bred. Been all over stayed in different places and up North too. I got room to speak I aint no transplant. I don't go by hearsay, I go/been to the places you obsessed with and dream about.

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » July 4th, 2007, 12:25 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:
lexmark6364 wrote:ive been in cali for a while. everybody else goes around sayin the same shit on this site about stuff that they dont live near. half the people on this site say their from south central or grape street when u know that there really from some rich ass white suburb. this whole forum is twisted so it really doesnt matter who says what some kind of area is like what when they are just goin frm what they heard frm someone else. just like u most likely do half the time too

LOL You gettin it twisted "Mr.Beantown". I havn't been in Cali "for a while"...... I'm born and raised here homie Southern Cali bred. Been all over stayed in different places and up North too. I got room to speak I aint no transplant. I don't go by hearsay, I go/been to the places you obsessed with and dream about.
what the hell is that about whatever. i never said u aint been in southern cal for a while either

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 10th, 2007, 11:01 pm

I just saw an episode... weird ass muthaf*ckas on the show.

and obviously scripted

pysCh0
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pysCh0 » July 10th, 2007, 11:28 pm

yea that show is hella scripted but i guess it was cool i peeped it

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”