Latin Kings

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Latin Kings

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 1st, 2004, 5:40 pm

im not sayin the place is like disney land im just saying the murders
aint been that high but they still up ther and im goin to pacoima
on spring break ok no disrespect

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » July 7th, 2004, 7:56 pm

ghost wrote:What you mean are they still big? Yeah there probably the second biggest behind gd's in the chi.
Lol,GD's aint that big homie,the Stones are still more bigger than those pussys.And if all the Lord factions alligned themselves they'd beet about any gang.
The Kings are a large group,located mostly in every State in the Us.,well except Cali.
The Kings are said to be started in the 1950's by King Papa,most of the members back them were Puerto Rican.
But now are expanded to balcks,arabs,and whites.

Midwest Honey

Unread post by Midwest Honey » July 7th, 2004, 8:37 pm

They rollin' deep up in Northen Illinois...E.I. Chicago....

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » July 7th, 2004, 8:42 pm

Hell yeah they deep in N Illinois

Midwest Honey

Unread post by Midwest Honey » July 7th, 2004, 9:38 pm

No doubt...

Folk be holdin' it down bigg also....anyways back to the subject lol

SanFernando88
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SanFernando88 » July 7th, 2004, 9:47 pm

Chi town is way worse than LA especially the south side less gangs their but a lot more gang members any city with a lot blks is going to bad.

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » July 18th, 2004, 9:59 am

stateraised2000 wrote:
ghost wrote:What you mean are they still big? Man there's about 18,000 lk's in the chi alone both on the streets and in jail.

18,000 ha ha, aint that kinda stretching it? i'm not from chicago and i CANT say for sure but i kinda feel thats a lil blown up. you realize how many 18,000 is? and in chicago alone? ha ha. okkkkkkkkkkkk...
Sorry Stateraised

There are around 18,000 members in prison and in the streets and thousands more in other states
Kings are bigger than 18th
Thats my opinion

phoenix
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by phoenix » July 18th, 2004, 8:16 pm

alks are in the movie "king of the jungle"

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 30th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Dont LK hate on Mexicans? or am i way off on this one?

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » August 2nd, 2004, 11:24 am

Way off homie
Most members are Mexican and Puerto Rican
And other ethnicitiys
And no
The ViceLords are still Cool with the kings and so are the Stones
Gd's aint that big
Kings been feuding with the Counts and Maniacs
I was in Chicago
this weekend theres been alot of fools claiming
Satan Gangster Disciples
They getting bigger
South Chi is Crazy ass hell
So is Cicero
The Jungle
Pilsen
The Back Yards
Crown Town
KTown
Murda Town

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 2nd, 2004, 11:28 am

Yo i saw that documentary on them a few months ago or somethin n it looked like half the damn room was full or whites. That or they were some really light skinned vatos.

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » August 2nd, 2004, 11:33 am

Yeah they got some white boys they got there own faction the Assyrian Kings mostly white and Arabian
Some blacks also
NY Kings are different than Illinois Kings
NY Kings are known to be snitches and traitors
to Chino and Baby King

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 18th, 2004, 9:22 pm

i can only speak on the kings from illinois..yeah, they pretty big.....on the streets and in prison..they got a lot of hoods on lock.....one of the biggest set of kings in chicago is at humboldt park on beach and spaulding....then u got the uptown kings, kings on peterson, kings on the southside..and so on...i dont know if they the biggest gang in chicago..but they're one of the bigget gangs though

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » August 20th, 2004, 6:32 am

A faction thats really known of the Kings are the Insane Unknown Kings
Theyre mostly In Rockford Illinois
I heard theres no more in KTown or BuckTown
What do you think DopeKid?

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 20th, 2004, 5:14 pm

frealz? no more? i thought kings were strong in bucktown? oh wells, learn something new everyday

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 20th, 2004, 6:51 pm

didnt even knoe there was a lot of kings in rockford...i ran into a lot of folks over there..diffrent neighborhoods i guess

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » August 20th, 2004, 8:35 pm

dopekid127 wrote:didnt even knoe there was a lot of kings in rockford...i ran into a lot of folks over there..diffrent neighborhoods i guess
Yeah Rockford's full of Kings,Counts,some Surenos,only like 10 deep Maniacs,and alot of wannabes like ViceLords and Stones

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 15th, 2004, 4:54 pm

*deepsky*
Location: compton. kellypark. C.A (currently in miami for the time being)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:17 pm Post subject: latin disciple

folk nation gang from chicago

Casper
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:51 am Post subject: Re: latin disciple

You must be talkin about the Maniac Latin Disciples

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 15th, 2004, 4:56 pm

ghost
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:37 am Post subject: 26ers vs. Latin king

Looking out at dozens of young men wearing the black and gold colors of the Latin Kings, Rev. Matthew Foley said a funeral mass for Luis Magana, 17, who was gunned down in Little Village by a rival gang.

Four hours before mourners gathered on May 22, another 17-year-old died in a barrage of gunfire on the doorstep of his mother's red-brick home. Latin Kings had apparently mistaken him for a member of the rival Two Sixers.

Two hours after the service began, a 26-year-old Latin King double-parked his truck along a street of two-flats and was asking a friend for tips on fixing up the home he'd just bought. A maroon sedan thought to be carrying Two Sixers quietly rolled up, killed the man in a crackle of gunfire, then disappeared into the neighborhood streets.

In 12 days, the three deaths and four additional shootings erased any optimism that a stretch of calm months in the tough swath of Chicago's Southwest Side might continue. It was clear the 30-year-old feud between Latin Kings and the Two Sixers was as fierce as ever.

"We haven't had murders like this for a while," said Foley, a streetwise priest who buried all three of the slain men. "It's tense."

Although homicides in Chicago through May are down 30 percent from last year, the Little Village murders show that the streets and sidewalks of gang-infested neighborhoods remain volatile. Even when the murder rate is down, clashes between rival gangs can trigger a burst of retaliatory killings.

Callused by years of shootings, many in Little Village have given up hope.

"I've been here for 32 years in this neighborhood and it's gotten bad, the worst I've seen," said Rosa Ramirez, 47. "Laying in bed at night you can hear them, they are killing each other. And for what? For something they don't own, their turf."

Fights for territory

The Marquette Police District, which includes Little Village, is carved up by 11 gangs. Just east of the abutting Two Sixer and Latin King territories, stretching into Pilsen, are several smaller gang turfs: Those of the Bishops, Ambrose, La Raza, and Latin Counts.

"There are so many different gangs in such a small area," said Charise Kazaglis, deputy supervisor of the gang prosecutions unit at the Cook County state's attorney's office. "Counts are shooting Bishops because Bishops shot Counts. The La Razas battle the Ambrose, the Kings fight the Two Sixers. They're so close that shooting becomes the only way you can mark your territory."

Police attribute much of this year's reduction in slayings to improved gang intelligence, which helps officers attack hot spots before violence erupts. But the unpredictable catalysts that set off gang wars make it all but impossible to head off every conflict.

Joe Sparks, a retired Chicago police gang crimes officer who served for 30 years on the force, said senseless violence has always plagued Latin King and Two Sixer territory.

"If they see each other, they are obligated to kill each other," he said. "They hate each other. It's gone on since I can remember. Each shooting, it's payback, with a payback, with a payback."

The city's black street gangs tend to fight primarily over drug turf--using violence to protect business enterprises. Many of the wars among Hispanic gangs stem from machismo-fueled fights and the simple protection of turf.

"It's about territory," said an 18-year-old Latin King. "If you go over there, they are going to mess with you."

Another Latin King--a lanky, soft-spoken 17-year-old--said the streets in Little Village are deadly right now.

"They won't hesitate," he said of both gangs. "As easy as you walking down the street, they could get you. It's easy being shot. It's going to escalate even more."

Lost in the blur of violence is the reason why the two gangs lashed out at each other.

"Nobody has any idea," said Foley. "They're all Mexican, they're all Catholic, and they're all killing each other."

While investigators would like to know what caused the skirmishes, Marquette District Police Cmdr. Dennis Prieto said the focus now is on bringing them to a halt.

He gave this account of what police think has happened so far:

On May 18, a 21-year-old Two Sixer was at Kedvale Avenue and 31st Street with a friend, just across the street from a grocery spray-painted with "2" and "6."

As a car pulled up, the man raised two fingers to exchange the Two Sixers gang sign. Men thought to be Latin Kings then opened fire and hit him in the right thigh, leaving him slumped at the base of a graffiti-marked fence.

The next day, the Two Sixers retaliated. Luis Magana, who police say was an up-and-coming member of the Latin Kings, was walking near his old elementary school when a tan Chevy mini-van pulled up. A passenger shot Magana four times and the van tore away, racing down 24th Street with its passengers flashing gang signs out the windows.

Magana died in Two Sixer territory.

"He would be brazen to go over to the Two Six territory," Prieto said. "From what I understand, he just thought he was invincible."

Late in the evening on May 21, Latin Kings shot two Two Sixers within minutes of each other. A 20-year-old was shot next door to his home, falling to the sidewalk beside a chain-link fence covered in roses. A 24-year-old was shot in an alley where Two Sixers had painted the ultimate sign of disrespect against the Latin Kings--an image of the gang's crown turned upside down.

Both men survived.

An innocent victim

The Latin Kings struck back with deadly force the next day on the southern edge of Two Sixer territory.

It was 4 a.m. when Carmen Hernandez heard the gunshots outside her home. She rushed to the front door and pulled it open. Her 17-year-old son's bullet-riddled body fell into the living room, his house key still in the door lock.

Ricardo "Ricky" Hernandez was not involved with any gang, but police and Hernandez's family say his sister used to hang with the Two Sixers, possibly making Hernandez a target.

That morning, on a street where youngsters bicycle up and down the block, the Two Sixers exacted revenge by killing Hector Cruz, 26, as he sat in a parked truck.

The battle was quiet for several days, then flared up again on May 29, when the Latin Kings shot an 18-year-old Two Sixer outside a single-family home on South Tripp Avenue.

Gang members said the back-and-forth shootings are simply the way things work on the streets of the largely Hispanic pocket of Chicago.

"It's retaliation, that side and that gang to this side and this gang," said a burly 18-year-old Latin King, who would not give his name. "After somebody is shot, their friends go crazy."

The investigation has been frustrated by Latin Kings and Two Sixers who are bound by gang law to keep quiet about crimes.

No arrests have been made in any of the seven shootings, and Prieto said police are trying to wrestle back control of the area by saturating Little Village with gang tactical units.

More than 50 officers flooded the area this week, and there will be at least 100 patrolling Saturday and Sunday.

Police also are concerned because Friday was the one-year anniversary of the slaying of a high-ranking Latin King member, though the Two Sixers were not responsible for the hit.

"There's a definite need to inundate the district, specifically the Little Village area with a police presence," Prieto said, noting that he has also contacted local clergy and community leaders.

Gang ties denied

Although the community's outrage and the police investigations are aimed at the Latin Kings and the Two Sixers, families of the victims say their loved ones either were not involved in gangs or had moved on from that lifestyle.

Magana's uncle, Emilio Pantoja, said his nephew had dropped out of school after the 8th grade, but worked temporary jobs and stayed out of trouble.

"He was a good kid," Pantoja said. "He wasn't in any gang. He loved his family. It's just a tragedy."

The family of Hector Cruz and members of the Latin Kings said Cruz had been involved in gang culture but had put that behind him.

Cruz's sister, Daisy Franco, said her brother had promised himself several years ago he would finally marry his longtime sweetheart, buy a home and start a family.

"He said, `In two years I'm buying my own house,'" Franco said. "He had his priorities in order. He triumphed in everything he did, in everything he wanted."

When a brick house across from his family's home came on the market this year, he bought it and started fixing it up.

He was shot as he and his fiance were on their way to Home Depot.

Police say Ricky Hernandez definitely was not involved with a gang. His death appears to have been either a case of mistaken identity or guilt by association.

His mother said her son's 19-year-old sister used to hang around with local gang members and now is in jail serving time for a home invasion. Prieto said it's possible Hernandez was hit by Latin Kings because of his sister's affiliation with the Two Sixers.

Friends and family members have flooded the Hernandezes' modest home each night since the shooting to pray the rosary or listen to the grieving mother recall the boy she called "precious," "pumpkin" and "love."

"My son was my world," Hernandez said. "He was my everything."

Though she'll never understand the reckless mentality of the gangs that plague the neighborhood she's lived in for 22 years, Hernandez wishes those responsible could speak to her and get a sense of the damage they've done.

"I have to live with this for the rest of my life," she said, her body trembling. "And I don't know how I'm going to do it."

Casper
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:53 am Post subject: Re: 26ers vs. Latin king

The Kings been at it with the G26 a long time
Ghost where you from?

dopekid127
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: 26ers vs. Latin king

yup yup....especially around that area they go at it crazzzzzzzzzzzy...actuaully, theirs a lof of gang incidents in that area..not just between 26 and the kings...

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » September 15th, 2004, 7:32 pm

RIP King Shorty
He was only 17 homie
Sept 3
Fuck u Surenos and the westside latin counts
Rocktown

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by W/S » October 17th, 2004, 7:54 pm

how bout the pasadena latin kings
i met one of them pasa lion kings at central jh n he was a lil b

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » October 18th, 2004, 6:58 pm

They have nothing to do with the Chicago LK's. They are staight out of Los, SouthSiders. I think they also have a click in East Los.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » October 27th, 2004, 10:43 pm

yeah..i heard the latin kings are diffrent then the ones from chicago...hmm...in cali, would they be called latin kings 13?

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » October 29th, 2004, 6:50 pm

dopekid127 wrote:yeah..i heard the latin kings are diffrent then the ones from chicago...hmm...in cali, would they be called latin kings 13?

Ya they right Latin Kings 13(LK13 or LKG13 or V.LK13)(Their in East L.A). The ones in Pasadena write Pasa Latin Kings13(PLK13). I think their the same gang just two different clicks.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » October 30th, 2004, 4:32 pm

hey, listo the lk's frm e. los do they claim calle ocho?? or have a click from 8th st in east los? I was locked up w/ a dude from there but I wasn't sure if he was from a SUR hood in e. los called calle ocho and since he was on the run in chicago from ya parole and did he get turned out??

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » October 30th, 2004, 6:12 pm

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:hey, listo the lk's frm e. los do they claim calle ocho?? or have a click from 8th st in east los? I was locked up w/ a dude from there but I wasn't sure if he was from a SUR hood in e. los called calle ocho and since he was on the run in chicago from ya parole and did he get turned out??
You know what perro, I dont know to much about them just that they were in East Los. You should ask Gibby, Im sure he knows. Their is a varrio in East Los called Calle Ocho(ES.8th Street).

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » October 31st, 2004, 10:57 am

BIGG LISTO wrote:
dopekid127 wrote:yeah..i heard the latin kings are diffrent then the ones from chicago...hmm...in cali, would they be called latin kings 13?

Ya they right Latin Kings 13(LK13 or LKG13 or V.LK13)(Their in East L.A). The ones in Pasadena write Pasa Latin Kings13(PLK13). I think their the same gang just two different clicks.
r they the same lk frum chicago and just did wut the p stones did ?

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » November 1st, 2004, 10:28 pm

Q wrote:
BIGG LISTO wrote:

r they the same lk frum chicago and just did wut the p stones did ?
NO

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2005, 7:11 pm

Casper wrote:
ghost wrote:What you mean are they still big? Yeah there probably the second biggest behind gd's in the chi.
Lol,GD's aint that big homie,the Stones are still more bigger than those pussys.And if all the Lord factions alligned themselves they'd beet about any gang.
The Kings are a large group,located mostly in every State in the Us.,well except Cali.
The Kings are said to be started in the 1950's by King Papa,most of the members back them were Puerto Rican.
But now are expanded to balcks,arabs,and whites.

LOL Stones bigger than the GDs,what are you smoking?even a BPS will tell you they aint as deep as GDs.I cant imagine any gang being bigger then the GDs EVER,There has got to be 100,000 of them niggas.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Casper is nuts,anyone that would say the GDs aint deep cant possibly be from illinois,or either they must have stayed in thier house all thier life.There are 30,000 JUST in Chicago.LKs have 18,000 just in the chi,I have never been to california but I highly doubt any gang in LA is larger than the Kings and I know for a fact no gang anywhere in america is as deep as the GDs

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 25th, 2005, 9:03 pm

Serious. Welcome back blackmanofhonor. I apologize for cosigning too much early on but I'm a cosign you here because you are right.

With an estimated membership of 30,000 - operating in prison and on the streets - the Gangster Disciples are the largest and most organized street gang in Chicago; quite possibly America. Under the leadership of Larry Hoover, who has controlled the gang from prison since becoming incarcerated in the early 70s, the Gangster Disciple Nation has become Chicago's largest criminal organization. The prison system propelled the growth of the Gangster Disciple Nation (GDN) into the large, sophisticated powerhouse it is today, as the group was able to recruit incarcerated youth, who upon returning to the streets would then recruit more members from their respective neighborhoods. Hoover was a principle founder of the Folks Alliance, which was formed in 1978 within the correctional facilities. During the 80s and thereafter, the Black Gangster Disciples, now known as the Gangster Disciples, or GDN, grew at an unprecedented pace. This was in the wake of the destruction of the El Rukns street gang, which was targeted by the federal government in the mid-80s. Because of the void, the GDN would gain even further influence, becoming the largest organized street gang in America by the early 90s. Prior to and during this time, the organization was able to secure control of about 3/4 of the Englewood neighborhood, a control or presence in nearly every housing project, areas of control on the far north side, the far south side, the surrounding suburbs, and seemingly everywhere in between. Their principle income involves and selling of narcotics: primarily crack cocaine, marijuana, and heroin. The GDN are also known to "rent" out drug territory to independent dealers, and have a fierce reputation for engaging in assault and murder to protect their drug turf. In the early 90s, the gang attempted to re-invent it's image as a political organization by initiating 21st Century V.O.T.E. and encouraging it's members to get involved in local politics. Recently, Larry Hoover was convicted of an ongoing drug conspiracy stemming from "Operation Headache”; he was sentenced to time in federal prison, already adding to his 200-year term sentence for a murder he committed in 1972. After his conviction, along with other high ranking GDs, many of the gang's branches became disorganized and broke away into "renegade" factions, and in some cases civil war. Incidents of violence in Cabrini-Green, the Robert Taylor Homes, Englewood, Jeffery Manor, and other locales have occurred pitting GD factions against one another. In addition, many of the Gangster Disciple's drug territory concentrated within the city's public housing has been demolished or is in the process of being demolished: high rise buildings in the Robert Taylor Homes, Cabrini-Green, Stateway Gardens, Henry Horner Homes and Rockwell Gardens are all scheduled to be completely demolished by 2007. This will cut into the gang's drug profit significantly, as the GDN were estimated to bring in over $1 million per year from illegal drug sells in the Robert Taylor Homes alone. Nevertheless, the Gangster Disciples still operate on the streets, in the remaining housing projects, and in prisons with the ultimate goal of making profits from drug sells. Their main sphere of influence includes the neighborhoods of Englewood, Roseland, Morgan Park, Rogers Park, Uptown, Garfield Park, Lawndale, Near West, Bronzeville, Washington Park, Park Manor, Auburn-Gresham, Calumet Heights, Avalon Park, Jeffery Manor, South Chicago, Burnside, Chatham Avalon, and dozens of Chicago-land suburbs as well as satellite branches in over 30 states.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » January 25th, 2005, 9:41 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:Casper is nuts,anyone that would say the GDs aint deep cant possibly be from illinois,or either they must have stayed in thier house all thier life.There are 30,000 JUST in Chicago.LKs have 18,000 just in the chi,I have never been to california but I highly doubt any gang in LA is larger than the Kings and I know for a fact no gang anywhere in america is as deep as the GDs
Casper a P-lame. He ain't affiliated. He rep 3 different mobs plus he keep the "nigger" word in his mouth. He ain't posted on this site since I treated his chump ass.

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - Mid West - U.S.A.”