Where is 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and Acres Homes

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
socprof1

Where is 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and Acres Homes

Unread post by socprof1 » April 10th, 2005, 12:43 pm

I apologize if these answers are posted elsewhere.

When I was locked up, I ran into a lot of cats from Houston who said they were from 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and Acres Homes. Some others were hollerin A-leaf but I can't remember if that was from Houston or Dallas. A lot of others from Dallas would talk about Oak Cliff. Does anybody know if these places were down with specific nations or what they were about?

??Shady??
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Texas

Unread post by ??Shady?? » April 10th, 2005, 5:42 pm

socprof1 wrote:I apologize if these answers are posted elsewhere.

When I was locked up, I ran into a lot of cats from Houston who said they were from 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and Acres Homes. Some others were hollerin A-leaf but I can't remember if that was from Houston or Dallas. A lot of others from Dallas would talk about Oak Cliff. Does anybody know if these places were down with specific nations or what they were about?
Ey homie 3rd ward and 5th ward are neighborhoods in houston. I am not from houston but I live in H-Town now. Alief is a school district here also.

MIC SEAN

Unread post by MIC SEAN » September 23rd, 2007, 10:49 pm

My great grandparents live in Acres Homes. I have family in the 3rd and 5th Ward, SouthPark, Studywood(sp). Big Moe from the Screwed up click is from the 3rd ward. Scarface is from the 5th ward

JayYoung

Unread post by JayYoung » October 5th, 2007, 9:57 am

MIC SEAN wrote:My great grandparents live in Acres Homes. I have family in the 3rd and 5th Ward, SouthPark, Studywood(sp). Big Moe from the Screwed up click is from the 3rd ward. Scarface is from the 5th ward
no disrespect to ya bro but you're wrong on some of your points. Acres Homes is on the north side of houston northwest area off 45 Little York and that area. 5th ward also on the northside is probably the biggest neighborhood in the city you can hit the nickel from 10,45,59,610 (these are highways in Houston). 5th ward sits noth of downtown while 3rd ward which is southside sits just south of downtown (Scott street on back) TSU and U of H are in 3rd ward. Scarface is not from 5th ward he is from the southside from a neighborhood called South Acres in the South Park section of Houston. Alief the other neighborhood mentioned is where I live and it's in Houston Southwest side of the city.

JayYoung

Unread post by JayYoung » October 5th, 2007, 10:00 am

MIC SEAN wrote:My great grandparents live in Acres Homes. I have family in the 3rd and 5th Ward, SouthPark, Studywood(sp). Big Moe from the Screwed up click is from the 3rd ward. Scarface is from the 5th ward
no disrespect to ya bro but you're wrong on some of your points. Acres Homes is on the north side of houston northwest area off 45 Little York and that area. 5th ward also on the northside is probably the biggest neighborhood in the city you can hit the nickel from 10,45,59,610 (these are highways in Houston). 5th ward sits noth of downtown while 3rd ward which is southside sits just south of downtown (Scott street on back) TSU and U of H are in 3rd ward. Scarface is not from 5th ward he is from the southside from a neighborhood called South Acres in the South Park section of Houston. Really tho Scarface is from Mo City (which is my hood) Alief the other neighborhood mentioned is where I live and it's in Houston Southwest side of the city.

relo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by relo » October 6th, 2007, 1:13 am

ACRES HOME IS ON THE NORTHSIDE OF HOUSTON I KNOW THAT FO SURE MY BROTHER IN LAW GREW UP FROM THERE AND LIVE THERE

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 21st, 2007, 7:32 pm

yooo jay young u wrong.....scarface from sunnyside ,houston
getto boiz is from 5th ward tho
but ur rite 5th ward is north east
acres home is in the north west

ALIEF is in the SOUthWEST, i got to schoo there

Champ

Unread post by Champ » December 19th, 2007, 10:15 am

JayYoung wrote:
no disrespect to ya bro but you're wrong on some of your points. Acres Homes is on the north side of houston northwest area off 45 Little York and that area. 5th ward also on the northside is probably the biggest neighborhood in the city you can hit the nickel from 10,45,59,610 (these are highways in Houston). 5th ward sits noth of downtown while 3rd ward which is southside sits just south of downtown (Scott street on back) TSU and U of H are in 3rd ward. Scarface is not from 5th ward he is from the southside from a neighborhood called South Acres in the South Park section of Houston. Really tho Scarface is from Mo City (which is my hood) Alief the other neighborhood mentioned is where I live and it's in Houston Southwest side of the city.
Say Jay Young U right about the location but the biggest neighborhood is Acres Homes cause it run from like tidwell all the way to 249. Antione and Gulf Bank All the way through Lincoln City Park is Acres Homes. I grew up in and still live in Acres Homes

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » December 19th, 2007, 10:47 am

:cry: shit i left htown fo christmas with snow :cry:

59B.h.b.

Unread post by 59B.h.b. » January 6th, 2008, 1:30 pm

naw.. 5th and 3rd ward is the biggest hoods in the H.. probaly the worst...

59B.h.b.

Unread post by 59B.h.b. » January 6th, 2008, 1:31 pm

naw.. 5th and 3rd ward is the biggest hoods in the H.. probaly the worst...

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » January 7th, 2008, 5:14 am

I'm not sure about the 3rd and 5th wards being the worst. It seems like southwest Houston is the worst part of Houston.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 7th, 2008, 8:33 am

3rd ward isnt the worse

5th ward mitte be

some hood on bissonnet or fondren is the worse in houston,

3rd and 5th ward and acres homes are jst the really ghetto hoods as in they didnt c much gentrification yet(acres home ain that bad lookin tho)

Champ

Unread post by Champ » January 7th, 2008, 10:23 am

I'm talking about size of the neighborhood Acres Homes is the biggest as far as distance. Back in the late 80's to the mid 90's Acres Homes was one of the worst hoods in the H. now the southwest side is probably the worst area today. Like I said in my other post Acres Homes starts at 45 and little york and goes all the way back a little past antoine. and between tidwell and 249. I don't think the nickel or the trey is as big as acres homes. Acres homes is alot more spread out than 5th ward and 3rd ward.

Champ

Unread post by Champ » January 7th, 2008, 10:27 am

Really none of the hoods mentioned are as bad as they used to be. alot of people moved out and they just aint as violent as they used to be

MiseryCityTexas

Re: Where is 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and Acres Homes

Unread post by MiseryCityTexas » May 5th, 2008, 5:29 am

socprof1 wrote:I apologize if these answers are posted elsewhere.

alief is in southwest houston.

most of southwest houston is flamed up.

alot of cats on bissonet and braeswood are booty hunters.

MiseryCityTexas

Unread post by MiseryCityTexas » May 5th, 2008, 5:30 am

my bad i meant to stay that most niggas on bissonet and braeswood are bounty hunters.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 5th, 2008, 5:42 pm

i dig wat all yall sayin

but the thing bout houston its more of a bad comlex than a bad neighborhood especialy in the southwest.....bissonnet has some huge houses and then complex's that are violent n shit....same goes for braeswood,fondren,briar forest,chimney rock,dairy ashford....like its wierd, it depends on whch apt complex u at..coz all these area's have good sides...unlike 5th ward n 3rd ward (from what ive seen wen i go there)

the 3rd ward, 5th ward, sunny side, south park...are all houses owned and shit..it obviusly gon get ghetto coz mothafuckas don got maintainance men to come fix shit wen its broken they gota do it them selves..i see alot of houses there abandoned coz of a generation that cudnt afford to stay in the house or ran away from it and cudnt sell it coz of the area...but these area's are not as violent coz of a sense of community them houses have been owned by residents for like 50 to 60 years...after like WW2...peoples know eachothers grandma's and shit...there is alot of poverty and alot of crime still but u can get in a fight and live.....

as for the southwest which is obviusly the most violent part of huoston watch the news..
no one knows eachother well even wen htey do someone finna move out, its dense, alot of people and there is jst too much shit in the news that always has the southwest involved....the SWAT i heard got 280% higher murder rate than the nation has.
but the thing bout the southwest it don look that ghetto dats why everybody is hooked on the southeaast and Acres homes.

worse thing bout the southwest u have to go to fuckin ALIEF clodine to play ball fuck :twisted:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 5th, 2008, 6:23 pm

fuck in the news another person was killed up on briar forest , around wilcrest...someones house was shot up with 12 gauges n shit like last week foo and a 2 yaer old was shot...same fuckin place....

southwest houston streets are on fire..like every night

immortal

Unread post by immortal » September 3rd, 2008, 3:27 am

Herschelwood got to be one of the worst hoods in Houston, lot of crips there.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » September 3rd, 2008, 7:02 pm

says who...which crips...^^??

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » September 22nd, 2008, 10:45 am

yea they got hoovers there but i don think its even top 5 rated in worst places in houston

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » September 22nd, 2008, 10:48 am

maybe 10 - 20 years ago

SoufWestHTOWN
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SoufWestHTOWN » January 30th, 2009, 3:15 am

Acres homes(nickname:44 Acres Homes named after the bus route that goes through it)-NW side
5th Ward(Dirty Nickle)-NE side
3rd Ward(Tre)-SE side

Chase-C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chase-C » January 31st, 2009, 5:50 pm

5th Ward is the Bloody Nickel or Bloody 5th (note has nothing to do with bloods just blood spilt).

freegbizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by freegbizzle » May 27th, 2009, 7:20 am

they have vl in the nickel

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - South - U.S.A.”