Italy gangs

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
nemesi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Italy

Unread post by nemesi » August 13th, 2003, 4:47 am

Gangs in Italy...
I'm sure there aren't neither Crips nor Bloods over here... :D
I'd say "NO" because historically speaking, Italy has always been known for the organized crime.
It's pretty different from a street gang who claim a specific territory, you know what I mean?
Anyway, I will keep you informed.

Nemesi.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 13th, 2003, 6:16 am

How powerful is the mafia in sicily?

nemesi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nemesi » August 13th, 2003, 12:49 pm

how powerful is the Mafia in Sicily? Who knows… Like I said, the organized crime ain’t like a street gang. You’ll never hear a “mafioso” to tell: “yeah, I’m down with the Mafia”. He won’t never speak about his business, his affiliation. The Mafia is a secret organization which tries to be in on every field: building industry, usury, extorsion, refuse collection and so on. It doesn’t like publicity and it doesn’t want street shootings unless they’re strickly necessary. When it’s time to go to war, it’s ruthless. Eleven years ago, at a distance of some month, it killed the two main Judges who both worked hard to destroy it. It’s clear they started becoming difficult opponents, therefore they were both murdered. But I guess the instigators were captured. Would you be able to recognize a “mafioso”? In many cases, the big boss is a guy on hiding who pedals thru the streets of his town like he was a retired old man, just under the eyes of the Police, who’s not able to understand he is the big wanted man… :D :D :D

nemesi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nemesi » August 13th, 2003, 6:09 pm

The main Italian criminal organizations are: the Mafia (originally came from Sicilia), the Camorra (originally came from Campania), the Sacra Corona Unita (orignally came from Puglia), ‘Ndrangheta (originally came from Calabria).
They are all in the south of Italy.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 14th, 2003, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the information.

nemesi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nemesi » August 14th, 2003, 12:52 pm

NOT AT ALL - NEMESI.

Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » February 1st, 2004, 7:24 am

Who are the Camorra?Do you have any info on them?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 7th, 2004, 1:21 pm

I heard that they also have Albanian Gangsters.

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » May 1st, 2004, 10:06 am

The Modesto Bee.......(National) Former "Mafia Kingpin" Badalamenti dies in federal prison

Last Updated: April 30, 2004, 06:45:00 PM PDT

BOSTON (AP) - Gaetano Badalamenti, once described by federal authorities as the "boss of all bosses" of the Sicilian Mafia, has died, a Justice Department spokesman said Friday. Badalamenti, 80, a ringleader of a $1.65 billion heroin and cocaine smuggling operation that used pizzerias as fronts to distribute the drugs from 1975 to 1984, was sentenced in 1987 to 45 years in federal prison.
The Justice Department spokesman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, could not confirm when, where or how Badalamenti died, but he was most recently housed at the Federal Medical Center in Ayer, according to the federal Bureau of Prisons Web site. The facility specializes in treating inmates with serious illnesses.

The smuggling ring was charged with importing heroin from the Middle East and cocaine from South America and then laundering profits through Swiss bank accounts. Prosecutors also claimed ring members were behind scores of murders in Sicily and the United States.

Badalamenti, of Cinisi, Italy, was also sentenced to life in prison in absentia in Italy in 2002 for the 1978 murder of a disc jockey who was frequently critical of the Mafia boss.

The trial of Badalamenti and nearly two dozen coconspirators in the case took 17 months, included more than 400 witnesses, 15,000 exhibits and 41,000 pages of transcripts.

During the trial, prosecutors described Badalamenti as the former "boss of all bosses in Sicily - the most powerful man in the Sicilian Mafia" during the 1970s. But he eventually lost a turf war and fled to Brazil.

Louis Freeh, who went on to became director of the FBI, was one of the lead prosecutors. Rudolph Giuliani, later the mayor of New York, was the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York at the time of the trial.

By MARK PRATT, Associated Press

creep alien
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by creep alien » May 28th, 2004, 5:24 am

hi guys..
no in italy don't exist any kind of gang..
yes my country is the land of mafia and honestly they are better than cops.
mafiosos have a big honor code and respect the others divisions of their own "community" like a crip or blood do with their "bros"..
in the early of the century mafia was born to protect the poor people from the nobles' abuses but unfortunatly it began an easy way to make money with the entry of tabaccos, alcohol (specially in US) and drugs today..
a mafioso seldom could kill some innocents (maybe can happen in a shoot-out)..
instead, here in italy,the cops are a legal criminality..
do u guys remember the G8 in 2001 in Genoa?
a guy recieved a bullet in the head just cause he reacted from the authoritys abuses..
this sounds like the riot in LA in 1992 don't u?
anyway..
could be some groups of "gangs" here in my country but often they are people from Magreb (marocco, tunisia, algerias region)..
call em gang for me its wrong cause most of times their organitations are for religios ends..
about albania is the same thing with Magreb

creep alien
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by creep alien » May 28th, 2004, 5:36 am

Mohammed Ali wrote:Who are the Camorra?Do you have any info on them?
cammorra is the same thing with mafia change just the name..
camorra is from Naples..
in Sicily: mafia
in naples:camorra
in calabria:'ngrandeta
in sardinia:anonima sarda
this last one dont make his money with the rotten way of drugs but sequstrate capitalist people to ask a ramsom later to their family or to the state..

creep alien
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by creep alien » May 28th, 2004, 5:38 am

nemesi wrote:The main Italian criminal organizations are: the Mafia (originally came from Sicilia), the Camorra (originally came from Campania), the Sacra Corona Unita (orignally came from Puglia), ‘Ndrangheta (originally came from Calabria).
They are all in the south of Italy.
im sorry nemesi i see yr post later
i repeat everything

sniff

Re: Italy gangs

Unread post by sniff » July 25th, 2004, 7:39 am

Italy is still run by families of god fathers...Read a story recently where a film crew were filmin this italian gangster film. The local god fathers where away so the "god mothers" where in charge. They sent down some boys to get some protection money of this film crew hahaha

The god mothers got banged up tho, shame.

Fraxx

Unread post by Fraxx » February 5th, 2005, 8:05 am

well im new in this forum...i live in italy and i agree with who cause my bad there is no gangs over here in italy

wutevr
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

BloodsN'People Nation

Unread post by wutevr » September 18th, 2005, 12:47 pm

Does anyone know y or how the UBN cliked up with People Nation???

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » May 22nd, 2008, 9:19 am

no there are not street gangs in italy, the south is under the total control of the mafia, in the north the mafia is not entrenched like in the south although there are several mafia groups, the southern are like foreigns there that's because when italy joined itself in 1861 south and north were two different countries and they still today seem two different countries; in north and central italy there are just a few little gangs from suburb neighbourhoods formed by southern italians or foreign groups (romanians, morocans etc...), the north is similar to germany or switzerland, a very rich place

ted32

Unread post by ted32 » October 11th, 2008, 3:11 am

I live in italy...
Look.. Since Provenzano was arrested Mafia has no more leader... Sicilian mafia is a jail organized gang now....
Napoli is still the most powerful.... Camorra Clans are many...
but in the North there are some street gangs ... I even saw guys which had blood bandanas hangin on the right side of their jeans...

london_ferg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by london_ferg » October 31st, 2008, 6:46 am

no street gangs in the vien of black style gangs but they have a heck of alot of skinheads gangs and crews that go at it against each other. italy is quite politicaly divided alot of fascists and lefties and that has transfered into the skinhead scene and they fight quite abit. and there obviously the hooligans which are violent and that can be seen but thats all they really do but some do other crime etc but thats the not the main role of their existence as hooligans.

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » October 31st, 2008, 7:08 am

whos the big firms over there, i watched the danny dyer episode on them but hey, t.v is t.v you know, the doc says Atalanta go to town with the the bigger firms ever tohugh theyre very smaller.

if i remember the main ones were juventus roma i cant remember its been ages since i watched it.

Return to “Europe (Western)”