Why do black/hispanic guys name themselves after italian maf

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
belladonna87

Why do black/hispanic guys name themselves after italian maf

Unread post by belladonna87 » June 20th, 2007, 6:14 pm

The question was why do some black and hispanic guys name themselves after italian mobsters who are known for their racism against minorities,you see it in all the movies about them as well as read about it.The only movie i even see n a italian mobster get along with a black man was hoodlum but at the same time they have hispanics playing as italian mobsters andy garcia played in the third godfather movie as well as in hoodlum as lucky luciano and i read he is cuban,vin diesel played as a italian in some movie i heard and he's half black.Why do people glorify them irv gotti is hispanic,then there's capone,young gotti john gotti was known to be very racist but at the same time i read alot about him writing a black man while he was locked up here is the articleYou’d be surprised to find out who John Gotti writes to.

First, we learned the imprisoned-for-life Gotti took to a black man from The Bronx, New York who knew about life inside a prison cell.

In the letter Gotti wrote Thomas Summers, he held forth on mob turncoat Salvatore ``Sammy Bull’’ Gravano and the alleged 1997 torture by Brooklyn cops of a Haitian immigrant.

He called Gravano a ``yellow dog’’ and a ``scared weasel,’’ and described the alleged torture of Abner Louima as ``a perverted, degenerate act’’ carried out by ``scared cops.’’

``One-on-one they run every time,’’ Gotti wrote.

A meeting of the minds between Gotti and Summers seemed unlikely, but as Summers put it, Gotti is a hero in parts of the black community because he stood up to authority and never backed down.

But now we learn Gotti has another pen pal, a Michigan businessman who sells portable workout gyms and had tried to send one to the Dapper Don.

The reputed Gambino crime family boss wrote two letters last summer to Bobby Hinds, a Madison, Wis. exercise guru, in which he discussed his bleak prison conditions, exercise and boxing.

One of the missives was a card containing Gotti’s pencil sketch of a falcon, which was mailed from the federal prison in Marion, Ill. last July 2.

``Just a brief thank you card as we’re in a heat wave over here, and these cells get like saunas,’’ Gotti wrote to Hinds in gratitude for a recipe book and for his offer to send the alleged mafia chieftain boxing videotapes. ``Writing is almost impossible.’’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

``As you offered to send in fight films - I would enjoy nothing better as I used to box myself and am still close to some of the champs,’’ Gotti wrote. ``But they (prison officials) would never allow you to send in tapes.’’

In an earlier letter to Hinds, Gotti thanked him for attempting to send a ``Lifeline’’ portable gym that was paid for by a Gotti friend.

``This is a lock-down prison, and so we don’t even have a chair in our cells,’’ Gotti explained. ``The beds are poured concrete platforms - so I’m sure you can understand why your Lifeline gyms are a no-no.’’

Gotti also mentioned he does ```a lot of push-ups, step-ups and running in place, which is easy as we are in our cells 22 hours a day.’’

He closed the letter stating, ``I feel great. Again, I hope this finds you well and with a good mindset.’’

Hinds, 70, who claims he has received letters from former presidents Ronald Reag you can find it on american mafia.com

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 21st, 2007, 1:07 am

The fools want to sound gangster like them.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 21st, 2007, 10:55 am

The saddest thing is that a lot of Italians are racist and hate blacks and hispanics

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 21st, 2007, 2:05 pm

This has been talked about over and over again...

Redrag52
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Redrag52 » June 22nd, 2007, 11:24 am

SOME blacks like the italians because they started in the ghetto like blacks and went against the odds , saying fuk the law & government , and took what they wanted and got out the ghetto , wich is shown in the movies , young blacks find that heroic and honorable , OTHER blacks say fuk italians , cause there racist , cause they keep it within there people , they only do buisness with other people if they cant benefit off you , then its fuk you.

I dont know too many hispanics who name there selves after italians , but black kids has always done that -

i dont know why they take names from them , but every italian movie i watched they talk shyt about black people , this generation of young blacks are not like the old heads , there except anything

vin diesel is half black and half italian , irv gotti is half black and half hispanic ,

hispanics and itlalians look alike so its easy for them to switch roles , al pacino and andy garcia - italian and latino , both of euro latin descent

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 22nd, 2007, 6:41 pm

Bizzy bone half italian
Mya half italian
Faith evans her father is italian.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 22nd, 2007, 7:01 pm

BRONXTALE THE MOVIE - HALF BLACK & HALF ITALIAN .................... :lol:

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 25th, 2007, 12:16 pm

I enjoyed that movie. Can I call you Vito?

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » August 1st, 2007, 3:56 am

WHAT YOU EVEN MEAN WID HISPANICS CALL THEMSELVES AFTER MAFIOSI?I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS TOPIC AT ALL!

one1hype
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by one1hype » August 12th, 2007, 2:50 am

A Ghost wrote:The saddest thing is that a lot of Italians are racist and hate blacks and hispanics
y r u a wigger omfg stop defending blacks if your not 1

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 28th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Black and Hispanic criminals, like those in other groups, have long “looked up” to the Italian Mafia and have sought to imitate them.

The movie “Hoodlum” was largely inaccurate. In the film, black gangster Elsworth “Bumpy” Johnson is portrayed as winning a war against Jewish gangster Arthur “Dutch” Schultz and winning his freedom from the control of Italian gangster Charles “Lucky” Luciano. In reality, Dutch Schultz’s gang wiped the floor with the black numbers operators in Harlem and took over their operations. Later on, Schultz’s operations were taken over by the Italians, mainly the family run by Lucky Luciano. Until his death in the late 1960’s, Bumpy Johnson worked as a front man for the Luciano (later Genovese) family in Harlem.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » January 2nd, 2008, 1:32 pm

Yeah i heard about that, Bumpy managed to survive but i read he was an enforcer for the Luciano family, but hes portrayed as doing his own thing around the time of dutch schultz?

One other thing was that also when it shows the scene of Dutch getting murdered by some luciano guys, this wasnt true, Luciano sent Murder Inc goons to do it.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 2nd, 2008, 10:11 pm

TeeKay wrote:Yeah i heard about that, Bumpy managed to survive but i read he was an enforcer for the Luciano family, but hes portrayed as doing his own thing around the time of dutch schultz?

One other thing was that also when it shows the scene of Dutch getting murdered by some luciano guys, this wasnt true, Luciano sent Murder Inc goons to do it.
The numbers racket in Harlem was was controlled by blacks like Bumpy Johnson up until the early 1930's. Dutch Schultz and other gangsters came to realize how profitable the racket was and moved in on the operations and took them over. Only a few years later, Schultz himself was killed, and the Harlem numbers racket was taken over by the Italian Mafia - mainly the Luciano (Genovese) and Gagliano (Lucchese) families. The Mafia has always needed front men to directly control their operations in other ethnic group's neighborhoods. Bumpy was one of them.

You're right, the order to kill Dutch Schultz ultimately came down from Luciano through Lepke Buchalter, who had his Murder Inc guys carry out the killing. Luciano and other top gangsters were worried about the heat that would come down from law enforcement if Schultz carried out his plan to murder prosecutor Thomas E. Dewey.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » January 2nd, 2008, 10:32 pm

Turf war with the Mob

After the Great Depression struck, together with the end of Prohibition, white gangsters saw a decrease in profits across the board and decided to move in on the Harlem gambling scene to make up for their lost profits. The mobster Dutch Schultz muscled in, beating and killing the numbers operators.

Queenie and her main enforcer Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson refused to give in to Schultz, but the wave of violence was wearing them down. She complained to local authorities about harassment by the NYPD, and when they paid no heed she ran advertisements in Harlem newspapers, accusing senior police officers of corruption. The police responded by arresting her on a trumped up charge, and in response she testified to the Seabury Commission about the kickbacks she had paid them. The Commission subsequently dismissed more than a dozen police officers.

However, the turf war continued, and eventually Bumpy Johnson approached Lucky Luciano, negotiating himself into the position of enforcing the will of the Mafia by supervising black numbers operators and bookmakers. He came to Stephanie St. Clair and attempted to persuade her to come with him. She refused, but Bumpy carried on doing his best to try and protect his former boss until both realized the struggle could no longer go on, and together both of them managed to organize a truce with Schultz. Queenie was allowed to live so long as she continued paying the Family Tax to the Italians.

Schultz was assassinated on the orders of Lucky Luciano in 1935. St. Clair had nothing to do with his murder, but is remembered for sending a telegram to his hospital bed. It read, "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." This incident made headlines across the country.

Return to “Europe (Western)”