European Soccer Firms

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: European Soccer Firms

Unread post by Loyalheart » April 21st, 2004, 7:37 am

violence at old firm (rangers and celtic) games is definetly under raps,i had a season ticket for two years and hardly seen any trouble between the old firm at the games,but believe me glasgow turns into a very nasty place after the games.Violence breaks out allover the schemes

Dosborn
Location: Coming to a hood near you (but only for research purposes!)

Unread post by Dosborn » May 10th, 2004, 5:56 pm

Guys,

As an london based englishman i'd like to say there's been some truth and some 'i'd get banned for this' on this thread.

I used to go to millwall which, as some have said, has one of the biggest reps. Inside the ground it's fine but you can get caught up in the wrong place after the game. I have also worked in football public relations so know the subject pretty well.

Football hooligans are not cowards- they're thugs. They don't need a gang of 500 to get violent. I almost got done by one big boy from the Leeds firm just for not cheering when his team scored in a bar on holiday.

Like Ice said, the turkish fans are really violent- a lot dirtier than the english ones. Huge rivalries between local teams especially galatasaray and another team in istanbul (I think Betis but can't remember). However, the stuff about hiding bombs and knives in the grounds definitely doesn't happen in England- their main choice of weapons are broken bottles, small clubs and maybe chains.

They're more interested in being thugs than anything else- they love the rush of the fight. It's just like fight club with alot of middle aged family men having normal jobs. One of the main organiser's of England's hooligans was found guilty the other day. He was a teacher at a good school and the headmaster (principal) said he was a great teacher. The football team provides the reason for taking sides and while many are big supporter's too, it's not why they fight. They're not truly territorial.

European championships (to be held this summer),world cups based on the european continent, and the european club championships (Champions League and UEFA cup) provide an opportunity for these guys to fight each other eg. Leeds v Galatasaray where a leeds fan was stabbed and died.

Like I said, it's like fight club and if someone gets killed it's frowned upon and it rarely happens.

Good films to watch on the topic are ID (great film about cop who infiltrates hooligan gang) and trouble on the terraces which has loads of fight scenes if you like that.

Sorry for the long post!

Dosborn
Location: Coming to a hood near you (but only for research purposes!)

Unread post by Dosborn » May 10th, 2004, 6:32 pm

Back again to say i agree and disagree with Snowman. I'd say he's right about the racism of fans- northern ones are often racist and do target asians/ blacks.

But I have to stick up for the Millwall thugs and say they don't beat up on random people and their neighbourhoods. Millwall has a long established thug element that are very violent but they're not random with it. However, there were, and still are to a lesser extent, strong links with the British National Party (political party of white racist nationalists (they tone down their racism for the political environment)) so many of the hooligans were smashing up ethnic minority houses in their hoods.

Millwall has changed greatly in the last 15 years for the better. it's actually one of the more pleasant grounds to watch a match in. They have a bad rep but have been trying very hard to overcome that.

Football hooliganism and racism are very much in danger of being overhyped. You will get kicked out of any football club in england for racist language and won't be allowed back. The hooliganism is organised violence for guys who love the thrill.

They're fight clubs i tell you!!! LOL.

Return to “Europe (Western)”