Mafia Words

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
LoveTheMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ..

Mafia Words

Unread post by LoveTheMafia » November 15th, 2008, 11:02 am

A friend of ours: mob shorthand for introducing one made guy to another made guy. "A friend of mine" is just another jamook on the street.

A trippa di zianata: "your aunt's tripe."

Action: a bet that a bookie "writes" and for which you pay him his "vig."

Administration: the top-level "management" of an organized crime Family—the boss, underboss, and consigliere.

Agita: anxiety, edginess, an upset stomach.

Anti-Trust Violations: what authorities call the mob practice of carving out exclusive territories. Wiseguys call them "mine."

Associate: one who works with mobsters, but hasn't been asked to take the vow of Omertá; an almost confirmed, or made guy.

Beef: a complaint or disagreement within the organization, usually discussed during a sit-down with higher-ups in the Family.

The Books: a phrase indicating membership in the Family. If there is a possibility for promotion, then the books are open. If not, the books are closed.

Broken: demoted in rank; "knocked down."

Borgata: an organized crime Family.

Boss: the head of the Family who runs the show. He decides who gets made and who gets whacked. The boss also gets points from all Family business; also see don, chairman.

Buon' anima: salutation meaning rest his soul.

Burn: to murder; synonyms: break an egg, clip, do a piece of work, hit, ice, pop, put out a contract on, whack.

Buttlegging: bootlegging untaxed cigarettes.

Button: a "made" member of the Mafia; soldier, wiseguy, goodfella, Man of Honor.

Cafone: a peasant or lower-class.

Capo: the Family member who leads a crew; short for capodecina.

Cazzis: see Stugots.

Che bruta: How ugly you are.

Che peccato: what a pity, what a shame.

Chiacchierone: chatterbox.

Clip: to murder; also whack, hit, pop, burn, put a contract out.

Code of silence: not ratting on your colleagues once you've been pinched—no longer a strong virtue in organized crime families. Also see Omertá.

Col tempo la foglia di gelso diventa seta: old Italian saying meaning, "Time and patience change the mulberry leaf to satin."

Comare (also goomah, goomar, or gomatta): slang for girlfriend or mistress. No self-respecting wiseguy is without one.

Come heavy: to walk in carrying a loaded gun. You shouldn't have lunch with a Russian drug dealer unless you "come heavy."

Confirm: to be made; see made guy.

Consigliere: a trusted Family advisor, who is always consulted before decisions are made. See Tom Hagen in The Godfather.

Contract: a murder assignment.

Crank: speed; in particular, crystal meth.

Crew: the group of soldiers under the capo's command.

Cugine: a young soldier striving to be made.

CW: FBI shorthand for Co-operating Witness.

Do a piece of work: to murder; see burn.

Don: the head of the Family; see boss.

Eat alone: to keep for one's self; to be greedy.

Enforcer: a person who threatens, maims, or kills someone who doesn't cooperate with Family rules or deals.

Executive Game: a special-event card game for celebrities and other high-rollers.

Facia bruta: ugly face, something you call someone you don't like.

Family: an organized crime clan, like the Genoveses, the Gottis, or the Sopranos.

Forbidden Fruit: the lure of a wiseguy to a nice Italian girl from the neighborhood.

Friend of mine: introduction of a third person who is not a member of the Family but who can be vouched for by a Family member.

G: a grand; a thousand dollars; also see large.

Gabagool: (capo cuoll) something to eat.

Gira diment: going crazy.

Golden Age: The days before RICO.

Goomah (sometimes pronounced "goomar"): a Mafia mistress; also comare.

GoombahGoomba, Gumba: Sicilian slang for the Italian compare; plural: goombata

Guests of the state or Guests of the government: going to prison, doing time.

Hit: to murder; also see whack.

In the wind: after you leave the Witness protection program you are "in the wind," meaning you're on your own somewhere out there.

Jamook: idiot, loser, lamebrained, you know, a jamook.

Juice: the interest paid to a loanshark for the loan; also see vig.

Lam: To lay low, go into hiding.

Large: a thousand, a grand, a G.

LCN: FBI talk for la Cosa Nostra, or translated, "Our Thing."

Made guy: an indoctrinated member of the Family. Essentially, you pledge your allegiance to the boss and the family for life. To even qualify, your mother has to be Italian.

Make a marriage: to bring two parties together for legitimate or illegitimate Family issues.

Madonn': Madonna, common expression meaning holy smoke, holy cow, holy shit.
Mannagge: going to war with a rival clan or family.

Message job: placing the bullet in someone's body such that a specific message is sent to that person's crew or family; see through the eye, and through the mouth.

Mezza morta: half-dead.

The Mob: a single organized crime family; OR all organized crime families together.

Mobbed up: connected to the mob.

Mobster: one who is in the mob.

Mock execution: to whip someone into shape by frightening the shit out of them.

Moe Green Special: Getting killed with a shot in the eye, like the character, Moe Green, in The Godfather. One form of "sending a message."

Mortadella: derived from the Italian sausage, meaning a loser. As in "Guy's a fuckin' mortadella."

Mulignan (literal translation): eggplant. Another word for African-Americans. Also called "mooleys."

Musciata: mushy.

Mustache Petes: old-fashioned or older generation Mafiosi.

OC: FBI talk for Organized Crime.

Omertá: the much-vaunted Mafia vow of silence. In other words, don't rat on your friends. Transgression is punishable by death.

Oobatz: u'pazzu—crazy.

Outfit: a clan, or family within the Mafia.

Paying tribute: giving the boss a cut of the deal.

Piacere: "Pleasure to meet you."

Pinched: to get caught by the cops.

Poverett: poor person.

Predicates: an offense which the Justice Department can choose to "fold into" a RICO statute. As in, "This charge could be tough. It could have predicates."

The Program: The Witness Protection Program.

Pucchiacha: cunt.

Pump and dump: standard practice for unethical stockbrokers. First drive up the price of a small stock by "encouraging" investors to buy it ("pump") and then sell you own shares ("dump") for a tidy profit.

Puttana: whore.

Rat: one who snitches or squeals after having been pinched.

RICO: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Passed in 1970 to aid the government in clamping down on organized crime activities, its scope has since been broadened to prosecute insider traders and anti-abortion protesters.

Schifosa: ugly woman.

Sfogliatelle: an Italian pastry.

Shakedown: to blackmail or try to get money from someone; also to give someone a scare.

Shy: the interest charged on loans by loansharks.

Shylock business: the business of loansharking.

Soldier: the bottom-level member of an organized crime Family, as in "foot soldiers."

Spring cleaning: cleaning up, hiding or getting rid of evidence.

Stand-up guy: someone who refuses to rat out the Family no matter what the pressure, offer, or threat.

Strunz: strunzo—piece of shit.

Swag: stolen goods.

Taste: a percentage of the take. Tony gets a big taste from bookmaking or racketeering but only a little taste from medical fraud.

Tax: to take a percentage of someone's earnings.

This thing of ours: a mob family, or the entire mob.

Through the eye: a message job through the eye to say "We're watching you!"

Through the mouth: a message job through the mouth to indicate that someone WAS a rat.

Tizzun: Neapolitan derogatory term for black person.

Underboss: the second in command to the boss.

Va fa napole: "Go to Naples" (i.e., "Go to hell.").

Vig: the interest paid to a loanshark for the loan. Abbreviation of vigorish; also see juice. Usually two points or 2%.

Waste management business: euphemism for organized crime.

Wearing it: showing off one's status in the organization by dressing the part. "Wearing it" usually involves an Italian suit, a pinky ring, a hankie in the breast pocket, gold cufflinks, and other ornamentation. Silvio has his own inimitable way of wearing it.

Whack: to murder; also clip, hit, pop, burn, put a contract out.

Wiseguy: a made guy.

Young Turks: Younger, less traditional generation of Mafiosi. Less likely to live by the old rules.

LoveTheMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ..

Re: Mafia Words

Unread post by LoveTheMafia » November 15th, 2008, 11:03 am

anyone got any other words???

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: The Bronx

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 16th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Luigi: FUH GEDABOUDIT!
Pauly: What do ya mean fuh gedabouditt? You go see that guy down the street?
Luigi: That guy from downtown?
Pauly: Nah that guy from down the street from where jimmy used to live
Luigi: guy from construction?
Pauly: nahhh that guy who had that thing but then left it because of her
Luigi: ohhhh yeah i talked to him, he said he went down and nothing happened
Pauly: he give my guy a call like I told him?
Luigi: he said he didnt answer so he tried himself but couldnt do it
Pauly: what about that beef around the corner what you hear about tht?
Luigi: the beef in the bronx?
Pauly: no the one in brooklyn from where Tony used to live
Pussy: Hey pauly, wheres the gabagoul?
Pauly: PUSSS! JESUS FREAGIN CHRIST! Im tryin ta talk here! FREAKING FUH GEDABOUDIT huh?!
Pussy: Alriught! alright! What do ya gotta break my balls for?
John Gotti: Oh man I hope I look good in that newspaper article that was posted today! Ill just die if I dont!
Luigi: Dont worry boss youll look good, fuh gedaboudit!

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 17th, 2008, 12:24 pm

albanian words

latef: i earned 300 $ thank to sanya today LOOOL
kreskik: who's sanya the 12 years old or 13 years old bitch?
latef: the 12 years old she's young and men like it
krenisk: dammmmn i earned only 150 $ thank to my 15 years old from vlore
latef: you need introduce your sister in this business
krenisk: naaaah my sister is to ugly to do it

ahahahahahaha that's a typical albanian-chickenthieves-mob conversation :D :D :D

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 19th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Prenk Ivezaj: "if the Italians had pulled their guns, everybody dies. Guaranteed. Nobody walks out of there alive."
ahahahahahahaa rudaj again moron? do you have any news of albanians? LOOOOOOL rudaj is FINISHED there is not any albanian gang left in the states moron rudaj was just a chickenthief if the police wouldn't arrest him he was killed like a dog that's sure the gambino's have 250 made members and over 2.000 associates there is no way he would live they would look for him and kill him :D :D :D
An Italian in Italy: "I hate Albanians. Their criminals have become rich and we've become poor. They have a lot of money because they work with girls and drugs,"
ahahaahahahahahaahah yeah it's a credible source everybody knows it LOOOOOOOL
Albanian mob invades Italy
The collapse of law and order across the Adriatic has created a criminal element that even the Mafia fears
yeah jonhyred the mafia is so scared of albanians that it killed two of them just a few week ago... so or show me an article of italian mobsters killed by albanian gangs LOOOOL or just shut up your mouth bitch the italian mafia shit on kanun and albaniass chickenthieves mob ahahahahahahahaahah

Rackets in the province of Caserta are reinforced by murder. In fact, killings sometimes prompt offers of payment from the victims, as happened this summer after the murder of Raffaele Granata, who ran a bathing centre, La Fiorente at Castel Volturno. On 11 July, Granata was killed with the same Beretta 9 x 21mm pistol that had slain businessman Michele Orsi a month earlier and a month later would kill two Albanian immigrants.

http://www.corriere.it/english/08_novem ... aabc.shtml

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 20th, 2008, 10:01 am

See that? Albanians kill Italians in their own country. Thats embarassing, the Albanian crime organizations pushed the Ndrangheta out of the prostitution business. The only gang to have the balls to do that in Italy. They dont pay a tax or anything.
ahahahahahaha albanian never killed italian mobsters instead i proofed italians kill albanians when they want they are just chickenthieves to the mafia please be serious now north italy is a joke moron even a 8 years old southern could be a mini-mafia boss there LOOOOOL myself could be a boss it's enough ny southern accent :D :D :D
Italy's Prime Minister, Massimo D'Alema held crisis talks with police and local officials in Milan yesterday to try to restore order to a city that has seen nine murders so far this year.

ahahahahahahahaha the nine murders in 14 days were not done by albanians period i just exlpain that's wrong i'm italian and i know better than you italian facts moron that was a mix of crimes not related each other done by different people only 1 of them was committed by albanians
The government has deployed an extra 800 police and 90 patrol cars to Milan as a stopgap measure to ease the "crime emergency".
ahahahahahaha crime emergency LOOOOL in north italy it's enough a single murder to say criminal emergency the goverment had to send ARMY to fight the mafia in south italy moron nobody cares of chickenthieves gangs in milan

Diego Masi, an Interior Ministry under-secretary, blamed the Albanian mafia, which has entered the city on a tide of illegal immigrants. An official report puts the Albanians top among foreign crime organizations. It says they concentrate on drugs and prostitution. Their lack of Western moral values allows them to settle scores with appalling coldness, often murdering people in crowded streets and bars.

there are albanian gangs in north italy and what moron? LOOOOOOOOL everybody are in north italy romanians, nigerians, morocans not just albanians i post a map of milan and the albanians are the same influence of gypsy roma and less than africans and romanians surpassed them today LOOOOOOOOL but everybody pays the ndrangheta to operate there that litterally owns milan and north italy

In response to Bank of Italy Governor Antonio Fazio's plea that "immigration not to be evaluated negatively" because Italy may need immigrant workers, thousands of supporters of the separatist Northern League party marched through Milan in mid-January to protest the crime they blame on Albanian immigrants.
ahahahahahaha separatist are again everybody southern italians and foreign because they are racist today the romanians are the most hated among foreign nobody cares of albanians anymore LOOOOOL

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 20th, 2008, 10:05 am

See that? Albanians kill Italians in their own country. Thats embarassing, the Albanian crime organizations pushed the Ndrangheta out of the prostitution business. The only gang to have the balls to do that in Italy. They dont pay a tax or anything.

ahahahahahaha albanian never killed italian mobsters instead i proofed italians kill albanians when they want they are just chickenthieves to the mafia please be serious now north italy is a joke moron even a 8 years old southern could be a mini-mafia boss there LOOOOOL myself could be a boss it's enough ny southern accent :D :D :D
Italy's Prime Minister, Massimo D'Alema held crisis talks with police and local officials in Milan yesterday to try to restore order to a city that has seen nine murders so far this year.
ahahahahahahahaha the nine murders in 14 days were not done by albanians period i just exlpain that's wrong i'm italian and i know better than you italian facts moron that was a mix of crimes not related each other done by different people only 1 of them was committed by albanians
The government has deployed an extra 800 police and 90 patrol cars to Milan as a stopgap measure to ease the "crime emergency".
ahahahahahaha crime emergency LOOOOL in north italy it's enough a single murder to say criminal emergency the goverment had to send ARMY to fight the mafia in south italy moron nobody cares of chickenthieves gangs in milan
Diego Masi, an Interior Ministry under-secretary, blamed the Albanian mafia, which has entered the city on a tide of illegal immigrants. An official report puts the Albanians top among foreign crime organizations. It says they concentrate on drugs and prostitution. Their lack of Western moral values allows them to settle scores with appalling coldness, often murdering people in crowded streets and bars.
there are albanian gangs in north italy and what moron? LOOOOOOOOL everybody are in north italy romanians, nigerians, morocans not just albanians i post a map of milan and the albanians are the same influence of gypsy roma and less than africans and romanians surpassed them today LOOOOOOOOL but everybody pays the ndrangheta to operate there that litterally owns milan and north italy :D :D :D
In response to Bank of Italy Governor Antonio Fazio's plea that "immigration not to be evaluated negatively" because Italy may need immigrant workers, thousands of supporters of the separatist Northern League party marched through Milan in mid-January to protest the crime they blame on Albanian immigrants.
ahahahahahaha separatist are again everybody southern italians and foreign because they are racist today the romanians are the most hated among foreign nobody cares of albanians anymore LOOOOOL

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 20th, 2008, 1:01 pm

Are you serious? I just gave you proof of the Albanian mafia killing nine people in nine days in Milan. Its right there in front of you. The government said it, the people said it. They protested against Albanians because of it. Italy declared a crime crisis. Your a moron. You cant even face the facts when there right in front of you. Your in denial.

The Albanians killed nine Italians in nine days to push them out of prostitution in Milan. Albanians dont care about the Ndrangheta, Camorra or La Cosa Nostra. To them, you guys are nothing. Just a target for their guns.
yeah i'm serious moron if you think albanian can match ndrangheta in milan you are mental disturbed LOOOOOOOOOOOL italy declared crisis? ahahahahahahaha yeah albanians don't care of mafia but the mafia kill them like dogs if it wants :D :D :D no albaniaunited the albaniass mob never killed 9 people in 9 days i'm sorry for you but... believe what you want LOOOOOL

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 20th, 2008, 2:13 pm

I'll believe what the Italian government including its prime minister and BBC says. Not what I want to.
ahahahahaha the italian goverment never said it moron balkanpeace.org or kosovohere.com changed the facts in order to hype albanians they are nationalist sites they are not credible in fact the fact never happened LOOOOOOOL
The Albanian mafia has entrenched itself even in Calabria and Sicily.
ahahahahahahah yeah the albanianmafia is nothing even in milan but they are in sicily and calabria LOOOOOOOL they dominate secretely south italy ahahahahahahah

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 20th, 2008, 8:00 pm

The articles I have you were from BBC and an Italian website as well as from a Yugoslavian website. The Albanian mafia slaughtered nine Italians in nine days to control prostitution. The government had to come to the streets of Milan for a demonstration. They deployed hundreds of extra police on the streets.
ahahahahaha stop saying BS moron the articles don't say it it says there were 9 murders in 14 days in milan not that they are committed by albanians LOOOOOOOOOOOL you change the facts to hype albanians you're a clown :D :D :D i'm italian and you can't BS me about italian facts LOOOOOOL
I never said they dominate South Italy. I said they operate there. The Albanians are involved in cocaine import from the Reggio Calabria port as well. They frequently vist Africo, Pallati and other Calabrian and Sicilian mafia towns.
ahahahaha no they don't operate there moron and they are not involved in cocaine import LOOOOOOOL you're right there are links between italian mafia and albanian gangs but the italian mafia operates in albania more than albanians in italy because the italians use albania as logistic area

According to the report, that is being published by the Athens newspaper "TA NEA", it is the first time that the Italian Mafia has turned its attention toward Greece after appearing in Albania, Montenegro and FYROM.

http://www.hri.org/news/greek/mpab/2000 ... ab.html#02

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 20th, 2008, 11:35 pm

None of those sources above specify what ethnic group those who were murdered belong to. The most telling statement is -

In the first month of 1999, there have been nine killings in Milan attributed to gangs of immigrants, many of them Albanians. The gangs are reported to be fighting for control of prostitution and drug trafficking.

It appears that the 9 murders happened in one month, and were likely between immigrant groups, rather than Albanians "killing 9 Italians" as JohnnyRed/AlbaniaUnited/TheEastSide has been claiming.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 21st, 2008, 10:37 am

ahahahahahaha you moron there were 9 murders in 14 days not 9 days and they were committed by diferent people of different countries for different reasons period LOOOOOOOOOOL of course you would like albanians committed them and they killed italians because it gives you an erection LOOOOOOL but the truth is different your article proof really nothing they don't explain who killed who the fact below there is a phrase about albanian mafia means nothing moron it was generic and without any serious source :D :D :D so shut up your moith girl and take the facts... albanians never committed slaughter like italian mafia they are little scared girls... look what a real slaughter with names and dates is LOOOOL

Six Italian men were gunned down outside a restaurant in the western Germany city of Duisburg early Wednesday in an apparent Mafia feud

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... hot_070815?

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”