Italian Mob Revenue Surges to $167 Billion From 2007

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Re: Italian Mob Revenue Surges to $167 Billion From 2007

Unread post by Azure9920 » February 15th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Not really. Americans lack the knowledge other people in different parts of the world have.
Again, the irony.
It doesnt matter. There is alot more going on in Albania then in the United States. What good is a college education in Albania? There is no work, no industries, etc... In America, if you have a college education you can get a good job, in Albania you need to have a college education, learn a different language fluently, travel outside the country and start work there. Its alot harder and sometimes is not even worth the while and work.
Maybe Albanians should travel to the United States then. Or better yet, Albanian could industrialize.
Besides, Americans fall behind immigrants in grades and ahead in failure rates.
Source?
You guys have no morals [letting you're daughters date, letting you're wives have guy friends, letting you're wives control the marriage, etc...]
One of the many drawbacks of a civilized society I suppose.
Where do some Americans come from? Europe.
Spot on.
I also find it funny that a Native American would be trying to defend white Americans. Lol, thats like a Serb defending Albanians.
Because all Americans are white.

As the facts stand, the US has a far higher post secondary education rate than Albanian, excuses withheld. The 25% figure you put up has yet to be verified, and would put Albania within the top three countries in the world. Given your educational "dilemma" a couple years ago, that just doesn't seem likely.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Maybe Albanians should travel to the United States then. Or better yet, Albanian could industrialize.

Albania won't industrialize because our governement is full of pieces of shit.
One of the many drawbacks of a civilized society I suppose.
If that is civilized society, the Americans and Western Europeans can have it.
Where do some Americans come from? Europe.
Spot on. [/quote]

Not some, all Americans come from Europe. That is to say, excluding the Latino and Black Americans.
As the facts stand, the US has a far higher post secondary education rate than Albanian, excuses withheld. The 25% figure you put up has yet to be verified, and would put Albania within the top three countries in the world. Given your educational "dilemma" a couple years ago, that just doesn't seem likely.

All of my cousins are going to or are in University. That is to say, the ones that haven't left the country. About half of my cousins outside the country went, are going to, or are in University.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » February 15th, 2009, 2:57 pm

CheGuevara wrote:I also find it funny that a Native American would be trying to defend white Americans. Lol, thats like a Serb defending Albanians.
HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 3:01 pm

LOL

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » February 15th, 2009, 3:19 pm

Johnny fails to post a watchable video.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Type "discover Albania" on youtube.com I was giving it to Azure because he asked for proof of 25% of Albanian having university degrees.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » February 15th, 2009, 5:51 pm

CheGuevara wrote:
Not some, all Americans come from Europe. That is to say, excluding the Latino and Black Americans.
Tell me, which Asian countries are located in Europe?

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 6:33 pm

I dont really refer to Latinos, Blacks and Asians as Americans. Americans are Germans, Finnish, Swedish, Irish people who came to America a long time ago.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 15th, 2009, 9:46 pm

Italian household wealth in Italy is roughly 9 trillion euros.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 9:53 pm

DutchGangster69 wrote:Italian household wealth in Italy is roughly 9 trillion euros.

What? That made no sense. Could you be more clear please.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 15th, 2009, 9:59 pm

The total Net worth of Italians in Italy is around 9 trillion euros according to the central bank of Italy Statistics.. I am currently trying to find out what the total Net worth of the Dutch in Holland is.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 10:02 pm

DutchGangster69 wrote:The total Net worth of Italians in Italy is around 9 trillion euros according to the central bank of Italy Statistics.. I am currently trying to find out what the total Net worth of the Dutch in Holland is.
What are you talking about? The GDP (PPP) of Italy is $1,787 trillion as of 2007. Where are you getting $9 trillion Euros. Net Worth of Italians? That means that if you add up all of the Italian workers in Italy, they will be producing $9 trillion Euros annually? I think you're smoking that Dutch weed a little bit too much.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 15th, 2009, 10:06 pm

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 10:17 pm

It adds up. 61,000,000 times $170,000 equals $10,370,000,000,000.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2009, 10:31 pm

CheGuevara wrote:Anyway I wont even respond to this insult because being Albanian is really the best thing in the world.

Care to explain to everyone on this board exactly why being Albanian is the "best thing in the world?"
The popular belief is that organized crime generates $1 trillion USD annually.
The popular belief? The belief of who? What are your sources? Popular culture again? Movies and TV again?

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 15th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Care to explain to everyone on this board exactly why being Albanian is the "best thing in the world?"
I dont know exactly why. Its just a feeling I have. It is really widespread among Albanians really. I mean you ask Albanians what their religion is, they'll say Albanian lol. It just feels right to be Albanian. I wouldnt be anything else in the world.

Rroft Shqiperia!
The popular belief? The belief of who? What are your sources? Popular culture again? Movies and TV again?
Most experts claim that organized crime generates $1 trillion a year. I got it on my organized book by Paul Lunde, it was repeated again by Razbojnik's criminal market post and is repeated on many more sources. You even agreed to this before. And you have said it more then once. I do not know why you are trying to argue about this.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 15th, 2009, 10:45 pm

I wanna drop a nuke on Albania.

Lee23Claire
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lee23Claire » February 16th, 2009, 2:18 am

thewestside wrote:Generally speaking, the Camorra is less organized and therefore less stable than both the Cosa Nostra and 'Ndrangheta. The clans are much more "porous," to use Saviano's word, as the rules for joining are less restrictive. As such, each clan might vary somewhat differently but the general makeup is what you described above. A boss, as well as a second in command, followed by several lietenants (which could be called underbosses I suppose) who oversee certain specific operations. But these lieutenants could also simply be called soldiers who have supervision over one activity or another. It's more a matter of semantics than anything.
So, it really is best to just think of a Camorra clan as having the hierarchy of a legit corporation? There's a "corporate" power at the top who has the final say in everything and sets policy, and below them there are various people who oversee operations that the semi-independent from one another?

One thing I wonder about the Casalesi Clan was in Saviano's book, if I remember correctly, he said it was different from other clans. Is it that the Casalesi clan is generally more of a confederation of different clans, with the clan capos sharing power and every now and then a capo grabs the top spot, i.e., Sandokan? Or are all clans more or less a confederation of different clans?

On to a slightly different topic. You said the the 'Ndrangheta is more linear than other Mafia groups. Would this mean that there is a top boss and below him are the soldiers who oversee their activities and remain relatively independent from one another/there's no real power structure where one guy can claim power over another?

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 16th, 2009, 1:49 pm

DutchGangster69 wrote:I wanna drop a nuke on Albania.
Love the hate - Kobe :D:D:D:D

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 16th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Lee23Claire wrote:So, it really is best to just think of a Camorra clan as having the hierarchy of a legit corporation? There's a "corporate" power at the top who has the final say in everything and sets policy, and below them there are various people who oversee operations that the semi-independent from one another?

One thing I wonder about the Casalesi Clan was in Saviano's book, if I remember correctly, he said it was different from other clans. Is it that the Casalesi clan is generally more of a confederation of different clans, with the clan capos sharing power and every now and then a capo grabs the top spot, i.e., Sandokan? Or are all clans more or less a confederation of different clans?

On to a slightly different topic. You said the the 'Ndrangheta is more linear than other Mafia groups. Would this mean that there is a top boss and below him are the soldiers who oversee their activities and remain relatively independent from one another/there's no real power structure where one guy can claim power over another?
It's difficult to say how the "average" Camorra clan is organized because they vary so differently. Like I said before, generally speaking, they are more loosely organized than either the Cosa Nostra or 'Ndrangheta clans. One thing the Camorra does have in common with the Cosa Nostra, however, is that a clan is a confederation of various individual families. That's what Saviano is talking about with respect to the Casalesi. You have various families who are blood related and these families, who usually are from the same geographic area, form a clan to oversee that area. The families that make up the Casalesi clan hail from Casal di Principe in the province of Caserta, Italy.

As far as the 'Ndrangheta goes, their clans are almost exclusively made up of members who are related either by blood or marriage. So it's much more of a "family affair" than the clans in the Cosa Nostra or Camorra. And overall, the 'Ndrangheta does not have the same vertically structured hierarchy that the Cosa Nostra does where you have the clan level, the mandamento level, the province level, and then the Commission at the top. The 'Ndrangheta, as a whole, is much more horizontally organized. You have various clans (about 160 total) that are more or less on the same level except for the dominant ones that are what you could say the "first among equals."

Lee23Claire
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lee23Claire » February 18th, 2009, 8:51 pm

thewestside wrote:
Lee23Claire wrote:So, it really is best to just think of a Camorra clan as having the hierarchy of a legit corporation? There's a "corporate" power at the top who has the final say in everything and sets policy, and below them there are various people who oversee operations that the semi-independent from one another?

It's difficult to say how the "average" Camorra clan is organized because they vary so differently. Like I said before, generally speaking, they are more loosely organized than either the Cosa Nostra or 'Ndrangheta clans. One thing the Camorra does have in common with the Cosa Nostra, however, is that a clan is a confederation of various individual families. That's what Saviano is talking about with respect to the Casalesi. You have various families who are blood related and these families, who usually are from the same geographic area, form a clan to oversee that area. The families that make up the Casalesi clan hail from Casal di Principe in the province of Caserta, Italy.

As far as the 'Ndrangheta goes, their clans are almost exclusively made up of members who are related either by blood or marriage. So it's much more of a "family affair" than the clans in the Cosa Nostra or Camorra. And overall, the 'Ndrangheta does not have the same vertically structured hierarchy that the Cosa Nostra does where you have the clan level, the mandamento level, the province level, and then the Commission at the top. The 'Ndrangheta, as a whole, is much more horizontally organized. You have various clans (about 160 total) that are more or less on the same level except for the dominant ones that are what you could say the "first among equals."
So would the Casalesi differ from other clans in that the clans/families in the clan are more independent than say, the Di Lauro clan?

My idea of the 'Ndrangheta is that it's more or less a crime co-op of blood families/allied families. So, if there's a group of guys sitting around a table planing schemes, they work together and there are no specific ranks defined. Maybe at the end of each table there'd be a guy who has a little more sway than others. Am I on the right track?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 19th, 2009, 12:12 am

Lee23Claire wrote:So would the Casalesi differ from other clans in that the clans/families in the clan are more independent than say, the Di Lauro clan?
The leadership of the Di Lauro clan is a little more streamlined because it is more tight-knit as far as blood goes, so I guess you could say that.
My idea of the 'Ndrangheta is that it's more or less a crime co-op of blood families/allied families. So, if there's a group of guys sitting around a table planing schemes, they work together and there are no specific ranks defined. Maybe at the end of each table there'd be a guy who has a little more sway than others. Am I on the right track?
Well there are ranks but how you described it is pretty much it. And, in that respect, it's really not that different from clans in the Camorra or even the Cosa Nostra. Where the difference lies is, one, 'Ndrangheta clans are more closely organized according to blood and marriage; and two, as a whole the 'Ndangheta does not have the vertical hierarchy of the Cosa Nostra.

Elimu
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Columbus

Unread post by Elimu » May 25th, 2009, 11:48 pm

thewestside wrote:
Lee23Claire wrote:So would the Casalesi differ from other clans in that the clans/families in the clan are more independent than say, the Di Lauro clan?
The leadership of the Di Lauro clan is a little more streamlined because it is more tight-knit as far as blood goes, so I guess you could say that.
Well there are ranks but how you described it is pretty much it. And, in that respect, it's really not that different from clans in the Camorra or even the Cosa Nostra. Where the difference lies is, one, 'Ndrangheta clans are more closely organized according to blood and marriage; and two, as a whole the 'Ndangheta does not have the vertical hierarchy of the Cosa Nostra.
Do you think you can give an example to Ndrangheta hierarchy or a picture? Thier structure kind of left me confused because I'm used to vertical hierarchy,

Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Guam
What city do you live in now?: Tokyo

Unread post by Dobre » May 26th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Elimu wrote:
thewestside wrote:
Do you think you can give an example to Ndrangheta hierarchy or a picture? Thier structure kind of left me confused because I'm used to vertical hierarchy,
LOL. Horizontal structure is based by work description. A vertical structure would go from up to down. These guys are based by blood or marrige as Westside said.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 26th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Dobre wrote:LOL. Horizontal structure is based by work description. A vertical structure would go from up to down. These guys are based by blood or marrige as Westside said.
The 'Ndrangheta is more horizontally organized than the Cosa Nostra because, unlike the latter, it doesn't have a hierarchial system going from the clan level to the mandamento level to the provincial level to the Commission level. Nevertheless, the 'Ndrangheta is more hierarchial than it once was. There used to be a lot of infighting amongst the Calabrians, similar to what is still going on with the Camorra. But they realized they could never move forward if this didn't stop so they became more organized and established a hierarchy of clans somewhat similar to the Cosa Nostra, with councils and such. But it is still more horizontal and fluid. And the Sicilians, for their part, have a little less hierarchial over the past 15 years or so because a fixed structure is an easier target for law enforcement. You could say that both groups have been utilizing the strengths of the other while attempting to do away with the weaknesses.

Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Guam
What city do you live in now?: Tokyo

Unread post by Dobre » May 29th, 2009, 7:35 am

thewestside wrote:
Dobre wrote:LOL. Horizontal structure is based by work description. A vertical structure would go from up to down. These guys are based by blood or marrige as Westside said.
The 'Ndrangheta is more horizontally organized than the Cosa Nostra because, unlike the latter, it doesn't have a hierarchial system going from the clan level to the mandamento level to the provincial level to the Commission level. Nevertheless, the 'Ndrangheta is more hierarchial than it once was. There used to be a lot of infighting amongst the Calabrians, similar to what is still going on with the Camorra. But they realized they could never move forward if this didn't stop so they became more organized and established a hierarchy of clans somewhat similar to the Cosa Nostra, with councils and such. But it is still more horizontal and fluid. And the Sicilians, for their part, have a little less hierarchial over the past 15 years or so because a fixed structure is an easier target for law enforcement. You could say that both groups have been utilizing the strengths of the other while attempting to do away with the weaknesses.
Excellent description.

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”