2011 Colombo Family

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 12:27 am

mayugastank wrote:Westside"

"And for the record, while it's always surprising to see Genovese guys flip, I wouldn't overestimate the effect of Arilotta and Tranghese flipping"

CONSPIRACY TO COMMITT MURDER:

The muddled legal definition of "conspiracy" is:

a) two or more persons gathered for the purpose of doing something
really nasty (Oooo! did someone actually get hurt?, and how can
their intent be proven?), or

b) committing *legal acts* be using "illegal means" (Huh? Is the act
legal, or isn't it?)


Big John” Bologna describes a conversation with Artie Nigro -where Bruno spoke out of school and identified that Fusco was a made meber of the Genovese ---this is what led to Bruno being murdered and Artie being indicted, the conversation took place amongst :

Tranghese took this page to New York to meet with Arthur Nigro and others. Nigro then gave Tranghese, and later Arillotta, the order to kills Bruno,” the Feb. 1 motion reads.


In the sense of the law anyone who overhears a plot to committ murder is guilty of murder. Who are the others described above? and why have they not been indicted is beyond me.....I am sure a big one is coming soon and this murder will be all over the place along with the murder of Lawrence Ricci-which is why Coppola was squeezed so hard to flip-had he flipped up and down the line the Genovese woulve been gutted. Sitautions like these is why I believe the mafia is on the ropes.....one man with enough information can get dozens convicted with the way the RICO statue is set up.
I'm very familiar with what conspiracy is in the legal context. But the Genovese family wouldn't have been "gutted" had Ricci or Coppola flipped. Nor will they be by Arilotta and Tranghese's defection. Who's exaggerating now?

The biggest fish they'll get from Arilotta and Tranghese flipping is Nigro. But, while that is certainly a big catch, it will likely stop there. The Springfield faction didn't have any contact with the rest of the family. At least not outside of Nigro's circle, which is people in the Barney Bellomo crew. So it's basically Nigro and the Geas brothers. Now, if Nigro were to flip, he could do a lot more damage. But don't hold your breath on that. And even then the family wouldn't be "gutted."

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 12:37 am

mayugastank wrote:WESTSIDE

"I'm not sure what you mean by the FBI coming out with a "reestablished figures of Outfit membership." Maybe you're saying the 28 members still in the Chicago area were the ones that are still active, while the remaining ones are inactive or in prison? I suppose that's a possibility though one shouldn't automatically assume that's what they meant"


What I meant is that the purported figues of Chicagos outfit was consistently in the 100 range and then droped to the 50 range in the 2000s to the 30 range AFTER the testimony of Nick Calabrese. My theory is that the figures were reestablished AFTER his testimony-although he identified 60 members-those included many who were inactive/retired/in prison (speculation). His testimony -was WHY the FBI reestablished the figures for the outfit. We have no other "made" member to base an opinion on actual numbers of "made" guys besides Calabrese-I believe the FBI likewise, realized this and came out with the new updated list AFTER verifying his claims.

So again-we can agree to disagree-but in reality -a simple look should tell you that Nick Calabreses' testimony is what led the FBI from inflating figures in the 100 range like theyd been doing since the 1990s. Why they would DUMB down numbers is beyond me and maybe you can explain why they would----if anything the FBI has always upped or exaggerated poundage of dope seizures/number of gang members/ability of terrorist groups/ and membership roles of the mafia!!!
You can read into it whatever theory you like in order to support your argument. It's just a convenient assumption on your part. The FBI hasn't "reestablished" the figures for the Outfit. The 28 member figure was simply the latest cited as part of the Family Secrets case. At the same time, Calabrese supposedly identified 60 members. Does that mean there are 60 total Outfit members remaining but only 28 of them are active? Perhaps. I could believe that. But again, that's jumping to conclusions.

Estimates for the Outfit's membership haven't been near 100 for some time. It was around 70 back in the late 90's. More recently it was around 50. And these aren't just numbers that the FBI, CCC, etc. have picked out of thin air. Nor were the 47 specific names the feds supposedly released to the local press in Chicago. Which is why I would find it hard to believe that their total membership is now under 30. Especially considering the amount of mob activity still there.

If you want to try and make a case for how many Outfit members you think are still active in Chicago, that's one thing. But to argue that there are only 28 or so Outfit members still alive is absurd. And as I keep having to remind you, they are all counted as members whether they are active, inactive, or in prison.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 1:10 am

For the record, this is the list of current Outfit members that we were able to identify on another forum -

1. Joseph Andriacchi
2. Robert Bellavia
3. Frank James Calabrese Sr.
4. Bruno Caruso
5. Frank Caruso Sr.
6. Leo Caruso
7. Nicholas Cataudella
8. Salvatore Cataudella
9. William Daddano Jr.
10. Marco D'Amico
11. John DiFronzo
12. Joseph DiFronzo
13. Peter M. DiFronzo
14. Salvatore DeLaurentis
15. Rudolph Fratto Jr.
16. Michael Gurgone
17. James Inendino
18. Joseph Lombardo Sr.
19. Rocco Lombardo
20. Michael Magnifichi
21. James Marcello
22. Louis Marino
23. John Matassa Jr.
24. Salvatore Muserino
25. Michael Spano Sr.
26. John Eugene Spizzirri
27. Richard Allen Spizzirri
28. Joseph Talarico
29. Michael C. Talarico

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 9:41 am

thewestside wrote:For the record, this is the list of current Outfit members that we were able to identify on another forum -

1. Joseph Andriacchi
2. Robert Bellavia ( LIFE IN PRISON)
3. Frank James Calabrese Sr.(Life in prison)
4. Bruno Caruso
5. Frank Caruso Sr.
6. Leo Caruso
7. Nicholas Cataudella
8. Salvatore Cataudella
9. William Daddano Jr.
10. Marco D'Amico ( possibly inactive after many years incarcerated)
11. John DiFronzo
12. Joseph DiFronzo
13. Peter M. DiFronzo
14. Salvatore DeLaurentis
15. Rudolph Fratto Jr.
16. Michael Gurgone
17. James Inendino
18. Joseph Lombardo Sr. (LIFE in PRISON -retired prior)
19. Rocco Lombardo
20. Michael Magnifichi
21. James Marcello ( LIFE in Prison )
22. Louis Marino( in prison till 2016)
23. John Matassa Jr.
24. Salvatore Muserino
25. Michael Spano Sr.
26. John Eugene Spizzirri
27. Richard Allen Spizzirri
28. Joseph Talarico
29. Michael C. Talarico

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 9:47 am

Couldnt check up on all the names listed but did some research as always "STOP EXAGGERATING"...........this list is faulty! FBI estimates place the chicago mob at 25-28 members , your list which probably took alot of time -lists 30*..............from going thru and looking at it I recognized immediately that some on the list were clearly inactive due to life sentences.


Leaving us with about 25 members that we----you/me and the FBI and Nick Calabrese verified. You cannot consider a guy in prison for life as an active member especially in a situation like Chicago were members are far and few between and were prison and the "gang" arent one and the same like the EME (mexican mafia) were the 2 are interchangeable.

So after riding your bumper ---your most thorough list----lists less then even the FBIs roster for "mafioso discgracing our city" end quote.

Can we get a retraction on your 50 members list at the least? I mean we have got to stick to facts and yet again ----although I have been accussed of puffery-------your own handiwork proved my case for me**

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 9:56 am

Westside"

You can read into it whatever theory you like in order to support your argument. It's just a convenient assumption on your part.............................


Why would I have a theory? after extensive research and credible testimony coming from the top informer of the Chicago mob --I reached that "theory". I didnt go in to prove the Chicago mob was defunct....but the BS in the recent books led me to believe something was amiss and that the mob was being "puffed up". I dug and dug deeper and saw what is going on in chicago happening in New England/and New York amongst the Colombos/Bonanos/Lucchese.......I also noticed that many of the names brought up in recent times were throwbacks to the 1980-1990s NYC mob. I also researched immigration figures into Chicago/New York and found it virtually non existant......reading up on the mafia made me delve deep into the history of the Italian people in America and I reached some conclusions. I believe I am correct -but like a scientist I keep an open mind always allowing new facts to change my view.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 10:09 am

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:also the perfect example they're still making memebers is the Cleveland mob which had no made members outside of prison in th 1990s and now has 10-15 made members it never ends as long as you have some guys out with good criminal connections and some italians to pick from


Thats speculation........the only evidence we really have is what Nick Calabrese said "which was that he was one of the last guys made into the mafia"

He also admitted that a couple guys had been made after him but that he wasnt familiar with them.......and that the outfit was not meeting/kicking up is really a telltale sign of what the outfit is.....its withered and died on a vine.

Do we have anything showing any new members being made? or anything listing new members since in any indcitments?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 1:19 pm

mayugastank wrote:Couldnt check up on all the names listed but did some research as always "STOP EXAGGERATING"...........this list is faulty! FBI estimates place the chicago mob at 25-28 members , your list which probably took alot of time -lists 30*..............from going thru and looking at it I recognized immediately that some on the list were clearly inactive due to life sentences.


Leaving us with about 25 members that we----you/me and the FBI and Nick Calabrese verified. You cannot consider a guy in prison for life as an active member especially in a situation like Chicago were members are far and few between and were prison and the "gang" arent one and the same like the EME (mexican mafia) were the 2 are interchangeable.

So after riding your bumper ---your most thorough list----lists less then even the FBIs roster for "mafioso discgracing our city" end quote.

Can we get a retraction on your 50 members list at the least? I mean we have got to stick to facts and yet again ----although I have been accussed of puffery-------your own handiwork proved my case for me**
How many times do I have to say this before you get it in your thick skull?!!!

For the last time, somebody doesn't stop being a member just because they are inactive or in prison!!! Only if they die or flip!!!


You don't get to make up your own definition of what a made member is!!!

If you want to specify active made members, go ahead but I go by total made members because there's really no way to determine how many are active. And that figure is often in flux for any given family!!!

I've already said that I know no family has 100% of their members active. At any given time there is a good number who are inactive due to retirement, in prison, or under indictment or on parole. But it does no good to try and assume how many members of a family that involves!!!

ONE LAST TIME: The evidence leans towards there being a total of approximately 50 made members left in the Chicago Outfit. How many are active is up for debate.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 1:21 pm

mayugastank wrote:He also admitted that a couple guys had been made after him but that he wasnt familiar with them.......and that the outfit was not meeting/kicking up is really a telltale sign of what the outfit is.....its withered and died on a vine.
Still waiting any link or source to what you claim Calabrese said. I never saw that in any of the Family Secrets documents or either of the two books written on the case.

icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 78
Joined: March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » February 15th, 2011, 6:55 pm

well i dont know why you guys fight over how many memebers there, the fbi, mob watchers and experts are never gonna know the true number ok. Every year the number changes people go to prison, die, get made and and retired or are shelved since the family sercrets trial in 2005 it was around 50 made members its changed in the last five years to higher or less than 50 already so why you guys fight i have no idea techinically your both not right but Westside has the closer guess

The colombo crime family made 6 guys in 2009 but with recent indicments its changed it changes every month every year

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 9:20 pm

A link to pages in a book?

READ The family secrets trial......its there and obvious! The author glanced over that part and merely wrote it in passing* Of course if he and the FBI let know how and whats left of the Chitown Mob then it would be obvious that Capones gang is near dead.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 15th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Oh so the BGD in chicago must have some 1 million members since they been making and taking members since the 60s. The 18 street gang must number 200+ thousand by your dumb ass estimate. What a buffoon you want to puff up the numbers by listing Al Capone and Frank Nitti and bring back the dead like Accardo? or lets say Joseph Lombardo is still the clown and still a regular mafioso. You say you read the book so how the fuck didnt your EXAGGERATING ass come away with Joey the Clown .....feeding pigeons and walking around his neighborhood as a senior and not as a mafioso. The book is all over how Joey was done with that life. But your so fucking stupid youd like to list every freaing body that every freaking lived irregardless of whether they are serving life sentences or whether they dont "come around anymore" ...........what the fuck are we debating here dumbfuck?

I thought we were debating whether the chicago mob was still viable and active? whether they were still making guys/meeting/kicking up?

Not whether they have a dozen members in prison for life! The argument is whether they are a force in Chicago or not and whether they are still a family. If you didnt know that then be put on notice that although the Chicago White Sox have had hundreds of ballplayers only 9 men at a time ----get to actively participate!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:well i dont know why you guys fight over how many memebers there, the fbi, mob watchers and experts are never gonna know the true number ok. Every year the number changes people go to prison, die, get made and and retired or are shelved since the family sercrets trial in 2005 it was around 50 made members its changed in the last five years to higher or less than 50 already so why you guys fight i have no idea techinically your both not right but Westside has the closer guess

The colombo crime family made 6 guys in 2009 but with recent indicments its changed it changes every month every year
At this point the question is, why talk to mayugastank about anything. I mean, here's a guy who I have had to correct literally dozens of times. If one were to go back through his posts, you could make a huge list of examples of incorrect things he said. Yet he acts like he knows what he's talking about. He ignores whatever facts are put in front of his face. His so called research doesn't go beyond what he can find in a quick Google search. He just repeats his same few talking points over and over again. He's not interested in the truth. Just in trying to win an argument. I'm done with him. He's a waste of time.

And just for the record, on this particular issue, mayugastank would have more of an argument if he bothered to clarify that he's only going by active members - even though there's really no way to know that. But he doesn't do that. He just says the Outfit has X number of members, implying that the ones who are inactive or in prison some how don't count anymore. Basically making up his own definition of what a member is. It's a good example of what he's done repeatedly. The facts don't support his argument so he just starts making his own facts up.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 16th, 2011, 10:49 pm

ice.............
The colombo crime family made 6 guys in 2009 but with recent indicments its changed it changes every month every year"

LINK?

icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 78
Joined: March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » February 17th, 2011, 8:11 pm

hey douche where the hell is all these links saying chicago mob only has 25-28 made members and they completely legitimate why don't you show me and westside those links

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 17th, 2011, 9:29 pm

READ the transcripts DIPSHIT!.....your about as dumb as wetside inflating numbers pumping up a defunct organization. How about the story of Harry ALeman who contends that those prosecuted were prosecuted on their previous behaviour............notice how the family secrets trial goes back to the 1980s? if they were active theird be cases here and now..not to mention the fact that the FBIs estimates were for 25-30 members (already posted a dozen times!) somehow I am to believe you and wetside know more then Nick Calabrese and the FBI. If your read the book youd see that they werent not kicking up to any boss! well for sure the Frank Calabrese crew wasnt. If you read the book and Frank Calabreses' sons' testimony youd know that Frank wanted his son made BADLY....but the family had not made any new members in a very long time and Nick said he was the last! I shouldnt have to prove whats known you should have to prove what isnt!!! Based on the FBI estimates we know they have said their are between 25-30 members........PROVE THAT THEIR IS MORE............should be the proof asked for! PROVE that they are still making members since 1990! I even gave you 6 years since Nick said they stopped in 1984.........the burden of proof lies on you and westside --------youve both exaggerated by 50% the total membership roles that the FBI has......FOR NOW...............we have the FBIs testimony and Nick Calabrese testimony and thats it and thats ALL.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 17th, 2011, 9:38 pm

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:hey douche where the hell is all these links saying chicago mob only has 25-28 made members and they completely legitimate why don't you show me and westside those links
A while back I provided him with a list of estimates (with links) to the Outfits membership. Of course, rather than taking an objective look at all of them, mayugastank immediately went with the smaller estimates because he felt they supported his opinion about the modern day Chicago mob. He has based his whole argument on a theory that the FBI was only pulling estimates out of thin air before Nick Calabrese set them straight, after which the estimates became lower. But the problem is, Calabrese himself identified 60 Outfit members. To get around this little dilemma, mayugastank started to argue that only active guys on the street should really be considered when talking about members. As if some how the ones that are inactive or in prison don't count any more. Basically trying to make up his own definition of what a member is.

As I keep saying, if you look at all the estimates over the past decade, you get a wide range 25...28...30...50...60. Also the estimate of 47 names that the FBI reportedly released to the local press in Chicago several years ago. This naturally leads to questions about which ones are right. If you consider the level of ongoing mob activity in Chicago (which maygastank does not), as well as the comparative sizes of families and their activity in other cities (which mayugastank does not), one can argue that the chances the Outfit only has 25-30 members is pretty slim. After all, Detroit still has that many and it has nowhere near the activity the Outfit does. An objective look at the facts, without an agenda, leads one to believe that the total current Outfit membership is probably around 50 or so.

Also, don't buy into mayugastank's BS about reading the transcripts. I've read the court transcripts on the case and there is nothing in there to support what mayugastank says. Neither in any of the two books written on the case either. He's a liar.

http://www.ipsn.org/indictments/indictm ... efault.htm
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/hot/familySecrets.html
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/indict/ ... ecrets.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secrets-Ca ... 1556527810
http://www.amazon.com/Family-Affair-Tre ... 0425228312



December 2000 -
While the Outfit once claimed hundreds of inducted, or "made," members, today that figure has dwindled to perhaps 50.
http://www.laborers.org/ChicagoMag_Moblite_12_00.htm

August 2002 -
In the 1980s, the Chicago mob had roughly 200 "made" members, each of whom ran his own various illegal businesses. Today, according to the FBI, the mob is down to about 50 made members.
http://www.ipsn.org/characters/new_outfit.htm

May 2005 -
The FBI estimates that Chicago now only has 25 "made" members and another 75 organized crime associates. Federal authorities said that 15 years ago the mob had 50 "made" members and as many as 400 associates.
http://www.labor-unions.net/newspapers/ ... on_mob.htm

September 2007 -
Robert D. Grant, special agent in charge of the FBI's Chicago office, said the city is still plagued by 28 "made guys" and more than 100 associates who do the dirty work but are in the mob's inner circle.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... 3147_x.htm

September 2007
We have dozens of open investigations,' John Mallul, supervisor of the FBI's organized crime unit in Chicago, said in an interview.....Mallul estimates the Outfit has about 30 'made' members and a little more than 100 associates.
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169287805.html

March 2009 -
In addition to the 14 murders, Calabrese confessed to, he told prosecutors about 60 names of made men in the Outfit.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/mob/2009/03/w ... _abou.html

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 17th, 2011, 11:53 pm

In 2003 the Chicago Tribune reported that Nick "nicky breeze" Calabrese had begun talking to FBI agents.
In 2003 The FBI estimates of the Chicago mob were 50 .

In 2005 The family Secrets Trial led to 12 organized crime members
In 2005 The FBI estimates of the Chicago mob were 25 made members

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WHY SAY YOU WHY ? Why did the FBI change their estimates from 50 to 25 members in 2 years? Surely it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Offically Nick Calabrese was now cooperating and Officially it was no longer a secret?

We have dozens of open investigations open against the chicago mob" ( sort of like the family secrets trial where people were indicted on cold case murders?"

The chicago mob has about 30 members says John Maull.........."about" sounds close to 28 doesnt it?

WHY would Nick Calabrese name 60 made members YET DESPITE THIS the FBI names 25-28? could it be that out of those 60 ..............25-28 were still actually involved in the life instead of say " living in Palm Springs and enjoying their last years on earth like say Accardo? or could it be that guys like insert name here" " after doing 10-15 years got out and went straight or just didnt know the same people who were around when he left?

James Marcello---"do you think that guys a somebody?' ...........you best believe he is a somebody!.........what does this mean besides the fact that whoever was asking wasnt familiar with the man---a man who is a dam legend? That he was gone so long people forgot him-that whoever asked was a NEW BLOOD.

The mob in chicago desintegrated and its obvious to anyone that even the family secrets trial was a stretch and a trial on prior bad behaviour........James Marcello-Joey Lombardo-Frank Calbrese were the only 3 made men of that indictment. Even the son of Ferriola wasnt made and had to be schooled on mob protocol and behaviour.

You go ahead and inflate the numbers YET despite this your chart lists 30 members of which up to 6 were incarcerated for long periods of time and who knows how many were retired! Joey the Clown was surely retired when he was indicted in the Family Secrets Trial. In hundreds of hours of survelliance NOT ONCE was he overheard speaking mob business---in fact he was talked about as grandfatherly and a neighborhood oddity! to the days when the Chicago mob was a force.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2011, 12:01 am

Also, don't buy into mayugastank's BS about reading the transcripts. I've read the court transcripts on the case and there is nothing in there to support what mayugastank says. Neither in any of the two books written on the case either. He's a liar.




REALLY? so the book didnt say that Nick Calabrese said he was one of the last members that he knew about who were 'made'?
It doesnt say that the Frank Calabrese crew was no longer kicking up ?\
It doesnt say that Frank Calabreses' crew no longer met with the top brass? No Nose or others?
It doesnt say that Frank wanted to make his son badly? but that they werent making 'new guys?'

What fucking book did you read?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2011, 12:06 am

QUESTION OF THE FORUM: ANSWER IT AND YOU WIN.

Why would Nick Calabrese name 60 members of the Outfit --------------while the FBI names 25-30? Something is amiss......we have got a differential of 50%........

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2011, 5:07 am

mayugastank would have more of an argument if he bothered to clarify that he's only going by active members .............................


OKAY -thats exactly what I am doing---thats what you should be doing also when debating the strength of the Mob in any setting!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 18th, 2011, 7:50 am


thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 18th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Just for the record, the 1983 ceremony was not the last known one in the Outfit....


Guys made in the 1983 ceremony included Rocky Infelise, James Marcello, Frank Calabrese, Nick Calabrese, and Albert Tocco.

Guys made in a 1988/1989 ceremony included Salvatore DeLaurentis, Gerry Scarpelli, and - if I'm not mistaken - Louis Marino. I might be forgetting others.

And there has been some discrepancy whether John Matassa was made in the 1983 or 1988/1989.

icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 78
Joined: March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » February 21st, 2011, 2:51 pm

the chicago mob has 50-60 made members there is just as many articles saying the mob has 50 members as they are saying theres 25-30 also that would be some type of record
Fact: chicago mob had 200 made memebers in the 1980s
Fact: Bonannos 1980s- 150-190 made members/Now: 115-130 made members
Genovese-1980s- 250-300 or so/Now: 200-270 made members
Gambino-1980s-250-300/Now: 210-240 made members
Colombo-1980s-120-140/Now: 80-100 made members
Lucchese-1980s-130-155/Now: 100-140 made members
New England mob-70-85/Now: 50 made members
Decavalcante Family- 80s and 90s)60-70 members/Now: 50 made members
Philadelphia Family- 80 or so members/Now: about 55 with 25 active made members

The mob numbers have diminshed but the chicago mob didn't fall from 200 made members to 30 made members in just 30 years that would be the best attack against an organized crime family in FBI history. The mob is at the point where it can replace members who die and around Christmas make some more and have a few other guys made at various times. The New York mob has been relatively the same size since the 1990s and mob families don't drop their membership that fast also considering at one time the chicago mob was just as powerful as some of the New York families and is still very active in gambling and loansharking.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3036
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by thewestside » February 21st, 2011, 11:55 pm

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:the chicago mob has 50-60 made members there is just as many articles saying the mob has 50 members as they are saying theres 25-30 also that would be some type of record
Fact: chicago mob had 200 made memebers in the 1980s
Fact: Bonannos 1980s- 150-190 made members/Now: 115-130 made members
Genovese-1980s- 250-300 or so/Now: 200-270 made members
Gambino-1980s-250-300/Now: 210-240 made members
Colombo-1980s-120-140/Now: 80-100 made members
Lucchese-1980s-130-155/Now: 100-140 made members
New England mob-70-85/Now: 50 made members
Decavalcante Family- 80s and 90s)60-70 members/Now: 50 made members
Philadelphia Family- 80 or so members/Now: about 55 with 25 active made members

The mob numbers have diminshed but the chicago mob didn't fall from 200 made members to 30 made members in just 30 years that would be the best attack against an organized crime family in FBI history. The mob is at the point where it can replace members who die and around Christmas make some more and have a few other guys made at various times. The New York mob has been relatively the same size since the 1990s and mob families don't drop their membership that fast also considering at one time the chicago mob was just as powerful as some of the New York families and is still very active in gambling and loansharking.
Generally speaking, estimates before the 1980's are not as reliable. But I'm not sure the Outfit had 200 members by the 1980's. Because of the unique situation regarding made guys in Chicago for many years, they've always been harder to read. According to a poster on another forum who many consider the most informed on the Chicago Outfit, it supposedly reached its peak of 150 members in the 1970's. I've seen that same 190 estimate by the feds for the Bonannos back in the 1980's. Judging by the fact that it conflicts with several other estimates both before and after, as it's way to high, I don't think they were that big. In fact, going into the 1990's the FBI combined the Bonanno squad with the Colombo squad because of the weakened state they were in. I also saw those 260 and 270 figures in one particular article a couple years ago for the Genovese and Gambino families. That's likely too high. Most estimates, including ones directly stated in press releases of indictments, put both families at about 200 members. The Luccheses, Colombos, and Bonannos are each at about 100.

It basically breaks down like this as far as the remaining viable families are concerned....

2 Large Families - Genovese, Gambino (approx. 200 members each)

3 Medium Sized Families - Lucchese, Colombo, Bonanno (approx. 100 members each)

4 Small Families - New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago (approx. 50 members each)

Abbysam007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: December 18th, 2013, 9:48 pm
Country: Albania
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: uk

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by Abbysam007 » December 18th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Joel "Joe Waverly" Cacace/IP Richard "Ritchie Nerves" Fusco/UI

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1062
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: 2011 Colombo Family

Unread post by bumperjack » April 17th, 2014, 6:44 am

You guys are good with the history, but you need to take the word RETIRE, SEMI-RETIRED out of your vocabulary when your talking about blood in blood out made members in any "gang or clique" just like someone stated if they are active, non- active, they remain members until they either flip or die period end of story...BUMPERJACK666 8)

Post Reply

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”