Question I Have

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Question I Have

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » January 28th, 2012, 4:11 pm

I Came acroos the blog of Joseph Fosco and he had an interview with Michael Magnafici who has been retired from the outfit for 10 years and they talk about how John Difronzo is an informant and i was just wondering if this was all true heres the link

http://americannewspost.com/joseph-fosc ... agnafichi/

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Question I Have

Unread post by thewestside » January 29th, 2012, 12:31 am

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:I Came acroos the blog of Joseph Fosco and he had an interview with Michael Magnafici who has been retired from the outfit for 10 years and they talk about how John Difronzo is an informant and i was just wondering if this was all true heres the link

http://americannewspost.com/joseph-fosc ... agnafichi/
Yeah, I saw that a while back. If you read Fosco's blog over time, you'll see that he doesn't care for DiFronzo at all. Magnafichi apparently had a falling out with him too. It was interesting that DiFronzo wasn't charged in the "Family Secrets" case. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's a rat.

icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » January 29th, 2012, 1:32 am

yeh i found it weird because isn't Michael Magnaficci a current made member and why would he give an interview ? Also what would a current Chicago chart look like?

Also by my research Detroit is still a viable family and engaging in bookmaking, loansharking, and gambling but some tend to disagree but there level of activity seems to go under the radar and what would a chart of detroit look like?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 29th, 2012, 1:41 am

icegoodbarbPresident wrote:yeh i found it weird because isn't Michael Magnaficci a current made member and why would he give an interview ? Also what would a current Chicago chart look like?
Magnafichi says he is retired. So I guess he felt he could give an interview, of sorts, for the same reason Gotti Jr. did. Some things he would discuss and others he wouldn't.
Also by my research Detroit is still a viable family and engaging in bookmaking, loansharking, and gambling but some tend to disagree but there level of activity seems to go under the radar and what would a chart of detroit look like?
There's been relatively little mob activity in Detroit over the past decade. There was the gambling and loansharking bust involving 15 people back in 2006. But that was 10 years after the last big bust before that. I'd be willing to bet we won't see another case like the one in 1996. And there's been a few other things, like some connected guys involved in a point shaving scheme and the D'Annas assaulting a rival restaurant owner. Bottom line, there's not much evidence to support the belief some have that Detroit still going strong under the radar.

As for charts, that depends on which ones you go with. Like I said, you should sign up for the Real Deal forum. I could provide an invite if you want. Or you could try the Gangstersbb forum. You'll find those boards a lot more informative about the mob than this one.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 29th, 2012, 3:47 pm

icegoodbarbPresident - send me a PM

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”