brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

User avatar
blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 10:03 am
Location: new jersey (originaly from L.A)

brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby blakman » March 15th, 2004, 7:15 pm

I would just like to plead with you brothas to stop killing each other like this. All this my set is better and harder then your set, is not doing anything for our people. I would love for every single brother reading this right now, to just stop for a minute, and think about what this lifestyle has done and is doing to the black community all over the country and ask yourself, is it worth it???? All this killing that's going on in the black communities all over, is it really worth it??????

As a black man, I definently feel your anger and rage at how society as really done us wrong, but getting guns and then turning them against each other is just crazy and stupide if you really think about it. We are mentaly enslaved still to this very day, and I am just appealing to you brothers to wake up and open your eyes man. This white society and this white government won't stop it for us. Just think about this for a minute, would the government of the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" sit by and watch white males get guns and just blow themeselves away in record numbers year after year without doing everything they could do to stop it???? HELL NO !!!!! So why do they let it happen in the black community? Because like a famous rapper ones said ( tupac, rest in peace ) THEY DON'T GIVE A FU_K ABOUT US. The truth is, the only people who are going to stop us from killing each other is guess who?? Yes, it's us and us alone.

We really need to start teaching this younger generations that this just isn't the life you want to chose for yourself man, because all we're doing is repeating the same cycle over and over and over again man, without an end in site. We need to break the cycle before it kills us all.
Peace.

kevmac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 159
Joined: September 18th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby kevmac » March 15th, 2004, 8:42 pm

Boop.. Bop... Bink... upside the head...unfortunately many of us will sleep through it. We are accustomed to going to sleep listening to the sound of helicopters, trains, gunshots, and sirens and waking up to cowbells and the words, 'chow time'.

Personally, I have always had a problem with my temper although I have a keen sense to laugh off some things that would pi$$ others off. I say that to say, I can laugh off verbal attacks and the questioning of my character, but sometimes the littlest things get under my skin. Some things never change man....I want the violence to stop too, but you can only lead a horse to the water, you can't make it drink.

I said it before and i'll say it again, black folks never want to try anything until they see somebody else do it and make it work. So until our Gee's get for real with it, preach it and teach it, the new generation of hardheads gonna continue to rip stuff up and keep their turf on the map.

I doubt this post will have an effect on anybody, several of us have done post like this before and they become the shortest subjects in this forum. Thats real talk though, post more of these and maybe you might spark a lil sumptin' sumptin'.
Last edited by kevmac on March 15th, 2004, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unknown1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 1:23 pm
Location: east coast

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby unknown1 » March 15th, 2004, 8:44 pm

Well,
First off, gangs are glorified like hell.
All you gotta do is watch BET. It's all fun N' Games, and drinking Moet (or whatever's the hot Sh*t right now).
Second
If everyone stopped banging, then what. The reasons why "they" bang vary from person to person, but the overall theme is the breakdown of the family and society. If they stopped banging, then where would the money come from. You must look to society. When people with Bachelors and Masters degree's can't get jobs, it's hard to make ends meet. All the jobs are being sent overseas. Crime has a direct corellation with the economy. Reaganomics destroyed the black infrastructure. Like Tupac said, "they got money for wars but can't feed the poor." This society, run by a white man, has put that white man in a position of having all the advantages, and the brown and black man in a postition of having all the disavantages. The Effect of what you see now is no more than the structured elimination of the black community. One must understand the cause to be able to understand the effect. I could write a book on the causes. Everybody can see the effect.

Third, there is a lack of guidance. When the people you look up to, are the people telling you the most detrimental sh*t, and their is no counterbalance, then you're going to follow the person who you admire.

I could go on and on Bro. Honestly, nowdays I just sit back and wait for the oncoming apocalypse. Cause truthfully, and I really don't mean any harm, I try to do my part, but truthfully like Pac also said, "the truth is, their ain't no hope for the future." Man, we had a real chance in the 70's, but now things are too far gone. I think us as Black people have passed the point of no return.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: February 18th, 2004, 10:19 am

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Conman » March 15th, 2004, 8:46 pm

blakman wrote:I would just like to plead with you brothas to stop killing each other like this. All this my set is better and harder then your set, is not doing anything for our people. I would love for every single brother reading this right now, to just stop for a minute, and think about what this lifestyle has done and is doing to the black community all over the country and ask yourself, is it worth it???? All this killing that's going on in the black communities all over, is it really worth it??????

As a black man, I definently feel your anger and rage at how society as really done us wrong, but getting guns and then turning them against each other is just crazy and stupide if you really think about it. We are mentaly enslaved still to this very day, and I am just appealing to you brothers to wake up and open your eyes man. This white society and this white government won't stop it for us. Just think about this for a minute, would the government of the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" sit by and watch white males get guns and just blow themeselves away in record numbers year after year without doing everything they could do to stop it???? HELL NO !!!!! So why do they let it happen in the black community? Because like a famous rapper ones said ( tupac, rest in peace ) THEY DON'T GIVE A FU_K ABOUT US. The truth is, the only people who are going to stop us from killing each other is guess who?? Yes, it's us and us alone.

We really need to start teaching this younger generations that this just isn't the life you want to chose for yourself man, because all we're doing is repeating the same cycle over and over and over again man, without an end in site. We need to break the cycle before it kills us all.
Peace.


^^^^Keep the hope alive...

Good post

unknown1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 1:23 pm
Location: east coast

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby unknown1 » March 15th, 2004, 8:49 pm

Kevmac,
It's the White man's society, which has the Black man brainwashed to think that Blacks are only followers. We have tried to rise through 400 years of inhumanity, and they have fought us tooth and nail for EVERYTHING, EVER F*****ING step of the way. And everything that was real and was positive and true has been turned against us, even in our own minds.

I hear black people say, "well black people are lazy."
If they understood, Black people systematically built this country from the ground up, and for nothing. In cotton fields all day, no pay, back breaking work, while a white man sat on a horse and drank lemonade. Yet, we have been made to believe that WE, and not them are the lazy ones. We were brought here to do the work that they DID NOT want to do.

Ever try winning a game when somebody else consistenly changes the rules, whenever you seem to be on the verge of gaining an advantage.
Can't win in a game, when someone else has the power of being able to change the rules at a moments notice.

kevmac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 159
Joined: September 18th, 2003, 2:17 pm

DELETE

Unread postby kevmac » March 15th, 2004, 9:18 pm

X
Last edited by kevmac on April 17th, 2004, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 10:03 am
Location: new jersey (originaly from L.A)

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby blakman » March 15th, 2004, 10:39 pm

I ear alot of what you guys are saying, but you just can't give up on yourself and on your people man. I will say that sh_t is looking real bleak right now for black people but the one thing you can't let society take away from you is the hope of a brighter futur. I don't know if you guys no this but our people are suffering all over the country man. Brothers in NEW-YORK CITY can't find jobs right now. Think about this, 1 out of 2 black male are out of a job right now just in NEW-YORK CITY. The unemployment rate for whites in the UNITED STATS OF AMERICA is running at 5% right now, but for blacks it is running at 10% right now. Now ask yourself, how is that possible, since blacks only make up 13% of the population????

This sh_t is taking place in Cali and all over the country man. We all know that whites don't want to hire blacks for jobs especially black men because they say we are difficult, but if we can't find jobs to support ourselves, what do they want us to do to be able to support ourselves and our families??? The funny thing is that, you're going to get more brothers standing on corner selling drugs to try and support himself or is family and when he goes to jail and comes back out into society, you're going to start earing whites say sh_t like: "we can hire blacks because most of theme have criminal records and that is why they can get jobs". Which we all know is bullsh_t anyways, killing ourselves is not the answer man foreal man.That's why I said that we are still in mental slavery, we are still doing what they have programmed us to do.

I would suggest to all the brothers in here to read the willy lynch story, because it is very realivent to what is going on right now in our communities and in our minds man!!!! I know that alot of you brothers know about this story, but if you know some other brothers that you know have no clue about that story,then you need to tell him or her to look it up. You know how it go, "each one teach one"!!! Drop the guns and increase the peace man and it all starts in you . Be better then what people expect you to be!!!

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 41
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: www.califaz.com
Contact:

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 9:10 pm

WOW. I never knew there are other people like me (putting down the guns). Gangs are a good thing if they have a firm ruler. When I gain more power, I'll make a promise to make things right (end the violence) or die trying.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Noog » April 8th, 2004, 3:58 am

Big up, my positive bro's. THERE IS HOPE. Always. For ever. In the darkest night, a fire burns which can never be extinguished, the light of human souls. Every time a man put down a gun and starts to think about another way, then hope is born, maybe like a tiny little spring shoot, but its hope, pure hope. Black people aren't lazy inherently, dont believe the propaganda, the racist stereotyping, dont let the generations of hate infest our souls anymore. You are conscious, you can spread your consciousness to the up and comin little youts who are the hardheads of tommorrow. Write off the ghetto? cant be done, rennaisance is always my dream. Dream and dream again. Every change in this world began with an idea, every change without exception. Dare to dream, Dare to hope. HAve the heart and balls to hope in the face of hopelessness. Dream in the place of broken dreams. Think the unthinkable. Do the as yet not done. Stand up, stand up and be counted. Lets not wait like passive zombies for the coming apocalypse, when apocalypse can be averted. There s a big difference between fate and destiny.....It goes like this....If we feel fated, we sit back thinking, 'what the f*** can I do? tings are written in stone, aint gonna be no change', or instead destiny, which means that if WE ARE HARD WORKING ENOUGH, AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH (thats going for it, not violence) and LUCKY ENOUGH, we will get there...Luck always follows when hearts and souls begin to believe again....LOVE AND PEACE

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Noog » April 8th, 2004, 3:58 am

Big up, my positive bro's. THERE IS HOPE. Always. For ever. In the darkest night, a fire burns which can never be extinguished, the light of human souls. Every time a man put down a gun and starts to think about another way, then hope is born, maybe like a tiny little spring shoot, but its hope, pure hope. Black people aren't lazy inherently, dont believe the propaganda, the racist stereotyping, dont let the generations of hate infest our souls anymore. You are conscious, you can spread your consciousness to the up and comin little youts who are the hardheads of tommorrow. Write off the ghetto? cant be done, rennaisance is always my dream. Dream and dream again. Every change in this world began with an idea, every change without exception. Dare to dream, Dare to hope. HAve the heart and balls to hope in the face of hopelessness. Dream in the place of broken dreams. Think the unthinkable. Do the as yet not done. Stand up, stand up and be counted. Lets not wait like passive zombies for the coming apocalypse, when apocalypse can be averted. There s a big difference between fate and destiny.....It goes like this....If we feel fated, we sit back thinking, 'what the f*** can I do? tings are written in stone, aint gonna be no change', or instead destiny, which means that if WE ARE HARD WORKING ENOUGH, AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH (thats going for it, not violence) and LUCKY ENOUGH, we will get there...Luck always follows when hearts and souls begin to believe again....LOVE AND PEACE

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 41
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: www.califaz.com
Contact:

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby bluecollar » April 8th, 2004, 7:25 am

blakman wrote:I ear alot of what you guys are saying, but you just can't give up on yourself and on your people man. I will say that sh_t is looking real bleak right now for black people but the one thing you can't let society take away from you is the hope of a brighter futur. I don't know if you guys no this but our people are suffering all over the country man. Brothers in NEW-YORK CITY can't find jobs right now. Think about this, 1 out of 2 black male are out of a job right now just in NEW-YORK CITY. The unemployment rate for whites in the UNITED STATS OF AMERICA is running at 5% right now, but for blacks it is running at 10% right now. Now ask yourself, how is that possible, since blacks only make up 13% of the population????

This sh_t is taking place in Cali and all over the country man. We all know that whites don't want to hire blacks for jobs especially black men because they say we are difficult, but if we can't find jobs to support ourselves, what do they want us to do to be able to support ourselves and our families??? The funny thing is that, you're going to get more brothers standing on corner selling drugs to try and support himself or is family and when he goes to jail and comes back out into society, you're going to start earing whites say sh_t like: "we can hire blacks because most of theme have criminal records and that is why they can get jobs". Which we all know is bullsh_t anyways, killing ourselves is not the answer man foreal man.That's why I said that we are still in mental slavery, we are still doing what they have programmed us to do.

I would suggest to all the brothers in here to read the willy lynch story, because it is very realivent to what is going on right now in our communities and in our minds man!!!! I know that alot of you brothers know about this story, but if you know some other brothers that you know have no clue about that story,then you need to tell him or her to look it up. You know how it go, "each one teach one"!!! Drop the guns and increase the peace man and it all starts in you . Be better then what people expect you to be!!!


I think blacks and hispanics need to have a wake up call. In middle class households, whites and asians encourage (or force) their kids to go into about 4 professions, they are engineering, medical school, law school, and business. Although the liberal arts have merit also, the employment rate for their professions (History, English, sociology, psychology) is dismal. Not to mention, blacks and hispanics can get scholarships in engineering into schools because there are so few blacks and hispanics in higher education especially in the engineering and the medical spectrum.

So enough talk about what you should do . . . let me give you things to do to improve your lives ->

So you suck at math? Really? How so? Most people are bad at math/science because they either refuse to read the books or refuse to try all the problems. You don't have to be a genius to make it through calculus although you do have to be reasonably studious. What does it mean to be studious? It means studying every day a certain amount of time for each class and working all assigned problems in each class. This also includes studying for tests and the like.

Need help with math/science now? Here are some good websites that I participate on (under a different username) where you can either read material or ask questions.

http://www.sosmath.com
http://www.purplemath.com <-sounds kiddy but isn't
http://www.mathforum.com/students/index.html
http://www.gomath.com/

All of these sites either have a free tutoring service or provide problems for you to solve with answers provided.

If you think this "road" is too hard . . . just remember how blacks and hispanics are seen in the society . . . the "dumb ones." So many a time have I heard some white middle class person say "look at the Dirty Mexicans working on the road" and "do you notice their are only black garbage men and janitors." So many times have I wanted to punch them in their face for the "dirty mexican" comment especially.

So, in essence, you need to break barriers and try harder. Otherwise, whites and asians are going to continue living well as engineers, etc . . . while "we"(blacks and hispanics) suffer in the worst low paying jobs out there.


"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."-Theodore Roosevelt


With Regards,

bluecollar

Guest

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Guest » April 17th, 2004, 7:36 am

you all have great points and I agree with all of them. But I dont kno if it wud be possible to rid bangin because like sumone else said, how are we gon get our money if we aint bangin n hustlin???? Sum of us dont have a highskool degree or even dropped out before highskool. There aint no room for ppl that us in the white mans environment, so wut do we do???? Keep killin and just say fucc it, aint nothin eva gon change so y try??? Or if ur a leader we can tryn change it no matter wut the outcome is.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby wcrockets » April 17th, 2004, 9:07 am

I've seen lots of homies get up $250 go over to Victory High School with a good attitude (attitude counts) and test out of their high school diploma. It's not hard. I've seen guys that dropped out of the 5th grade that were deep as you can imagine coming out of prison get their high school diploma here in a couple days and then afterwards some called their local college's admissions department who showed them how to get grants and loans and go to college, some just up and joined the military, and some got work, and some just went to a trade school and became a repair tech etc.. Once the diploma was in hand they went out and did things. These guys didn't just throw up their hands and say "I'm doomed." They went and did it. And so should you.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Common Sense » April 17th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Victory High School....Start Monday.

Start working on your H.S. diploma ........ 818 781-1872 ext. 35


You know ....you have more control over life than you think you do. If you truly want to start gettin' over...you can start today.

schme
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 38
Joined: February 14th, 2004, 7:11 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby schme » April 18th, 2004, 2:32 pm

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I ear alot of what you guys are saying, but you just can't give up on yourself and on your people man. I will say that sh_t is looking real bleak right now for black people but the one thing you can't let society take away from you is the hope of a brighter futur. I don't know if you guys no this but our people are suffering all over the country man. Brothers in NEW-YORK CITY can't find jobs right now. Think about this, 1 out of 2 black male are out of a job right now just in NEW-YORK CITY. The unemployment rate for whites in the UNITED STATS OF AMERICA is running at 5% right now, but for blacks it is running at 10% right now. Now ask yourself, how is that possible, since blacks only make up 13% of the population????

This sh_t is taking place in Cali and all over the country man. We all know that whites don't want to hire blacks for jobs especially black men because they say we are difficult, but if we can't find jobs to support ourselves, what do they want us to do to be able to support ourselves and our families??? The funny thing is that, you're going to get more brothers standing on corner selling drugs to try and support himself or is family and when he goes to jail and comes back out into society, you're going to start earing whites say sh_t like: "we can hire blacks because most of theme have criminal records and that is why they can get jobs". Which we all know is bullsh_t anyways, killing ourselves is not the answer man foreal man.That's why I said that we are still in mental slavery, we are still doing what they have programmed us to do.

I would suggest to all the brothers in here to read the willy lynch story, because it is very realivent to what is going on right now in our communities and in our minds man!!!! I know that alot ofbrothers you know about this story, but if you know some other brothers that you know have no clue about that story,then you need to tell him or her to look it up. You know how it go, "each one teach one"!!! Drop the guns and increase the peace man and it all starts in you . Be better then what people expect you to be!!! "






Sorry I don't know how to use the quote button

Blackman is right.White people may have made it unfair and done tones of shit, but if you keep saying the whitemans holding u down, you'll never go anywhere.You have to try at least.

Guest

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Guest » April 18th, 2004, 6:23 pm

Peace lies within each one of us individually first....lets all work on it

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby wcrockets » April 22nd, 2004, 4:15 pm

What does that really mean anyways practically speaking. Sit around and puff a fatty while life passes you by? I certainly don't advocate that. Go get started homies.. you got the number. Peace.

User avatar
sayru
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 6:27 am
Location: conroe tx

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby sayru » May 7th, 2004, 12:20 pm

it's hard to do the right thing when people will try everything to stop you
im not racist but man look wut happen we had a powerfull future the BPP.
But when ever we get a leader or organization and start to prosper wut happens the goverment comes in and ends that BPP Martin luther king jr,Malcom X if we get a new leader new dream it wouldnt matter personally i think the whiteman made up crips and bloods after the bpp to keep ut apart UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Noog » May 21st, 2004, 8:25 am

Sayru - I understand the feeling coming from your script, and I dig that feeling, but - BIG BUT - the part where you wonder if whiteman made up crips and bloods to keep communities divided and therefore without access to real power and full community resources.... Well, in a sense you may be both right and wrong.

The successive governments of the USA have always been hostile to people living in the inner cities, ready to blame the people for their own poverty rather than look at the (racist) politics which are the root cause of every inner cities difficulties and sufferings. Successive governments have been institutionally racist for decades. Another truth is that those same policy makers are similarly hostile to poor whites as they are to poor blacks and poor hispanic people. Those politicians only become non-racist when money or power is involved.

So, you could say that the white dominated and decades long institutionally racist US administrations provided the context in which it would become likely that gangs such as Crips/ Bloods would evolve as a reaction to an intolerable set of social circumstances. Yes blad, the US governments and sdministrations are the unwitting creators of Crips/Bloods/ Whoever. The government didn't start those gangs, young men from the ghetto did. But they started because of the context.

Sayru - you are right and I support your view, that UNITED WE STAND< DIVIDED WE FALL. poverty, racism divide, people like you bring together. Do your thing. Peace.

User avatar
NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 299
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: NY Strong Island recently moved to Va

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby NYorker » June 10th, 2004, 7:25 pm

bluecollar wrote:
blakman wrote:I ear alot of what you guys are saying, but you just can't give up on yourself and on your people man. I will say that sh_t is looking real bleak right now for black people but the one thing you can't let society take away from you is the hope of a brighter futur. I don't know if you guys no this but our people are suffering all over the country man. Brothers in NEW-YORK CITY can't find jobs right now. Think about this, 1 out of 2 black male are out of a job right now just in NEW-YORK CITY. The unemployment rate for whites in the UNITED STATS OF AMERICA is running at 5% right now, but for blacks it is running at 10% right now. Now ask yourself, how is that possible, since blacks only make up 13% of the population????

This sh_t is taking place in Cali and all over the country man. We all know that whites don't want to hire blacks for jobs especially black men because they say we are difficult, but if we can't find jobs to support ourselves, what do they want us to do to be able to support ourselves and our families??? The funny thing is that, you're going to get more brothers standing on corner selling drugs to try and support himself or is family and when he goes to jail and comes back out into society, you're going to start earing whites say sh_t like: "we can hire blacks because most of theme have criminal records and that is why they can get jobs". Which we all know is bullsh_t anyways, killing ourselves is not the answer man foreal man.That's why I said that we are still in mental slavery, we are still doing what they have programmed us to do.

I would suggest to all the brothers in here to read the willy lynch story, because it is very realivent to what is going on right now in our communities and in our minds man!!!! I know that alot of you brothers know about this story, but if you know some other brothers that you know have no clue about that story,then you need to tell him or her to look it up. You know how it go, "each one teach one"!!! Drop the guns and increase the peace man and it all starts in you . Be better then what people expect you to be!!!


I think blacks and hispanics need to have a wake up call. In middle class households, whites and asians encourage (or force) their kids to go into about 4 professions, they are engineering, medical school, law school, and business. Although the liberal arts have merit also, the employment rate for their professions (History, English, sociology, psychology) is dismal. Not to mention, blacks and hispanics can get scholarships in engineering into schools because there are so few blacks and hispanics in higher education especially in the engineering and the medical spectrum.

So enough talk about what you should do . . . let me give you things to do to improve your lives ->

So you suck at math? Really? How so? Most people are bad at math/science because they either refuse to read the books or refuse to try all the problems. You don't have to be a genius to make it through calculus although you do have to be reasonably studious. What does it mean to be studious? It means studying every day a certain amount of time for each class and working all assigned problems in each class. This also includes studying for tests and the like.

Need help with math/science now? Here are some good websites that I participate on (under a different username) where you can either read material or ask questions.

http://www.sosmath.com
http://www.purplemath.com <-sounds kiddy but isn't
http://www.mathforum.com/students/index.html
http://www.gomath.com/

All of these sites either have a free tutoring service or provide problems for you to solve with answers provided.

If you think this "road" is too hard . . . just remember how blacks and hispanics are seen in the society . . . the "dumb ones." So many a time have I heard some white middle class person say "look at the Dirty Mexicans working on the road" and "do you notice their are only black garbage men and janitors." So many times have I wanted to punch them in their face for the "dirty mexican" comment especially.

So, in essence, you need to break barriers and try harder. Otherwise, whites and asians are going to continue living well as engineers, etc . . . while "we"(blacks and hispanics) suffer in the worst low paying jobs out there.


"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."-Theodore Roosevelt


With Regards,

bluecollar

Blue Collar.....YOU ARE A GOOD MAN!!!!! Nice resources!!!!! GREAT POST!!! We will collaborate soon I see.

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 41
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: www.califaz.com
Contact:

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby bluecollar » June 11th, 2004, 2:52 pm


Blue Collar.....YOU ARE A GOOD MAN!!!!! Nice resources!!!!! GREAT POST!!! We will collaborate soon I see.


I'll be glad too.

Here are more resources (general):

http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/math.html <-Help with math

http://www.chemicalforums.com <-Help with chemistry

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/success/notes.html <-Help with notetaking

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/studytools/ost.php4/md <-Help with math

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Subject%20Matter%20Files <- Help with chemistry

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Local%20 ... ls%20Sites <-study skills

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Educational%20Methods <-educational methods

I've got more (I have practically used all of them at one time).

http://www.number2.com <-Free SAT/GRE/ACT PREP!

ttyl

User avatar
NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 299
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: NY Strong Island recently moved to Va

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby NYorker » June 11th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:you all have great points and I agree with all of them. But I dont kno if it wud be possible to rid bangin because like sumone else said, how are we gon get our money if we aint bangin n hustlin???? Sum of us dont have a highskool degree or even dropped out before highskool. There aint no room for ppl that us in the white mans environment, so wut do we do???? Keep killin and just say fucc it, aint nothin eva gon change so y try??? Or if ur a leader we can tryn change it no matter wut the outcome is.

Maybe we should just give up there "guest" LOL Just say F it and keep killing ourselves, selling drugs and robbing people. "because we can't get our money" to blow on some BS!!!

User avatar
NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 299
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: NY Strong Island recently moved to Va

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby NYorker » June 11th, 2004, 6:18 pm

bluecollar wrote:

Blue Collar.....YOU ARE A GOOD MAN!!!!! Nice resources!!!!! GREAT POST!!! We will collaborate soon I see.


I'll be glad too.

Here are more resources (general):

http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/math.html <-Help with math

http://www.chemicalforums.com <-Help with chemistry

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/success/notes.html <-Help with notetaking

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/studytools/ost.php4/md <-Help with math

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Subject%20Matter%20Files <- Help with chemistry

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Local%20 ... ls%20Sites <-study skills

http://www.chemistrycoach.com/#Educational%20Methods <-educational methods

I've got more (I have practically used all of them at one time).

http://www.number2.com <-Free SAT/GRE/ACT PREP!

ttyl

You are alright hermano!!!!!!!! Maybe someone can benefit from this!

User avatar
hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 59
Joined: October 8th, 2004, 2:37 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby hkswb357 » January 20th, 2005, 7:07 pm

Well, I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed for saying this...but I'm going to say it anyways and word it to the best of my ability so as it does not sound racist but some of you will probably take it as a racist remark anyhow.

I agree with you in some ways. Yea there was slavery and the whites did make it extremely hard for the blacks during the time of slavery and all of that. And I can understand how that can be a factor and affect some things now.

But I don't agree with what some of you are doing and that is making it seem like all of your problems or all of the problems in your community right now are a direct result of the white man. I read some of your posts and it seems like you are blaming everything on whites and someone said that "oh the white people are trying to bring us down, the white government is trying to bring us down, the whites dont care if we shoot each other up and kill each other off, they dont care, the only ones who care is ourselves.

You are making it seem as if every single white person in america is a racist bastard and that just is not true at all. I mean I do agree that life is somewhat harder on blacks and hispanics than whites but still.

Anyways like I said, some of you will probably be like "oh he's just another racist white kid" but thats too far from the truth...

TmaaN

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby TmaaN » January 20th, 2005, 7:28 pm

The most beneficial thing a Black Man can do is “point his finger” at himself…

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Kemosave » January 20th, 2005, 10:19 pm

I would expand this to say the most beneficial thing any person can do is point a finger at themselves, at the universe surrounding them, and at reality beyond them. You get an A- for bringing this up. Peace.

User avatar
WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby WIP » January 22nd, 2005, 3:43 am

Kemosave wrote:I would expand this to say the most beneficial thing any person can do is point a finger at themselves, at the universe surrounding them, and at reality beyond them. You get an A- for bringing this up. Peace.


Yeah like Michael Moore huh Kemo?

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 9:40 pm

WIP wrote:
Kemosave wrote:I would expand this to say the most beneficial thing any person can do is point a finger at themselves, at the universe surrounding them, and at reality beyond them. You get an A- for bringing this up. Peace.


Yeah like Michael Moore huh Kemo?


I cannot tell if this is a question or sarcasism. If you don't wish to blow out your butt, then please be specific in your response. Abstract your reply better and bring sources and citations to support it. I wish to review it. Thank you.

User avatar
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3127
Joined: May 31st, 2004, 10:36 am
Country: Hong Kong, China
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby 'X' » March 7th, 2007, 12:43 am

blakman wrote:I would just like to plead with you brothas to stop killing each other like this. All this my set is better and harder then your set, is not doing anything for our people. I would love for every single brother reading this right now, to just stop for a minute, and think about what this lifestyle has done and is doing to the black community all over the country and ask yourself, is it worth it???? All this killing that's going on in the black communities all over, is it really worth it??????

As a black man, I definently feel your anger and rage at how society as really done us wrong, but getting guns and then turning them against each other is just crazy and stupide if you really think about it. We are mentaly enslaved still to this very day, and I am just appealing to you brothers to wake up and open your eyes man. This white society and this white government won't stop it for us. Just think about this for a minute, would the government of the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" sit by and watch white males get guns and just blow themeselves away in record numbers year after year without doing everything they could do to stop it???? HELL NO !!!!! So why do they let it happen in the black community? Because like a famous rapper ones said ( tupac, rest in peace ) THEY DON'T GIVE A FU_K ABOUT US. The truth is, the only people who are going to stop us from killing each other is guess who?? Yes, it's us and us alone.

We really need to start teaching this younger generations that this just isn't the life you want to chose for yourself man, because all we're doing is repeating the same cycle over and over and over again man, without an end in site. We need to break the cycle before it kills us all.
Peace.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread postby Noog » March 8th, 2007, 5:56 am

I cosign what blakman wrote, peace

alexsmith84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: July 25th, 2017, 7:07 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arizona
What city do you live in now?: Colorado City

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby alexsmith84 » July 25th, 2017, 7:09 am

Seems like you're just a sort a of a guy who really-really needs paper writing help :D

aida3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: August 22nd, 2017, 10:38 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: dubai
Location: uae
Contact:

Re: brothas need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby aida3 » August 22nd, 2017, 10:42 pm

Hi i am aida almasi what you shared ?











_________________
Latest Middle East News


Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests