what made you stop banging

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

in-my-closet

what made you stop banging

Unread post by in-my-closet » December 14th, 2003, 12:50 pm

you ill let yall no what made me stop banging when i hear some sh** from casper and the 1 homie who was letting me no about puttin in work for the hood at this age aint cool and like wattscrackin and people like that by the way i be known as baby freeze so you no let me no wats up

CaptainSaveAHoe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: what made you stop banging

Unread post by CaptainSaveAHoe » December 16th, 2003, 6:46 pm

What made me stop?

The fear or turning 30 with no real education.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » December 16th, 2003, 11:21 pm

it was a combination of things that made me stop, heres a few of them... doing over 22 years in the penal system, being shot on 4 seperate occasions, beating a 3 strikes case, getting a lil older, see'ing TOO MANY homies and road dogs getting took out the game...the list goes on and on...peace 8)

dmtsureno

Unread post by dmtsureno » January 3rd, 2004, 3:14 am

Dying the way all my homies did.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 3rd, 2004, 9:01 am

IF IT WAS FOR MY DEAD HOMIES WELL I WOULD HAVE NEVER STOP UNTIL ALL ENEMIES ARE EXTINCT OR UNTIL I JOIN ALL MY CLOSE HOMIES WHO ARE RESTIN IN PEACE ... BUT I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND A NEWBORN SON AND I DO MY BEST TO KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE WAR ZONE WERE I GREW UP ,ITS THE REASON WHY IM NOT HOME, AND I WILL KEEP MY ASS AWAY FROM HOME CAUSE I CANT STAY IN THE HOOD WITHOUT BANGIN AND BEING A SOLDIA FOR MY COMUNITY ....

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » January 3rd, 2004, 3:48 pm

I nearly died from the stuff I was in, with my injuries I have I find it hard to breathe sometimes, that was one thing realising that I don't wana die, seeing there was another way of life, going back to school to finish my education, seeing what was happening to my homiez, how they lost hope for the future, and then I fell in love which was some crazy stuff &that changed me alot to as the hood was no longer as important to me no more.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 7th, 2004, 6:22 pm

I believe you bgCASPER and StateRaised. You know that's real.

For me it was all about coming to my senses. I had been reading boxes and boxes of books from the libraries in SoCal for a couple years and one day I just rolled out of bed with the desire to step out of myself, my opinions/perspectives/beliefs/prejudices, etc.. and take a fresh look at the world around me and my own self. So I started exploring new places and meeting people (all kinds all races all ages) and taking the time to LISTEN instead of thinking I was bad and knew everything. It became apparent to me that I was so caught up in my little world that I was missing out on the BIG world.

So I sauntered up to the local junior college and got my first degree. Didn't have no money left over from my crummy job at the time so I did it on a grant and a loan. Graduated and got a better job. Then did the whole cycle over again twice more. Before I knew it I was a well adjusted successful person with an entirely different set of values, beliefs, and goals. Everything in my life had changed and I say for the better! I continue to grow and now I also give back.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 8th, 2004, 6:18 am

AND ALONSO WHAT MADE YOU STOP CLAIMIN' FRUIT TOWN BRIMS :wink:

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 8th, 2004, 10:31 am

bgCASPER wrote:AND ALONSO WHAT MADE YOU STOP CLAIMIN' FRUIT TOWN BRIMS :wink:
ahhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaa...now i see why the new color...lol.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 8th, 2004, 11:15 am

I figured that out from the get go. Mr. Alonso been hanging out with the real deal Madd Ronald a lot lately too.. lol. Don't get mad Alonso I'm just playing.

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » January 9th, 2004, 3:04 am

x
Last edited by BIG RUSTY on April 11th, 2004, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Rat

Unread post by King Rat » January 19th, 2004, 7:42 pm

DO YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO GROW UP WITH THE SAME ??????

iF YOU DONT PLEASE READ

http://WWW.KABBALAH.INFO

We can put a stop to all of this once and for all.

Krisdawson@postmaster.co.uk

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » January 19th, 2004, 7:44 pm

King Rat.

you posted once already. If people are interested they'll go read your post. No need to spam every thread.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 20th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Yeah stop posting that nonsense in here.

mroldskool206
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mroldskool206 » March 12th, 2004, 10:57 pm

Seeing all my homeboys gettin all messed up on Drugs and gettin shot and dyin, so I said damn I gotta get up out of here so I went to the MArines Corps and got my head on straight. In no way shape or form do I think IM better than my homeboys becuase I got out the gangs and got a career. I still go around the hood and kick it with them, Ya know even though I dONT BANG AND THEY DO there still family and i still got a lot of love for them, I just pray they get there stuff together and stay out that damn system.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 15th, 2004, 10:12 pm

i stoped bangin bekuz of the respect i have for my foster dad
all thies other kids strted moving in the houdse and they was actin dumb and stressin him out so i calmd down i wanted to get back at it but its like i lost all konfidence of doin it so now im just tryin to get out of school.
i remember when i got banged on by this big as nigga i dont know what gang he was from but the click he was from was WESTSIDE BOPGANG
he banged on me and for the first time i said i wasnt from no where
i regret saying that but it was about 16 other niggas with him but if somebody bang on me again i aint backin down like that agian.
if somebody come at me with that gang mess or talkin trash ima realy realy do them dirty it wont even be funny but until then im just tryin to get out of school and make this money by my self

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”