how can i learn to fight with out using a gun

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

thatghoust

how can i learn to fight with out using a gun

Unread post by thatghoust » February 12th, 2006, 7:24 pm

i need help what i gotta do

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » February 12th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Try to avoid fighting in the first place.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Re: how can i learn to fight with out using a gun

Unread post by Christina Marie » February 13th, 2006, 1:57 am

thatghoust wrote:i need help what i gotta do

Ok, first of all.....what is going on that you feel that you need to fight. Are you in fear for you're life? Without knowing the details of you're situation I would suggest talking to an adult you trust about this.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 13th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Search for Aikido, Yoshinkan Aikido (the other forms are very weak not, so make sure it's Yoshinkan or Yoshinkai)

To Christy and others worried we might teach him to abuse, Aikido has no offensive techniques, they are all ways of redirecting attacks that are thrown at you, so no harm in teaching him it, and it is teh most effective (the Yoshinkan form at least) system I have ever face, years of boxing pailed in comparison to this unqiue form of controlling an opponent's own movements.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » February 17th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Do you know how to fight? If not? Then you cannot learn. Self explanatory.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 18th, 2006, 3:41 pm

What you need to do?

1. Go to school. NOW
2. Since this is the weekend and monday is President's Day, whenever you're not in school study or play sports or find a hobby, learn how to play music or rap or sing or whatever
3. Tommorrow, got to church
4. STAY AWAY FROM WHOEVER IS FEEDING THIS BS

That's what you need to do

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 15th, 2006, 4:15 am

i believe that everyone should be able to fight for defensive reasons although you may never need it. But it is not that difficult to avoid fighting. I cant believe I made it though life this far with just a hand full of street fights. I used to box and I did martial arts for several years and had hundreds of fights in the ring or the dojo. But when looking back on life, I used to mind my own, never meddle with others, never try to stop a fight (unless its family), keep your mouth shut, and you wont have to worry about fighting. But you should know how in case you need to.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 15th, 2006, 10:03 pm

Wise words Alonso... wise words.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 22nd, 2006, 9:39 pm

id say take some boxing classes. martial arts might take longer to learn and its more complex but i think if you jus learn howto throw and dodge some good punches youll be ok. or carry some pepper spray or one of them tazer guns lol

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 22nd, 2006, 11:09 pm

Well we are on the subject, I remember certain people years ago on the block that did end up getting in trouble and having to do time in jail because after taking a couple years of MA and never properly integrating it into their lives in a positive way they acted out inappropriately.

Take a cue from their suffering and learn to integrate your training into your life in a positive way thereby making you a better person much less prone to violence: NOT more.

http://www.s-t.com/daily/11-96/11-24-96/m11wn193.htm

qbone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by qbone » March 24th, 2006, 1:14 am

just take what u feel is best for you cause if you can not take a punch u will not be able to take the arts so just use your mind and stay out the way but never think u can not protect your self do what u have to when u are confrounted with trouble just be wise and smart

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » March 26th, 2006, 3:19 am

you can learn to fight but if you aint got heart it aint gonna do you $hit. and always remember in the streets theres no such thing as a fair fight!

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » March 27th, 2006, 7:39 pm

SIMPLE DONT BE AFRAID TO GET A ASS--WHUPPING....U WIN SOME ,U LOSE SOME...U LIVE ANOTHER DAY.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 27th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I agree with the posts that say MA brings less violence and a sense of confidence in dangerous situations

But this is true MA that is so hard to find... many places are now commercialized and just pay and learn to kick @ss, which is the first thing that is wrong with this guy, because wasn't the the one asking to get in a click by fighting or what?

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”