Why you would never become a gangmember?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread postby Noog » June 19th, 2007, 7:27 am

Another tip here - I met a lad in his early 20's (I'm guessing, looked youngish) from LA, the Long Beach area somewhere, this weekend in Hackney. The guy wanted to stay here and not return to LA (he was going back in a week or so). So I was asking him what he liked about London and Hackney where he was staying with fam and how it compared to life in his area of LA. He said he had nothing to do with gangs and had never been involved, but gangs had impacted on his life and the lives of many people he knew and he wanted to move away from gang talk in our conversation, saying it was boring/uninteresting to him. What he said he observed and learned by being here was that it was much easier to avoid in London and to live a life as you want it. He also said that for him, peeps were more open minded in London than in LA, that in LA minds were more set in stone about this or that. He was a cool guy this man, first cat I've met from LA, intelligent, funny, but a long way from gangs...

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread postby Lonewolf » June 21st, 2007, 3:38 pm

Everyday you can run into people down here that feels the same about gangs ~~> "boring & don't wan't to talk about 'em" . . . Wether you're in L.A., So Cal or anywhere in Gangland U.S.A.. It ain't for everybody and "most" people don't care nor follow the streets. Most people "including" young people, follow all kinds of other diversions. There's all types of athmospheres and styles to sport. It ain't like the movies or how this site may sound sometimes, because in reality, the gang and it's world is not for all and is not followed by the majority. You can go to any school anywhere in L.A. County and you'll find young people doing good. Naturally many do follow the path, and for those that do, sh*t ain't easy, but its more like a lifestyle and not "a must" . . . Many do fall victim, and to many youngsters it may seem like there's no way out, but that has to do a lot as to how things are going for them, at home and in the brain, and if your brain is weak or you ain't got common sense, then it is that much easier to feel like there's nothing else for you out there and you fall into it, but I tell you this for sure, the street gangs ain't for the weak or for those who ain't got common sense, because the streets "require" that you wisen up and you wisen up quick, otherwise a victim of the streets you become sooner than later, be that to bullits, drugs, or the system, and the system loves you man, the system lives off of people that don't think, unfortunally many who clique up with the streets don't think on how to do things and they just go with the flow, but talk to all them old cats and they'll wisen you up on how to do things and not get caught, the problem is "most" want to be known and they want that aura of fame, but they ain't thinking, they just wanna-be gangsters, but they ain't gangsters, 'cause real gangsters "ARE SMART" they're businessmen, and you find those in the hood, and you find those in the high-rises, sometimes you find them in the pen, but you won't find them being stupid all the time.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread postby Noog » June 22nd, 2007, 4:12 am

Yep. Being a gang member doesn't betray a lack of intelligence as many assume, in fact as you say, intelligence is a big plus in that world, and for every reason, its the unintelligent who eat dust first. Being in a gang isn't about intelligence or lack of it, but about context and we live in a world where context is everything. He he, fuccc, the things mans can come up with!

User avatar
Garf
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 84
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Unread postby Garf » June 24th, 2007, 5:11 pm

woot~woot thats what I'm talking about props to my good boyz who played ball sun up to sun down with a bat by thier sides incase trouble came. My pops even was thinking about them the other day. Thats how they stayed out. Thank-you gentlemen.

User avatar
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Contact:

Unread postby Old Shatterhand » July 21st, 2007, 12:54 pm

That was the mentality a LONG time ago Garf. They didn't call themselves gangs in the old days much but clubs. Where are you from?

Garf wrote:woot~woot thats what I'm talking about props to my good boyz who played ball sun up to sun down with a bat by thier sides incase trouble came. My pops even was thinking about them the other day. Thats how they stayed out. Thank-you gentlemen.

User avatar
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Contact:

Unread postby Old Shatterhand » January 20th, 2008, 12:55 am

God, how true it is.

Lonewolf wrote:but I tell you this for sure, the street gangs ain't for the weak or for those who ain't got common sense, because the streets "require" that you wisen up and you wisen up quick, otherwise a victim of the streets you become sooner than later, be that to bullits, drugs, or the system, and the system loves you man, the system lives off of people that don't think.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 5:44 am
Location: mile high city

Unread postby andrew » April 2nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:Andrew,

Honestly (and with respect), who are you to qualify everyone's purpose for posting on this board? Some of us grew up in hell and found our peace and now work for a better world in the way in which we understand it can be. These people represent the majority of old time posters on this board and are a diverse lot including black, la raza, white, and asian (listed in no particular order): though we are a diverse lot with differing belief systems. Some go the other way. And some are just suburban posers whose gang banging is confined to suburbia (with few exception [like those wiggers just put on the set]). Yes it's a mixed bag in here and if you're honestly curious I understand that. Understand this, mostly it's a place where those who grew up on the streets of Los Angeles in a neighborhood where gangs existed educate wannabes. I'd say the positivity (prevention, intervention, education and awareness) outweights the negativity (attempting to build up gangs and keep it going) by a large margin. There's one honest answer. Where do you fall in the mix? You've lived that life and seem to be a real person. Are you ready to become part of the solution here, part of the ongoing problem here, or opt out alltogether?

andrew wrote:so anesis.....are you part of a gang?ad if not what the fu-- you doing on here with so many posts?

ha ha been a long time since i visited this thread......one the whiteboys we put on werent wiggers by any means.......they grew up here in a chicano hood but thier family moved......they have it all but still choose to come back and hang here.....i understand because this is where they grew up and where all the homies are.............but they had such a better opportunity most of us would kill for....big ass nice house away from all the BS....why would they want to join the team and try outsoldiering the soldiers?
and no....it ain t my site....i cant control who comes here.....but cant help to pissed at the reality that alot of suburban whites come here....pick a small obscure gang in some city far away and ask a few questions about it.....then go back to school and start claimin it........not only is that insanity but its a slap in the face to all who live that struggle

User avatar
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Contact:

Unread postby Old Shatterhand » May 13th, 2008, 10:51 am

Yes that's crazy when you look at it rationally like you just did Andrew. Real opportunity, the life changing kind, doesn't come around often. I wouldn't want to see people throw it away so they could hang out and get high either.

andrew wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:Andrew,

Honestly (and with respect), who are you to qualify everyone's purpose for posting on this board? Some of us grew up in hell and found our peace and now work for a better world in the way in which we understand it can be. These people represent the majority of old time posters on this board and are a diverse lot including black, la raza, white, and asian (listed in no particular order): though we are a diverse lot with differing belief systems. Some go the other way. And some are just suburban posers whose gang banging is confined to suburbia (with few exception [like those wiggers just put on the set]). Yes it's a mixed bag in here and if you're honestly curious I understand that. Understand this, mostly it's a place where those who grew up on the streets of Los Angeles in a neighborhood where gangs existed educate wannabes. I'd say the positivity (prevention, intervention, education and awareness) outweights the negativity (attempting to build up gangs and keep it going) by a large margin. There's one honest answer. Where do you fall in the mix? You've lived that life and seem to be a real person. Are you ready to become part of the solution here, part of the ongoing problem here, or opt out alltogether?

andrew wrote:so anesis.....are you part of a gang?ad if not what the fu-- you doing on here with so many posts?

ha ha been a long time since i visited this thread......one the whiteboys we put on werent wiggers by any means.......they grew up here in a chicano hood but thier family moved......they have it all but still choose to come back and hang here.....i understand because this is where they grew up and where all the homies are.............but they had such a better opportunity most of us would kill for....big ass nice house away from all the BS....why would they want to join the team and try outsoldiering the soldiers?
and no....it ain t my site....i cant control who comes here.....but cant help to pissed at the reality that alot of suburban whites come here....pick a small obscure gang in some city far away and ask a few questions about it.....then go back to school and start claimin it........not only is that insanity but its a slap in the face to all who live that struggle

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 5:44 am
Location: mile high city

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby andrew » February 15th, 2014, 11:08 pm

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby bumperjack » November 25th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Andrew good post as we know most whites who grow up in the hood become street gang members in Hispanic or black gangs periods whites never have really made a statement on gangbanging Im myself lived the life from A Hispanic Street Gand to an alleged Prison Gang member now Im in a Prevention program trying to tell kids that are in juvenile Hall were is your Homies NOW yeah there either in jail or not and happy its better you then them Gangs are glorified by Hollywopd but us that lived the life know the truth Gangs are a lie and if you dont realize that before its to late by consuming your existence by death and the casket drops then it stops or the doors lock in a cellblock life in prison or you make it to the other side and push Gang Awareness @Prevention :mrgreen: which is the program I work for now its called giving back something I never had which was a mentor which Im now a ex- gangbanger and an alleged member of the Aryan Brotherhood Prison Gang in Californias most notorious and oldest prison in California San Quentin,I reach.out to troubled youth in the Youth Detention Facility which is the Juvenile Hall in the Capitol City Sacramento there are 55 documented Gangs in Sacramento as we speak and are in need of mentors who have gang life backgrounds.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby femun » December 2nd, 2014, 12:57 pm

bumperjack wrote:Im myself lived the life from A Hispanic Street Gand to an alleged Prison Gang member


bumperjack wrote: I was introduced to my first Neighborhood Street Gang and later being a Validated member of a Prison Gang in California back in 1993


So which is it "validated or "alleged"

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby bumperjack » December 2nd, 2014, 2:33 pm

Femun ...if you ever did any time? you would know the definitions of them 2 words? Being on streetgangs.com for 11 years don't count. :roll: :lol:

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby femun » December 2nd, 2014, 11:06 pm

bumperjack wrote:Femun ...if you ever did any time? you would know the definitions of them 2 words? Being on streetgangs.com for 11 years don't count. :roll: :lol:

You didn't answer the question so I'll ask again. Are you in fact a Validated member of the Aryan Brotherhood or are you an alleged member?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby bumperjack » December 3rd, 2014, 5:01 am

In the eyes of the Prison officials Im a validated Member of the Aryan Brotherhood which occured in 1993 in San Quentin. In my eyes or interpertation Im an alleged member because the evidence they had for putting me in the hole indefinately was after I had stabbed one of my homeboys,Im a validated member who never dropped out my terminology and prison officials differ I say alleged because the had little evidence only a attemted murder to go on!!!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby bumperjack » December 3rd, 2014, 6:15 am

I guess Prison Officials based it on my violent prison background and I say they put that label on me cause I was white and violent and alleged in my thoughts were there evidence,would only hold up in prison and not in the courts The prison claimed I was a bonifed member.I dont agree with the prison but yes the label was put on me Femun and I was on the yard with other members of both the Aryan Brotherhood and Mexican Mafia in San Quentin when I was paroled in 1995 from the Adjustment center in SQ the highest level of security there to this day.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1056
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby bumperjack » December 3rd, 2014, 8:08 am

Femun,what you must realize I dont push a Gang lifestyle agenda and only by God's grace I survived a life of crime punishment in. Gangs.Im a Gang Awareness@Prevention mentor and push Gangs are a lie I lived that life many years and only 2 things are emminent,death and life time incarceration...I beat 2 life sentences and 3 attempted murders and done over two decades in 13 prisons in 2 states.The only Bad Guys I know are in Prison for Life or 6 ft under and Im not in either place thank God.peaceout Bumperjack

PhatBoi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: January 20th, 2016, 2:43 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Nevada
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Re: Why you would never become a gangmember?

Unread postby PhatBoi » January 20th, 2016, 4:06 pm

I think the best deterrent is the realization that one day you wake up and realize you've wasted your life. Nothing you do as a gangster means anything positive. The money you make doesn't go into your social security or 401 K. You can't rent an apartment. You have no credit score. You can't deposit your savings in a bank without red flags going off. You have zero experience to put on a resume. You can try to start fresh, remove the tattoos, shape up and even get an education, it doesn't matter because your record will follow you. It's not easy and it's not something you can do forever.


Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest