NFL DRAFT 06

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
Anonymous20

2006 NFL Draft

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 2nd, 2006, 5:16 am

Who is going numnber 1? Young, Bush or Leinart or someone else. I would go with Reggie.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » March 2nd, 2006, 10:31 am

You would be correct.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » March 2nd, 2006, 11:11 am

with Houston having the first pick young makes more since to me than bush

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » March 2nd, 2006, 12:58 pm

Why would they do that, he supposedly scored horrible on that Wonderlic test, refused to work out, and they still have to do something with Carr, and to be honest no one is going to be knockin on the door for a trade with him. Bush or Bust if there smart.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 2nd, 2006, 1:08 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:with Houston having the first pick young makes more since to me than bush
why would it make more sense?

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » March 2nd, 2006, 1:28 pm

Vince Young is overrated. I didn't see one deep pass from him. He's not gonna be able to outrun everybody in the NFL like he did in college.

Also, he was always in the shutgun offense, never under center. That's gonna have to change.

IBFLIPINCHIKENS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by IBFLIPINCHIKENS » March 2nd, 2006, 1:42 pm

the Wonderlic test ????? who gives a ratts ass about the Wonderlic test lets be real that test can not mesure how ones N.F.L. career is going to go if that test was any indicator Ryan leaf would be in the hall of fame vince young has the intangible quility known as IT he is a winner, leader, and a fierce competitor what more could you ask from the quaterback position . they aint getting that shit from carr plus young the hometown kid can you imangine the buzz that will create in the city of houston carr sure dont do that....and i disagree with what you think houston can get for carr he is a young vetran Q.B. with a strong arm and alot of years to play i agree with jaymes young would be a better pick for houston they already have a running back who can adequately execute there scheme

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » March 2nd, 2006, 1:48 pm

IBFLIPINCHIKENS wrote:the Wonderlic test ????? who gives a ratts ass about the Wonderlic test lets be real that test can not mesure how ones N.F.L. career is going to go if that test was any indicator Ryan leaf would be in the hall of fame vince young has the intangible quility known as IT he is a winner, leader, and a fierce competitor what more could you ask from the quaterback position . they aint getting that shit from carr plus young the hometown kid can you imangine the buzz that will create in the city of houston carr sure dont do that....and i disagree with what you think houston can get for carr he is a young vetran Q.B. with a strong arm and alot of years to play i agree with jaymes young would be a better pick for houston they already have a running back who can adequately execute there scheme
To get a 6 on the wonderlic test is damn near retarded. David Carr hasn't had a decent offensive line yet, he's a good young QB that can still get better. That's why I don't think they should draft Reggie Bush. They should trade down and pick D'Brickshaw Fergusion...the big offensive tackle.

It's not about "hometown" players, it's about selecting the best player for your team.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » March 2nd, 2006, 2:20 pm

Vince Young will be good in the NFL, but to pass on Reggie Bush would be like passing on Barry Sanders possibly 17 yrs ago. They're saying he might slip to 7 to the Raiders.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » March 2nd, 2006, 2:34 pm

SkoobyDoo wrote:To get a 6 on the wonderlic test is damn near retarded.
Damn. :shock:

They ask easy questions like; What does moisture most resemble?

A. Wet
B. Dry
C. Cold
D. Young you're a retard!

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » March 3rd, 2006, 2:21 am

he re-took the test and scored a 16 witch is rite on par with catz like joe montana and steve young that test cant mesure heart and football is 80 % heart and he got that david carr has had a line he holds the ball too long half the sacks he took he could have just threw the ball away and avoided it .......vince is a winner he has proven that ......reggie showed that if the defence has teem speed and a phsical front seven he aint that between the tackels phsical type of back if houston dose pick him up i bet they will use him in the slot or on third down he will have an ajustment period to find his way

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » March 3rd, 2006, 2:31 am

oh and skoob you didnt see the championship game vince young can throw the ball down the field he lit usc up fo like 335 yards at one point in the game went 11 fo 11 cool as a cucumber in the face of the presure cooker ......how did ya boy manning handle that presure in college or donavan mcnabb both of um choked and neither could win the big game but vince did and wanst just serviceable he put his team on his back what more dose a mothafucka have to do houston will regret it if they pass on him

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 3rd, 2006, 1:13 pm

passing on reggie is like passing on barry, you cant do it.

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » March 3rd, 2006, 1:42 pm

se11 wrote:passing on reggie is like passing on barry, you cant do it.
Reggie Bush is nice and im sure my raiders wont mind getting him but he will not fit in as a houston texan 4 the simple fact that dominick davis is a hard strong fast runner that will cause a problem who do you start? plus with running backs on the market like Shaun Alexander, Mike Anderson, Edgerran James there's not a real big need 4 a running back unless your a team like my raiders with the underachieving lamont jordan or a team like the saints with deuce mccallister who is always injured or a team like the cardinals who never had a tight running game since Emmit Smith retired. if you put reggie bush on a team that has a pretty good or decent running he might or might not get started and then might end up like Audrey Denson who had a good college career with notre dame but since he was drafted 2 a team that already had a decent running game he lost some of his skills that were real tight in college and never developed into a great NFL runner just another fast 3rd stringer. So teams that i mentioned and also the 49ers would do good having reggie bush. All teams would do good with Vince young 4 the simple fact that if he doesnt start he will be an excellent back up QB for any team that has qb troubles because of injuries or poor performance especially the 49ers since they desprately need a QB, and a HB and a couple good WR's hell they need everythang i aint gon lie.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 5th, 2006, 12:54 pm

thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. he's not going to "loose" any of his skills and unless the raiders trade up their not going to get him. the raiders dont even need him lamont jordan is going to just get better and better(this was his first season as a starteer) and is just always overlooked. davis/carr can't take houstin anywhere, they proved that over the previous seasons. bush and an addition of a new lineman or two, may give the offense some new light. if carr gets protection and the running games good, they will win games. they have a fairly decent recieving core, they just need some new light, and bush is that light.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 5th, 2006, 12:55 pm

correction:bush can be that light.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 5th, 2006, 2:44 pm

IBFLIPINCHIKENS wrote: the Wonderlic test ????? who gives a ratts ass about the Wonderlic test lets be real that test can not mesure how ones N.F.L. career is going to go
Good point!! This article below describes just about all of the opinions expressed in this thread , and as far as this "wonderlic test", Marino scored only a 14, and we see how bad his career was right? :roll:

Wonderlicgate
Despite bombing test, Young still an impressive talent

While Vince Young may have bombed the Wonderlic test, one thing is certain: He went 30-2 as a starter at Texas.

You'll have to pardon my confusion. It's just that I recently emerged from a seven-week hibernation that began the day after the Rose Bowl, and I can't figure out how, in that time, Vince Young went from being the nation's reigning football hero to a plummeting draft prospect who supposedly can't run, can't throw, can't catch, can't dress himself, can't sing, doesn't know the Dewey decimal system and, based on last weekend's combine Wonderlic bombshell, can't read or write, either.

Our society in general has an obsession with tearing down those at the top, but the great Vince Young dismantling of 2006 is on its way to setting a new land-speed record. They'd barely had time to clean up the confetti in Pasadena before the first whispers began -- about his unconventional throwing motion (with which he must have accidentally completed 65 percent of his passes last season), about his inability to throw the deep ball (I must have imagined that 75-yard touchdown I saw him throw at last year's Texas Tech game), how he'll be lost when he doesn't get to line up in the shotgun every snap like he did in college (Drew Brees must not be having the same problem) :shock: . By the time word spread of his so-so showing at a college all-star skills competition in late January, the pundits had officially ruled out any chance of the Texans taking him No. 1. By the time Young, who went 30-2 as a starter at Texas, showed up at the White House without a suit two weeks ago, he'd been passed up in most mock drafts by Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler -- a guy who went 11-34. :shock:

And that was before Young got to the dreaded Wonderlic. There are only about eight billion conflicting reports out there right now as to what exactly took place in Indianapolis this weekend -- that Young scored a disastrous 6 out of 50, retook it and got a 16, that the first test wasn't graded properly, that his agent inexplicably failed to tell him about this part of the combine, that the first score was legit and the retake was part of an NFL cover-up of its embarrassment at letting the score leak in the first place. Either way, 6 or 16, Young bombed. There's no sugar-coating that. While plenty of elite prospects over the years have done similarly poorly and not had it affect their draft status, the NFL cognoscenti say they hold quarterbacks to a different standard. They're understandably reluctant to hand their playbook over to a guy who can't figure out which is the ninth month of the year.

And so, as word of the disastrous test score made the rounds among scouts and GMs in Indy, Young began free-falling down draft boards faster than Bode Miller's marketability. Soon he will be slotted into a sixth-round spot right between the backup left tackle at Stanford and an unknown semipro receiver in Bentonville, Ark., who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a scout who says the kid has "tremendous upside."

I don't know whether Young will be a good NFL quarterback, but I do know this: If Matt Leinart had scored a 6 on the Wonderlic (he in fact did the opposite, scoring a 35), it would certainly have raised some eyebrows, made for some good fodder on message boards, but at the end of the day, he'd still be going No. 2 in the draft. That's because the NFL doesn't have the same kind of doubts about Leinart that they do about Young. They're fairly sure Leinart can throw. They know he can run a pro-style offense because that's exactly what he did at USC. From his prototypical build to his conventional drop-back style, everything about Leinart screams "safe pick."

Young, on the other hand, scares the living bejesus out of NFL types, because NFL types detest things that don't fit into their tried-and-true blueprints. There's a reason some people call the NFL the "No Fun League" -- and why many of us who prefer the college game find it hard to sit through an entire pro game. By and large, all 32 teams run variations of the same exact offense. They use the same formations. And they use the same age-old truisms when evaluating players -- depending on the position, they must be a certain size, run a certain 40 time and, in the case of a quarterback, look, act and throw like Dan Marino or John Elway.

Young, of course, does not fit that mold and is therefore considered a "risk." So the Wonderlic fiasco gives GMs a perfect excuse to pass on what most rational observers would consider to be a player of rare talent. I won't go so far as to say it's a racial thing (the wholly unconventional Michael Vick did go No. 1 overall, and a 12 on the Wonderlic didn't stop Donovan McNabb from going No. 2), but the NFL clearly remains highly skeptical of so-called "running quarterbacks" at a time when mobile QBs and spread offenses are becoming increasingly prevalent at the college level. That NFL types are so in love with Cutler -- who, even with an All-SEC senior season, wouldn't have registered on too many top 10 lists of college quarterbacks last season -- speaks volumes about their severe conservatism.

You'd have to be pretty simple-minded to suggest that Young's 467 yards against USC -- the same team that, according to my colleague Don Banks, could have 12 to 14 players drafted in April -- were due entirely to his ability to run fast. Texas' shotgun, zone-read offense was based on the same principles as the one last year's No. 1 pick, Alex Smith, ran at Utah. Smith, of course, was a near rocket scientist who graduated in 2½ years, which must have alleviated the 49ers' concerns about his ability to make the transition. Maybe bombing a 50-question test means Young can't do the same. To the scouting departments of the Texans and Titans, however, I'd recommend using any or all of these three alternative measuring tools before making up your mind:1) Talk to him

2) Talk to some of the USC (or Oklahoma, or Ohio State) defenders in the draft who played against him, and ask whether they think he gets easily confused. :lol: :lol:

Or ...

3) Watch some tape. :lol:

Past and Present QB Wonderlic Scores

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 7th, 2006, 1:17 am

Vince Young is a great college player, but his performance against USC was partly the result of a mediocore USC defense. Maybe someone could look it up, but I think USC was #1 or #2 in offense and #20 in defense?

I really cant say if Vince will be successfull in the NFL. My guess is NO. He stands to upright when he runs, is not big for his height, is not a pocket passer, and relies too much on his running speed which will not work in the NFL. But Randall Cunningham was the same way and he had a successful NFL career so I will just wait and see how Young does. He might be a flop, and there is a good chance that Leinhart will be a flop too. I think Reggie Bush si going to do just fine. We'll see.

G.L.J
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.L.J » March 7th, 2006, 9:17 am

To get a 6 on the wonderlic test is damn near retarded. David Carr hasn't had a decent offensive line yet, he's a good young QB that can still get better. That's why I don't think they should draft Reggie Bush. They should trade down and pick D'Brickshaw Fergusion...the big offensive tackle.

It's not about "hometown" players, it's about selecting the best player for your team.[/quote]

I agree Carr isn't the problem the O line is the biggest problem they havehe got sacked a tone of times this season and it not like he has limited mobility like Kerry Colins

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 23rd, 2006, 1:39 am

G.L.J wrote:To get a 6 on the wonderlic test is damn near retarded. David Carr hasn't had a decent offensive line yet, he's a good young QB that can still get better. That's why I don't think they should draft Reggie Bush. They should trade down and pick D'Brickshaw Fergusion...the big offensive tackle.

It's not about "hometown" players, it's about selecting the best player for your team.
I agree Carr isn't the problem the O line is the biggest problem they havehe got sacked a tone of times this season and it not like he has limited mobility like Kerry Colins[/quote]

I think you are correct in saying that you need to pick the right player for your team, but also you can miss out on a star. Michael Jordan should have been selected by Portland when he was drafted, but because Portland was deep with guards on their team and needed a big man, they selected David Bowie. I think we can all say, MISTAKE! They probably dont need another back like Bush right now, but I would not pass up on him. I think he is going to be big, like Faulk or Sanders.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » March 24th, 2006, 7:05 pm

NFL is 80% heart? What the hell are you talking about? If anything the NFL is 80+% skill. Reggie Bush has undeniable skill, and in my eyes even he will have a lot of trouble in the NFL. Vince Young IS overrated. Texas had the best offensive line in college football, good luck to Vince pulling that off when he has one of the ten worst offensive lines in the pros protecting him. And the Wonderlic dosn't matter? Of course it matters. Learning plays, reading defenses, not letting plays get mixed up in your head in the closing seconds of an NFL game..that's what the Wonderlic tells you. Of course his Rose Bowl performance was amazing, but he won't be pulling that rambo "I don't need a play I'm just gonna beat the defense by myself" shit in the pros where the guys are bigger, stronger, and faster.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 25th, 2006, 4:32 am

Godfather wrote:NFL is 80% heart? What the hell are you talking about? If anything the NFL is 80+% skill. Reggie Bush has undeniable skill, and in my eyes even he will have a lot of trouble in the NFL. Vince Young IS overrated. Texas had the best offensive line in college football, good luck to Vince pulling that off when he has one of the ten worst offensive lines in the pros protecting him. And the Wonderlic dosn't matter? Of course it matters. Learning plays, reading defenses, not letting plays get mixed up in your head in the closing seconds of an NFL game..that's what the Wonderlic tells you. Of course his Rose Bowl performance was amazing, but he won't be pulling that rambo "I don't need a play I'm just gonna beat the defense by myself" shit in the pros where the guys are bigger, stronger, and faster.
you got that right.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

NFL DRAFT 06

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » May 1st, 2006, 4:56 pm

WITCH TEAM'S GOT THE BEST PROSPECTS

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: NFL DRAFT 06

Unread post by WIP » May 2nd, 2006, 6:57 am

SAINTJAYMES wrote:WITCH TEAM'S GOT THE BEST PROSPECTS
I really like what the Cardinals did off season. I think Leinert was a great pick. Also Lenny Pope. With the addition of Eddgerin James. AZ should be on the come up. I havent seen them with this kind of talent ever.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » May 2nd, 2006, 11:11 pm

i agree az improved there team on paper will it translate into wins on the field

Return to “All Sports Talk”