Mosley vs. Cotto

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: March 1st, 2004, 4:18 pm
Location: S.D., CA

Mosley vs. Cotto

Unread post by jboogie » July 25th, 2007, 9:46 pm

Its official, Sugar Shane Mosley will be facing Miguel Angel Cotto November 10th at Madison Square Garden in NYC, its for the WBA and WBC welterweight title. Heres the boxrec link, just below the fighter id is the schedule and its says Mosleys next opponent is Cotto. Damn this is gonna be a good fight!

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hu ... &cat=boxer

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » July 26th, 2007, 12:55 am

Cool im looking forward to this fight, Im going for Mosley.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » July 31st, 2007, 12:12 am

dam, pay per view i am sure.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » July 31st, 2007, 8:32 am

alexalonso wrote:dam, pay per view i am sure.
No doubt, $39.99 ?

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: March 1st, 2004, 4:18 pm
Location: S.D., CA

Unread post by jboogie » July 31st, 2007, 9:12 pm

Probably PPV, if Cotto can draw a PPV with Judah, then just imagine Mosely who's kinda ressurecting his career right now. PS Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton is also in the works its also on boxrec and is scheduled for 12/8/07 which is about a month later, from my experience boxrec.com is a pretty reliable source too, its shaping up to be a good end of the year for boxing.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » August 3rd, 2007, 2:44 am

i will definitely subscribe to that fight. does anyone know if they broadcast the fights in HD on PPV?

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » August 4th, 2007, 12:30 am

alexalonso wrote:i will definitely subscribe to that fight. does anyone know if they broadcast the fights in HD on PPV?
yeah if its HBO

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » August 23rd, 2007, 11:17 am

Past wrote:
alexalonso wrote:i will definitely subscribe to that fight. does anyone know if they broadcast the fights in HD on PPV?
yeah if its HBO
It's on HBO PPV. Cotto's an HBO fighter. This matchup has "Fight of The Year" written all over it. A bit of a toss-up
to these eyes but if pressed, I'll go with the speed, guile, and multi-dimensions of Shane over the clinical, brutal, yet
constant pressure of Miguel.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » August 27th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Past wrote:
alexalonso wrote:i will definitely subscribe to that fight. does anyone know if they broadcast the fights in HD on PPV?
yeah if its HBO
this will be the first fight I watch in HD if HBO has it. can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 245
Joined: June 5th, 2004, 9:24 pm
Location: london

Unread post by londonpride » August 27th, 2007, 10:18 pm

Cotto should have strong backing from all the P RICANS in New York.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » August 28th, 2007, 8:40 am

londonpride wrote:Cotto should have strong backing from all the P RICANS in New York.
He does!! He's "mega" in NYC, his fight against Zab Judah back in June had MSG sold out,
it was sick.

I feel you Alonso, the HD effect takes it to a whole other level, especially if you have the surround sound with it.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » August 28th, 2007, 11:33 am

ManifestTruth wrote:
londonpride wrote:Cotto should have strong backing from all the P RICANS in New York.
He does!! He's "mega" in NYC, his fight against Zab Judah back in June had MSG sold out,
it was sick.

I feel you Alonso, the HD effect takes it to a whole other level, especially if you have the surround sound with it.
go to get the surround sound too. I just purchased a Sony Bravia 46 inch xbr, need to get some surround sound speakers though.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » August 28th, 2007, 12:25 pm

alexalonso wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
londonpride wrote:Cotto should have strong backing from all the P RICANS in New York.
He does!! He's "mega" in NYC, his fight against Zab Judah back in June had MSG sold out,
it was sick.

I feel you Alonso, the HD effect takes it to a whole other level, especially if you have the surround sound with it.
go to get the surround sound too. I just purchased a Sony Bravia 46 inch xbr, need to get some surround sound speakers though.
Most def, and make sure to get HDMI cables for your components to further enhance the viewing and listening experience. Dudes may never go outdoors again..

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: March 1st, 2004, 4:18 pm
Location: S.D., CA

Unread post by jboogie » August 29th, 2007, 12:27 am

I'm personally rooting for Mosley just because he's an L.A. area fighter, but I like Cotto's style a lot too if he were fighting anyone else i'd probably rooting for him. If Mosley pulls this one off it'll be real impressive considering NYC is pretty much Cotto's second home with so many Puerto Ricans.

Low_Dogg
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 104
Joined: May 9th, 2005, 10:36 am

Unread post by Low_Dogg » September 14th, 2007, 12:49 pm

so what every1 thinks about upcoming fight - the real deal hollyfield vs ibragimov

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Unread post by WIP » October 23rd, 2007, 11:57 pm

Damn I cant wait for this fight. And Mayorga and Vargas.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 533
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 8th, 2007, 10:07 am

I always rute for the black guy so I'm rooting for shane and mayweather

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » November 8th, 2007, 10:15 am

KINGFEAR62 wrote:I always rute for the black guy so I'm rooting for shane and mayweather
A true boxing fan huh KING FEAR ? Just messin with you :lol:

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » November 8th, 2007, 11:50 am

oso1 wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:I always rute for the black guy so I'm rooting for shane and mayweather
A true boxing fan huh KING FEAR ? Just messin with you :lol:
HAHA!! I'll be at the fight, should be a awesome dust up. I've been on the fence since
this fight was made a few months ago. Now that it's close, I'm leaning towards Mosley.
I'll be rooting for Sugar Shane(been following his career since his reign of terror at lightweight) but will be equally happy if Cotto pulls it off. Gotta like the way this kid
goes about his business(terminator-like, surgical and relentless).

Any predictions??

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » November 8th, 2007, 4:57 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
oso1 wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:I always rute for the black guy so I'm rooting for shane and mayweather
A true boxing fan huh KING FEAR ? Just messin with you :lol:
HAHA!! I'll be at the fight, should be a awesome dust up. I've been on the fence since
this fight was made a few months ago. Now that it's close, I'm leaning towards Mosley.
I'll be rooting for Sugar Shane(been following his career since his reign of terror at lightweight) but will be equally happy if Cotto pulls it off. Gotta like the way this kid
goes about his business(terminator-like, surgical and relentless).

Any predictions??
At 135 lbs, thats right Shane was a Terror, Fast, Explosive and very powerful. I wish he would have fought Maywheather back then. From day one i felt Mosley was / is going to win, Mosley's faster, stronger, has more experience, has a better chin and has fought more skilled fighters than Cotto.

I like Miguel too, he's humble, hes been hurt and has been down but came back to win, he has heart. Cotto can punch and has a nice body attack, but his chin is Questionable. And i think Shane is going to test that chin this Saturday.

Mosley will win by tko, just hope there is no controversy.......LOW BLOWS

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Unread post by WIP » November 10th, 2007, 11:34 pm

over. gracias Miguel. gotta spend money to make money.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » November 11th, 2007, 11:40 am

oso1 wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
oso1 wrote:
KINGFEAR62 wrote:I always rute for the black guy so I'm rooting for shane and mayweather
A true boxing fan huh KING FEAR ? Just messin with you :lol:
HAHA!! I'll be at the fight, should be a awesome dust up. I've been on the fence since
this fight was made a few months ago. Now that it's close, I'm leaning towards Mosley.
I'll be rooting for Sugar Shane(been following his career since his reign of terror at lightweight) but will be equally happy if Cotto pulls it off. Gotta like the way this kid
goes about his business(terminator-like, surgical and relentless).

Any predictions??
At 135 lbs, thats right Shane was a Terror, Fast, Explosive and very powerful. I wish he would have fought Maywheather back then. From day one i felt Mosley was / is going to win, Mosley's faster, stronger, has more experience, has a better chin and has fought more skilled fighters than Cotto.

I like Miguel too, he's humble, hes been hurt and has been down but came back to win, he has heart. Cotto can punch and has a nice body attack, but his chin is Questionable. And i think Shane is going to test that chin this Saturday.

Mosley will win by tko, just hope there is no controversy.......LOW BLOWS
Mosley is faster, but not much faster than Cotto. Cotto appears to be slower than what he is because he does not dance and bounce around. He moves his body slower, but his punches are very fast. And there is no doubt that although Mosley is faster, Cotto's strength surpasses Mosley's. I had the fight scored 7 rounds to 5, thats 115-113 for Cotto, because there were three rounds near the end that Mosley won, because Cotto decided to play it careful and retreat, but I have never seen a fighter hit so effectively while back stepping.

Mosley is probably the most difficult fighter to KO. There were times where Cotto clearly hurt Mosley, but whenever Cotto scored, it made Mosely more aggressive, nullifying the points Cotto just scored. Since Mosley is such a conditioned fighter I can see him fighting when he is 40, like Bernard Hopkins, but Coto's chin with stood Mosely's power. GREAT FIGHT!

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » November 11th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Good fight, Cotto showed a lot of Heart, he managed to recoop after Mosley hurt him, Cotto is lucky that the referee called for a time out to have the canvas wiped down, otherwise i think Mosley would have finished him.


But Honestly i thought Mosley would have hurt Miguel a lot sooner and would have ended this fight.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » November 11th, 2007, 1:19 pm

oso1 wrote:Good fight, Cotto showed a lot of Heart, he managed to recoop after Mosley hurt him, Cotto is lucky that the referee called for a time out to have the canvas wiped down, otherwise i think Mosley would have finished him.


But Honestly i thought Mosley would have hurt Miguel a lot sooner and would have ended this fight.

I just watched it again, Mosely's best rounds were in 9 and 10. I wonder why he waited so late to turn it on. Maybe he sensed he was behind and got active. Yeah, i think Mosely hurt him in that round, but I dont think Mosley was going to knock him out. Cotto took both the 11th and 12th round easily, so he must not have been that hurt.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » November 11th, 2007, 4:32 pm

Yeah Cotto was in good shape, (i think the first time he used a nutritionist) in order to recoop after being hurt, a true warrior he kept throwing punches, i give him a lot of respect. I was very surprised how easy Miguel was able to hit Mosley.

Post Reply

Return to “All Sports Talk”