Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » February 24th, 2014, 10:11 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/fl ... --box.html


Boxing
Floyd Mayweather finally announces next opponent
Kevin Iole By Kevin Iole

Floyd Mayweather collects his title belts after a 2013 win over Canelo Alvarez (AP)
For months, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has toyed with the boxing world. Less than an hour after he defeated Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 14, he said at the post-fight news conference that he would next fight on May 3. He simply didn't identify his opponent.

From that moment until late Monday afternoon, Mayweather toyed with boxing media and fans like a marionette, with a crescendo building for an answer.

Finally on Monday, Mayweather's 37th birthday, he announced via Twitter that he would face Marcos Maidana (35-3, 31 KOs) in a welterweight title fight. The announcement ends months of feverish speculation, including numerous ridiculously erroneous reports that a deal was done.

Mayweather did not announce whether the fight will be in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden, where he has fought his last eight matches, or in New York at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn.

"Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention," Mayweather said in a statement. "He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring. I think this is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him: Beat me."


WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana (AP)
Earlier this month, Mayweather (45-0,26 KOs) said on Twitter he'd let the fans decide who he should fight and conducted the voting on his web site. Amir Khan, a silver medalist in the 2004 Olympics and a former world champion, won that voting, but fans loudly protested on social media, seeming to vastly prefer Maidana. ESPN.com conducted a similar poll and Maidana won it by nearly a 2-to-1 margin.
But Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, said Mayweather has more than 11 million followers on various social media outlets and the poll was just one vehicle used.

"Bottom line, we took a look at everything that was coming through on the various outlets and we're fighting the very best guy out there," Ellerbe said.

Maidana is coming off of a rousing upset victory in December over Mayweather pal Adrien Broner. Khan hasn't fought since struggling to a decision victory over the faded Julio Diaz in April.

The horse race, as fighters lined up to plead for the big with the top-selling pay-per-view star in the sport, got almost comical at times. Fighters were pleading for the match on Twitter as Mayweather sat back and saw them promote his fight for him. Mayweather sold 2.2 million on pay-per-view in the Alvarez fight, the second largest PPV total ever and the highest grossing fight in history.

The expected huge sales for any Mayweather fight has led to boxers taking to Twitter to beg Mayweather for the match or to try to rally fan support. A late entrant into the derby was Cuban Erislandy Lara, who never was remotely in the running, but generated a campaign on Twitter that led to his fans demanding that Mayweather give him the shot.

By choosing Maidana, Mayweather picked a hard-hitter who is coming off the most impressive win of his life. Most boxing experts believe Khan has the better physical skills, but Khan rarely lived up to his vast potential and he hasn't looked good in quite a while.

Former world champion Amir Khan (AP)
Khan complained about Mayweather in an interview with The National, a newspaper based in The United Arab Emirates. Khan is from the United Kingdom but is of Pakistani descent.
He told the paper he could have made the fight even bigger by taking a press tour to the Middle East.

Everyone says Mayweather is a genius in promoting fights. I offered them to take this fight to parts of the world where boxing has never been tapped in such a big level.
Press and public training tour in UK, Dubai … I have spoken to the prime minister in Pakistan and they have even agreed to provide military security for the press tour there. That’s how big I can make this fight.

But nothing came of it and Khan was left without a fight. He turned down a proposed December title fight against Devon Alexander with the hope he would get the Mayweather fight.

As with his 2013 bouts with Robert Guerrero and Alvarez, the match with Maidana will be distributed via Showtime pay-per-view.

Ellerbe said the venue will be decided by the end of the week. He said, "We love the MGM, and we don't have a thing against the MGM, but this is business and it's about making the best deal."

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Coup » February 25th, 2014, 9:28 am

I don't see Maidana beating Floyd. This is a smaller less powerful Alvarez. Should be easy for Floyd.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » February 25th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Coup wrote:I don't see Maidana beating Floyd. This is a smaller less powerful Alvarez. Should be easy for Floyd.
I don't think so either. I think it's going to be like a sparring session for Floyd, where as Maidana is just going to try and keep up.
I'm glad Maidana got the big money fight he deserves it.

Here's a thought, lets just say that Floyd beats Maidana, do you think that Pacquiao will try and fight Maidana next and try to out do Mayweather?

Both have fought De La Hoya, Mosley, Hatton, and Cotto, but Manny wins in a more convincing manner which makes casual boxing fans think that he's a better fighter than Floyd.

I left out Juan Manuel Marquez out on purpose.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Coup » February 25th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Here is what I think they are shooting for if Haymon and Arum can work it out right....Pac beats Bradley (not a sure thing)...Pac then fights Broner....this will lead to 2015 most likely where you can set up a Pac vs. Mayweather. Money says he will not fight Pac but if he beats Bradley and Broner he will be back at that "ducking Pacman" phase.

In all honesty, I do not see anyone beating Mayweather at that weight.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » February 25th, 2014, 7:59 pm

I have to agree with you on no one beats Mayweather. With his father in his corner he looks better than ever.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 1st, 2014, 11:35 pm

Amir Khan vs Adrien Broner, man I hope this fight happens.



Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » March 2nd, 2014, 7:29 am

[quote="oso1"]Amir Khan vs Adrien Broner, man I hope this fight happens.


Nice post Oso1- Me too! After watching Khan whining about not getting Floyd, this would be a nice matchup! I read that Kell Brook offered him 8 mil. to fight, so I'm thinking that the Broner fight is the only one out there that could possibly match or even beat that pay day, so it will come down to the money.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 2nd, 2014, 12:01 pm

You know the funny thing is Khan claims that Bradley was afraid to fight him, but Bradley was holding out for a big money fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao.



Now Khan has the opportunity to make $8 million to fight, but he was hoping to fight Mayweather. Mayweather is a no go, now he wants to fight Broner on Mayweathers undercard.

Khan said after he beats Broner, he wants Floyd to fight him. I like that :mrgreen:

I really want to see that fight. I think it's going to be more entertaining than the main event.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Coup » March 3rd, 2014, 10:33 am

Agreed! Khan has the speed to keep up with Broner and who knows where Broner's head is after the Maidana loss?

On another note.....Chavez looked good this weekend. I would like to see him fight the winner of Cotto vs. Martinez. He may be too big for Cotto, but a Martinez rematch would be nice with Chavez fighting like this.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 3rd, 2014, 10:51 am

Coup wrote:Agreed! Khan has the speed to keep up with Broner and who knows where Broner's head is after the Maidana loss?

On another note.....Chavez looked good this weekend. I would like to see him fight the winner of Cotto vs. Martinez. He may be too big for Cotto, but a Martinez rematch would be nice with Chavez fighting like this.
Khan has the reach advantage and he knows how to move from the outside, which would give Broner problems. But at some point he is going to get tagged. Was it his last fight when he fought Diaz (he's from Coachella, his brother trains Bradley) and he hurt Khan pretty bad, but he couldn't finish him off. Would Broner be able to finish Khan if he hurts him?

I didn't see Chavez Jr fight but, I did see the weigh in. He looked good and healthy at 168 lbs. I don't think Cotto or Martinez is willing to move up that high.

Jr said he wants to fight GGG. That would be a good fight if Golovkin is willing to move up 8 lbs.

I seen the Salido vs Lomochenko fight. It was OK.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 18th, 2014, 9:40 pm

Coup wrote:Here is what I think they are shooting for if Haymon and Arum can work it out right....Pac beats Bradley (not a sure thing)...Pac then fights Broner....this will lead to 2015 most likely where you can set up a Pac vs. Mayweather. Money says he will not fight Pac but if he beats Bradley and Broner he will be back at that "ducking Pacman" phase.

In all honesty, I do not see anyone beating Mayweather at that weight.
I would like to see that fight. Hell, Broner vs Khan, Matthysee(I believe he has fight lined up already), Garcia(he just came off of a controversial win), or even Ortiz would be good for the boxing fans.

Speaking of Ortiz, supposedly he is going to fight on the under card of Mayweather vs Maidana.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Coup » March 20th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Broner has to shake that loss to Maidana...all that fucking around caught up to him and he got embarrassed. The fact that Floyd and Haymon really like him is a great for his career, but the wins have to start again. All the fights you mentioned would be good, but you can add Danny Swift to the Welterweight pool now. He got favorable judging in that Herrera fight but should bounce back.

This might be Ortiz's last chance....he went Hollywood and is paying for it.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » March 20th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Who is Ortiz fighting? After his last loss, I don't know if he can bounce back mentally. He said that he would retire if he lost to collazo!

User avatar
rocket18hgs
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 3:04 pm
What city do you live in now?: tijuana

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by rocket18hgs » March 20th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Juan Márquez vs mike Alvarez and pacman vs Timothy, whoever wins in this two fights is going to face each because Marquez still wants to be welterweight champion. whoever wins after that is most likely going to fight mayweather or Garcia.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 20th, 2014, 9:52 pm

rocket18hgs wrote:Juan Márquez vs mike Alvarez and pacman vs Timothy, whoever wins in this two fights is going to face each because Marquez still wants to be welterweight champion. whoever wins after that is most likely going to fight mayweather or Garcia.
You're are right, Juan Manuel Marquez want's to be welter weight champion. He wants to make history as the first and only Mexican boxer to have won titles in x amount of weight divisions. But if he wins, then he has accomplished his goal, and I seriously doubt he will want to fight Floyd Mayweather.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » March 20th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:Who is Ortiz fighting? After his last loss, I don't know if he can bounce back mentally. He said that he would retire if he lost to collazo!
His opponent hasn't been chosen yet. Hopefully Showtime puts his fight on T.V.

I have to say from watching Ortiz's interviews on video, he comes across as a strange person. He loses fights, makes excuses and gives no one credit for beating him.

Here he talks shit about Alvarez, Lopez, Maidana, and Khan.








User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » April 19th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Mayweather Vs Maidana
All access part 1


Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 20th, 2014, 2:44 am

@Oso1- Nice post playa! I can't wait for this one. Floyd is my favorite fighter, but Chino is a beast, and I like his humility and workman like attitude. I'm still going with Floyd though!

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » April 20th, 2014, 4:42 am

Quepolo3 wrote:
@Oso1- Nice post playa!
No problem, it's cool to exchange opinions about boxers and their upcoming bouts.
Floyd is my favorite fighter


Mine too. I should say his style of boxing that is.
but Chino is a beast, and I like his humility and workman like attitude.


I agree with you. One thing about that guy he always gives it a 100% so it's hard not to like him. Maidana vs Khan he get's dropped early by a body punch but gets up and finishes their bout. He even hurt Khan too.

Maidana vs Ortiz, Chino gets dropped a few times but gets up again and drops Ortiz and eventually makes Ortiz quit.
I'm still going with Floyd though!
Just to shake things up a bit, which doesn't happen too often, I'm rooting for Maidana. I don't think his chances are that good of pulling an upset.

Other boxers that I like to watch are Luis Collazo (fighting Khan soon), Zab Judah, and Antonio Demarco. All these fighters have suffered losses in their careers, but like Mayweather, I like how they box.


I can't remember if you answered in the Pac vs Bradley 2 thread or not, so I'll just ask you anyways, what did you think about Pacquiao's performance?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 20th, 2014, 9:43 pm

oso1 wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:
@Oso1- Nice post playa!
No problem, it's cool to exchange opinions about boxers and their upcoming bouts.
Floyd is my favorite fighter


Mine too. I should say his style of boxing that is.
but Chino is a beast, and I like his humility and workman like attitude.


I agree with you. One thing about that guy he always gives it a 100% so it's hard not to like him. Maidana vs Khan he get's dropped early by a body punch but gets up and finishes their bout. He even hurt Khan too.

Maidana vs Ortiz, Chino gets dropped a few times but gets up again and drops Ortiz and eventually makes Ortiz quit.
I'm still going with Floyd though!
Just to shake things up a bit, which doesn't happen too often, I'm rooting for Maidana. I don't think his chances are that good of pulling an upset.

Other boxers that I like to watch are Luis Collazo (fighting Khan soon), Zab Judah, and Antonio Demarco. All these fighters have suffered losses in their careers, but like Mayweather, I like how they box.


I can't remember if you answered in the Pac vs Bradley 2 thread or not, so I'll just ask you anyways, what did you think about Pacquiao's performance?
@Oso!- I have to say you know the sport. I'm sorry but I must have missed your questions about the Pacquiao/Bradley Fight. The Answer is Pac-Man came in ready and looked good. He beat him up. For the smaller man, his punches just had more fire on them. I can't believe that you are taking Maidana over Floyd. To be honest, I think this is Mayweather's toughest fight and that Maidana definitely has a good chance. I like all of the boxer's that you named, and lean more towards the classic boxers over the brawlers. Since Tyson, unfortunately I follow more of the smaller fighters than the heavier fighters.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » April 20th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Oh if I was going to bet some money on the Mayweather vs Maidana fight, I would definitely put my money on Floyd.

I'm just rooting Chino because he's a true warrior and the underdog. I don't even like the way he fights, he's too primitive.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » April 27th, 2014, 1:16 am

Mayweather vs Maidana, All Access 2.


User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » April 30th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Marcos Maidana I don't give a FUKK about Mayweather



Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 1st, 2014, 1:11 am

oso1 wrote:Marcos Maidana I don't give a FUKK about Mayweather


@Oso1- Nice post playa! I hadn't seen that clip. I believe him, and I'm sure that he will be ready. This is going to be a good fight. I'm going with Floyd though!

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » May 3rd, 2014, 12:56 am

Mayweather looks in great shape. He's all cut up.




Mind games from Mayweather Jr. ?



Do you guys remember when De La Hoya fought Floyd? Well Oscar made all the demands of their bout, from ring size to weight, and which boxing gloves to use, which were Mexican gloves, Reyes. Cleto Reyes boxing gloves are known as punchers gloves, which gave Oscar, the bigger, stronger man the advantage......well that's if he would have landed flush.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » May 3rd, 2014, 10:43 pm

I'm impressed with Maidana's chin, conditioning, and determination to win. El Chino is bad news for Broner, he better stay away from him.

I thought Mayweather was going to out point Maidana with ease, but I'm so surprised that Maidana was able to make it a competitive fight.

Is Mayweather slipping?

I don't think Floyd gives Maidana a rematch.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 4th, 2014, 8:03 am

oso1 wrote:I'm impressed with Maidana's chin, conditioning, and determination to win. El Chino is bad news for Broner, he better stay away from him.

I thought Mayweather was going to out point Maidana with ease, but I'm so surprised that Maidana was able to make it a competitive fight.

Is Mayweather slipping?

I don't think Floyd gives Maidana a rematch.
@Oso1- Chino came in ready, but I thought Floyd controlled the fight. I did think that Chino fought a little dirty, and threw to many rabbit punches. He landed some good shots, but he missed a lot too. Leaning on the back of the head, punching to back, a couple of low blows. I saw dirty tactics going on but this is a fight. Having said that, he kept the pressure up, and forced Mayweather to constantly adjust. I had it 116-112 Mayweather. Mayweather was very sharp with his punches and stood flat foot more than I thought he would. The Shoulder Roll defense he uses is impressive and makes it extremely difficult for punchers to land clean shots. That's why I think chino kept going for Hooks and Overhands. Really good fight though, kept me intrigued the whole time.
He has to give him a rematch. His ego won't allow there to be any questions about the decision. Reminds me of the Castillo fight.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » May 4th, 2014, 9:33 am

Quepolo3 wrote:
oso1 wrote:I'm impressed with Maidana's chin, conditioning, and determination to win. El Chino is bad news for Broner, he better stay away from him.

I thought Mayweather was going to out point Maidana with ease, but I'm so surprised that Maidana was able to make it a competitive fight.

Is Mayweather slipping?

I don't think Floyd gives Maidana a rematch.
@Oso1- Chino came in ready, but I thought Floyd controlled the fight. I did think that Chino fought a little dirty, and threw to many rabbit punches. He landed some good shots, but he missed a lot too. Leaning on the back of the head, punching to back, a couple of low blows. I saw dirty tactics going on but this is a fight. Having said that, he kept the pressure up, and forced Mayweather to constantly adjust. I had it 116-112 Mayweather. Mayweather was very sharp with his punches and stood flat foot more than I thought he would. The Shoulder Roll defense he uses is impressive and makes it extremely difficult for punchers to land clean shots. That's why I think chino kept going for Hooks and Overhands. Really good fight though, kept me intrigued the whole time.
He has to give him a rematch. His ego won't allow there to be any questions about the decision. Reminds me of the Castillo fight.

I didn't score the fight, but agree about your comment, "kept me intrigued the whole time."

The only reason why I made the comment about Floyd not giving Maidana a rematch is, Floyd didn't give De La Hoya a rematch.

I hope they fight again. I didn't see their post fight interviews, but Roger Mayweather said that Floyd hurt his hand. That's why he couldn't fight his fight and that a rematch will be totally different.

User avatar
rocket18hgs
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 83
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 3:04 pm
What city do you live in now?: tijuana

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by rocket18hgs » May 4th, 2014, 8:31 pm

my respects goes to chino, he did a good job pressuring mayweather at all timesand deserves a rematch that most likely is going to happen in september.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by oso1 » May 4th, 2014, 11:26 pm

rocket18hgs wrote:
my respects goes to chino, he did a good job


He came to fight, and even though he didn't win, he gave the boxing fans their money's worth.
and deserves a rematch that most likely is going to happen in september.
He does deserve the rematch, and I hope he gets it.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by Coup » May 5th, 2014, 9:34 am

Good fight...now sure about a rematch though. Khan is hot on Mayweathers heals about a fight. This fight shows you why so many people had Canelo giving Floyd these kind of problems. I don't think Maidana has enough power to really hurt Floyd. If there is a rematch it will only be for numbers $$$.....Maidana cannot beat him. And Quepolo you hit it on the head with the Castillo comparison...same thing me and my folks were saying during the fight. You don't give a strategist like Floyd a 2nd go round...he could embarass him. That hurt hand thing seems to come up a lot now with Floyd...Ray Leonard had the same problems.

Did you see Broner calling out Pacman.....Should be interesting with the Golden Boy problems that are popping up. Oscar wants to get back in business with Arum....could open up quite a few fights if that happens.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8984
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Unread post by alexalonso » May 5th, 2014, 4:40 pm

The both landed about the same number of punches, but Maidana missed way more, therefore Maywaether was more efficient, but Maidana did make it competitive. Mayweather was grabbing and holding on too much, and the ref was too involved during the inside fighting.

Post Reply

Return to “All Sports Talk”