Michael Sam, 1st openly gay football player drafted

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Michael Sam, 1st openly gay football player drafted

Unread postby alexalonso » May 14th, 2014, 12:13 am

This guy Sam was drafted in the 7th round, and not too many 7th rounders have an NFL career.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Michael Sam, 1st openly gay football player drafted

Unread postby Quepolo3 » May 14th, 2014, 5:59 pm

He's either going to be a beast or out the league

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » May 14th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:He's either going to be a beast or out the league

I dont see how he can be a beast being that he is undersized for his position, and is not a very fast defensive end. He is going to have to step up his game, but I dont see him getting faster at this point in his career.

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown

Unread postby Bunknown » May 16th, 2014, 6:52 am

@1 wrote:

I dont see how he can be a beast being that he is undersized for his position, and is not a very fast defensive end. He is going to have to step up his game, but I dont see him getting faster at this point in his career.

He probly won't even make the team.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Quepolo3 » May 17th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Bunknown wrote:
@1 wrote:

He probly won't even make the team.

@1- Good points, but he was pretty good at Missouri, a SEC team. How did he do at pro day? I didn't hear anything mentioned about him but I may have missed it.

@Bunknown- Maybe so, especially since I heard that they are trying to do a reality show about him and the Rams are not happy about it. He may end up bringing unwanted attention and become a distraction, that you may be right.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » May 19th, 2014, 12:45 am

Stephen Jackson on ESPN and Michael Sam incident, at 4:22 I am going to agree with Stephen Jackson.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread postby silentwssj » June 7th, 2014, 7:31 pm

I agree with Stephen Jackson as well! I have a gay aunt and love her like anyone else! On the flip side, I don't want my kids watching that kind of stuff! It is basically obscene! Gay people need to keep that stuff behind closed doors! Personally, I don't believe in Gay marriage, but I will at least grant them the respect of being able to be with who they want. I don't want to see it though and they should respect the rest of us for that! I don't get it, they are trying to legitimize something that is not legitimate! When I was screwing up in life "Drugs and Gangs", I never tried to rationalize my behavior as something good! I knew I was messing up! Personally I think homosexuals should do the same! If I was screwing some dude I sure as hell would not be trying to play it out as something that was right! I would think that I would have enough sense to at least admit that I was attracted to something that I should not be! Gay people are trying to force us to accept their unions as something that is normal or natural when it is not! Just saying! Some people may think that I messed up for saying all this, but it is just how I feel! In this country you can do whatever you want, but it does not make it right!

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Quepolo3 » June 8th, 2014, 6:22 pm

silentwssj wrote:I agree with Stephen Jackson as well! I have a gay aunt and love her like anyone else! On the flip side, I don't want my kids watching that kind of stuff! It is basically obscene! Gay people need to keep that stuff behind closed doors! Personally, I don't believe in Gay marriage, but I will at least grant them the respect of being able to be with who they want. I don't want to see it though and they should respect the rest of us for that! I don't get it, they are trying to legitimize something that is not legitimate! When I was screwing up in life "Drugs and Gangs", I never tried to rationalize my behavior as something good! I knew I was messing up! Personally I think homosexuals should do the same! If I was screwing some dude I sure as hell would not be trying to play it out as something that was right! I would think that I would have enough sense to at least admit that I was attracted to something that I should not be! Gay people are trying to force us to accept their unions as something that is normal or natural when it is not! Just saying! Some people may think that I messed up for saying all this, but it is just how I feel! In this country you can do whatever you want, but it does not make it right!

Well said Silentwssj, I agree.

Return to “All Sports Talk”