Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev, 2014

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev, 2014

Unread postby Coup » November 7th, 2014, 4:28 pm

I know it has been pretty dead on the forum but how many are going to check out this fight tomorrow? For the 1st time in awhile I think ole B-Hop could take the L. This Russian/German? is trained by a guy that once trained Hopkins.....that could mean something before all is said and done. Usually fighters like Hopkins run their own camp and only have trainers there to manage things. This could be interesting for the old guy.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Hopkins

Unread postby oso1 » November 8th, 2014, 1:21 am

I plan on watching the fight, If Hopkins wins he makes history by being the oldest (49?) fighter to win a title.

Honestly I don't know much about his opponent other than what you (Coup) had mentioned, he is trained by John David Jackson. Jackson not only fought Hopkins, he also trained him at one time too.

I would have created threads or posted more on boxing, but it seems like people are losing interest in the sport, myself included.

Too much B.S. going on.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread postby Quepolo3 » November 8th, 2014, 6:10 am

@Coup & Oso1- I plan on checking out this fight. I am also curious to see if Hopkins can pull this out. I haven't seen much of Kovalev to know what to expect. I didn't know that Jackson was training this guy, and I wouldn't put much on it. I'm not sure but I don't think that he worked with Hopkins that long. Bernard is a defensive fighter, and will always be hard to knock out. I think he will have to out work Hopkins, and that is where the Age will come in to play.

I agree that Boxing needs to make some changes. Too much B.S., I know that it's a Business, but it's a gladiator sport and you can't run from opponents.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby oso1 » November 8th, 2014, 10:55 pm

It was an OK fight, I'm really impressed with Kovalev. He throws a lot of feints and fakes, mixes up his punches well, and remains calm. I would like to see him throw more body punches though, hopefully his trainer works with him on that. Jackson has done a pretty good job training the Russian.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » November 10th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Not too impressed by Kovalev, but he did what he was supposed to. Needs a good fight against and athletic smart boxer. He has yet to be really tested. Bhop should call it a day. He can still be some but not the good Lt. Heavy's. Ward needs to step up to Lt. Heavy and fight Spephens, Kovalev and all the others.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby cliffard » November 25th, 2014, 12:08 am

b-hop got nothing to prove, hes fought on to an age more like the old school boxers use to carry on till (archie moore springs instantly to mind among others) hes still got all his faculties and is pretty much at the top of his game...no need to carry on, the one opponent no fighter (or no body full stop) beats is old father time, my mans done much better than most...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread postby alexalonso » December 4th, 2014, 2:21 pm

press conf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev, 2014

Unread postby alexalonso » December 4th, 2014, 2:23 pm

highlights of the fight, Hopkins down in the first/

Return to “All Sports Talk”