Amir Khan and Tim Bradley

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Amir Khan and Tim Bradley

Unread postby Coup » December 15th, 2014, 11:04 am

Looked good this weekend, had Alexander outmatched. He is most likely Mayweathers next opponent for May. His speed was impressive, but he can be touched.

Bradley should have won that fight against Chavez, but he didn't stay on him enough. Those head butts made that eye look nasty. Bradley is like the odd man out....has beat some very good fighters but hasn't pushed over the hump yet. He should not move up to 154...he will get ko'ed.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Amir Khan and Tim Bradley

Unread postby oso1 » December 16th, 2014, 10:57 pm

I thought this was the best that Amir Khan has looked in a fight, and he didn't even drop Alexander. He did some really good work against a solid pro. My only complaint is not enough body work, but then again Alexander is a very skilled fighter who could have countered Amir's work.

I was only able to watch a couple of rounds of the Bradley fight, so I really can't comment on his performance.

I seen a few rounds of the Jose Benavidez vs. Herrera fight, I wasn't impressed with Jose at all. At times he seemed lazy just laying on the ropes.

I watched the Victor Ortiz fight on YouTube, I wasn't impressed, but then again he's been on a long lay off.

I only watched a couple of rounds of the Keith Thurman bout. He was getting boo'd because he was using his boxing skills instead of just going for the KO.

Saturday was a good night for boxing. You had Showtime and HBO competing with each other that night.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread postby alexalonso » December 17th, 2014, 12:26 am

i missed both these fights

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » December 17th, 2014, 10:57 am

Oso

Herera got robbed. He won that but just like against Swift, the judges did him dirty. Bradley looked good but sloppy at times. He is definitely a better boxer than Chavez, and even got gritty with him for a few rounds but backed off too much. Chavez is tough.

Khan has always been a question to me. Very good speed and agility but I question his defense. I think he will fight Mayweather only because Manny/Arum are going to pull the same shit with him as they did the last time the fight "almost" happened.

Thurman.....is dangerous. He fought a smart fight. He could be next to make real noise.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » February 4th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Looks like Arum is back to making sure Pacman and Money don't fight. Hopefully Pacmans camp can step up and make it happen for May 2nd. If not, Pacman wants to fight Khan and Mayweather will likely fight???

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby oso1 » February 6th, 2015, 12:08 am

Other than Pacquiao, no one comes to mind that I would want to see Mayweather fight. Cotto, no, already be done. And the only reason why Cotto's name is mentioned is, supposedly Roach reinvented Miguel.

GGG, yes but Mayweather is too small for him.

Khan vs Pac is ok.

I'd rather see a rematch between Khan & Maidana @147 the winner gets Pacquiao.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » February 6th, 2015, 10:16 am

Mayweather is kinda stuck then. Arum said HBO and Showtime had agreed on the fight and a top exec from Showtime said he is lying. Arum hates Mayweather and does not want this fight to happen. HBO has their hands tied since Golden Boy and Mayweather left for Showtime. Arum is their $$$.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread postby Quepolo3 » February 9th, 2015, 3:29 pm

I would like to see Floyd and Pac. that is the fight everyone is waiting on, but in the meantime a Khan vs. Bradley fight would be nice. I think Oso said he would like to see the Khan vs. Maidana match up and I would have to agree. Needless to say Mayweather is the lotto ticket and Arum is going to cave, too much money involved.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby oso1 » February 11th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:I would like to see Floyd and Pac. that is the fight everyone is waiting on, but in the meantime a Khan vs. Bradley fight would be nice. I think Oso said he would like to see the Khan vs. Maidana match up and I would have to agree. Needless to say Mayweather is the lotto ticket and Arum is going to cave, too much money involved.

Maidana vs Khan or the winner of Thurman, Guerrero bout would be nice.

Broner is not an option since he fights @140 now. The winner of the Broner vs Molina fight should fight the winner of the Matthysse vs Provodinkov fight.

I don't know the politics of boxing Top Rank, Golden Boy, Al Haymon, etc so I don't know if those fights are possible.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » February 11th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Top Rank = HBO
Mayweather, Al Haymon = Showtime

Golden Boy just opened up talks with Top Rank/HBO again so some of those fights are possible. All that drama with Oscar and his former CEO of Golden Boy came around at that time.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » February 11th, 2015, 1:47 pm

^^And Haymon is smart....he is now going to NBC with some possibly good fights....this will add leverage for $$ fights down the line.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread postby alexalonso » April 27th, 2015, 12:02 am

Amir Khan will never be the same fighter and Tim Bradley is the most boring fighter to watch.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Coup » April 28th, 2015, 10:09 am

Bradley...boring most of the time but he and Provodnikov was a good one. He was careless and took some good hits. His boxing scares a lot of fighters off.

Khan has lots of speed but a weak chin.

Return to “All Sports Talk”