God doesn't exsist, religion is BS

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Glans

God doesn't exsist, religion is BS

Unread post by Glans » May 5th, 2006, 10:49 am

everyone just would get that there wouldn't be so much shit in the world
in the middle east people goes nuts everyday and kill each other cause they think allah will be happy or something...but if no one belivied in allah that shit wouldn't be happening
and in india 250 million live in poverty just cause people claim they have been reborn as poor just because they did something bad in thier previos life
and for some reason you aren't aloud to have sex before your married, when the bible was written there were no condoms but now there is so whats the big fucking problem!?!
a couple of thousand years ago people couldn't explain why there was thunder, rain, sunshine and such so the easiest way to explain it was that there must be some mighty men in the sky controlling everything, so then god/gods was "created"
i feel sad for the people who still believes in this in the year of 2006
in my country, sweden, only 2 % of the population goes to church every sunday but in america like 50 % do, that's just sad :shock:
and george bush said that "god told him to attack iraq", it's very scary that the most powerful man on earth has voices in his head telling him to go to war...if a swedish prime minister would say some like that he would have to resign and would be considered an emberresment for the country

so my final word is, don't live your life after some books that were written thousands of years ago

"i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't excist" (i don't listen to marilyn manson but that is a good quote :wink: )

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 5th, 2006, 10:58 am

We'll have this discussion after you grow up.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 5th, 2006, 11:42 am

Believe or dont believe, I DONT believe in any god. If god personally shakes my hand, and walks on water, then mabye ill believe.

jeremy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jeremy » May 5th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Monotheist(Christianity/Judaism/Islam) religions are the worse because they tell people to kill those that are not like them.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 5th, 2006, 2:14 pm

jeremy. wrote:Believe or dont believe, I DONT believe in any god. If god personally shakes my hand, and walks on water, then mabye ill believe.
He knows that Jeremy.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 12:07 am

jeremy wrote:Monotheist(Christianity/Judaism/Islam) religions are the worse because they tell people to kill those that are not like them.
My skeptic friend, you are making a common charge popular with postmodernists but there is little actual substance to it because neither Christianity nor Judaism holds such a doctrinal statement. For example, a very typical error is made by atheists who equate the actions of corrupt state run churches for gain with authentic apostolic Christianity which teaches exactly the opposite.

Now you are tying Islam to Christianity (and Judaism) not realizing that only the Qu’ran teaches what you assert which is to kill those who do not convert (in Ch 47 verse 4, Ch 9 verse 111 and Ch 9 verse 5); however, Islam has some contradictory verses that deal with this topic. For example, one says "no innocent person should be killed", and others say to kill the unbeliever, or to tax, or to enslave them.... this is evidence of the inconsistency within the Quran.

Honestly, one might even question whether Muslim interpretation as a whole falls under such a harsh judgment. As I understand orthodox Sunni doctrine, violence is only allowed as a response to the aggression of a third party. Preemptive strikes are not permitted and under no circumstances are non-combatants to be targeted. Much of the Islamic terrorism in the news today represents either Shiite or a small fringe Sunni sect which does not represent mainstream Sunni beliefs. This is not a defense of Islam or a negation of the contradictions found in the Qu'ran but simply an effort to fairly evaluate Sunni doctrine.

Another inescapable fact is, as Christian apologists point out, that the Qu'ran is in conflict with the Injeel (New Testament) and Mohammed said to read and follow the teachings of Jesus (the Injeel). Christian apologists do this to get Muslims to call into question the teachings of their own faith. Now according to the rules of textbook logic my friend, specific real assertions that directly contradict each other and do not integrate in a factual systematic manner in reality cannot both be true and again the Bible (both the first scriptures and second scriptures) prohibits the very thing that you are asserting.

Regarding the Torah. Note there are numerous commands in the Torah to treat strangers (non-Jews) kindly and mercifully "because you were strangers in the land of Egypt." This is a pillar of Judaism, both ancient and modern. Now there are cases in the Bible where God called for the forceful removal/elimination of certain groups by the Jews, however, that needs to be understand in the proper historical perspective which I don't think you have yet (just the truth and no disrespect intended whatsoever). This was far from "killing those not like us" and much more a factor relating to the survival of God's people since these people rejected God, worshipped demons, and practiced despicable generational rituals such as child sacrifice and were constant enemies attempting to wipe out God's people. The Bible tells us that God's desire is that not one would be lost (and this means Muslims too). Even in the Old Testament, the Jews were never told to totally eradicate a people solely based on the fact that they weren't Jewish or didn't convert to Judaism. Rather, it was in response to a depravity so extreme that there was no possible redemption for the culture. And no such extreme response is ever commanded by the Christian Scriptures.

Furthermore, your sense that it is wrong to murder people is evidence of the existence of objective moral standards, hence, of God. The most dangerous idea in the history of mankind is atheism allied to the technological state. Over 200 million people were murdered during the 20th century by atheist states. Germany, Russia, China, North Korea, Pol Pot's Cambodia, just to name a few. More killing has been done by atheists like Stalin and Hitler than was ever done by the very unChristian Catholic Church. John Lennon and the hyper idealism of those who really have no idea what a world devoid of religion would be like make some real blunders in wishing away a supreme moral authority and the resulting rule of law, etc... Basing one's decision to not believe in God on the errors made by religious zealots is not sound reasoning.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 6th, 2006, 6:08 am

jeremy wrote:Monotheist(Christianity/Judaism/Islam) religions are the worse because they tell people to kill those that are not like them.
Only those who twist its teachings, cause no religion was meant to spread violence but to spread peace. What was made out of it is man made BS.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 6th, 2006, 9:50 am

Religion, is like the toothfairy...

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » May 6th, 2006, 11:02 am

jeremy. wrote:.... If [G]od personally shakes my hand, and walks on water, then [maybe] ill believe.
"maybe..." Wow! Even if He walks across water just to shake your hand, you would STILL have doubts.... :roll:

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 6th, 2006, 11:12 am

true...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Perhaps Jeremy doesn't care about objective real truth and the discussion necessary to discover that and simply desires to wish away the Gospel which exposes the bad things we do as wrong and therefore an offense to many.

I once had a conversation with a college instructor who jumped all over misunderstanding most everything she talked about whether it was scripture, history, or quantum mechanics. In the end she revealed that she was a lesbian and horrified that the Bibel judged her a sinner. That was the real issue right there. Truth had nothing to do with it.

I mean if there is no God then there is no objective moral standard for not killing people if it makes you happy to do so.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 6th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
I mean if there is no God then there is no objective moral standard for not killing people if it makes you happy to do so.
you serious? for not killin people, thers also the thought of bein locked up for life...

Sombody proove theres a god, anybody met this cat?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 2:53 pm

jeremy. wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
you serious? for not killin people, thers also the thought of bein locked up for life...

Sombody proove theres a god, anybody met this cat?
Yes I'm serious. Without Creator God, there is no eternal ultimate supreme real moral standard.

All you have left are man made standards being forced upon people by other people and their influence only extends to the life of the people.

But with God you have very real accountability that time can never negate.

That's why it's wrong to murder people Jeremy. It isn't because you feel it is wrong. It's because it really is wrong. It isn't wrong because a temporary man made justice system might hold you accountable. It's wrong because the ultimate supreme real moral force who created the universe has revealed that it is wrong.

And God lives in me Jeremy. He lives in all those who have been "born again" or passed from death into eternal life. You have a lot of learning to do my friend.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 6th, 2006, 2:59 pm

nah... everything is done by man, whats god done? Do you know anyone in heaven or hell? if so, how do you know there there?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 3:34 pm

God not man created the "heavens and the earth" (e.g. the universe). I know astrophysicsts and astronomers at CalTech that are more involved with truth than money and fame via writing controversial books that seek to get around truth and they have shown me why it is statistically impossible given any current rational model that doesn't appeal to the infinite possibility (and even those run into serious problems) for our universe unfolding as it has outside of design.

And sure I know people who have died passing from their mortal terrestrially based temporary bodies to dimensions (e.g. heaven or hell) outside of the physical dimensions comprising our universe.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 6th, 2006, 3:37 pm

I jus need proof...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Honestly, you are surrounded by it.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 6th, 2006, 6:06 pm

I would like to believe but nowadays it's really hard to.

Think about it. Each religion believes that if you don't believe in their religion you are doomed to hell.

Christians believe Muslims are going to hell and Muslims believe Chrisitans are going to hell.

Not only that but how is it that the world is so fucked up today?

God decides what happens in our lives correct?

So then why is it that some 17 year old girl can be born into a life of extreme wealth and opportunity and her only worry is what color purse she wants to carry her pink poodle "Fluffy" around in, yet just a few miles away 15 year old kids are blowing each others heads off each day because of what color they are wearing?

I work at a community center and I work with inner city kids. Some of these kids moved here from New York City and all they know is the ghetto. I hear these kids talking about UZI's and pumping shots into people like it's nothing.

Like a little girl talks bout Barbies these kids talk about how their dads got locked up for drug dealing and about how when they moved here some guy shoved a shotgun into their faces and robbed their parents.

Yet only 4 miles people are taking their Yahts out into the water and their only concerns are what tie they want to wear to the office the next day.

I sat next to a kid in high school that chopped up some girl after raping her.

A kid at my middle school got killed in a fist fight.

Some 16 year old kid got his head blown off after robbing a pizza guy.

I know that people choose their lives but why the fuck is it so unequal????

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 6th, 2006, 6:09 pm

PS, the homicides every day thing was in reference to LA....

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » May 6th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Some of the remarks on this thread proves Satan exist.....

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 6th, 2006, 7:32 pm

X wrote:Some of the remarks on this thread proves Satan exist.....
Which statements?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2006, 10:48 pm

A Ghost wrote:I would like to believe but nowadays it's really hard to.

Think about it. Each religion believes that if you don't believe in their religion you are doomed to hell.

Christians believe Muslims are going to hell and Muslims believe Chrisitans are going to hell.

Not only that but how is it that the world is so #%@& up today?

God decides what happens in our lives correct?

So then why is it that some 17 year old girl can be born into a life of extreme wealth and opportunity and her only worry is what color purse she wants to carry her pink poodle "Fluffy" around in, yet just a few miles away 15 year old kids are blowing each others heads off each day because of what color they are wearing?

I work at a community center and I work with inner city kids. Some of these kids moved here from New York City and all they know is the ghetto. I hear these kids talking about UZI's and pumping shots into people like it's nothing.

Like a little girl talks bout Barbies these kids talk about how their dads got locked up for drug dealing and about how when they moved here some guy shoved a shotgun into their faces and robbed their parents.

Yet only 4 miles people are taking their Yahts out into the water and their only concerns are what tie they want to wear to the office the next day.

I sat next to a kid in high school that chopped up some girl after raping her.

A kid at my middle school got killed in a fist fight.

Some 16 year old kid got his head blown off after robbing a pizza guy.

I know that people choose their lives but why the fu-- is it so unequal????
There are so many good articulate ways to respond to this most basic question. But it's getting late and I have to go so I'll just leave you with a link that discusses some reasons why God allows evil to exist temporarily. Peace.

http://www.josh.org/apologetics/prev_qu ... ure+of+God

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 7th, 2006, 8:44 am

I jus say, people think other religions are false, whats saying bein christian is'nt a false religion?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 7th, 2006, 11:48 am

jeremy. wrote:I jus say, people think other religions are false, whats saying bein christian is'nt a false religion?
Truth is saying it Jeremy. That's the whole point. False religious systems (including atheism) do not have the truth and that can be shown to be true.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 7th, 2006, 1:18 pm

The bible says that God created the Earth and then man correct?

And that he told Adam to name all the animals?

What about dinosaurs? Did he name them too?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 7th, 2006, 2:05 pm

A Ghost wrote:The bible says that God created the Earth and then man correct?

The word day in the Bible used in Genesis 1 and 2 is 'yom' and is an ancient Hebrew word that means different things depending on the context used. Most modern evangelicals misinterpreted it as a 24 hour period because that's what they translated it as and that's what the word means to them in English. This was never an issue in the early church and many ancient Christian scholars held to the word day's meaning as it existed in the original ancient Hebrew.

However, ancient Hebrew scholars, most of the best Biblical scholars, and most of the best scientists who are Christians today assert, same as the early scholars, that it means in the context used to define the initial creation process defined in Gensis 1 and 2 simply: a period of time.

Scholar Rodney Whitefield wrote a very good book that explains it thoroughly titled 'Reading Genesis One.' It will help you understand the sequence of events properly therefore setting the stage for you to understand what happened and how it happened.

I could certainly point you to the necessary scholarly materials to answer all of your questions one at a time but this is really the place to start. Accurately understanding what the Bible is saying.

You may be getting your information from a bunch kooky but well meaning young earth creationists who believe people rode dinasours around and the world was processed in six literal 24 hours periods and anyone who looks at the actual evidence and sees this isn't so is a mistaken and they won't compromise because they can read English and the word says day and a day is 24 hours and that's it God said it so it is so.

Avoid them.. lol. They are not looking at the evidence and systematically drawing sound conclusions. Their faith is not founded on fact but on ignorance and an unwillingness to learn.

The answers to your questions are real and available to you so step up and do some research and educate yourself. This book is an excellent resource to start with.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 7th, 2006, 2:41 pm

jeremy. wrote:I jus need proof...
Is there an ultimate proof for god? No. Is there an ultimate disproof for god? No.

So you can choose whatever you wnt, but keep in mind that nothing comes out of nothing.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 7th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Sentenza wrote:
Is there an ultimate proof for god? No. Is there an ultimate disproof for god? No.

So you can choose whatever you wnt, but keep in mind that nothing comes out of nothing.
God's existence is the ultimate truth and there is plenty of supporting evidence for that.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 7th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
Sentenza wrote:

God's existence is the ultimate truth and there is plenty of supporting evidence for that.
So i have yet to find this ultimate proof. There are only indicators in my opinion.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 7th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Sentenza wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
Sentenza wrote:

So i have yet to find this ultimate proof. There are only indicators in my opinion.
exactly

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 7th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
A Ghost wrote:The bible says that God created the Earth and then man correct?

You may be getting your information from a bunch kooky but well meaning young earth creationists who believe people rode dinasours around and the world was processed in six literal 24 hours periods and anyone who looks at the actual evidence and sees this isn't so is a mistaken and they won't compromise because they can read English and the word says day and a day is 24 hours and that's it God said it so it is so
Yeah..

My neighbors....

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 7th, 2006, 6:25 pm

jeremy. wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
Sentenza wrote:

exactly
Well but in my opinion those indicators are enough. I do believe in god.
I am very critical about the bible and the church, because both of them include lots of man made BS, which i just cant follow.
But i have thought about this a lot and i think that basically Religion(most of them) was intended to get the best out of man, he just made it bad occasionally.
If someone has a positive faith and uses it to improve his life and the world, i can only encourage that.
ut if you use religion as an instrument of oprression or to humiliate my basic human rights, then get the fuck out of my face.
:wink:

Return to “Religious Thought”