How do you become a muslim?

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Smokey61

How do you become a muslim?

Unread post by Smokey61 » July 15th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Can anyone tell me how you become a muslim?

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » July 16th, 2006, 9:19 am

You must first believe in the 5 Pillars of Islam which are : 1. testifying that there is no God but God and Muhammad is God's messenger. 2. Praying 5 times a day. 3. Fasting in the month of Ramadan. 4. Paying Zakat. 5. Making Hajj once in your lifetime if you have the health and means.

Once you understand, believe in, and can abide by these 5 pillars, you say the Shahada (I testify that there is no god but God and Muhammad is His slave and messenger).

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 16th, 2006, 10:07 am

Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:You must first believe in the 5 Pillars of Islam which are : 1. testifying that there is no God but God and Muhammad is God's messenger. 2. Praying 5 times a day. 3. Fasting in the month of Ramadan. 4. Paying Zakat. 5. Making Hajj once in your lifetime if you have the health and means.

Once you understand, believe in, and can abide by these 5 pillars, you say the Shahada (I testify that there is no god but God and Muhammad is His slave and messenger).
Except for the last thing, the testimony, on which 3 Muslims have to be witness, does anyone has to confirm, that you have done the 5 other things?

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » July 18th, 2006, 9:54 am

Sentenza wrote:
Mahmoud Siddiqi wrote:You must first believe in the 5 Pillars of Islam which are : 1. testifying that there is no God but God and Muhammad is God's messenger. 2. Praying 5 times a day. 3. Fasting in the month of Ramadan. 4. Paying Zakat. 5. Making Hajj once in your lifetime if you have the health and means.

Except for the last thing, the testimony, on which 3 Muslims have to be witness, does anyone has to confirm, that you have done the 5 other things?
Allah is the best witness. Everything in Islam is done soley for the sake of Allah.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » July 18th, 2006, 5:15 pm

I think you should do some homework before making a commitment to any belief system. Period. Study major world religions using their primary manuscripts. They are very different and do not all lead to the same place as you have been taught in this age of subjective post modernism. Make a decision based real logic and reason and not on emotion. Seek the truth and never cease from that path. Never stop learning and never become a "blind" adherent to a belief system. My advice friend. Go in peace.

YoungHustla
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by YoungHustla » July 19th, 2006, 1:00 pm

ima tell you about islam and the faith

my boy went to jail and started reading up on islam and muhammad, (not the muhammad from the 60's) and he said he was commited to islam. then one day he ripped out a blank page from the qur'an and tried to roll some tobacco in it (he was in jail). alot of people frowned upon that, but that SIN CAN BE FORGIVEN. so basically u have to be dedicated and confess with your heart and tongue that there is no other god but allah and his slave is muhammad. you have to educate yourself, better yourself as a purpose, and most of all dont eat pork. now its alot of stuff out there that has pork in it, red juices, jello, lipstick, marshmellows, all of that stuff. always do your prayers facing east (towards the holy mosque in Makkah (mecca) when you commit as sin, cleanse yourself, and fast. now if u are sick on the month of ramadan and u dont fast, u have to make up those days. and a quran is susposed to be read from right to left, (they have qurans out there like that). and in most prayers u have to repeat the phrase "allahu akbar" meaning God is most great". and i wouldnt become a muslim just to say "THE WHITE MAN THIS THE WHITE MAN THAT" cuz that will not get u anywhere. true muslims comes from all races and cultures. Did u know CHINA has the 3rd biggest ISLAMIC capitol in the WORLD? oh yeah, last but not least, know that "JESUS" was a messenger (prophet) not the Son Of God. one more thing, if you take part in JIHAD (HOLY WAR) you'll earn the highest spot in paradise. if u need to know more info PM ME

874Boys

Re: How do you become a muslim?

Unread post by 874Boys » July 20th, 2006, 12:05 am

Cool-Breeze wrote:Can anyone tell me how you become a muslim?
If you want to become Muslim don't delay. The moment you accept Islam all your sins are forgiven and you keep all your good deeds. Go to http://www.islaam.ca
and look at the FAQ section on How to Become Muslim. It has the testification in Arabic trasliterated into English characters and translated into English.

For anyone else who is thinking about becoming a Muslim it doesn't matter what you have done. The moment you accept Islam all your sins are forgiven.

For anyone who is a gangsta, baller, high roller, thug, player or whatever check out the site. Don't want to read, just listen to the testimonials of people who accepted Islam like Mutah Beale aka Napoleon. He use to hang with Tupac. Listen to Marcus Christmas who use to live the thug life before coming to Islam.

If you just want to learn about real Islam this is the site.

http://www.islaam.ca

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 20th, 2006, 6:19 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:I think you should do some homework before making a commitment to any belief system. Period. Study major world religions using their primary manuscripts. They are very different and do not all lead to the same place as you have been taught in this age of subjective post modernism. .
That idea didnt come up in this age. The first ones that had it, were the Bahai'i i think.

shortylord712

Unread post by shortylord712 » July 24th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Gyasi wrote:Can anyone tell me how you become a muslim?
believe in the muslim law and love the life? idk

YoungHustla
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by YoungHustla » August 3rd, 2006, 11:38 am

SHAHADAH . its that simple, anyway, pm me if u need help

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » September 17th, 2006, 7:20 am

first off all im in a muslim country so ima lay it down. some of these ppl on this site are saying this nation of islam shit which isnt real islam. Islam is about your submission to god and testyfying and witnessing that there is one god worthy of worship anmd his name is allah and his prophet is muhhamad praise be upon him for he is allahs last messenger. Secondly if "ya boy" ever ripped out any page of the qu ran or put it anywhere dirty he is a sinner and deserves to be hurt.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 17th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Smokey61 wrote:Can anyone tell me how you become a muslim?
Go to a mosque and say you want to convert. :D

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » September 18th, 2006, 6:03 am

yeah you should also talk to your local imam and tell him of your will to join and that you would like help.

Manso
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Manso » September 18th, 2006, 3:16 pm

I will give the Muslims one thing and that is most of them, from what I see, are a lot more devoted than most Christians and or Jews. Most of them are very faithful people and I respect that. What I wanna know is why is Muhammed so special to them? I mean what did he do that they think is so special or important? I know some Christians are crazy but I don't see any Christians nowadays killing people cuz someone defamed any of the prophets of the Bible or even Jesus Christ. Whats ironic is that those muslims over there in the middle east say that USA is the devil when those dudes think they're doing Allah a favor by killing inocent people and blowing themsleves up too. I see the extremist muslim beliefs more satanic than anything I've ever heard of.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » September 18th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Tigueraje wrote:I will give the Muslims one thing and that is most of them, from what I see, are a lot more devoted than most Christians and or Jews. Most of them are very faithful people and I respect that. What I wanna know is why is Muhammed so special to them? I mean what did he do that they think is so special or important? I know some Christians are crazy but I don't see any Christians nowadays killing people because someone defamed any of the prophets of the Bible or even Jesus Christ. Whats ironic is that those muslims over there in the middle east say that USA is the devil when those dudes think they're doing Allah a favor by killing inocent people and blowing themsleves up too. I see the extremist muslim beliefs more satanic than anything I've ever heard of.
Muslim extremist beliefs are bad....Definitely. But the world has seen such madness before, over and over.
If you think they are the most satanic then you must not have heard about middle-age christian beliefs or Naz-shit. Stalinistic-Mao type shit.
All of them are shit.

Manso
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Manso » September 18th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Yeah I agree with u on that but Im talking about now... The middles ages are over and those were catholics... that was the apostasy/dark ages so u can't really blame all christians for the crusades and other evils like that.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » September 18th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Tigueraje wrote:Yeah I agree with u on that but Im talking about now... The middles ages are over and those were catholics... that was the apostasy/dark ages so u can't really blame all christians for the crusades and other evils like that.
Yea i know, i just believe that in a while that shit will be over and Islam will be reformed. Just like in europe, after the dark ages came the enlightment, cause people were fed up with the shit.
Doesnt play a role for us, cause terrorism is now and we wont be alive or well be old when that will happen, but still.....

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » September 19th, 2006, 4:45 am

we get ofended because the prophet muhammad was the final messenger of allah so he is the most important and he spread islam evrywhere that is why he is so important. That is why he is not to be sung about with music or drawn., Doing that for us is like spitting on an image of jesus is to you.

Mahmoud Siddiqi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mahmoud Siddiqi » December 5th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Aki no hay miedo wrote:I wanna know is why is Muhammed so special to them? I mean what did he do that they think is so special or important? I know some Christians are crazy but I don't see any Christians nowadays killing people because someone defamed any of the prophets of the Bible or even Jesus Christ. Whats ironic is that those muslims over there in the middle east say that USA is the devil when those dudes think they're doing Allah a favor by killing inocent people and blowing themsleves up too. I see the extremist muslim beliefs more satanic than anything I've ever heard of.
As Salam Alaikum,

The reason why Muslims value and respect Prophet Muhammad so much is that he was the tool for which God taught us His book and taught us how to worship Him. Muhammad is the last prophet, the seal of the prophets. He once said " I have simply been sent to perfect human character."

So without Prophet Muhammad, we would be lost, not know how to act, not know the best way to worship God, not know what God wants, not know all of the knowledge that the Qur'an holds.

Brown Street
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Brown Street » December 9th, 2006, 12:23 am

Perhaps one of you can enlighten me-when someone who is not a moslem says something about mohammed that is not islamically politically correct, moslems get very offended; this has caused some unpleasant results-death threats due to cartoons! this was in a non-moslem state, where the people had freedom of speech-apparently some moslems do not care about those circumstances, and threatened to kill over a cartoon because non-moslem people did not refer to mohammed in a moslem way.

up the page in this discussion, someone said something like "remember, jesus is a messenger, not the son of god . . . " now, this, to a christian is more important than a cartoon-this statement contradicts very basic christian theological precepts, and this statement is indeed a grave insult to christians.

which leads to my question-and i have seen this over and over and over-why do moslems INSIST that non-moslems refer to mohammed in a moslem way and with great respect, yet, refer to jesus in ways that are an insult to christians? it seems that moslems do not have the repsect for other religions that they insist be shown to their religion. and i do not want ot hear a bunch of stuff about how it says in the koran that moslems do not insult other religions, because with this kind of thing they certainly do! so i will ask again-why do moslems think they can hold non moslems to standards that the moslems will not respect themselves?

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 9th, 2006, 12:26 am

Wear a turban and grow a beard.

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

wow

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » December 14th, 2006, 3:56 am

that was really stereotypicval and u just made yourself look really stupid well done i hope your proud

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: wow

Unread post by abc12345 » December 15th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Tacomahilltop wrote:that was really stereotypicval and u just made yourself look really stupid well done i hope your proud
It's a fucking joke. Do you get fucking jokes? Will you fucking lighten up please???

Holy fucking shit what's it with you Americans and attacking the first man you see on the street???

Sterotype? Or my opinion?

I hope you're not dumb enough to figure which one... :roll:

Chi Town reppin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chi Town reppin » December 18th, 2006, 10:44 am

You are born a muslim its wether you aknowlege it or not. We are all born in submission to the will of Allah. Wether you are a good muslim or a bad one is up to you

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 18th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Chi Town reppin wrote:You are born a muslim its wether you aknowlege it or not. We are all born in submission to the will of Allah. Wether you are a good muslim or a bad one is up to you
You are 100% correct...

Saamir_Red_Fam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Saamir_Red_Fam » December 22nd, 2006, 7:24 pm

exactly.....i learned too pronounce the shahada in arabic...

Saamir_Red_Fam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Saamir_Red_Fam » December 22nd, 2006, 7:25 pm

Chi Town reppin wrote:You are born a muslim its wether you aknowlege it or not. We are all born in submission to the will of Allah. Wether you are a good muslim or a bad one is up to you
now thats the real truth right there.....

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 23rd, 2006, 11:22 am

Saamir_Red_Fam wrote:
now thats the real truth right there.....

Yes sir...

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » December 24th, 2006, 6:22 am

YoungHustla wrote: if you take part in JIHAD (HOLY WAR) you'll earn the highest spot in paradise.
wat kind of bullsh!t is this?
You gotta specify wat u mean by Jihad, in this day and age any fight muslims get involved with, sum twisted ringleader is gon call it a Jihad. They say goin to suicide bomb a bus full of innocent people is Jihad, nah it aint.
It's when your fighting to save your religion, like in the Crusades, but all this Jihad stuff goin on today is not Jihad, its just dumbass old muslim preachers who want young ppl to die to acheive their own goals

funk on site
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by funk on site » December 24th, 2006, 6:51 am

Wear a turban and grow a beard.
i never even see no muslims with a turban, they be bald n sh*t

Saamir_Red_Fam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Saamir_Red_Fam » December 25th, 2006, 12:10 pm

niro wrote:
YoungHustla wrote: if you take part in JIHAD (HOLY WAR) you'll earn the highest spot in paradise.
You gotta specify wat u mean by Jihad, in this day and age any fight muslims get involved with, sum twisted ringleader is gon call it a Jihad. They say goin to suicide bomb a bus full of innocent people is Jihad, nah it aint.
It's when your fighting to save your religion, like in the Crusades, but all this Jihad stuff goin on today is not Jihad, its just dumbass old muslim preachers who want young ppl to die to acheive their own goals

jihad, really means struggle....like any struggle, wether its a inner struggle with yourself, or fighting for what you believe in...

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » December 26th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Saamir_Red_Fam wrote:
niro wrote:

jihad, really means struggle....like any struggle, wether its a inner struggle with yourself, or fighting for what you believe in...
u think half these dumbasses claimin jihad at everythin kno wtf they fighting for? yea they may say we're fightin to free palestine or sum stuff but how they freeing watever country wen they blowin up ppl who got nothin to do with it

Return to “Religious Thought”