Muslim population at University California Irvine

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 20th, 2006, 9:42 am

Tacomahilltop wrote:no i am not a violent person but that is just offensive.
Blakk who are you to wave and israeli flag jews are the snakes of the world and deserve to be slaughtered like the pigs that you eat.
Well that sounds pretty violent AND offensive.

Why is it offensive for him to have waved the Israeli flag?

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 20th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
Blakk who are you to wave and israeli flag jews are the snakes of the world and deserve to be slaughtered like the pigs that you eat.

cause its the west and a free nation, we don't blow peoples heads off for expressing them selves, standing up for the rights of others or proving their foolish ideology.
its obvious that muslims are out on a recruitment spree, just like the US military, they are looking for bodies to do their evil deeds.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 20th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
Tacomahilltop wrote:Blakk who are you to wave and israeli flag jews are the snakes of the world and deserve to be slaughtered like the pigs that you eat.
I don't eat pig meat, I don't eat Pork... Jews deserve to be slaughtered? Nope. The Iranian and Palestinian hierarchy deserves to be slaughtered like fuckin animals. Why do you say such things "Taco", why do you express so much coercion towards the Israeli people, as if you are a fool? You say you are not a violent person but your post indicate otherwise.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 20th, 2006, 2:06 pm

The Iranian and Palestinian hierarchy deserves to be slaughtered like fuckin animals.
Blakk.....why would you stoop to that level?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 20th, 2006, 2:15 pm

its obvious that muslims are out on a recruitment spree
Not necessarily, at this rate, Americas image has been so tarnished through propaganda in the Middle East, that children, young children are leaving there families to become martyrers at will.

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 20th, 2006, 2:29 pm

BlaKK wrote:
Not necessarily, at this rate, Americas image has been so tarnished through propaganda in the Middle East, that children, young children are leaving there families to become martyrers at will.
propaganda and martyrers...
yeah tricking the youth of their nation to believe that if they kill innocent, non combattants that they will get 30 virgins or what ever and they havn't even busted their own cherry yet.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » September 20th, 2006, 3:40 pm

BlaKK wrote:
Yea but most of them are coming from poor families without hope. Change that and you will have peace, instead of Bush bringing fake democracy there and Enron etc. sucking all the riches out of those countries.
And overthrow the fuckin stupid goverments they have and you will have peace within the next decade.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » September 20th, 2006, 3:41 pm

I am talking about the whole middle east.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » September 20th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Its like Cesar said, even though its sarcastic, but its true: Give the people games and bread and they will be satisfied.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 10:52 am

Christina Marie wrote:

Hmm not offensive to wave flags. Not violent, either. At least not to me...

Waving a country's flag, like putting it on a car, which many people did during that soccer cup thing, it's just annoying. It's showing off...

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 10:59 am

What for? Iran already has the Basij besides their own Army, and the Basij has like 11 million. Makes up most of Iran's military, and the most total troops I've seen.

They can continue their recruitement spree cause if you see them as spiritual, like those witch doctors that can take out that intestance that you don't need just by using they're hands and they won't even a wound on you, they can tell the future. WW3 will strike, whether you like it or not, and they're just getting ready...

Don't blame all muslims for it. First off, they're more sensitive than christians and care about their religion enough to protest and fight for it, with god's permission or not.

Blame the terrorists, extremeists and yourselves, not the little kids and women that are the most to get slaughtered when war hits --- aka civillians.

As someone here said or somewhere else, they've got nothing to lose. They have no hope. That counts for what they're doing now in prisions. Prisoners can't start a life all over again cause no one wants a person with a criminal record to work for them...

So what better place then within a group of people you'll fight for and in the end, tell you to hijack a plane and crash it into a big ass building...

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » September 21st, 2006, 10:41 pm

BlaKK wrote:
But it's not all propaganda. We have seen that much. The desecration of the Koran, the prison scandal, the raping and shooting of that innocent family. Those are just some of the things that we have heard about. You know its much worse over there. Not to mention our poor foreign policies. We would do much better if we tried to broker peace amongst the volatile Middle East countries, like we did with Suadi Arabia who adheres to the same beliefs as the others but we turn a blind eye to their misdeeds and human suffering. We cant force everyone to bend to our will and expect them to be happy and cheer for us.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 21st, 2006, 10:46 pm

I'm not even trying to speak on policy, that's my major, Ill be online for hours, I got a blunt to smoke for the moment being... Valid point, no it is not all propaganda, there is some truth, but who's truth?

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » September 25th, 2006, 5:57 am

BlaKK wrote:there is some truth, but who's truth?
I don't think there is an answer to that. One's wrong is anothers right and vice versa. U.S will never agree totally with their way of life and they will never agree with ours. In my opinion the best answer is compromise.

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » October 31st, 2006, 4:17 am

im not a violent person and im a good muslim i pray at the mosque 5 times a day and study the Qu'ran for 2 hours a day and i belive that 911 was extemely haram(wrong) In the Qu'ran it says its wrong to kill an innocent person and thats what they did they killed 3000 of them which is wrong. The main belief in Islam is that we come from Allah and are going back to him and if i was one of those bombers i would be very fearfull of my meeting with Allah because they are going to suffer in hell.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » October 31st, 2006, 2:41 pm

I recommend an interesting book titled "Journey Into the Mind of an Islamic Terrorist: Why they hate us and how we can change their minds" [ISBN 1-59185-713-9] written by a PhD who grew up as a devout Muslim in Egypt earning a doctorate in Islamic history and culture and taught at Al-Azhar University in Cario which is recognized as the most prestigious Islamic university in the world. If you're looking to qualify some real information on the subject, this would be one book to read. Peace.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 7th, 2006, 12:35 am

you dont got to be a scholar or a phd holder to know why, islamic martyers hate the west and the jews. Get out of their lands and keep your noses Out.

....... and i belive that 911 was extemely haram(wrong) In the Qu'ran it says its wrong to kill an innocent person and thats what they did they killed 3000 of them which is wrong.

i agree, believe it or not its wrong to commit suicide in islam and to kill civillians.

but most of these muslims martyers aint scholars and when they cant stand watching their fellow brothers suffering, they go to fight! and sometimes fall into the wrong hands.

fighting back isnt wrong, we are human, we cant be chained down, but how we choose to fight is what counts.

and to other is seems justified to shoot missiles into civillian areas, example hezbollah, becuz why should the jews sleep in their beds when innocent ppl are dying under the jewish rockets.

if we terror means, causing mayhem, chaos, war, fear and alarm.

then the u.s and isreal are the biggest terrorists.!!

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 23rd, 2007, 12:26 pm

Taking the time to read books from qualified authors that actually do know much more than you is preferable to blowing off the suggestion and stating a platitude instead.

Islamist terrorism is terrorism done to further Islam. Where such terrorists seek to establish an Islamic theocracy and impose rule of sharia it is sometimes termed 'Islamist. The history of Islam is fractured and rife with civil war; however, the expansion of Islam was done often and usually by the sword. And the overthrow of Islam had to usually be accomplished by the sword as well (e.g. Charles Martel was an interesting example); however, exceptions existed. If every westerner and Jew left predominantly Muslim areas, Islamic terrorists would celebrate, give glory to Allah, and continue their mission of spreading Islam as far as possible by any means possible. Their hate for the West and the Jews goes far beyond real estate issues though they do play a significant role.
frozen fire wrote:you dont got to be a scholar or a phd holder to know why, islamic martyers hate the west and the jews. Get out of their lands and keep your noses Out.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » March 23rd, 2007, 8:53 pm

Quote:
Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary.
The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book “Islam at the cross road”

“History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated.”

1. Islam means peace.
Islam comes from the root word ‘salaam’, which means peace. It also means submitting one’s will to Allah (swt). Thus Islam is a religion of peace, which is acquired by submitting one’s will to the will of the Supreme Creator, Allah (swt).

2. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace.
Each and every human being in this world is not in favour of maintaining peace and harmony. There are many, who would disrupt it for their own vested interests.
Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. It is precisely for this reason that we have the police who use force against criminals and antisocial elements to maintain peace in the country. Islam promotes peace.
At the same time, Islam exhorts it followers to fight where there is oppression.
The fight against oppression may, at times, require the use of force. In Islam force can only be used to promote peace and justice.

4. Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.

5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians.
Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians.

i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there wouldnot have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.

6.More than 80% non-Muslims in India.
The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non-Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword.

7.Indonesia and Malaysia.
Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, “Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?” ???

8.East Coast of Africa.

Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, “Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?”

9.Thomas Carlyle.
The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book “Heroes and Hero worship”, refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: “The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can.”

10.No compulsion in religion.
With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse:
“Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error”
[Al-Qur’an 2:256].

11.Sword of the Intellect.
It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125:
“Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.”
[Al-Qur’an 16:125]

12. Increase in the world religions from 1934 to 1984.
An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased only by 47%.
May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam???

13.Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe.
Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?

It is a common complaint among some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force. The past points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.
If every westerner and Jew left predominantly Muslim areas
IF?? ......this will never happen^. and yes if you left other peoples lands alone, which you have no right to occupy, they wont have reason to hate you.
you cannot invade countries and expect a warm welcome...have you forgotten european history of colonizing foreign countries and attempting to erase that countries history.
Where such terrorists seek to establish an Islamic theocracy and impose rule of sharia it is sometimes termed 'Islamist.
So, only a terrorist will want an islamic state?....so does that makes me one? , for not wanting the same kind of democracy to spread in my country, as IRAQ.
and continue their mission of spreading Islam as far as possible by any means possible
no not by any means possible, that will be against islam.

peace.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 24th, 2007, 9:12 am

frozen fire wrote: Get out of their lands and keep your noses Out.
-99.9% the reason why things are fucked up
-muslims do have it bad, i used to be islamaphobic i read about this awhile back and didnt think any of it (not the exact words). I actually hated muslims from what i saw on the television.... after 9/11 cause i thought shit hit the fan.
With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse:
[Al-Qur’an 2:256
-thats true and not alot of people know that, they been lead to think the muslims are just crazy killers....

good post

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 4th, 2007, 9:21 am

i think mabye i was wrong
[Al-Qur’an 2:256].

its too bad islam is repeating the same mistakes as christianity has :cry: , im sure it says that in the quran but i dont think the message is getting forward

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=26672

taken from the article above

Women who answer "Muslim" are set free, but typically soldiers gang-rape those who answer "Christian" then cut off their breasts and leave them to die as an example for others

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » April 5th, 2007, 7:05 am

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » April 6th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Women who answer "Muslim" are set free, but typically soldiers gang-rape those who answer "Christian" then cut off their breasts and leave them to die as an example for others
WTF! sick.
its too bad islam is repeating the same mistakes as christianity has
Not Islam, but those who CLAIM to be MUSLIMS.

You cannot say you are a follower of a religion or rule, when you break every commandment of it.

peace.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » April 8th, 2007, 8:33 pm

thats true but alot of religons walk down that path of death for some reason, dont know why mabye im wrong. cant be too sure these days i guess

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 18th, 2007, 10:01 pm

frozen fire wrote:
You cannot say you are a follower of a religion or rule, when you break every commandment of it.

peace.
Its funny though, cause those people always consider themselves as the truest Christians or Muslims.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » April 20th, 2007, 10:22 pm

Sentenza wrote:
frozen fire wrote:

peace.
Its funny though, cause those people always consider themselves as the truest Christians or Muslims.
You know, I personnaly keep a distance between myself and any group that has made for itself a new/different name but say they follow the same rules and commandments as everyone else.

Difference in name shows that they have different views... therefore straying from the original path, which they were meant to follow, or say they are following.

This results to picking and choosing of what they like to follow or not....then they start making up their own rules.

And then unspeakable acts will done...in the name of GOD.

peace.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 21st, 2007, 8:54 pm

frozen fire wrote:
its too bad islam is repeating the same mistakes as christianity has
Not Islam, but those who CLAIM to be MUSLIMS.

peace.
same goes for those who claim to be Christians but act against it

peace.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 27th, 2007, 10:40 am

Historically, there certainly has been Muslim military campaigns. These have sometimes been conducted on a grand scale with all the requisite ruthlessness, forced Islamic conversions upon pain of death, and slave taking. If you want to get started look at some examples, look at the history of Muslim invasions into Africa and Europe.

Take the Muslim expansion into Europe, which was ripe for conquest after the fall of the Roman Empire due to it being split into multiple provinces fighting for control over small regions of territory; in 711, the Umayyad Empire invaded the Iberian peninsula, conquered the Germanic Visigoths and Spain and began to move into France. They took spoils, slaves, and forced conversions upon pain of death. They were stopped cold at Poiters in 732 by the Franks. These Muslim Moorish invaders were a force led by Arab muslims and other peoples from the recently conquered lands of the Umayyad Empire including berbers other North African peoples and is supported by the modern genetic DNA evidence and linguistic evidence. Note that in the east the Roman Empire existed far longer than their Western counterpart and for almost 1000 years protected the West from Muslim expansion and invasion until it fell to the Ottoman Empire.

That's enough to get you started.

one1hype
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by one1hype » August 12th, 2007, 6:25 am

i could give a fuck about the fucking coran theres a verse in the coran that talks about if he/she is not islam and dont believe in the coran than they sould be incapitated...thats fucking twisted and sick...i would rather live in america than some goat fucking country in the middle east...and fuck anti white pro blacks that turn muslim...america is a lot better anyways the ppl that disagree havent been to america and seen its beauty...i would rather side with the jews than those twisted muslims that have crazy and extreme beliefs...lol i swear the coran is made up

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » August 18th, 2007, 5:49 am

one1hype wrote:i could give a fu-- about the #%@&#%@ coran theres a verse in the coran that talks about if he/she is not islam and dont believe in the coran than they sould be incapitated...thats #%@&#%@ twisted and sick...i would rather live in america than some goat #%@&#%@ country in the middle east...and fu-- anti white pro blacks that turn muslim...america is a lot better anyways the ppl that disagree havent been to america and seen its beauty...i would rather side with the jews than those twisted muslims that have crazy and extreme beliefs...lol i swear the coran is made up
Stop watching Fox News man.

You have no clue what you are talking about. The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, hospitable and polite and cant stand Terrorists themselves.
If you equal AlQuaeda and the likes with Muslims, you might aswell equal the KKK with christians.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 18th, 2007, 9:50 am

frozen fire wrote:5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians.
Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians.

i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there wouldnot have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.
Arab Christians and Jews (the religion) still got taxed more by many of the emperors, with the justification of "protection money." Even though you have stories about Muhammad returning a poor Jewish man's taxes and examples like that, it doesn't change the way it affected the majority of minorities.

And Arabs sort of took over the Muslim identity, to the point that some Coptic families changed their last name from abdu'lla (servant of Allah) to abdulMessih (sometimes spelled abdelMessih because of the Egyptian accent, but meaning servant of the Messiah). abdelMessih technically does not negate being Muslim since Isa/Yasu is the Messiah in the Qu'ran too, but Egyptian Coptics and Muslims have their own standardization of what is a "Muslim name" and what is a "Christian name."

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » August 19th, 2007, 4:13 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
frozen fire wrote:5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians.

Arab Christians and Jews (the religion) still got taxed more by many of the emperors, with the justification of "protection money." Even though you have stories about Muhammad returning a poor Jewish man's taxes and examples like that, it doesn't change the way it affected the majority of minorities.

And Arabs sort of took over the Muslim identity, to the point that some Coptic families changed their last name from abdu'lla (servant of Allah) to abdulMessih (sometimes spelled abdelMessih because of the Egyptian accent, but meaning servant of the Messiah). abdelMessih technically does not negate being Muslim since Isa/Yasu is the Messiah in the Qu'ran too, but Egyptian Coptics and Muslims have their own standardization of what is a "Muslim name" and what is a "Christian name."
I am sitting in Cairo as i type this and i can tell you that Copts and Muslims get along pretty well on an everyday basis. Even the Muslim Brotherhood, which is connected to Al Quaeda is trying to involve the Copts in their struggle against the Egyptian government. There are plenty of impressing and old Coptic churches here and the Copts are allowed to sell alcohol, drink, celebrate their holidays and so on. Once in a while tensions seem to flame up, but its nothing serious.
The average guys on the streets get along. End of story.

Return to “Religious Thought”