Mormons

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Post Reply
User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » February 2nd, 2004, 11:38 am

Mormon theology teaches that Mormons are on a path of eternal progression. In other words, they too can become a God and rule over their own universe.

Mormons think they are Christians. They use Christian words. They say they believe in Jesus and the Bible. They say they pray to God through Jesus. And they try to live good lives.

Sadly, the truth is that Mormons are not Christians. They use Christian words but the words have non-Christian definitions. They believe in a Jesus, but the Jesus they believe in is not the Jesus of the Bible. Compare the following:

I. = The Jesus of Mormonism
II. = The Jesus of the Bible

I. Jesus is created. - Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, pp. 192, 589
II. Jesus is uncreated - (John 1:1-3; Col. 1:16-17)

I. Jesus is the brother of the devil. Mormon Doctrine by
Bruce McConkie, pp. 192, 589.
II. Jesus is not the brother of the devil. The devil is a fallen created angel. Jesus created all things Col. 1:16-17. Therefore, Jesus is not the brother of the devil.

I. Jesus is one of three gods. Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, p. 319. Jesus is not prayed to.
II. Jesus is second person of the Trinity. Jesus is prayed to (Acts 7:60; 1 Cor. 1:1-2 with Zech. 13:9).

I. Jesus did not pay for all sins (Doctrines of Salvation by
Joeseph F. Smith, Vol. 1, p. 135)
II. Jesus did pay for all sins (1 John 2:2; 1 Pet. 2:24)


The Jesus of Mormonism is not the Jesus of the Bible. They cannot be both created and non created, prayed to and not prayed to, the brother of the devil and not the brother of the devil. They are different. Mormon's have twisted many scriptures and when faced with the disparities they simply say "You need to read the Book of Mormon and pray sincerely." It is a religion of feelings not based on fact.

Because the Jesus of Mormonism is false, the faith of Mormons is useless. Faith is only as good as the object in which it is placed. The Jesus of Mormonism should be called something else, like Barana, Joe, Sasquatch, or something. Then there wouldn't be any problem at all identifying it as something other than biblical. But God does love Mormons, like any other group of people, and wants them to leave the heresey and find him.
Last edited by wcrockets on February 2nd, 2004, 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous20

Re: Mormons

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 2nd, 2004, 12:23 pm

what's more important to them? the Book of Mormon, or the Bible? I could never get a straight answer on that from the Mormons I have chetted with. Once they said that they are equal in importance.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » February 2nd, 2004, 1:42 pm

According to their articles of faith Mormon doctrine believes the Bible insofar as it is "correctly" translated (ie.. by them of course, which gives them the caveat to say most anything). Joseph Smith actually wrote an "inspired" version of the Bible where he disected the parts he didn't like. You can talk to them using a King James version but they go to Mormon doctrine in cases where there doctrine is in direct contrast to the real Bible.

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 41
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: www.califaz.com
Contact:

Re: Mormons

Unread post by bluecollar » April 8th, 2004, 7:11 pm

At a highway near my residence, you can see a large castle-like structure jutting out of the trees. In reality, its a Mormon place of worship. Although I dislike tagging, the funniest tag I have ever seen was on an overpass/bridge near their "temple." The graffiti said "SURRENDER, DOROTHY!" (The Wizard of Oz) I'm sure the Mormons weren't pleased.

LOL

With Regards,

bluecollar

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » April 9th, 2004, 8:54 am

Yes but Mormons are people too. Just lost in a false religious system not based on truth. I know authentic Christians with multiple degrees whose lives are dedicated to bringing them the truth and seeing them enter into it.

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 41
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: www.califaz.com
Contact:

Re: Mormons

Unread post by bluecollar » April 9th, 2004, 9:39 am

wcrockets wrote: Because the Jesus of Mormonism is false, the faith of Mormons is useless. . . But God does love Mormons, like any other group of people, and wants them to leave the heresey and find him.
.

Hello wcrockets,

Now hold on. How can you label people as heretics in spite of the fact that people hold different opinions. Being a Mormon is no more heresey than being a Christian in all respects. For if "God" didn't come naturally to their faith then "God" is no more valid for anybody else either. This discussion can be shown an analogy through paganism. Back when Rome ruled the world, the german pagans believed differently than the Romans had. Now when I say "Rome" I mean Rome during Catholicism not the previous years. As you can see, those people did not have contact with each other until Rome started invading the mainland of present day Europe. So what I am trying to relate to is that the Romans ideology of "God" was not shared by the pagans ideology of "God" and since contact between the two groups was minimal at best, "God" is not truly universal after all. For example, people always never see the exact same side of the "coin," people instead see differing perspectives that lead to different view points. From what we know, Christianity was spread by word of mouth and not by everyone witnessing "the burning bush" and the "word of God." (For the sake of science, a bush in a desert that is not burning must have resistant ways of dealing with the immense amount of sunlight and the horrible drought like conditions and even then bushes are very few in the desert. But this is another discussion)

wcrockets, have you ever played a game when you were little called "Telephone." This is how you play, you say a long message into someone's ear and they pass it on to the next person and then to another person . . . in one big long chain of about 30 people. The last person to hear the message then recities the message to everybody else. Then everybody laughs because the message was screwed up badly and now has new input that wasn't ever intended. So in analogy, passing Christianity by "word of mouth" and not by "revelation" incurs error in its doctrine and validity. Only a very small percent of our globe saw "jesus" and his "miracle works." We can only infer that whoever wrote the "Bible" was being as objective as possible which is essentially impossible to do. Medical doctors and other scientists have problems doing the same thing in the lab environment, otherwise known as "researcher bias," they essentially believe in their own results even if it is marked with fallacy (unknown to the person working on the experiment) . . . basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Finally, Morminism has no more proof than Christianity to be considered the true religion. Christianity is also not the oldest religion and therefore lacks reasoning in why it should be the predominant religion. From what I've read, Christianity seems more to embody a power struggle for who controls who more than a religion meant to enhance "God's word."

I have more to say but much more to do (work).

Have a good day

with regards,

Bluecollar

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » April 9th, 2004, 11:01 am

Belief should be based on fact not feelings although our feelings are a part of us and can be used for our good in this life in the hands of God if we choose to let them be.

You just showed me that you do not know what Mormonism is nor what Christianity is by your post. I assure you they do not believe the same things and are not the same belief systems even though you "think" or "feel" that they are.

Here are only some critical differences:

M=Mormons Believe & C=Christians Believe

What is the Church?
M=The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true Church; all other churches are "wrong", all their creeds an "abomination", and all who profess them are "corrupt" (Joseph Smith—History 1:19, The Pearl of Great Price).
C=The one true Church is the mystical, spiritual Body of Christ made up of all those from various denominations or churches (Acts 15:35-41; 20:28; 1 Corinthians 11:19; 12:13ff.; and Ephesians 4:4-13).

Are there other Gods?
M=There are many gods who create and rule over other worlds, and worthy Mormons may become gods there some day. On those worlds, worship excludes the God of our world (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 576-7; Joseph Smith, The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 346-7; Abraham 4:1, The Pearl of Great Price; and Gospel Principles, 290).
C=There is only one God who created and rules over everything in existence. To think that God did not create something like some other world is to simply devalue and weaken God (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 4:39; Isaiah 40:12-20; 43:10; 44:6-8 and 24; and John 1:1-3).
About the Trinity The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate gods, who are one in purpose and nature, but not in a Being they share eternally (Ibid.). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three distinct persons, who are eternally one in purpose, nature, and Being (Ibid.; Matthew 3:16; 4:10; and 28:16-19).

Are men and God the same nature or species?
M=The nature of these gods is identical to the nature of man, and as such these humans had to become gods; they haven’t always been gods (Smith, The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 345; Thomas C. Romney, The Life of Lorenzo Snow, 46; and Doctrine and Covenants 130:22).
C=God has His own unique nature that man, a created being by definition cannot ever have. God is God by nature, and not by obtainment (Psalms 90:2; Hosea 11:9; Acts 14:15; Galatians 4:8; and 2 Peter 1:3-4).

Is God married?
M=God the Father has at least one wife by which we on this world were all literally born as spirit children prior to taking on our tangible bodies of flesh and bones via our mortal parents (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 516-7; and Brigham Young, The Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, 50).
C=Since God is not a man by nature it is impossible for Him as God to even have a wife. It is just as impossible for God to lie. Further, God does not even have a body that He would need to produce us. Marriage requires partiality, receiving counsel from the other partner, and compromise. But God cannot do these either. Finally, He does not need anything, let alone a wife, to become God (Ibid.; 1 Kings 8:27; and Hebrews 6:18).

Does the Father have a Father?
M=God the Father had a Father whom He followed as Jesus had followed Him in order to become a god (Smith, The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 373).
C=There is no other God before God. He is not so weak that He needed to serve and receive counsel from some other God in order to become God; He always was God (Ps. 90:2; Isa. 40:12-20; and Isa. 43:10).
Is there anything that the Father did not create? Thus God the Father did not create the planet that His Father had already created. No God for any world created all worlds. No God for any world created intelligence, matter, or the laws that govern them. These are eternal. Any person, including a God for any world, eternally existed as intelligence, and not as God (Ibid.; and Doctrine and Covenants 93:29; 131:7-8; and Abraham 3:21-24). There is only one Being who created and rules over everything in existence. To think that God did not create something like some other world is to simply devalue and weaken God (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 4:39; Isaiah 40:12-20; 43:10; 44:6-8 and 24; John 1:1-3; and Acts 17:28).

Is there anything that the Son did not create?
M=Jesus being the literal son of exalted human gods obviously did not create all things either. That is why He is referred to as Lucifer’s as well as our elder brother in the pre-earth life (Milton R. Hunter, The Gospel through the Ages, 15).
C=Jesus existed prior to becoming man as "the only begotten God" (John 1:18, New American Standard). As such, He created everything that was ever created from the very beginning (John 1:1-3). To relativize this creation to only concerning the things of this world devalues and cheapens Jesus, who has not only the nature of man (1 Timothy 2:5), but also the nature of "God over all blessed forever" (Romans 9:5).

Does the Son receive the same worship as the Father?
M=Jesus is not worshipped equally with the Father, since Jesus is not our begetter. Jesus is not even directly prayed to. Prayer is directed only to the Father in the name of Jesus (BYU Devotional [March 2, 1982], 17, 19, and 20).
C=Since Jesus is God by nature, He is worshipped equally with the Father. Jesus receives both worship and prayer, and we are commanded to do so (Mt. 4:10; 28:16-19; Jn. 5:18-23; 14:14 [NAS]; Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:2; and 1 Jn. 5:13-15).

What role do good works play with our standing before God?
M=Good works are a necessary requirement of salvation and right standing before God (2 Nephi 25:23; Alma 5:27-28; 11:37; 34:33-35; Moroni 10:32; Doctrine and Covenants 42:18; 58:43; 82:7; 2nd Article of Faith; and Gospel Principles, 75-77).
C=Salvation is a free gift that must be received through faith alone, and this automatically is demonstrated by the overall good life produced by it (Romans 4:5; 11:6; Galatians 3:11, 23-26; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 Jn. 5:10-13).

I could go on books about the complete polar opposite beliefs. If you had real knowledge of these belief systems you would know they are not the same but in fact are in opposition to one another. Mormonism is an American home grown cult whose history is well documented.

As for your statement that if God doesn't come naturally to a particular belief system then no belief system can have real knowledge of God, that is not true. Facts and truth count. Anyone can make up a belief system and if others will follow it then it can be established as a religious system. Reality nor God doesn't have to have anything whatsoever to do with it although the Devil may.

Regarding Roman Catholicism. Let me share with you what actually happened as you may not have ever heard what actually happened. The church in Acts, which started at Pentecost around the year 36 AD, proved very simple. The church contained no popes, cardinals, or bishops. At first the church met in homes and at the outer court of the temple under a large porch known as Solomon's Colonnade. Thousands of believers shared with each other in spiritual and physical possessions as they worshiped and looked for Christ's return. The jealousies of the Sanhedrin brought about the persecution which caused people to meet exclusively at homes, rather than public buildings. As the New Testament was being written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Christians learned from the teachings of those who knew Christ, and they passed it on to each other. In the epistles Paul wrote to the churches he founded, Paul gave instructions for operations of the church body. In this, he appointed elders, or overseers, to the churches. He explained the function of orderly worship in his first letter to the Corinthian church (chapter 14). In other letters to the church at Ephesus, or to Timothy and Titus, Paul explains the gifts, qualifications and duties of apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, deacons, and evangelists. The book of Acts shows elders working as equals locally with no one lording over other fellowships of believers. Although interpretations of Paul's letters have differed since the first century, Church hierarchy, Latin liturgy, and the lack of scriptures for the laity kept division to a minimum. As power centralized corruption increased through traditions of men.

By the time Emperor Constantine moved his capitol to the new city of Constantinople in 330AD, each of the major cities of the Roman world had a bishop overseeing the local church. The bishop at Rome claimed to be the most important based on the [erroneous] tradition that Peter had founded the first church in Rome. This began a one man rule rationalized from Matthew 16:17, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church." Roman Catholics saw Peter as foremost among the Apostles and they believed that the Roman popes descended directly from him. The Bishop of Constantinople understandably disputed the dictatorial claim of the pope in Rome. In an effort to stop the bickering, Constantine called to order the Nicene Council. In that council, they laid out church doctrine called the Nicene Creed. Many of the eastern bishops disagreed with the western bishops concerning the wording of the Nicene Creed which led to the split between Eastern and Western Orthodoxy.

So originally the first split occurred and Roman Catholism became a political state run organized religion that ended persecuting real Christians. Now God sees the heart and believe me there are true believers in the Catholic church that go by names such as Reformed Catholic, etc.. and these people have a real and personal life changing relationship with the risen Christ. However, even now there is the beginning of "middle management" calls in the Catholic Church to force them to return to orthodoxy. And guess what, before Plato was born there was Saint Augustine of Hippo. You need to read up a lot on your history and get down to facts and not subjective philosophical fancies bro. No offense just truth. We'll talk more later but right now I have to WORK. Lol.. Peace and Good Friday.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Mormons

Unread post by Panik » April 9th, 2004, 12:25 pm

rockets, you're doing a little creative writing here. There is no mention of a church being acceptable at all in the bible. It does say something about the relationship between man and god, but nowhere in the bible does it tell you to go to a church, or endorse creating a church. If you read the bible literally, it actually leans away from this. You should have your own relationship, there is not supposed to be a "middleman". If you believe the bible was "written" by god, you still have to admit that the church was man made, and has absolutely nothing to do with the bible or god. It is just something people created to gain power over people. A REAL christian should have no need for a church as long as he can read the bible himself and doesn't need it read to him.

And, again you are downplaying other peoples religions. It is not your place to judge a morman, or theirs to judge you. Both of your religions are absent any provable facts that could end the argument. They are both based soley on faith. That is that you both believe that your books are the words of god. The only person that could ever say who is right and who is wrong is god (if there even is one). YOU have no way of knowing whether or not the book of mormon is the word of god or not. Only god and the person who wrote it could possibly know.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 234
Joined: July 20th, 2003, 5:13 pm

Re: Mormons

Unread post by G bka C.rum » April 9th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Another part of the Mormon doctrine is that being black is a curse. I ordered the book of mormons off of T.V. about a year ago and you'll get a headache trying to read that madness it doesnt even link up with the rest of the Bible.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » April 9th, 2004, 1:56 pm

Panik wrote:rockets, you're doing a little creative writing here. There is no mention of a church being acceptable at all in the bible. It does say something about the relationship between man and god, but nowhere in the bible does it tell you to go to a church, or endorse creating a church. If you read the bible literally, it actually leans away from this. You should have your own relationship, there is not supposed to be a "middleman". If you believe the bible was "written" by god, you still have to admit that the church was man made, and has absolutely nothing to do with the bible or god. It is just something people created to gain power over people. A REAL christian should have no need for a church as long as he can read the bible himself and doesn't need it read to him.

And, again you are downplaying other peoples religions. It is not your place to judge a morman, or theirs to judge you. Both of your religions are absent any provable facts that could end the argument. They are both based soley on faith. That is that you both believe that your books are the words of god. The only person that could ever say who is right and who is wrong is god (if there even is one). YOU have no way of knowing whether or not the book of mormon is the word of god or not. Only god and the person who wrote it could possibly know.
No I am not. You can substitute assembly (the Greek word ekklesia used in Acts) if you like for church. The true church today is not a building built by men as the Word clearly shows us in both the old and new testaments (it is not God's desire to live in a building but in men's hearts and this brought out in both places) but made up by those who have a real realtionship with Christ, however, it is fully in line with God's word for Christians to come together to live out the Christian faith and a building is a nice way to stay out of the elements and can provide a regular meeting place, etc.. you know commonsense. But it is not necessary to have a building to assemble and it is not necessary to belong to a particular church (or assembly if you prefer) to belong to Christ. Paul the Apostle gave specific instructions on how the assemblies were to be organized in scripture. Assembling together the believers is scriptural. I choose to believe the scripture and the apostles over you Panik as to whether or not Christians should come together and be assembled.

Regarding your second paragraph: Yet you judge me for pointing out obvious discrepancies in their belief system even though I love the people. Do you love me? You attempt to do the same. Is it loving or right to allow some to perish without showing them why they are perishing and how not to perish? I think not.

When a certain Mr. Smith comes along (or his followers) and tells me they found some peep stones in a cave that allowed them to read special "Urim and Thummim" tablets put in that cave by American Indian tribes nobody has ever heard of before which show that God is actually a man who now rules over this universe and had little spirit children of which I can too become a god and rule my own universe someday and then hand me a book that they wrote that tries to leverage scripture as a third party influence while even their book (which has many rewrites that contradict each other and factual errors) has a different Gospel which is in fundamental contradiction to the third party influence they have chosen [ie scripture], I can point that out. How dare you tell me I can't?

It takes a lot more faith to believe Mormonism or to believe all roads are the same when it is obvious to scholars who study these matters that they clearly are not the same and in direct contradiction to each other than it does to believe a fact based belief system such as Christianity.

You have some strange ideas about what a fact is and what it isn't in my opinion if you think Mormonism is based on facts and you make a lot of assumptions about the God in whom you admit not knowing. Sure I can tell if the book of Mormon is of God or not: I compare it to what he already said. If it is in direct contradiction to what he has already said and also full of error and fallacy then it is not of God. As Jesus himself said "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible." "and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people." Matthew 24


His apostles said:

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them." 2 Peter

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4

etc.. etc.. etc..

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Mormons

Unread post by Panik » April 9th, 2004, 9:01 pm

You were pointing out discrepencies between the bible and the book of mormon. That is judging their religion based upon your own beliefs. Your right, I don't believe in either, but what if God did have something to do with mormonism? Maybe god changed his mind. Read the bible, he changed mis mind many times before. Laid waste to people he created more than once. This was him making people, and then not liking the way it was going and changing his mind and starting over. Who are you or anyone else to say that he didn't change his mind again. Maybe mohammad was his profet too, and Islam is the "correct" way to worship him. All I'm saying is that YOU do not know. Nobody does. You may have your beliefs and ideas, but there is no way you will ever know until after you're dead. And I have no problem with you. I got a lot of respect for you. I like our little discussions. If I didn't I wouldn't waste my time with them. Til next time.......

Anonymous20

Re: Mormons

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 10th, 2004, 7:34 am

Here's a link exposing how Mormonism is rather a copy of Masonic rituals and symbolism. And if you don't know what Freemasons are I put the link below to give you an insight. This shit runs deep as usual..

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/mor ... luence.htm

http://members.shaw.ca/illuminaticonspi ... asons.html
http://www.bessel.org/presmas.htm

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Mormons

Unread post by Panik » April 10th, 2004, 3:04 pm

freemasons evolved from some of the old knighthoods that were charged with protecting the holy christian relics, and christian pilgrims in the old days. Knights templar, etc. They have very deep roots in christianity.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mormons

Unread post by wcrockets » April 10th, 2004, 8:19 pm

Panik wrote:You were pointing out discrepencies between the bible and the book of mormon. That is judging their religion based upon your own beliefs. Your right, I don't believe in either, but what if God did have something to do with mormonism? Maybe god changed his mind. Read the bible, he changed mis mind many times before. Laid waste to people he created more than once. This was him making people, and then not liking the way it was going and changing his mind and starting over. Who are you or anyone else to say that he didn't change his mind again. Maybe mohammad was his profet too, and Islam is the "correct" way to worship him. All I'm saying is that YOU do not know. Nobody does. You may have your beliefs and ideas, but there is no way you will ever know until after you're dead. And I have no problem with you. I got a lot of respect for you. I like our little discussions. If I didn't I wouldn't waste my time with them. Til next time.......
Part of what I posted was pointing out discrepancies. Did you get the rest? We're going to get a lot more into this I assure you. What if ours is but a billion universes on the head of a pin somewhere... lol. Scientifically and mathematically we can show that it is not. One place to begin that discussion would be with the law of singularity. But that is beyond the scope of this thread. Just because God can do something does not mean that he has or he will. Just because you can imagine something does not mean it is real. In that spirit, God has shown us that he practices grace within the context of omniscience. However God is no liar (yes I'll site Hebrews 6:18 and Titus 1:2 for the believers sake here). Being the supreme moral authority in the universe, he has not created different belief systems with polar opposite beliefs in direct opposition to each other. And I didn't say that. He did very clearly. It would be a mistake to assume the God of the universe is like the gods created by men to explain that which they do not understand or in their attempt to find a way around the reality. God seperated Abraham from the city of Ur originally to continue his plan for his creation but note that one of the reasons he led Abraham away was to seperate him from the false flaky man made double minded inconsistent gods that existed during that time in the mind's of some men. As for Islam, that too deserves it's own thread. Maybe you can start it. I'd be happy to participate. Note though they are different belief systems with different beliefs. There is no escape from that fact. Let's use an example. Islam claims man is born pure. Christianity claims man is born in and into sin. Both belief systems are very clear on their position. So which is it? God is not a little general up there in the pie in the sky somewhere creating different armies of men based on various opposing belief systems and pitting them against each other for his amusement. There is another force at work in the world. An evil force that seeks to confuse as an angel of light. That enemy is actually part of creation whose days are numbered. That also is another discussion but I wanted to bring it out at this time. And you can know that you know the truth before you die. That is a true statement. And I appreciate your attitude toward me. I got a love for all the homies. That comes from God who takes us all where we are at and forces us to choose and grow. Or didn't you know that is one of the good reasons craziness is permitted for a time. Peace.

LuckyCharmz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: November 15th, 2004, 9:41 pm
Location: 916
Contact:

Re: Mormons

Unread post by LuckyCharmz » November 24th, 2004, 11:03 am

For anyone interested in the truth behind the Mormon church, you might want to check out a book called "The God Makers" by Ed Decker and Dave Hunt. It is a very informative read, and will probably give you a whole new way of looking at this so-called Christian Church.
It goes into great detail about the Mormon - Mason connection, the Mormon temple rituals that having them embracing Lucifer's "power and priesthoods" and the undisputable facts concerning the church, it's doctrines and it's founder. For anyone who feels like the LDS church is just too goo to be true, you're right, and this book shows you why.

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Wow

Unread post by kverdugazo » May 23rd, 2005, 10:34 pm

I had no clue that I could find something on my religion here on "Street gangs.com" anyways...I read what all of you had to say and just laughed then got a little annoyed with all the false statements I saw. If I was really bored I could address every single topic on here concerning "Mormonism". I hate when people write stuff and throw it out there as if it were fact. I bet most of you have never been to a "Mormon" church by the way "mormons" is just a nick name given to us by others but it doesn't really offend us. The name of the church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and never was the "mormon church" so obviouslly we're Christians. Just 'cuz we don't believe in all the same secular and popular beliefs doesn't mean we aren't Christians. Before anyone tries to knock my religion I think they should actually talk to a member or 2 and even the missionaries and maybe read the Book of Mormon before you start misquoting it. One should also examine the foundation of their own church before they start critizing others especially when they get their info from anti sites on the internet. We all know that the internet can be a tool of satan too so tengan cuidao! Anyways my brothers I hope you all come to a better understanding and hopefully we can all help each other out instead of critizism.

User avatar
PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 674
Joined: February 28th, 2004, 4:02 pm
Location: west coast

Unread post by PREACH » June 19th, 2005, 2:53 am

whutz up man, im lds myself. im trippin off these comments but im a go ahead and mind my bizness.

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 19th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Hey homie u LDS too? U from Carson right? What ward did u go to?

User avatar
PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 674
Joined: February 28th, 2004, 4:02 pm
Location: west coast

Unread post by PREACH » June 20th, 2005, 1:29 am

lomita ward, whut about u?

User avatar
Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 812
Joined: December 9th, 2004, 2:03 pm
Location: the site I got my avatar from/www
Contact:

Unread post by Mraka » June 20th, 2005, 7:58 am

they are not allowed to drink coffee and stuff onwards ,like alcohol.Not even black tea the should consume.
marriage is very simple.More wifes on one man was common.

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 20th, 2005, 1:44 pm

pineapple wrote:lomita ward, whut about u?
Compton 1st but I think they moved everything over to Long Beach 13 like 2 yrs ago. Thats cool tho man there were a couple families in Carson that came to Compton 1st. Pm me sometime homie

User avatar
PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 674
Joined: February 28th, 2004, 4:02 pm
Location: west coast

Unread post by PREACH » June 20th, 2005, 2:05 pm

alright man, stay up. im a defenitly pm u.

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 20th, 2005, 10:03 pm

My bad not long bch 13th but the same chapel on orange I think stay up too homie

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Re: Mormons

Unread post by kverdugazo » September 19th, 2005, 10:56 pm

wcrockets wrote:Yes but Mormons are people too. Just lost in a false religious system not based on truth. I know authentic Christians with multiple degrees whose lives are dedicated to bringing them the truth and seeing them enter into it.
^
This guy is a joke..."authentic christians" huh? haha just like those baptists that went up to Utah back in '98 I think... haha what a joke! They didn't convert anybody with their offbrand doctrine.

User avatar
kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 150
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:37 am
Location: Sto Domingo, Rep Dom; Seattle,WA; Hub City, CA

Re: Mormons

Unread post by kverdugazo » September 19th, 2005, 10:59 pm

wcrockets wrote:Mormon theology teaches that Mormons are on a path of eternal progression. In other words, they too can become a God and rule over their own universe.

Mormons think they are Christians. They use Christian words. They say they believe in Jesus and the Bible. They say they pray to God through Jesus. And they try to live good lives.

Sadly, the truth is that Mormons are not Christians. They use Christian words but the words have non-Christian definitions. They believe in a Jesus, but the Jesus they believe in is not the Jesus of the Bible. Compare the following:

I. = The Jesus of Mormonism
II. = The Jesus of the Bible

I. Jesus is created. - Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, pp. 192, 589
II. Jesus is uncreated - (John 1:1-3; Col. 1:16-17)

I. Jesus is the brother of the devil. Mormon Doctrine by
Bruce McConkie, pp. 192, 589.
II. Jesus is not the brother of the devil. The devil is a fallen created angel. Jesus created all things Col. 1:16-17. Therefore, Jesus is not the brother of the devil.

I. Jesus is one of three gods. Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, p. 319. Jesus is not prayed to.
II. Jesus is second person of the Trinity. Jesus is prayed to (Acts 7:60; 1 Cor. 1:1-2 with Zech. 13:9).

I. Jesus did not pay for all sins (Doctrines of Salvation by
Joeseph F. Smith, Vol. 1, p. 135)
II. Jesus did pay for all sins (1 John 2:2; 1 Pet. 2:24)


The Jesus of Mormonism is not the Jesus of the Bible. They cannot be both created and non created, prayed to and not prayed to, the brother of the devil and not the brother of the devil. They are different. Mormon's have twisted many scriptures and when faced with the disparities they simply say "You need to read the Book of Mormon and pray sincerely." It is a religion of feelings not based on fact.

Because the Jesus of Mormonism is false, the faith of Mormons is useless. Faith is only as good as the object in which it is placed. The Jesus of Mormonism should be called something else, like Barana, Joe, Sasquatch, or something. Then there wouldn't be any problem at all identifying it as something other than biblical. But God does love Mormons, like any other group of people, and wants them to leave the heresey and find him.
^ Another idiot misquoting the scriptures and quotes

Post Reply

Return to “Religious Thought”