Baptists Beliefs

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Baptists Beliefs

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 5th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Im lookin to get God in my life but I dont kno everything about sum religion so i need facts about wut they believe. Sumbody help me please.

List all facts of the baptist religion, i dont want opinions, just facts.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Baptists Beliefs

Unread post by Beef » June 5th, 2004, 6:57 pm

just go grab a bible...read the gospels, matthew, mark, luke, and john...pray hard to the Lord and tell Him you want Him in your life...i tell ya'...becoming boyz with the Lord is the best thing you can ever do...it will change your life as it did mine.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » June 6th, 2004, 12:08 pm

I say study your history, it will automatically take you to the true and living God, we are direct descendants from God( made in His "Image and Likeness") Please brother, study your HISTORY!!!!

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 6th, 2004, 12:40 pm

thnx for those posts homies. But I still need facts about the baptist religion. The bible is all tru and I kno but it doesnt say anything about baptists u kno lol. Im juss takin the process of findin God in little steps. This step is findin the facts about the baptist religion.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » June 6th, 2004, 1:30 pm

I think it's important to get past these labels, you have stop thinking in terms of baptist, christian, jew,or muslim. PLEASE show me anywhere in the bible where it says Jesus says said to be a christian or baptist. I keep saying to study your HISTORY!!!! Study King James, who intepreted the bible. You won't believe who he was and what he did. Do you know how many versions of the Bible it is? Do you know there are several books missing out of the present day bible?? Why did those people take these books out of the bible? Do you know WHO took those books out? When it concerns God and my faith, I want to know the truth about what I'm believing in, not what somebody else tells me or how I was raised. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY YOUR HISTORY!!!!! You say color doesn't matter??
I guarentee that everytime you think of God or Jesus, you automatically get in your mind that blue-eyed blonde surfer looking dude. I don't care how conscious you are, we have been programed to believe this. Why can't we accept what is the truth, Jesus is a Black man!!!!
REPORATIONS NOW!!!!!

D.X

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 6th, 2004, 1:44 pm

D.X. wrote:I think it's important to get past these labels, you have stop thinking in terms of baptist, christian, jew,or muslim. PLEASE show me anywhere in the bible where it says Jesus says said to be a christian or baptist. I keep saying to study your HISTORY!!!! Study King James, who intepreted the bible. You won't believe who he was and what he did. Do you know how many versions of the Bible it is? Do you know there are several books missing out of the present day bible?? Why did those people take these books out of the bible? Do you know WHO took those books out? When it concerns God and my faith, I want to know the truth about what I'm believing in, not what somebody else tells me or how I was raised. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY YOUR HISTORY!!!!! You say color doesn't matter??
I guarentee that everytime you think of God or Jesus, you automatically get in your mind that blue-eyed blonde surfer looking dude. I don't care how conscious you are, we have been programed to believe this. Why can't we accept what is the truth, Jesus is a Black man!!!!
REPORATIONS NOW!!!!!

D.X
I have head that there are more chapters and stuf of the bible but how can people juss take things out of the bible? And it has always been my belief that what is in thebible now is the full truth and thats all, everything else is human added and not actually written by and spoken by God.

Its tru that wen I think of God i picture him white, but that doesnt mean i dont think he cuold be black or any other type of race. I think in my mind and alot of other peoples, Gods words wud have sort of a different meaning spoken by a black man than a white man. But like i said before. No matter what race or color he is. Hes still God. Hes still speakin the same words. He still performed all those miracles and still saves people. Thats y I say in a way i dont care and it dont matter what race he is. Im not sure about this next statement but- I dont think anyone is positive and I dont think there is any 4 sho way we can kno wut race God is.

gtrip

Unread post by gtrip » November 9th, 2004, 11:14 pm

Here is a link to my home church which is baptist affiliated http://www.beltway.org/

Return to “Religious Thought”