Palestinian Rap- What is your take on this?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Palestinian Rap- What is your take on this?

Unread post by Sentenza » November 24th, 2006, 4:23 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4URSEXByI[/youtube]

Me, personally i fell what they are saying in this video, but i think the issue is more complex.

The part of the Israeli soldiers hitting the guy with the stone pisses me off though.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » November 24th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I have heard better palestinian rap, but this one was still alright...

F*ck Israel. So-called democracy, yet without constitution law and with straight up nazi-politics.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 25th, 2006, 8:18 am

^^But this group isnt all against Israel, even if it seems so, in their other songs they are a lot pro peace and reaching hands.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 25th, 2006, 8:24 am

As you can see here, they did a song with an Israeli Jewish reggea band about peace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMVb68SINCk

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » February 15th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Isn't rap un-islamic

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » February 15th, 2007, 6:36 pm

shits aite, palestinian women are fuckin hot tho

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 15th, 2007, 9:25 pm

meen erhabe, MEEN ERHABE, MEEN ERHABE :lol:

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 15th, 2007, 9:28 pm

nah, i was just fu*kin around tho :lol: ...nah on some serious tip,i feel the message he was saying n he sounded like he was dead serious, strait fed up with all that shit... pop out on u like "MEEN ERHABE" n knock u the fu*k out :lol:

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 15th, 2007, 9:29 pm

nah thats a sad situation though, regarding 2 all the kids n females n husbands/dads out there getting killed n harrassed....

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » February 17th, 2007, 5:41 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:isn't rap un-islamic

Depends. Hardcore Muslims consider even plain music a sin, but there are quite big underground scenes all over arabia.
I know for a fact that there are Rap Groups from Algeria, lots of them in Israel and Palestine and you even got some who rap under death threats in Iran.
Turkey als has a bigass rap movement. They actually have some really talented rappers out there.
I dont understand shit, but you can tell that this guy is very fluent with words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6mGbyvtlDE

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 19th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Sentenza wrote:

Depends. Hardcore Muslims consider even plain music a sin, but there are quite big underground scenes all over arabia.
I know for a fact that there are Rap Groups from Algeria, lots of them in Israel and Palestine and you even got some who rap under death threats in Iran.
Turkey als has a bigass rap movement. They actually have some really talented rappers out there.
I dont understand shit, but you can tell that this guy is very fluent with words:

huh? It's not against Islam and it's not "underground." Any chapter of MSA (Muslim Student Association) has shows they do and msot of them have "rap" acts (I was part of MSA before).

Music and religious traditional recitation have to be kept seperate though. It's haram to set things such as Azan/Adhan (call to prayer) to music/beats, which is why Brand Nubian could have had problems if they released that "Allahu Ahkbar" when there was more "Islamic conscioussness" in America.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » February 21st, 2007, 12:55 pm

It's not basically the rap music that goes against islam. It's more of the message and values rap songs tend to have. I know a bunch of muslims that aren't allowed to listen to rap music, because of it's "message".

But there are a lot of muslim rap/dancehall acts.

Here's one kinda hard-core example (lyric-wise) -> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0634518421

Sheikh Terra feat. Soul Salah Crew - Dirty Kuffar (kuffar basically means misbeliever..)

If I remember right these guys live in UK.

"From Kandahar to Ramallah we comin, sah,
Peace to the Hamas and the Hezbollah,
OBL cru be like a shinin' star,
Like the way we destroyed them two towers, ha ha!"

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » February 21st, 2007, 1:05 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Sentenza wrote:

huh? It's not against Islam and it's not "underground." Any chapter of MSA (Muslim Student Association) has shows they do and msot of them have "rap" acts (I was part of MSA before).

Music and religious traditional recitation have to be kept seperate though. It's haram to set things such as Azan/Adhan (call to prayer) to music/beats, which is why Brand Nubian could have had problems if they released that "Allahu Ahkbar" when there was more "Islamic conscioussness" in America.

Well in a lot countries it is underground.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » February 25th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Musical instruments is "un-islamic", other then a plain drum, to drum a beat you cant use anything else. but there are many songs or as they are called in arabic"nasheed" which are aproved.
actually the first nasheed was made when the prophet mohamed (pbuh) came from makkah to medinah, and he was greeted with singing and drums playing and the young ones running beside him.
lyrics or poems is not forbidden either.

ps: you cant start drumming a beat and dancing to the the Quran!

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » February 25th, 2007, 2:57 pm

BxxMILITIA wrote:meen erhabe, MEEN ERHABE, MEEN ERHABE :lol:

WHOS THE TERRORIST?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 25th, 2007, 9:06 pm

frozen fire wrote:Musical instruments is "un-islamic", other then a plain drum, to drum a beat you cant use anything else. but there are many songs or as they are called in arabic"nasheed" which are aproved.

we're probably talking about two different things here. I meant it's not "un-Islamic" and in it's "not haram" to have rap and multi-instrumental beats and stuff. I think you mean the literal sense of "un-Islamic" as in "not officially religious in Islam"

lyrics or poems is not forbidden either.

There are some good "spoken word" chicks in MSAs

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » February 26th, 2007, 5:07 am

I meant it's not "un-Islamic" and in it's "not haram" to have rap and multi-instrumental beats and stuff

Hazrath Anas (R.A.) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “There will certainly be people from my Ummah who will attempt to legalize fornication, the wearing of silk (for males), the consuming of wine and the use of musical instruments”

In Surah Luqman Allah Ta’ala declares:

“And among the people are those who purchase idle talk in order to mislead others from the path of Allah in ignorance.”

Various Ahadith also clearly prohibit music and the use of musical instruments.
Hazrath Abdullah bin Umar (R.A.) reports that once Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) heard the sound of the flute of a shepherd. He immediately placed his fingers into his ears (to block out the sound)

other then the duff; musical instruments are haram in islam.

peace!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 25th, 2007, 7:08 pm

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Palestinian Rap- What is your take on this?

Unread post by perongregory » March 27th, 2007, 7:31 pm

Sentenza wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4URSEXByI

Me, personally i fell what they are saying in this video, but i think the issue is more complex.

The part of the Israeli soldiers hitting the guy with the stone pisses me off though.

Damn that shit is foul, I feel for those people...all the evil in this world man.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 28th, 2007, 3:56 pm

perongregory wrote:
Sentenza wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4URSEXByI

Damn that shit is foul, I feel for those people...all the evil in this world man.

I agree. I mean you cant say all of those people are bad or all of these people are evil....But some people are just messed up simple and plain.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 28th, 2007, 4:17 pm

perongregory wrote:all the evil in this world man.

Talking about the evil in this world...check this video..its a German, turkish, greece and albanian collaboration...a part of it is in english.. the video is crazy though but at least some people are willing to reach hands..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjbQlqA3HO0

and also check this one. Its in French, but check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5hf_l6LL40

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » April 1st, 2007, 2:31 pm

punamusta wrote:I have heard better palestinian rap, but this one was still alright...

F*ck Israel. So-called democracy, yet without constitution law and with straight up nazi-politics.

Israel is like the United States. The politics suck but the common people is what the country is all about.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 4th, 2007, 2:16 am

the palestinians need to cut terrorism out swallow their pride make concessions and properly protest injustices. no one takes those injustices seriously, not even the legitimate ones. Because of their ridiculous ideas of wiping israel out. wise up palestinians.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 4th, 2007, 5:06 am

Why should they?? because the enemy is bigger then they are? they have been fighting for decades! (and for decades to come), even though they were being massacred, being sent to prison, these people are being buried alive in a tomb, made up off israels walls. As long as their is an occupying tyrant, as long as their are innocent civilains locked up for no reason, and their lands being siezed.........I dont think anyone will stop fightin.

(and some of you think this can be solved...By rallies and marches...)

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 4th, 2007, 7:12 am

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 5th, 2007, 12:11 am

frozen fire, i said what i said so that they can finally put an end to all that you mentioned. You said it yourself they been fighting for decades and decades and where has it got them? no where.
How did South Africa get rid of their oppressors... not thru decades and decades of meaningless bloodshed. Israel will listen to world opinion, they'll listen if the U.S. forces them to make changes when Palestinians are not fighting and committing heinous crimes for their cause. When they are playing by the rules and letting the world know who really oppressing who.
I dont see how the Palestinians dont see this!

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 5th, 2007, 7:19 am

It's not meaningless to fight for what is rightfully yours. it's a joke to even think that israel will listen to the world opinoin, why should they? they have the backing of the United states, a world super power (whom they have in the palm of their hands, whether you would like to admit it or not).
When they are playing by the rules and letting the world know who really oppressing who.
What rules....the ones set forth by israel and the US? The world is fully aware of the situation in palestine, its just that they dont care!
I dont see how the Palestinians dont see this!

They see things more clearly then any of us...they live under the Occupation each day. they have seen how smaller their lands are becoming and how higher the walls are being built around them, they see how their elected goverment was boycotted and how they are being suffocated, by israel not allowing cash into the country to the rightful owners, doctors and nurses are not getting paid and are driving cabs to put food on the table.

The rules that you are talking about is total submission to the will of israel and the US....that is not an option!

peace.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 5th, 2007, 6:16 pm

There land is becoming smaller and walls are going up because of their fighting. The more they fight the more people wont care and the more they'll lose.

Israel ended all of it's wars that it was winning because of world opinion. They could have massacred the remaining invading armies in each of their wars. They could have been killing indiscriminatley using those wars as cover. But they didnt because they do care about world opinion.

Why do you think they never killed Arafat, because world opinion might turn against them. So that proves everything you said wrong. World opinion is on Israel's side thats why no one cares about the palestinians. They dont have any kind of leadership that knows what the f--- they are doing.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 7th, 2007, 3:59 am

David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox).

Ben Gurion also warned in 1948 : "We must do everything to insure they ( the Palestinians) never do return." Assuring his fellow Zionists that Palestinians will never come back to their homes. "The old will die and the young will forget."

"We enthusiastically chose to become a colonial society, ignoring international treaties, expropriating lands, transferring settlers from Israel to the occupied territories, engaging in theft and finding justification for all these activities. Passionately desiring to keep the occupied territories, we developed two judicial systems: one - progressive, liberal - in Israel; and the other - cruel, injurious - in the occupied territories. In effect, we established an apartheid regime in the occupied territories immediately following their capture. That oppressive regime exists to this day."
(Michael Ben-Yair, 3 March 2002)

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal Al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."(Moshe Dayan, 4 April 1969)

". it's utterly hypocritical for Israelis to wonder aloud why Palestinians don't pursue a non-violent strategy. One obvious reason is that, whenever they have, Israel brutally represses it."
(Norman G. Finkelstein, 11 September 2003)

" We live in a thunderously failed reality. ... A state lacking justice cannot survive. ... Even if the Arabs lower their heads and swallow their shame and anger for ever, it won't work. A structure built on human callousness will inevitably collapse in on itself. Note this moment well: Zionism's superstructure is already collapsing like a cheap Jerusalem wedding hall."
(Avraham Burg, 15 September 2003)

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism,colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands." Yoram Bar Porath, Yediot Aahronot, of 14 July 1972.

What i dont understand is how you expect the palestinians to react *peacefully*, when they are slowly being wiped off the map! .....When the other side itself is doing much worse!

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 8th, 2007, 12:40 am

I understand all that, Jews came in and muscled their way in. The Arabs tried to muscle them out but that didnt work.... i repeat....that didnt work. When are they going to realize that.

Choose a different battleground. The battleground of diplomacy with world opinion as your ally. Palestinians seem to think all the West love Jews. Theres been more persecution throughout history against Jews then there has ever been against Arabs. So how can a people who were basically kicked out of all over Europe and massacred go somewhere else and become this strong in dominating their region. Because of the way Arabs chose to fight them. I'm sorry if arab egos are bruised but you gotta adapt to the situation. Use your head instead of using the blood of your people.

Like i said in Iraq, if Iraqis wanted the US out they would have peacefully transitioned into a post-Saddam government then by vote and by rule of law from the new government asked Americans to leave. All this blood just to to try and do something you could do better peacefully? And whats worse is that this actually hurts their cause.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 11th, 2007, 1:44 pm

I wont be so hard headed and say that the arab leaders have made all the right decisions, and i personally believe there are many situations that they could have handled in a better way and smarter way.

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”