Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » May 31st, 2004, 10:48 pm

If you said yes then why is it that America is barely over 200 years old and they have been fighting there for the last 2,000 years?

hmmmmmm?

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 214
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 2:21 am
Location: L. A. CA.

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Impala » May 31st, 2004, 11:44 pm

Only one answer....

RELIGION

samgod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 46
Joined: July 20th, 2003, 12:22 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by samgod » June 2nd, 2004, 6:44 am

Of course the US has apart in it. The only country with power enough to solve it is the US.

Israel has more UN resolutions against it than Iraq ever did during the Saddam regime. The US needs to tell Israel to leave the occupied palestine areas or this terrorism business in the world is never gonna stop. All these muslim extremists feed off of the Israel-Palestine problem because they feel they are getting the short end of the stick, which they are.

One of the best things for world peace as of today is for the US to tell Israel to back off and give the palestinians the occupied areas and then we would send UN-troops to guard the borders between it.

User avatar
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1580
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 3:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by wcrockets » June 2nd, 2004, 12:49 pm

samgod wrote:Of course the US has apart in it. The only country with power enough to solve it is the US.

Israel has more UN resolutions against it than Iraq ever did during the Saddam regime. The US needs to tell Israel to leave the occupied palestine areas or this terrorism business in the world is never gonna stop. All these muslim extremists feed off of the Israel-Palestine problem because they feel they are getting the short end of the stick, which they are.

One of the best things for world peace as of today is for the US to tell Israel to back off and give the palestinians the occupied areas and then we would send UN-troops to guard the borders between it.
This is incorrect in my opinion. No single country has the power to solve all of the Middle East's problems. Other superpowers and smaller nations could if they wished make an impact there. Etc.. etc..

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 4th, 2004, 10:06 am

I disagree samgod.......

Let's assume the US does have the power to solve the problems (which unfortunately it does not). There is nothing that we could do about it anyways because everything our country does is viewed as hostile and imperialistic by every other country in the world........and many people here too.

But back to the question........Impala hit the nail on the head.......so ironic that this could all be about religion........but so true.

samgod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 46
Joined: July 20th, 2003, 12:22 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by samgod » June 5th, 2004, 5:44 am

Well the only country in the world that gives Israel support for its occupation-politics is the US. If the US would withdraw it's support no country would be backing them up. Of course it's not 100% sure that Israel would do what the US wants cause they are the strongest military power in the middle east, and can at least for a while do what they want. But eventually...

But one will have to remember that there would be much much harsher critisism in the UN if the US would not use its veto in the security council all the time. With no support Israel would eventually have to withdraw, they can't stand that pressure in the longrun. And I think Bush might be turning around in this issue because it draws so much animosity towards the US and he might not think it's worth it. Sanctions against Israel would be costly for Israel in the long run and they have a big chance of working because Israel is a democracy (you could argue about that) but at least the most democratic country in that region.

They had a good peace plan going before when that extremist-israeli-anti-peace-activist killed Yitzhak Rabin, the prime minister of israel, resulting in a halt in the peace process.

User avatar
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 781
Joined: July 6th, 2003, 1:58 pm
Location: SCHOOLS IN SESSION

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by E`S`T » June 21st, 2004, 1:54 pm

THE US HAS ALWAYS BEEN INVOLVED WITH "BACKDOOR" AND "WORRY-WORT" POLITICS. JUST LIKE REAGAN, AND HIS LIES ABOUT FUNDING IRAN, AND ALL THE OTHER LYING AMERICAN PRESIDENTS, THERE IS AN UNDERTONE OF MONEY, GREED, AND PUPPET DICTATORSHIPS THAT THE U.S HAS SPONSERED. AS LONGS AS "OTHER" PPL BELEIVE IN WHAT THE U.S "THINKS" IS RIGHT AND GOES ALONG WITH ONE FOOT IN, ONE FOOT OUT ATTITUDE, THE U.S TURNS IT'S CHEEK TO THE INJUSTICE AND INHUMANE TREATMENT THAT IS BESTOWED UPON CIVILIANS AND INNOCENT BYSTANDERS. THIGNS LIKE WMD'S AND NUCLEAR RODS, ETC ETC.WERE GIVEN TO THESE COUNTRIES BY THE U.S AND THEN WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG OR THE U.S DOESN'T LIKE THE WAY THIGNS ARE BEING RUN, A COUP IS STAGED AND WE'RE AT WAR. THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IS THE U.S AND IT'S "BIG BROTHER, CAPITALIST, DEMOCRACY, FALSE THINKING" WAKE UP EVERYONE AND ATTEND A SOCIOLOGY CLASS OR READ SOMETHING "OTHER" THAN USA TODAY, NY TIMES, LA TIMES, STUFF LIKE THAT. MEDIA IS SCENSORED FOR YOUR SAKE AND MINE. IT'S NOT A DEMOCRACY, IT'S DICTATORSHIP WITH A DEMOCRATIC SCENT TO THROW YOU OFF...

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 21st, 2004, 2:28 pm

samdoobie wrote: MEDIA IS SCENSORED FOR YOUR SAKE AND MINE. IT'S NOT A DEMOCRACY, IT'S DICTATORSHIP WITH A DEMOCRATIC SCENT TO THROW YOU OFF...
yup.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 21st, 2004, 2:40 pm

samdoobie wrote:...THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IS THE U.S AND IT'S "BIG BROTHER, CAPITALIST, DEMOCRACY, FALSE THINKING"...
Interesting how you blame a young country. Again, that region of the world that has been fighting ever since the begining of time.

Tell me, do Muslims ever fight with each other? Or do they only fight with the US and Isreal?

In Iraq alone Saddam was killing off all the other tribes. But I don't know if you're hatred for Bush will allow you to see the truth.

User avatar
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 781
Joined: July 6th, 2003, 1:58 pm
Location: SCHOOLS IN SESSION

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by E`S`T » June 21st, 2004, 3:16 pm

SADDAM DID USE MUSTARD GAS, RICIN AND VARIOUS OTHER CHEMICALS TO KILL KURDS IN NORTHERN IRAQ. I NEVER DENIED THIS. HOMEBOY, I DID A RESEARCH PROJECT ON THIS FOR A DEMONSTRATIVE SPEECH IN COMM. SO I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THIS. BUT DURING MY COURSE OF RESEARCH, I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THE U.S HAD GIVEN SADDAM THESE SPORES, TOXINS, AND OTHER HARMFUL THIGNS TO USE AGAINST THE AYATOLLAH OF IRAN. NOW WE ARE CLAIMING TO BE THE HEROES AND ON THIS "LIBERATION" TIP. WHAT IS IT THEN??? CAUSE AFTER THERE WERE NO WMD'S FOUND, WE WENT ON THIS "LIBERATION" JOINT AND MURDERED THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE IN IRAQ. AND REMEMBER, NO ONE IS FREE WHEN OTHERS ARE OPPRESSED. AND NO ONE IS FREE WHEN U.S SOLDIERS ARE STILL OVER THERE. QUOTED 2 ME BY A CAPTAIN IN IRAQ. (STILL THERE)

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 21st, 2004, 5:44 pm

Well that is one dumb-azz captain and he should retire. What a stupid thing to say. WHO THE HELL IS STILL OPPRESSED? Not the Iraqi people that's for sure.

And let me ask you another question: Let's say some gangster kills your parents...who are you gonna go after...the gangster OR smith and wesson for providing the gun.

You seem to almost "justify" the fact that Saddam kills people because the US provided SOME weapons. YOU and most others forget that FRANCE AND GERMANY have provided a ton of weapons also...as well as other things they need for battle. And don't forget all those AKz...(Russian).

Yes, the USA is responsible for all the evils in the world....blah, blah, blah.

Tell me ONE other country you would rather live in?

NONE!

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 21st, 2004, 8:16 pm

Yea, the US government gave Saddam all those weapons.

If you wanna cause more war, you should leave this country el tio.

User avatar
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 781
Joined: July 6th, 2003, 1:58 pm
Location: SCHOOLS IN SESSION

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by E`S`T » June 21st, 2004, 8:31 pm

"TIO" YOU HAVE TO TALK APPLES WITH APPLES AND NOT APPLES AND BROCCOLI. POINT IS, AT ONE TIME DONALD RUMSFELD WAS A TOP EXECUTIVE FOR EXXON AND RECEIVES A HEFTY PENSION FROM THEM (AROUND 1.2 MILLION) WELL IT WAS KNOWN AND ON TELEVISION THAT BACK IN THE DAYS, HE WAS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF SADDAM. MONEY WAS BEING EXCHANGED AND BALLS WERE GETTING LICKED. OIL AND FAVORTISM WAS THE NORM BETWEEN THE U.S AND IRAQ. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE U.S IS ON THIS "TRIP" AND SADDAMS THE BAD GUY. I NEVER SAID HE WAS GOOD, BUT THE IRAQI PEOPLE ARE NO BETTER OFF NOW THEN THEY WERE WHEN HE WAS IN POWER. THERE STILL IS NO POWER, WATER, ELECTRICITY AND INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE BEING TARGETED BY SUICIDE BOMBERS AND U.S "GPS" GUIDED MISSLES. FAMILIES ARE BEING TORN APART AND LIVES ARE BEING LOST. WHERE'S THE LIBERATION?? U.S SOLDIERS ARE DYING, COMMITING AWOL, AND SUICIDE. WHERE'S THE POSITIVE?? NOT EVERYONE IN THE MILITARY SIGNED UP TO BE A "YES SIR" KIND OF GUY. THE MILITARY IS 10% SMALLER THAN IT WAS TEN YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF THE LIES AND PROPGANDA FROM THE FIRST GULF WAR. OPEN YOUR EYES HOMBRE AND SMELL THE ANTHRAX THAT THE U.S IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GIVING TO SADDAM. FIND THE ROOT AND YOU'LL GET TO THE PROBLEM. THE ROOT IS THIS "COWBOY" STYLE WILD WILD WEST POLITICS AMERICA ELECTED AS A PRESIDENT. HOPE YOUR CHILDREN HAVE BETTER SENSE THEN THE ONES THAT VOTED FOR BUSH. PAZ, HOMIE

ROLLIN' el Heavy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 60
Joined: June 21st, 2004, 10:07 pm
Location: LOS ANGELES

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by ROLLIN' el Heavy » June 22nd, 2004, 6:21 pm

el tio wrote:If you said yes then why is it that America is barely over 200 years old and they have been fighting there for the last 2,000 years?

hmmmmmm?
Hell naww, the US isn't reposnsible. The middle east been fighintg since the beginning of time! I say it was a stupid move to get involved and more stupid to stay there instead of worrying about our own country and building it up. Why not give the 500 billion dollars spent on overseas aid and wars, and give it to the poor folk here in the US, so people that want help, can be helped? The govt could also be giving scholarships to youngsters here in the US, who want to go to school and learn something. STUPID STUPID move by bush.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 22nd, 2004, 8:23 pm

Let's just say our ways of thinking are very different.

You guys still think inside the box. The black leaders have done their work with you.

User avatar
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 781
Joined: July 6th, 2003, 1:58 pm
Location: SCHOOLS IN SESSION

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by E`S`T » June 22nd, 2004, 8:27 pm

COME ON ESE, "BLACK LEADERS" HAVE DONE THERE WAY??? COME WITH SUBSTANCE, NOT IGNORANCE. I THINK U HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL WITH ME HOMIE...BUT DON'T COP-OUT...

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 22nd, 2004, 8:45 pm

S-DOOBIE wrote:COME ON ESE, "BLACK LEADERS" HAVE DONE THERE WAY??? COME WITH SUBSTANCE, NOT IGNORANCE. I THINK U HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL WITH ME HOMIE...BUT DON'T COP-OUT...
Yes, my hands are full with you. You're incapable of comprehending logical arguments. M.R. students are not my specialty.

Anonymous20

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 22nd, 2004, 9:50 pm

the bottom line is that Arab and Muslims hate Jews..its been like that for over 2,000 years. No one can solve this situation and the US has only been involved in this entire situation for less than 100 years, more like 75 years. The US has not solved it but Clinton did get Egypt to declare peace with Israel in 1993, but gues what happened to Hosnai Mabarak (spelled wrong) after he shook hands with the US? smoked, there's no solution over there, they hate.

If you want to blame US involvement during the 20th Century, you can make a decent case for that. But who has done more to try to broker peace in the region, no one else, Europe has done very little, the Arab world does not want peace, and no other places have the resources to deal with the problem.

The US has gviven weapons to these places when they were allies to the US, Iraq was an ally at one time under Saddam, but when he found out that the US gave weapons to his enemy Iran, he felt double crossed.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 23rd, 2004, 4:59 pm

Word up Alonso.

The US is not innocent of no wrong doing but we have tried to better the situation more than any other country in the World.

But you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It's impossible to keep everybody happy.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 965
Joined: September 1st, 2003, 10:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL
Location: http://allhood.proboards.com/index.cgi
Contact:

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Young Nile » June 25th, 2004, 12:02 pm

In the last 2,000+ years look how many times power has changed hands in that erea......

Egyptian rule, Assyrian rule, Persian rule, Babaloynian rule, Roman Rule, Mongul rule, Macadonian rule, Greek rule, Ottoman rule, british rule, Palastanian rule, now Israeli rule.

After all those different times it has been occupied by different people and foriegn invaders. It is foolish to say that the USA is the reasoning behind it all.

I call that erea a place in transition. because it never stay's under anyone's control for nor more than a century or so.

How can you have stability under such cicrumstanses?

Even if Isreal does pull out of the distputed terroritories of Palistine the turmoil will continue.....

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 25th, 2004, 10:37 pm

Young Nile wrote:In the last 2,000+ years look how many times power has changed hands in that erea......

Egyptian rule, Assyrian rule, Persian rule, Babaloynian rule, Roman Rule, Mongul rule, Macadonian rule, Greek rule, Ottoman rule, british rule, Palastanian rule, now Israeli rule.

After all those different times it has been occupied by different people and foriegn invaders. It is foolish to say that the USA is the reasoning behind it all.

I call that erea a place in transition. because it never stay's under anyone's control for nor more than a century or so.

How can you have stability under such cicrumstanses?

Even if Isreal does pull out of the distputed terroritories of Palistine the turmoil will continue.....
Word.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 26th, 2004, 3:50 am

el tio wrote:
Young Nile wrote:In the last 2,000+ years look how many times power has changed hands in that erea......

Egyptian rule, Assyrian rule, Persian rule, Babaloynian rule, Roman Rule, Mongul rule, Macadonian rule, Greek rule, Ottoman rule, british rule, Palastanian rule, now Israeli rule.

After all those different times it has been occupied by different people and foriegn invaders. It is foolish to say that the USA is the reasoning behind it all.

I call that erea a place in transition. because it never stay's under anyone's control for nor more than a century or so.

How can you have stability under such cicrumstanses?

Even if Isreal does pull out of the distputed terroritories of Palistine the turmoil will continue.....
Word.
blah blah blah. werd? wut the.......?!?!?!

everyone who can cut thru the white BS, knows that the problem is caused by the israeli palestinian conflict. Even elementary schoolkids know that.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 965
Joined: September 1st, 2003, 10:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL
Location: http://allhood.proboards.com/index.cgi
Contact:

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Young Nile » June 26th, 2004, 8:11 pm

The only reason why elementry school kids and people like your self know that is because they dont know how to pick up a history book and just go off of what they see on on TV...............

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 26th, 2004, 8:23 pm

Young Nile wrote:The only reason why elementry school kids and people like your self know that is because they dont know how to pick up a history book and just go off of what they see on on TV...............
Word.

But I also think it's the inability to "reason" things through. And the inability to see the "bigger picture".

Like they say, common sense is not that common.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 27th, 2004, 1:26 pm

el tio wrote:
Young Nile wrote:The only reason why elementry school kids and people like your self know that is because they dont know how to pick up a history book and just go off of what they see on on TV...............
Word.

But I also think it's the inability to "reason" things through. And the inability to see the "bigger picture".

Like they say, common sense is not that common.

so obviously u havent seen farenheit 911 right? If u haven't then obviously u dont follow ur own "code" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! of getting self educated. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 28th, 2004, 8:13 am

Saddam wrote:
el tio wrote:
Young Nile wrote:The only reason why elementry school kids and people like your self know that is because they dont know how to pick up a history book and just go off of what they see on on TV...............
Word.

But I also think it's the inability to "reason" things through. And the inability to see the "bigger picture".

Like they say, common sense is not that common.

so obviously u havent seen farenheit 911 right? If u haven't then obviously u dont follow ur own "code" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! of getting self educated. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Michael Moore is a KNOWN liar. He is a crackpot with an anti-Republican and anti-Bush agenda. It is proven fact that he FABRICATED material for his Bowling for Columbine movie. Common Sense dictates to me that his movie 9-11 will be loaded with partisan politics and a slanted misrepresentation of the truth to benefit his views.

I can see the bigger picture without having to see his movie.

Having said that, I will eventually see his movie so I can educate all my cousins on the misguidance. I just wont pay to see it and support his cause. And God Bless my cousins (who are almost all Democrats) who are smart enough to ask me about his movie and start a dialogue.

Anonymous20

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 28th, 2004, 3:46 pm

^^Can't wait till u come up with the 'lies' you find VS the actual truth depicted in the movie. Sure the guy may slip in some things, but those things SURE can't take over the facts shown in the movie. Go ahead, try your hardest. But in the meantime, can you please clear out these 'lies' for me in this video? http://gnn.tv/crack/

HIGH: http://http.dvlabs.com/gnn/asx/gnn/ctc_bb.asx
MEDI: http://http.dvlabs.com/gnn/asx/gnn/ctc_56.asx

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 29th, 2004, 7:20 am

I don't click on movie links and I suggest everyone else to use extreme caution also.

That's the quickest way to spread computer viruses and adware.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 29th, 2004, 6:21 pm

Capo wrote:^^Can't wait till u come up with the 'lies' you find VS the actual truth depicted in the movie. Sure the guy may slip in some things, but those things SURE can't take over the facts shown in the movie. Go ahead, try your hardest. But in the meantime, can you please clear out these 'lies' for me in this video? http://gnn.tv/crack/

HIGH: http://http.dvlabs.com/gnn/asx/gnn/ctc_bb.asx
MEDI: http://http.dvlabs.com/gnn/asx/gnn/ctc_56.asx
That shit is awesome. I can't believe all the stuff they said about how the CIA distributed Crack, and that testimony from a LAPD officer about how he was approached by the CIA to sell CRACK to the streets of LA.

CRACK= CIA.

If u use zonealarm, you reduce ur chances of getting viruses.

User avatar
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 378
Joined: March 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by el tio » June 30th, 2004, 10:55 am

Saddam wrote: Peeps like el Tio are scurred of the white power coming to light. He aint no mexican. u faker. u a cracka faggot.
We say more about ourselves when we speak of others.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by never die inside » June 30th, 2004, 4:20 pm

el tio wrote:
Saddam wrote: Peeps like el Tio are scurred of the white power coming to light. He aint no mexican. u faker. u a cracka faggot.
We say more about ourselves when we speak of others.
what the hell. What the hell u high ass mo fo. LOLZ.

Anonymous20

Re: Is America responsible for all the Middle East problems?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 1st, 2004, 2:52 pm

Messianic Imperialism
Stephen Zunes, June 29, 2004

In recent years a politicized and right-wing Protestant fundamentalist movement has emerged as a major factor in U.S. support for the policies of the rightist Likud government in Israel. To understand this influence, it is important to recognize that the rise of the religious right as a political force in the United States is a relatively recent phenomenon that emerged as part of a calculated strategy by leading right-wingers in the Republican Party who—while not fundamentalist Christians themselves—recognized the need to enlist the support of this key segment of the American population in order to achieve political power.

Traditionally, American fundamentalist Protestants were not particularly active in national politics, long seen as worldly and corrupt. This changed in the late 1970s as part of a calculated effort by conservative Republican operatives who recognized that as long as the Republican Party was primarily identified with militaristic foreign policies and economic proposals that favored the wealthy, it would remain a minority party. Over the previous five decades, Republicans had won only four out of 12 presidential elections and had controlled Congress for only two of its 24 sessions.

By mobilizing rightist religious leaders and adopting conservative positions on highly-charged social issues such as women’s rights, abortion, sex education, and homosexuality, Republican strategists were able to bring millions of fundamentalist Christians—who as a result of their lower-than-average income were not otherwise inclined to vote Republican—into their party. Through such organizations as the Moral Majority and the Christian Coalition, the GOP promoted a right-wing political agenda through radio and television broadcasts as well as from the pulpit. Since capturing this pivotal constituency, Republicans have won four out of six presidential races, have dominated the Senate for seven out of 12 sessions, and have controlled the House of Representatives for the past decade.

the rest is on http://www.guerrillanews.com/human_rights/doc4761.html (worth the read!)

Post Reply

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”