Reistatement Of The Draft?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Reistatement Of The Draft?

Unread post by Common Sense » September 27th, 2004, 5:41 pm

There is talk on capital hill to reinstate the draft for military service. This time the draft would include men and women from the ages of 18-26 for two years mandatory service, and this time no college exemptions.

It hasn't been written in stone, but the war on terrorism may keep it alive.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Reistatement Of The Draft?

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 27th, 2004, 6:05 pm

i dont even worry about it they got more then enuf troops

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » September 29th, 2004, 6:16 pm

It will effect me most definetly. i have no choice really, I had to sign up for the draft in July so i'm already screwed. Only if the let me choose my service to serve in.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 29th, 2004, 6:22 pm

just say your gay n then they wont let u in

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » September 29th, 2004, 6:29 pm

^^^LOL. That might work, but if my country truly needs me in two years then i'll go but if were in the same situation. I'll try that.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 29th, 2004, 6:42 pm

lol - thats the backup plan if the war is meaningless - ill go either way but i highly doubt they gonna draft ppl

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » September 30th, 2004, 12:53 am

I THINK ITS BS

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 1st, 2004, 5:59 pm

the draft will NOT happen...
many people are saying that it is the repubs who want to put it back in...but in reality it is two very left wing liberals who want it...bbut its not going to happen.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » October 1st, 2004, 7:19 pm

I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN EITHER.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » October 25th, 2004, 11:41 am

Politicians will never reinstate the draft. Would you vote for the draft knowing that if you do, you will lose your job? The only way that something like a draft would be reinstated is if Al Qaeda detonates a nuclear bomb in America (which is a real possibility). But if that happens, who cares about the draft?

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » October 25th, 2004, 8:04 pm

I just heard on TV that over 800 Reserve soldiers didn't show up for Roll Call and they went AWOL. Looks like to me they gonna reinstate the draft.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 29th, 2004, 12:44 pm

Nop, once again, this was simply a democratic scare tactic, saying bush was going to reinstate the draft. The Democrats will pull anything out there ass to have people vote for Kerry. And there strategy failed. Big Time. Reinstating the draft was never, Never even on the whisper in the white house. And why are people so ignorent. Bush himself can not reinstate the draft. It has to pass The House and Senate with a 2/3 vote. and a bill like that would never pass. Never. Americas military will always be a volunteer army. look at vietnam. Drafts will always fail. because the morale is weak. Dont be so nieve. The media will do whatever they can. anything in thier power to get Kerry in and Bush out. But like i said the failed tormendusly. Bush himself said countlessly We will be a ALL VOLUNTEER ARMY. why don't you people get the facts.

Amalite

Unread post by Amalite » December 8th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Politicians will never reinstate the draft. Would you vote for the draft knowing that if you do, you will lose your job? The only way that something like a draft would be reinstated is if Al Qaeda detonates a nuclear bomb in America (which is a real possibility). But if that happens, who cares about the draft?
no draft i gona happen if al qaeda does that after that i would think the end of the world will begin...we got nukes too

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 8th, 2004, 7:42 pm

Its soo sad to see the Vulnearable fall into these Tactics. There will be no draft. It was a Theory Brought up out the woodwork during the election ( The timing of that accusation, Come on People) To sway the youth Vote to Kerrys advantage. Of course and thank God It failed. But dont be so nieve. Do the research. I bet half of u up in here dont even know Bush alone can not even authorise the Draft ( Pass Congress First). So dont be stupid, and dont be dupped. Do youre research. And Shut Up!

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 8th, 2004, 11:36 pm

well I don't think so considering there gonna have robots.

http://news.com.com/Army+to+deploy+robo ... g=nefd.top
Army to deploy robots that shoot

Published: December 1, 2004, 12:23 PM PST

By Michael Kanellos

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Next year, the U.S. Army will give robots machine guns, although humans will firmly be in control of them.

The Army next March will begin to deploy Talon robots from Waltham, Mass.-based Foster-Miller. The robots will be mounted with M240 or M249 machine guns, said a Foster-Miller spokesman. The units also can be mounted with a rocket launcher. Defense agencies have been testing an armed version of the Talon since 2003.

Putting guns on robotic vehicles is a natural evolution of the technology, which is being adopted to decrease risks to personnel in the field, the company said. Several robots, including the Talon and the PackBot from iRobot, have been used to conduct surveillance missions such as taking pictures inside the caves of Tora Bora, Afghanistan, during the conflict. Other robots have been mounted with "distruptors," guns that disable bombs and mines.

A robot coming next year from John Deere and iRobot will ferry supplies to and from the front, navigating its travels with little human input.

A robotic vehicle with a machine gun will essentially enable soldiers to stay in a safe area while attacking an enemy.

Unlike most robots, the machine gun-mounted Talon won't be autonomous. People will guide it via radio commands or fiber networks and then have full control over the gun.

"Driving, observing and shooting are always done with a man in the loop," the Foster-Miller spokesman said. "The labs like autonomy, but the users themselves always like to have control."

The Talon weighs about 80 pounds, travels at 5.2 miles per hour and can go about 20 miles on a battery charge. In "wake up" mode, in which the unit conducts surveillance but remains mostly dormant, a battery charge can last about a week. The Talon was used in Bosnia to dispose of grenades and during the cleanup of the World Trade Center.

The company has received more than $65 million in orders from various defense agencies.

[img]http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2004/robottalon_500x136.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.foster-miller.com/images/pre ... on-web.gif[/img]

It actually looks like skynets first prototypes from terminator 3.

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » December 9th, 2004, 12:45 am

What the fuc is that?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 9th, 2004, 11:09 am

Invincible wrote:well I don't think so considering there gonna have robots.

http://news.com.com/Army+to+deploy+robo ... g=nefd.top
Army to deploy robots that shoot

Published: December 1, 2004, 12:23 PM PST

By Michael Kanellos

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Next year, the U.S. Army will give robots machine guns, although humans will firmly be in control of them.

The Army next March will begin to deploy Talon robots from Waltham, Mass.-based Foster-Miller. The robots will be mounted with M240 or M249 machine guns, said a Foster-Miller spokesman. The units also can be mounted with a rocket launcher. Defense agencies have been testing an armed version of the Talon since 2003.

Putting guns on robotic vehicles is a natural evolution of the technology, which is being adopted to decrease risks to personnel in the field, the company said. Several robots, including the Talon and the PackBot from iRobot, have been used to conduct surveillance missions such as taking pictures inside the caves of Tora Bora, Afghanistan, during the conflict. Other robots have been mounted with "distruptors," guns that disable bombs and mines.

A robot coming next year from John Deere and iRobot will ferry supplies to and from the front, navigating its travels with little human input.

A robotic vehicle with a machine gun will essentially enable soldiers to stay in a safe area while attacking an enemy.

Unlike most robots, the machine gun-mounted Talon won't be autonomous. People will guide it via radio commands or fiber networks and then have full control over the gun.

"Driving, observing and shooting are always done with a man in the loop," the Foster-Miller spokesman said. "The labs like autonomy, but the users themselves always like to have control."

The Talon weighs about 80 pounds, travels at 5.2 miles per hour and can go about 20 miles on a battery charge. In "wake up" mode, in which the unit conducts surveillance but remains mostly dormant, a battery charge can last about a week. The Talon was used in Bosnia to dispose of grenades and during the cleanup of the World Trade Center.

The company has received more than $65 million in orders from various defense agencies.

[img]http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2004/robottalon_500x136.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.foster-miller.com/images/pre ... on-web.gif[/img]

It actually looks like skynets first prototypes from terminator 3.
Ohh what the fucc is that. GIMME GIMME GIMME. Thats on my Christmas Toy LIst. And thats Foshow... I gotsta to get me one of those.

hitonme
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hitonme » December 12th, 2004, 5:49 pm

Damn Military depends on technology so much. Future wars are gonna consist on technology and technology might not be on our side anymore. Technology is gonna bite us americans in the ass if we keep on depending on technology. It looks like the age of computers has begun and we can't let them control our lives forever. As for the draft, Bush PROMISED in his campaigns that he would not reinstate the draft. I'm kind of skeptical though. If another war happens during his reign for the next 4 years, then we will like see a draft being reinstated.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 13th, 2004, 4:03 pm

The Next war will be Nuclear. No man Power needed. So those of you skepticale. Youre making things more confusing for yourself. There will be no
Draft. Because the next war. I guarantee will consist of no man. If you get my drift. now there will be global conflicts, requiring INternational Aid, Firepower and so on. But as far as another Direct war. It just wont happen. Nukes will be fliyin before men.

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”