IRA and Palestinians

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

IRA and Palestinians

Unread post by stoked18 » July 17th, 2011, 6:34 pm

I am a big supporter of the Irish Republican Army and the other Catholic freedom fighters in Northern Ireland. I guess I kind of understand where the Palestinians are coming from. And no I'm not talking about Hamas or any other Palestinian terrorist group. And no I am not an Israeli hater. I support Israel, just that I understand why the Palestinians are mad. Just like the English did with Ireland , Israel forced the Palestinians out of their land to make room for Jewish people after they were displaced by World War II and the Holocaust. It pisses me off that people call the IRA terrorists when they are actually freedom fighters.The English invaded their land and treated them like shit and took their land and treated them like animals because they were Catholic. So what did they do? They took up arms and fought. True, some of their tactics sometimes are questionable, but the Protestant gangs in Ulster are way more sectarian in their killings. When the British invaded America and we fought them in the Revolutionary War, were they considered terrorists? No. We call them revolutionaries. Same with the IRA. And the IRA is way different than Hamas and all the other ones. The IRA doesn't board city buses with women and children with a bomb strapped to their chest. The IRA targets British soldiers and British police. Same thing we did in the 1700s. The IRA is pretty much equivalent to the American patriots back then. Crazy how some groups are called terrorists and some revolutionaries, isn't it?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: IRA and Palestinians

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 18th, 2011, 9:15 am

Yeah & some groups we call gangs now weren't always looked at as gangs.

stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

Re: IRA and Palestinians

Unread post by stoked18 » July 20th, 2011, 6:09 am

Yeah and what's crazy is it was a well known fact that Ted Kennedy was a supporter of the IRA and raised funds for them. They say that a lot of people in Boston raise funds for them. You know Boston is a predominantly Irish Catholic city. You know how the sneaky the government is, I might have some people show up at my door saying I'm a supporter of terrorism.

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”