A Question for Taggers...

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

A Question for Taggers...

Unread post by el tio » March 26th, 2004, 4:08 pm

Why you get off defacing people's private property?

I'm an artist myself and I used to tag all over my notebooks and sketch books but we never tore up people's property unless they asked us too.

Beside's we took pride in our work and didn't want everyone biting our style.

All the gay azz tagging you see now is 90% crap. No sense of style or good wrist movement. A bunch of wanna-be's fueled by the resurgence of the b-boy (hip-hop) movement.

And another thing........I'm tired of seeing gang graff. everywhere! Especially since it's being done by people who aint even in gangs but just from that hood. If you got a problem with a gang then step to em'. Stop tearin' up the city man........it looks like crap!

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: A Question for Taggers...

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 28th, 2004, 2:12 pm

IMA "TAGGER" I DONT WRITE ON PEOPLES PRIVATE PROPERTY.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 28th, 2004, 11:54 pm

well thats nice u never "tore" up anybodys property unless they asked u to. what a nice guy.

90% of it is crap? well thats your opinion...no graffiti writters give a damn what u think anyways. no sence of style or good wrist movement? well so who gives a damn. its all about "getting up" an pissing people like u off.lol
and were a bunch of wanna be's fueled by the "b-boy hip-hop movement"? lol thats BS my decision to write graffiti had nothing to do with hip-hop.a wanna be? a wanna be what?
Last edited by RuthlessCray on March 29th, 2004, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » March 29th, 2004, 9:19 am

RuthlessBone909 wrote:...no graffiti writters give a damn what u think anyways...
Oh are you the President?

'Cause I didn't know you spoke for everybody.

And yes, you are right, Graff writers in general don't give a damm about anybody else but themselves. That's why people like you are the most selfish, self-centered, attention whores on the planet.

You run around "in the dark" when nobody can see you and then get up. Yeah that's real brave. You think you have skills, then put it on some canvas and let me see you sell it. Any "good" graff writer I knew growin' up always made money 'cause people wanted them to do their shyt.

But that's pieces.........taggin' is for spoiled little babies who need a swift kick in the azz or a fist in their in neck to wake their azz up. You're tearin' up your own community...............but that's right..........YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 29th, 2004, 2:36 pm

come on man i know i dont speak for everybody but u arent the only one who hates us an anybody who tags aint worried about what all the haters think cause if they did care then they wouldnt even be tagging. we run around in the dark when nobody can see an get up....well yeah most the time especially if its a piece or bomb becasue if not people will call the cops...so what do u expect? for us to hit up some pieces in the day time where everyone can see us? is that what u concider brave? when it comes to tags for me that really dont matter it only takes a few seconds to do that so day or night it dont matter for me.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 29th, 2004, 3:02 pm

If I catch 'emin my hood it'll be like pac man in colors. either grow some balls and bang, or go hit the books. And tio is right. If you're a real artist, go have that shi- hung up in an art gallery and make some $. Nobody's gonna shoot your ass for that.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 29th, 2004, 3:12 pm

^ see thats how people get the wrong idea about writing. grow some balls an bang? how stupid is that....it has nothing to do with banging and it aint even about trying to look tough or brave or whatever people think. but if someone says they r gunna do something well then do it..trust me i wont run....an tio if u care about whos "tearin" up the community then in your sig i think u should include gang members too.. "i hate taggers and gang members"

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 29th, 2004, 3:17 pm

My point is that you might as well bang, because if I catch someone taggin on my house, the sidewalk in front of my house, the streetsign in front of my house, or my garage, etc. That tagger is gonna wish he was from a hood. A real deep hood cuz Ima treat him like an enemy. Is it worth gettin hurt because you wanted to spraypaint someone elses shi-? like I said before, if you really want to tag, go tag on your mommas house, or your grandmamas house. see how they like it.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 29th, 2004, 3:25 pm

well panik...i actually understand your point about might as well bang. especially with all the stupid beef that starts over writing.thats one thing i will admit is wrong about it cause it can create problems and sometimes i thought i might as well bang if im gunna have all the beef that i have. but i would never be the type to tag on someones house or anything like that...only cause i wouldnt want them writing on my house either.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » March 30th, 2004, 2:11 pm

RuthlessBone909 wrote:...an tio if u care about whos "tearin" up the community then in your sig i think u should include gang members too.. "i hate taggers and gang members"
thas true. and i do hate gang graff too!

but truth be told if i see somebody throwin' up a CHAKA 161 then it's on......but if i see a T-FLATS goin' up then i will bite my lip 'cause I don't wanna die over it.

anyways, it just gets old after a while. you walk into any "brand new" establishment in the hood and all the vandals have already scratched the hell out of the doors in the bathroom......graff'd the mirror......etc, etc, etc.....

you know people work hard for a living and other people just come along and destroy it like nothing.............that's all.

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » April 4th, 2004, 9:13 pm

Im what the public calls a tagger but i conside myself a street artist. I dont tag on nobody's property cuz its disrespect, I've tagged on city property like signs and freeway walls, or company walls in alleys cuz the city will buff it every two weeks. I write my shit by the LA river but cops gettin wised to us. I do it cuz its creative passion, I hate the tag freestyles, its pointless, might as well hit up a piece. I hate the idea that everyone wants to be a tight tagger. Tagging is not something everyone is good at, its something that was meant for specific people. It's like that phase that just passed when everyone wanted to be a pro skater.

Be-Bop

Unread post by Be-Bop » April 4th, 2004, 9:23 pm

i live in Brooklyn, and 90% of the graffiti i see is that chicken-scratch shit that all looks the same. you know the kind im talking about. like this [img]http://www.adbrush.com.au/images/grafitti%205.jpg[/img]

I mean damn shit like that aint even art its just writing but people call that shit graffiti. so all you taggers either make some nice graffiti or stop writing that chicken shit on my apartment door!!!

cookie

Unread post by cookie » April 6th, 2004, 6:18 pm

tagging to me is like an outcry, like 'maybe I can't get out of here and be heard in the legitimate world, so this is my way of speaking to the city and people like me'

I don't tag on people's grandma's fences and private property, I only do it on public/city property like signs and electric boxes, walls etc.

I don't do it for fame, I do it because I like the freedom it gives me.
I have a crew, and they're like a smaller and less serious version of a gang, I suppose.. we support each other and protect each other because we are like-minded individuals

graffiti is the only real free media. If you wrote to the newspaper and said you didn't like the government, they might not publish it, but with a spraycan/pen in your hand, you can tell the people of your city anything, and if you do it in a good place, they WILL know how you feel. Not all graff is political I guess but I think a lot of youths turn to graffiti because they feel silenced and suppressed; and a message on a wall is not something you can ignore.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 6th, 2004, 6:27 pm

I think I said this before, but just because you tag on city property doesn't make it better then on someone's house. They just raise taxes to pay for cleaning up the tagging, or painting over it, and those taxes still get paid by grandma, moms, me, and everyone else out here that has a damn job.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 7th, 2004, 1:01 pm

Panik wrote:My point is that you might as well bang, because if I catch someone taggin on my house, the sidewalk in front of my house, the streetsign in front of my house, or my garage, etc. That tagger is gonna wish he was from a hood. A real deep hood because Ima treat him like an enemy. Is it worth gettin hurt because you wanted to spraypaint someone elses shi-? like I said before, if you really want to tag, go tag on your mommas house, or your grandmamas house. see how they like it.
lolol.. word. That's what is going to happen if you get caught in someone's hood or by another hood member or just by a pissed off citizen. Lot of kids crane their neck this way and that searching to make sure the "coast is clear" before they lay that illegal tag down.. and this is why. lol.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 8th, 2004, 11:21 am

cookie wrote:...graffiti is the only real free media. If you wrote to the newspaper and said you didn't like the government, they might not publish it, but with a spraycan/pen in your hand, you can tell the people of your city anything, and if you do it in a good place, they WILL know how you feel. Not all graff is political I guess but I think a lot of youths turn to graffiti because they feel silenced and suppressed; and a message on a wall is not something you can ignore...
Dude, NOBODY is talking about Political messages on the wall. We're talking about people chicken scratching their names on public and private property.

Anyways, your argument is the same one used by terrorist. Since nobody listens to them they just blow up innocent people. So sorry, but I do not agree with you. Why do we all have to know how YOU feel?!?!?!

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » April 8th, 2004, 7:21 pm

I think theres biggger problems in this country than tagging.If you wanna help the community than go yell at those gang bangers killin each other and innocent people.Why dont you go yell at the gang bangers and put "i hate gang bangers"under the ish you say?There much worse problems then tagging.You guys really wanna make a diffrence dont spend so much time on our ass's .....why dont you get people to stop killin each other,get people to stop sellin drugs,get money for schools,feed the poor.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 8th, 2004, 8:23 pm

lewis503 wrote:I think theres biggger problems in this country than tagging.If you wanna help the community than go yell at those gang bangers killin each other and innocent people.Why dont you go yell at the gang bangers and put "i hate gang bangers"under the ish you say?There much worse problems then tagging.You guys really wanna make a diffrence dont spend so much time on our ass's .....why dont you get people to stop killin each other,get people to stop sellin drugs,get money for schools,feed the poor.
^hell yeah thats what im thinking.

see people r scared of gang bangers so they rather pick on taggers they figure its easier.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 10th, 2004, 8:59 pm

RuthlessBone909 wrote:
lewis503 wrote:I think theres biggger problems in this country than tagging.If you wanna help the community than go yell at those gang bangers killin each other and innocent people.Why dont you go yell at the gang bangers and put "i hate gang bangers"under the ish you say?There much worse problems then tagging.You guys really wanna make a diffrence dont spend so much time on our ass's .....why dont you get people to stop killin each other,get people to stop sellin drugs,get money for schools,feed the poor.
^hell yeah thats what im thinking.

see people r scared of gang bangers so they rather pick on taggers they figure its easier.
IT IS! [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung030 ... ey-014.gif[/img]

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 10th, 2004, 9:06 pm

LOL! Yeah I notice how people talk junk to you taggers but you dont see the same people on the other board telling the bangers to stop. And if they do they choose there words wisely.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 12th, 2004, 2:45 pm

So you hatin on taggers.Alright see yo point,but it's not like you see mine.
Yeah we tag up peoples property.We hide in the dark.Well no not all of us.Or me any way.Call me slow,dumb whatever, i hit up both of that *stuff* up in the day(pieces & so called chicken scratch).But no i don't hit up on peoples houses either.Unless i actually want to piss them off.Oh and about that *junk* about how we feel,hell naw,thats not wht i do it.But it do get a kick out of it when i run into one of yaw haters...pure comedy.
And lay off with the taggers.Yeah we part of the problem,but only part of it.Go *mess* with banngers.It aint like i'm out killin peeps.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 12th, 2004, 3:12 pm

well not to beat a dead horse...........but usually bangers bang on each other and not total strangers.

how often do bangers EFF with total strangers?

maybe once in a while for kicks but i think it's rare.

on the other hand taggers see a "nice spot" and there goes the neigborhood.

like somone said earlier...........go tag up your momma's house or your granmammas house..........see how they like it.

or let me chicken scratch your property.........let's see how you like that?!?

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 12th, 2004, 3:22 pm

yeah they bang on each other but how many times do you hear about someone getting shot by a bullet meant for someone else.to many.Now how many people get killed by any tagger.Yeah theres a nice spot here and there,but it don't mean that there goes the neighborhood.Usually the neighbor hoods are already gone.Oh and go ahead chicken scratch my property.Like said ito only make me wanna do yours the same for a kick.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 12th, 2004, 5:10 pm

="Sirez"...Oh and go ahead chicken scratch my property.Like said ito only make me wanna do yours the same for a kick.
No thanks. I have respect for other people's property.........just the way I was raised.........obviously you were raised differently.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 12th, 2004, 5:48 pm

Just remember "What goes around comes around". The energy you put out there will come back to haunt you 10X greater. It may not be tomorrow or next week, but your DAY is coming.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 12th, 2004, 10:07 pm

true that.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 10:58 pm

I'm against it all I feel like do to others the way you want done to you, so if taggers dont wont there houses tagged on then stop taggin on others property. I am lucky I dont have to go through that, and the taggers say we not hurting nobody but get this if you get caught then you will be the ones hurting.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 13th, 2004, 12:08 am

yeah well what goes around comes around.true,but don't make no difference to me.I stop caring for just about everything a while ago.
So let it come around.Ten times greater or million times greater,lifes just a game and i'm playin mine.But like i said,i don't go around hittin up on peoples houses.And just cause we taggers don't mean we cain't fight.So don't go thinkin we'll be the ones hurtin.
Oh and Tio,i was raised that same way,it jus didn't happen to turn out that way.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 13th, 2004, 1:23 am

I would not mind if yall tag on trains, bridges, but people houses is way to far.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 13th, 2004, 6:48 am

MOSt of us dont write on peoples houses...id say 95% dont write on peoples houses and actually...where i live the gangs r the ones who dont care about writting on private property they think its all their territory..

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 13th, 2004, 9:25 am

See joker nows.You could want everything but you caint get it all.Trains are tight spots sometimes cus so many peeps see them.Bridges i don't know,i don't do bridges.

JUST_2_HATED_909

Unread post by JUST_2_HATED_909 » April 13th, 2004, 3:10 pm

most taggers DONT write on people's houses, the only times i see tagging on houses is on abandoned houses, and im sure if people lived there, the writing wouldn't be there

Return to “Graffiti, Tattoos & Fashion”