A Question for Taggers...

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: A Question for Taggers...

Unread post by Common Sense » April 13th, 2004, 7:16 pm

What about private businesses? eh.

Mom and Pop stores can't afford to take paint off every week, so it stays up there, and the neighborhood declines just a little bit more.

Taggin' on city property is even worst, because city property is shared by all in the community. The cost of removing paint is shared by all in the community. That money could go to better use.

Excuse if I may seem a little hostile (it's not meant to be), but I'm not too sympathetic on Taggers right now, you know with the country at war and all.

I feel most people that tag, are looking for attention. For some reason they are not getting enough attention through family and friends, so negative attention is better than no attention at all.

Taggers don't realize that there is nothing kool about helping bring on Decay of your community. So many people are trying to bring the community up, so people don't have to live in filth and garbage, and that includes visual.

People are dying everyday overseas so we don't have more random attacks of Jet liners crashing into the places we frequent daily. These soldiers, marines , and sailors are trying to keep the quality of life up in America so we are not living in fear, and this is your contribution to society. This is the best you can do?

Community activist are doing there part in local areas by planting trees, removing trash and etc.

Taggin' on trains, bridges, and anything else of the like, is total disrespect for your country, your city, your community, and your self.

But Taggers don't care about anyone else...it's all about them. they need attention, want their name in lights so they can be famous.

Low self esteem at it's finest. All taggers grow up and become adults eventually. I hope.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » April 13th, 2004, 8:59 pm

Common Sense wrote:What about private businesses? eh.

Mom and Pop stores can't afford to take paint off every week...
AMEN

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 13th, 2004, 9:00 pm

Well well,what a nice thing to say.People are dying.But that has nothing to do cus of me.Not that i don't care but that's life,live and die.So you live your day to the fullest.I have fun in all my days,if that involves taggin,well tough.Cus i'm just livin my everyday.Ever heard of "Everyone dies,but not everyone lives."Well i'm just livin.Personally i don't have low self esteem.I'm happy with my self,not sayin i live perfectly but i'm happy.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 13th, 2004, 9:06 pm

[quote="Common Sense"]What about private businesses? eh.

Mom and Pop stores can't afford to take paint off every week, so it stays up there, and the neighborhood declines just a little bit more.

they shouldnt take it off every week!!! they should leave it an be glade that someone wrote on their place!

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 13th, 2004, 10:10 pm

Yea, well you fella's are right. Excuse me for given you false information. As a matter of fact...get on out there. Do your thang baby.

Every dog has his day.

Good luck gentlemen and goodnite.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 16th, 2004, 6:15 pm

when did we ever say that u gave us false information?

u r right....money can go to better things than taking off graffiti...thats why i dont understand why they take it off...see alot of us see things differently.i love to see graffiti whever i go...i hate going to a place where their isnt any graffiti anywhere to look at...but u guys see it as garbage and tearing up property...

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 16th, 2004, 8:22 pm

RuthlessBone909 wrote:when did we ever say that u gave us false information?

u r right....money can go to better things than taking off graffiti...thats why i dont understand why they take it off...see alot of us see things differently.i love to see graffiti whever i go...i hate going to a place where their isnt any graffiti anywhere to look at...but u guys see it as garbage and tearing up property...
RB...

I don't have anything against graffiti art, but I am against anyone violating someone's personal property. Like today. I drove by this small business, and you can tell this is not a corporate operation, but some kid just came by and scralled three large letters on the mans window. I'm sure he didn't ask for that. It's been up there while now. He either can't afford to take it down or he has just given up. But it looks bad on his businesses building. I really felt bad for him.

Think about the prison rape thread:
Young guy screwed up...sent to prison, and the bigger, hardened cellie decides to just take the bootie....period..the end. VIOLATION. Nobody likes to be violated, it damages the human psyche no matter small it may seem. Now the bigger cellie may say "I'm doing homes a favor, better me knocking them boots than 20 MF's. Homie should be grateful for my protection. Violation......sucks, no matter what way you get it. Taggin' somebody's property is VIOLATION, and yes there are people who take pride in their city's property, because city property belongs to the constituents of the community.

I apologize if I came off a little harsh. I have had correspondance with you before, and it's always a welcomed interaction. You should anonymously talk to some of these people. Just go inot their business and say. "Hey! I saw your window was tagged", and just listen to them. They will tell you how they feel. You will hear the frustration and tiredness in their voice. That's the only way to know first hand.

Now a kool graffiti mural that's set aside for the artist to work on. I can get down with that. Most city's will give permit's for local graffiti art to be put up. Check it out.
Last edited by Common Sense on April 17th, 2004, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 16th, 2004, 10:28 pm

What taggers dont realize you can hurt peoples way of living, by you tagging there buisnesses they may loose customers.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » April 19th, 2004, 4:54 pm

I say if you want to tag, go ahead........

Just tag your own PERSONAL property..........

DO NOT TAG- Private Property
Public Property
Etch windows on busses....... Do you guys know how much it is to replace a window frame on a MTA bus here in LA?? $1200.00 bucks.... that's just the frame not the window.......

Then you wonder why complain when the price of public transportation goes up.........

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 24th, 2004, 9:57 pm

well it's not like the goverment cain't pay it,so f*k it.I ain't gonna stop taggin cus of a guy tellin me not to.so come to compton and see me up,see the fame the beauty the art.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2004, 10:18 pm

Sirez wrote:well it's not like the goverment cain't pay it,so f*k it.I ain't gonna stop taggin cus of a guy tellin me not to.so come to compton and see me up,see the fame the beauty the art.
Yea yea...that's the mentality. "I'm gonna do it cos you said not to do it".
I can tell you are a child and your selfish. Do what you want. You are the only person who has to eventually answer to it. One day you'll grow up and learn self discipline and respect, until then your just another dumb statistic waiting to happen.

Thanks for being part of the problem in Compton. I'm sure your parents are proud of you.

Tag it up bro....it's all about you....have a good time.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 24th, 2004, 10:28 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Think about the prison rape thread:
Young guy screwed up...sent to prison, and the bigger, hardened cellie decides to just take the bootie....period..the end. VIOLATION. Nobody likes to be violated, it damages the human psyche no matter small it may seem. Now the bigger cellie may say "I'm doing homes a favor, better me knocking them boots than 20 MF's. Homie should be grateful for my protection. Violation......sucks, no matter what way you get it. Taggin' somebody's property is VIOLATION, and yes there are people who take pride in their city's property, because city property belongs to the constituents of the community.

HAHA.. I didnt see this part of your post before..are you trying to scare me about prison or something? if you are..its not going to work..
Last edited by RuthlessCray on September 14th, 2005, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 24th, 2004, 10:39 pm

one reason im not scared of prison is because I don't ever plan on going there..most people i know who get caught spend the night in jail or something but so far I havnt been caught after all these years..but actually i havnt been out writing lately because I been busy with other things..my enemies are still out there crossing me out everywhere and writting on peoples HOMES. i guess some taggers are much more of jerks than others..but I'm just letting things go right now trying to stay out of trouble..I don't really want to stop because its what i love to do..its something i been into my whole life..but I might have to stop soon for certain reasons..
Last edited by RuthlessCray on September 14th, 2005, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2004, 10:41 pm

RB

I'm not trying to scare you or anybody else. I was using the prison scenario as an example of being violated....that's all.

Everything I post on this forum are strickly my opinions. People can do what ever the hell they want. They usually do.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2004, 10:48 pm

RuthlessBone909 wrote:one reason im not scared of prison is because i dont ever plan on going there..most people i know who get caught spend the night in jail or something but so far i havnt been caught after all these years..but actually i havnt been out writing lately because i been busy with other things..my enemies r still out there crossing me out everywhere and writting on peoples HOMES. i guess some taggers r much more of jerks than others..but im just letting things go right now trying to stay out of trouble..i dont really want to stop because its what i love to do..its something i been into my whole life..but i might have to stop soon for certain reasons..
Going to jail over night for trivial crime is usually the gateway for going to jail over worse crimes down the road. You can become desentizised about crime and punishment so it's easier to do other things. i'm not saying you in particular, but other people do fall into this category.

Just by reading your post...you seem like a descent person who is just caught up right now. I'm gald your staying out of trouble. You really don't need it.

As far as taggin'. I know it's addictive, but it is soooo jacked up for alot of people. Maybe not for you, but it is for somebody else.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 24th, 2004, 10:48 pm

so i be a child now,that's cu and no my parents aint proud of me lokz.But everyones a satistic waitin to happen.Ay homie you don't know me to say i'm selfish,you think, oh he says this so he's like that,naw fu you ain't that smart.So how you go about sayin i'm selfish,where do you get that from.But i dont do squat cus you tell me not to.I do it cus thats jus my thing i like to do.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2004, 10:55 pm

Sirez wrote:so i be a child now,that's cu and no my parents aint proud of me lokz.But everyones a satistic waitin to happen.Ay homie you don't know me to say i'm selfish,you think, oh he says this so he's like that,naw fu you ain't that smart.So how you go about sayin i'm selfish,where do you get that from.But i dont do squat cus you tell me not to.I do it cus thats jus my thing i like to do.
I don't need to know you...to know that your selfish. YOU ARE SELFISH.

You can do whatever you want. You can go tag on the whitehouse if that makes you feel better. But your a SELFISH MF.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 24th, 2004, 11:16 pm

Naw you aint helpin me here,i really want to know what makes you think i'm selfish?supposedly?

cookie

Unread post by cookie » April 25th, 2004, 3:07 am

Damn things are gettin heated in here.

So I'm just gonna say that I agree with most of what Sirez is saying, and that I think it's better to be involved in graffiti than in a gang; and I'm glad I am.

Consider also that in a tagger's mind, graffiti can be anywhere on the line between art and vandalism.

In New Zealand, I think it's very different from a big place like America. It's almost like an illegal sport. The game is small and competitive, there are strict and unwritten rules, and a clear line between the artists and the toys. And this city has a well-financed graffiti removal squad.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 26th, 2004, 4:21 pm

Cookie...I think both of our country's could have better use for tax dollars other than cleaning walls deliberatly written on.

I would rather see that money be given to women in domestic abuse shelters. I would rather see that money go to a soup house. I would rather see that money go to STOP RACISM AGAINST MAORI PEOPLE, than go to a grafitti clean up crew. Do you know what I mean? It's a waste of money.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 26th, 2004, 9:47 pm

Alright fu look at it this way,you seem like one of those spiritual activist fu's.So you know the world has Good in it and it has Evil.Thats a perfectly balanced world, right.Soup kitchens and Shelters is all that Good.
I (a tagger) am that Evil jus doing my part to balance the world from all the lovely Goodness you give out.You feel me Homie?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 27th, 2004, 1:39 pm

Sirez,

Your not evil. You just haven't found your niche yet. You think taggin' is your niche because that's what's occupies your mind right now, but eventually you'll move on. Might even take a few years for you to do it, but you will. I'm not an activist. I'm just a man who may have a little insight from where some of you are coming from and where some of you are going. I share alternative information.

You Sirez...... may be the new common sense in the future. It's funny how things can work out.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » April 27th, 2004, 11:47 pm

me be you ha you funny.but i guess its somethin comin from you homie.yeah that is what occupies my attention,that and girls.but how thoughtful of you, you actually took the time and wrote my name,twice.

cookie

Unread post by cookie » May 1st, 2004, 8:51 pm

Common Sense wrote:Cookie...I think both of our country's could have better use for tax dollars other than cleaning walls deliberatly written on.

I would rather see that money be given to women in domestic abuse shelters. I would rather see that money go to a soup house. I would rather see that money go to STOP RACISM AGAINST MAORI PEOPLE, than go to a grafitti clean up crew. Do you know what I mean? It's a waste of money.
I understand what you're saying, but I can't think this way, because I know that no amount of complaining about anything (even good causes, like help for battered women) will guarantee a reaction from anyone. I think natural progression changes things when the roots of our problems change with time. Yeah graffiti is a waste of money, but it's not the graffiti that's the problem, it's the people doing the graffiti. And it's not the domestic abuse that's the problem, you can't just put some money on a domestic abuse case and expect it to go away; because it's the person inflicting the abuse that's the problem.

All that said, I kinda lost my point along the way somewhere :lol:

I would also like to see that money going to battered women and maori racism issues, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing graffiti. But the council isn't going to stop spending on graffiti, because graffiti isn't going to stop.

Sirez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sirez » May 1st, 2004, 8:58 pm

Cookie said
[All that said, I kinda lost my point along the way somewhere]

That there is some funny sh*t

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » June 25th, 2004, 9:26 am

MAN I AINT EVEN GUNA TAKE TIME TO READ ALL the BS. BUT IF U DISSIN ON TAGGERS N U DONT LIKE IT THEN GO OUT N TAKE OFF OUR ISH CUZ NO MATTER WUT WE STILL GUNA BE RUNNIN the STREETS AT NIGHT TEARIN UP the CITIES ITS WHAT WE DO U FEEL ME. AND ALL U CAN DO IS TALK UR ISH AND TALK DOWN ON IT BUT AINT GUNA CHANGE NOBODY AIGHT. WELL KEEP GRAFFITI ALIVE.PZ

ASEK
AWAKE ONE
ONER

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 26th, 2004, 8:31 am

That's your problem my brotha...you don't read, you got nothin' to do, and your weak.

Get on out there....do your thang baby...cause every dog has their day.

and you'll have yours..but when you do, you'll think about this forum and that you read it here first. Your not the first fool.

what's entertaining about you knuckleheads, is that you fools think your originals. Your game has came and gone twenty times before you. So it's just a matter of time before you get yours. The odds are always against you. I just hope one day you find some self esteem and self respect.

Oh yea..thanks for your contribution and assistance in making the city a filthier place to live.

Tur Hogg

Unread post by Tur Hogg » June 29th, 2004, 12:10 am

you cant call yourself a true graffiti writer if you dont do ilegal graffiti!! the definition of graffiti is ilegal... Ive been doing graffiti for a long time and to this day i dont reconize graffiti as art... I dont consider my self a artist.. I;d rather be in the streets doing shit then some buster on paper.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » July 9th, 2004, 2:07 pm

Tur Hogg wrote:you cant call yourself a true graffiti writer if you dont do ilegal graffiti!!
Not true but I know what you mean.
the definition of graffiti is ilegal...
do you work for Webster's.
Ive been doing graffiti for a long time and to this day i dont reconize graffiti as art...
you and millions of others.
I dont consider my self a artist...
I aint mad at ya.
I;d rather be in the streets doing stuff then some buster on paper.
I'm sure your family is proud of you.

Your mom must love to tell the other ladies how her son stays up late at night to deface the city.

I bet your Great Grandmothers and Grandfathers look down at you from heaven and say...."ahhhhh now there is somebody who did something with his life"

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » July 27th, 2004, 8:16 pm

AYE LETS GET DOWN TO the SIMPLE FACTS. WRITTERS DO WUT THAT DO AND AINT NOBODY GUNA STOP US. I STARTED WRITTIN IN 5TH GRADE DAMNIT. IVE GOTTEN 2 MISDEMENORS FOR IT. ANYWHERE I GO IM DOWN TO WRITE. EXCEPT IN A HOOD. ITS IN OUR SYSTEM. WE SEE A NICE SPOT WERE OTHER PPL GUNA SEE IT WE GUNA CATCH IT FOR the FAME. IN the END U CAN MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A CRIMINAL WHOS A PIECE OF S*** BUT IM STIL GUNA BE OUT THERE HITTIN UP U FEEL ME? AND I AINT A BAD PERSON. I GOT TO SKOOL. I DO MY WORK. CUZ ITS WORK BEFORE PLAY BUT WEN IM OUT THERE AT NIGHT I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT N E ONE THINKS IMA PLACE MY FINGER ON the TIP OF MY CAN AND WRITE! ALRIGHT PZ

IM NOT TRYIN TO DISRESPCT AS MUCH AS IT SEEMS LIKE I AM. I JUST DONT APPRECIATE THAT PPL MAKE GRAFFITI LOOK LIKE WE OUT THERE KILLIN PEOPLE.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » July 27th, 2004, 8:28 pm

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:AYE LETS GET DOWN TO the SIMPLE FACTS. WRITTERS DO WUT THAT DO AND AINT NOBODY GUNA STOP US. I STARTED WRITTIN IN 5TH GRADE DAMNIT. IVE GOTTEN 2 MISDEMENORS FOR IT. ANYWHERE I GO IM DOWN TO WRITE. EXCEPT IN A HOOD. ITS IN OUR SYSTEM. WE SEE A NICE SPOT WERE OTHER PPL GUNA SEE IT WE GUNA CATCH IT FOR the FAME. IN the END U CAN MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A CRIMINAL WHOS A PIECE OF S*** BUT IM STIL GUNA BE OUT THERE HITTIN UP U FEEL ME? AND I AINT A BAD PERSON. I GOT TO SKOOL. I DO MY WORK. because ITS WORK BEFORE PLAY BUT WEN IM OUT THERE AT NIGHT I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT N E ONE THINKS IMA PLACE MY FINGER ON the TIP OF MY CAN AND WRITE! ALRIGHT PZ

IM NOT TRYIN TO DISRESPCT AS MUCH AS IT SEEMS LIKE I AM. I JUST DONT APPRECIATE THAT PPL MAKE GRAFFITI LOOK LIKE WE OUT THERE KILLIN PEOPLE.
Your not killing people....but your killing the neighborhood, which is killing people. I just think it's a shame that you have no respect for community, which boils down to no self respect. It will come back to you 10x over

Like I tell all taggers. Get on out there with ya bad self. Every dog has his day.

When you live by the can...eventually you get canned.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » July 28th, 2004, 9:04 am

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:AYE LETS GET DOWN TO the SIMPLE FACTS. WRITTERS DO WUT THAT DO AND AINT NOBODY GUNA STOP US. I STARTED WRITTIN IN 5TH GRADE DAMNIT. IVE GOTTEN 2 MISDEMENORS FOR IT. ANYWHERE I GO IM DOWN TO WRITE. EXCEPT IN A HOOD. ITS IN OUR SYSTEM. WE SEE A NICE SPOT WERE OTHER PPL GUNA SEE IT WE GUNA CATCH IT FOR the FAME. IN the END U CAN MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A CRIMINAL WHOS A PIECE OF S*** BUT IM STIL GUNA BE OUT THERE HITTIN UP U FEEL ME? AND I AINT A BAD PERSON. I GOT TO SKOOL. I DO MY WORK. because ITS WORK BEFORE PLAY BUT WEN IM OUT THERE AT NIGHT I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT N E ONE THINKS IMA PLACE MY FINGER ON the TIP OF MY CAN AND WRITE! ALRIGHT PZ

One thing taggers have in common. Read his words carefully. You will notice the selfishness and low self esteem these people have. Not enough attention at home? Dumb and stupid? Just learning to read and write on the wall? Who knows...but this is a lost tribe with no direction.

Return to “Graffiti, Tattoos & Fashion”