PATRIOT ACT

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4148
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 12:28 pm

Just six weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a jittery Congress-exiled from its anthrax-contaminated offices and confronted with warnings that more terrorist assaults were soon to come-capitulated to the Bush Administration's demands for a new arsenal of anti-terrorism weapons. Over vigorous objections from civil liberties organizations on both ends of the political spectrum, Congress overwhelmingly approved the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act, better known by its acronym, the PATRIOT ACT

The House vote was 356-to-66, and the Senate vote was 98-to-1. Along the way, the Republican House leadership, in a raw display of force, jettisoned an anti-terrorism bill that the House Judiciary Committee had unanimously approved and that would have addressed a number of civil liberties concerns.3 The hastily-drafted, complex, and far-reaching legislation spans 342 pages.

Yet it was passed with virtually no public hearing or debate, and it was accompanied by neither a conference nor a committee report. On October 26, the Act was signed into law by a triumphant President George W. Bush

THERE IS PEOPLE BEING HELD WITHOUT A CHARGE BEING MADE, AND WITHOUT ACCESS TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT & WHY ?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by BlaKK » December 1st, 2004, 12:40 pm

im all for the PAtriot act. Attorney General AShcroft was the one who got the bill across the hill, and beleive me he was criticised for it. Many complain that their freedom is bieng invaded by the patriot act. But i look at it like this. As long as you know you aint doin shyt wrong, than whats there to worry about.
Exactly. its only thos who know that they are in the wrong notice that they are the ones who want more liberties. People beleive that this patriot act enables cops Fbi DEA to just run up in a niggas crib and search there shyt for no reason. when in reality thats just what the ACLU wants you to beleive, just to piss you off. Do youre researcn on the act. http://WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG is a good non partisan website that will let chu in on what the patriot act is all about.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4148
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 12:48 pm

kOOL, I hear you on it, will check it out.

However you would agree that the powers of big brother have becomed that much intrusive and without cause or warrant with minimun supervision, and any person can be labeled and held without proper representation.

What about in the future outlook on civil rights and representation, if a corrupt powerful administration of the like we have yet experienced takes office and decides "you" are a danger to be dealt with even though you're just being a teen in a Chicago Gang Neighborhood ?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by BlaKK » December 1st, 2004, 12:59 pm

no, i agree with you, there is some corruption that will follow this act. but isnt it so with every act. every action has a reaction. Nah, but i see where you goin, some corrupt as$ cop is gonna come and take advantage of the system.
and its fucced up. were all innocent untill proven otherwise. but some cops just don't understand. But that came along far before the patriot act. Shyt like thats been happening since the begening of our time. read up on what the act is all about though. Than post up what chu think.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4148
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 1:03 pm

i already have, and that is a hell of a lotta reading to do, and i failed to find a supervisory safeguard against a Goverment Administration during war time or crisis, hence anything goes as long as the many are left alone to eat their slice of cheese.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by BlaKK » December 1st, 2004, 1:21 pm

exactly, i like you "wolf" politically inclined. foshow. see most people (especially minorties like me) just have no ensight on politics, and if they do its only domestic issues. travel wide i tell them. know foriegn politics just as well. because it is just as important.. peace out dogg. stay up.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 390
Joined: September 13th, 2004, 5:06 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by epun » December 7th, 2004, 4:03 pm

BlaKK wrote:exactly, i like you "wolf" politically inclined. foshow. see most people (especially minorties like me) just have no ensight on politics, and if they do its only domestic issues. travel wide i tell them. know foriegn politics just as well. because it is just as important.. peace out dogg. stay up.
Many minorities, as you call us, understand politics very clearly. What's important to understand is that many of us are not politicians or news journalist who are paid to have political wherewithal. Politics are very consuming and for the most part, subject to interpretation, much like your interpretation of the Patriot Act. Confusion breeds boredom and apathy. That's why the interest or thirst for politics among black and brown stastically is low because political platforms, acts and laws are never clear cut. Sure, knowing about foreign policy is great, but since you live domesticaly, knowing domestic policy would be of the essence, (just ask our former Secretary of State) agree? if you do, then come back to me once you understand the Patriot Act in it's full detail, because it sounds like you have about 60% understood, which isn't enough.

And listen, don't take this the wrong way. I"m just a lil' weery about brothas who get on various sites and speak on subjects and then turnaround and say something like "more minorities need to do this" and more minorities need to do that". We doin' it, it just takes time. So get at me, because you sound informed nonetheless.

Oh, we do agree on one thing....Lonewolf is a cool brotha.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by BlaKK » December 7th, 2004, 5:20 pm

epun, i am a minority.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by BlaKK » December 7th, 2004, 5:20 pm

and proud of it

User avatar
Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 812
Joined: December 9th, 2004, 2:03 pm
Location: the site I got my avatar from/www
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by Mraka » December 31st, 2004, 1:02 pm

BlaKK wrote:im all for the PAtriot act. Attorney General AShcroft was the one who got the bill across the hill, and beleive me he was criticised for it. Many complain that their freedom is bieng invaded by the patriot act. But i look at it like this. As long as you know you aint doin shyt wrong, than whats there to worry about.
Exactly. its only thos who know that they are in the wrong notice that they are the ones who want more liberties. People beleive that this patriot act enables cops Fbi DEA to just run up in a niggas crib and search there shyt for no reason. when in reality thats just what the ACLU wants you to beleive, just to piss you off. Do youre researcn on the act. http://WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG is a good non partisan website that will let chu in on what the patriot act is all about.
THE FBI STORMED ALLREADY HOUSES OF 67 YEAR OLDS NEVER IN THEIR LIFE DID A THING (1 IN NUMBERS) WRONG.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8968
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by alexalonso » January 11th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Just six weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a jittery Congress-exiled from its anthrax-contaminated offices and confronted with warnings that more terrorist assaults were soon to come-capitulated to the Bush Administration's demands for a new arsenal of anti-terrorism weapons. Over vigorous objections from civil liberties organizations on both ends of the political spectrum, Congress overwhelmingly approved the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act, better known by its acronym, the PATRIOT ACT

The House vote was 356-to-66, and the Senate vote was 98-to-1. Along the way, the Republican House leadership, in a raw display of force, jettisoned an anti-terrorism bill that the House Judiciary Committee had unanimously approved and that would have addressed a number of civil liberties concerns.3 The hastily-drafted, complex, and far-reaching legislation spans 342 pages.

Yet it was passed with virtually no public hearing or debate, and it was accompanied by neither a conference nor a committee report. On October 26, the Act was signed into law by a triumphant President George W. Bush

THERE IS PEOPLE BEING HELD WITHOUT A CHARGE BEING MADE, AND WITHOUT ACCESS TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT & WHY ?
The one senator that voted against the Patriot Act was probably the smartest one. Who was it?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by RuthlessCray » January 11th, 2014, 11:31 pm

We know obama was against it while in the senate, he was also against a lot of bad things until he became president and went in favor of those very things he was against. Going to war without congressional approval, raising the debt ceiling, patriot act ect.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8968
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: PATRIOT ACT

Unread post by alexalonso » September 5th, 2016, 11:43 pm

didnt Obama renew the Patriot Act?

Post Reply

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”